The Consequence of Provoking...

By An-errr

The first time they met, Gu Siyu blocked Huo Junxian in the stairwell and whispered in her ear, "Be with me?"... More

Chapter 1: Special relationship
Chapter 2: Don't give apples to the devil
Chapter 3: Hug tightly
Chapter 4: Go away
Chapter 5: Taking pictures
Chapter 6: Don't provoke me
Chapter 7: Say 'I love you' to the lunatic
Chapter 8: Want to beat her
Chapter 9: Superficial/shallow
Chapter 10: Swallows Flying Over Old Power Lines
Chapter 11: Sharp Ears
Chapter 12: Are you a lunatic?"
Chapter 13: Mentally ill
Chapter 14: Sickly
Chapter 15: I'm scared
Chapter 16: Stepping on Moonlight
Chapter 17: Master
Chapter 18: Traitor
Chapter 19: A Threatening Proposal
Chapter 20: Go crazy
Chapter 21: Crazy Critic
Chapter 22: If you're willing to help, I'll repay you.
Chapter 24: Professional Matching
Chapter 25: Let's see who can run faster!
Chapter 26: Playing Games
Chapter 27: Crazy Rose
Chapter 28: Found it
Chapter 29: Watching the Game
Chapter 30: Chapter 30: Willing to Gamble and Admit Defeat.
Chapter 31: Anger
Chapter 32: Do you just love watching movies like this?
Chapter 33: You have been blacklisted.
Chapter 34: Angry
Chapter 35: Boarding the Plane
Chapter 36: Unfortunately, Huo Junxian did not push the person away either
Chapter 37: She is indeed a vicious dog
Chapter 38: Taking care of her
Chapter 39: The heartbeat is accelerating
Chapter 40: Super crazy
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106

Chapter 23: Don't let three billion go to waste.

174 11 0
By An-errr

The two didn't meet each other face to face. One was upstairs and the other was sitting in a car, with a far distance between them. Their figures appeared as just a shadow in each other's eyes. However, they were staring at each other, and their gazes were like a fuse in the hot summer air, quickly ignited.

It started burning and then exploded.

Gu Siyu almost couldn't help thinking about it day and night.

The car downstairs had been parked there without moving. Gu Siyu's takeout food had arrived at the ground floor, and the delivery rider called her to come down and pick it up. However, Gu Siyu didn't want to go down for the moment, so she asked the rider to leave it on the first floor.

Gu Siyu looked at her phone, but Huo Junxian hadn't sent her any messages. Huo Junxian didn't use any vulgar actions or tones to seduce her, but instead had an aloof attitude with a hint of arrogance.

Whether she admitted it or not, Gu Siyu felt like she had lost the battle.

Later, a bread truck came, and it honked at the Maybach, prompting it to move to another parking spot. The residential area was narrow, and the Maybach couldn't find a parking space, so it left the area without any reluctance.

"Damn it."

Gu Siyu was very angry, and she suddenly felt a stomach ache. She had a delicate stomach, and if she waited for too long, her stomach would start to hurt. She went down to pick up her takeout, but the barbecue that cost only a few dozen yuan tasted bland, making her stomach hurt even more. So she had to call a runner to buy a box of stomach medicine.

A few days later, Huo Junxian kept coming to her, dressed in sexy clothes as if she were in a fashion show. Gu Siyu became cruel and intentionally tortured Huo Junxian by not giving her an answer, hoping to take revenge for the anger she felt that day.

Gu Siyu also realized that if she didn't reveal any information within three days, and if something happened to the company, Huo Junxian would be crushed by Jin Yuansen. Then, Gu Siyu would lose both her money and her person.

Gu Siyu was weighing things in her mind, afraid that if she didn't reveal any information within three days, Huo Junxian would be killed by Jin Yuansen if the company ran into trouble. Then, she would be left with nothing.

Fortunately, several days had passed without incident. Jin Yuansen was just bluffing when he said he would kill Huo Junxian within three days. Given the current situation, it would have been terrible if she had followed Jin Yuansen at that time. He might have detained her for three months or three years, or even worse, not let her come out alive.

"F*ck!" Gu Siyu gritted her teeth.

Huo Junxian came on a Saturday morning while Gu Siyu was going downstairs to have breakfast. They bumped into each other face to face. Huo Junxian was holding a dog with one hand and carrying two transparent bags filled with vegetables and fruits with the other. She followed Gu Siyu into the elevator, and a teddy bear light bulb was added in the middle.

As they entered the house, Teddy ran in and started playing with the pillows, pushing them from the living room to the dining room. Huo Junxian picked up the pillow and saw the stomach medicine on the table. She threw the takeout that Gu Siyu had brought into the trash.

Gu Siyu, with sharp eyes, noticed it and raised her head to look at her. "What are you doing?"

"Your stomach is not feeling well, and you still eat these things?" Huo Junxian asked.

"Then what should I eat?" Gu Siyu replied.

"Don't eat this," said Huo Junxian.

Gu Siyu was about to explode at her, but Huo Junxian went into the kitchen, put down the takeout, turned on the faucet to wash the rice and vegetables, and began to chop a piece of meat into minced meat.

Her knife skills were practiced and elegant, much better than when she was holding an embroidery knife.

Gu Siyu licked her lips and thought that this woman should be in the kitchen, wearing an apron and cooking. She could even kill with her cooking.

After standing for a while, Gu Siyu smelled the aroma of rice and couldn't help walking to the kitchen door.

Huo Junxian said, "You can eat in a moment."

Gu Siyu heard this and felt a double meaning in her words. She felt that Huo Junxian was suggesting that she could eat her, a mature woman, later.

These words fell into Gu Siyu's ears, and they had a somewhat ambiguous meaning. Gu Siyu felt that she was hinting at herself, suggesting that she could "eat" this mature woman later.

Huojunxian shouted again, "Put the fruit in the fridge."

"Okay." Gu Siyu honestly took the fruit in, watermelon, peaches, mangoes... she bought everything that should be in season.

"If your stomach hurts, don't eat too much," Huojunxian said. "It's better not to eat at all."

"Then why did you buy it?" Gu Siyu was speechless. The more she was told not to eat, the more she wanted to, and now she couldn't resist looking at the fruit.

The lean meat and vegetable porridge cooked in the morning looked plain, but it was fragrant and rich. Gu Siyu had a stomachache for a few days, and besides taking medicine, she didn't know how to take care of herself. When she was in a bad mood, she would eat spicy and stimulating food to refresh herself.

She blew on the spoon and drank slowly. After the hot porridge entered her stomach, her stomach felt much better, and Gu Siyu's appetite improved. She planned to eat a little more, but Huojunxian took her bowl and said, "Seven-tenths full is enough. Let's take care of your stomach first."

Gu Siyu was a little unhappy, and Huojunxian said again, "I'll make chestnut chicken soup for lunch."

After a few seconds of hesitation, Gu Siyu returned the bowl to her and said softly, "I've thought about it carefully, and it's true that I haven't given you a sense of security."

Gu Siyu's stomach didn't hurt as much now, and she felt more comfortable. Whether she ate the porridge or not didn't matter anymore. Huojunxian's words touched her a little.

She said, "I don't care much about a sense of security. What I want is assurance. I can't help you and get nothing in return. In the end, I push myself to the guillotine. If that's the case, you're quite heartless."

Huojunxian said, "Collusion is impossible."

She was firm in her position, but this time her emotions were different. She wasn't as indifferent as before. She said, "Playing games with a liar can easily leave you with nothing, and since you deceived Jin Yuansen, you may deceive me too. I can't trust you."

"So you're worried about that." Gu Siyu thought for a moment and folded one leg, saying, "I can promise you."

"Do you believe in promises?" Huojunxian asked her in return.

Gu Siyu certainly didn't believe it. Sitting face to face and having a meal together should be a warm scene, but now it has become a bit confrontational.

Gu Siyu definitely didn't believe it. Sitting face-to-face with each other while eating should have been a warm scene, but at this moment it became a bit confrontational.

"There's a song that sings about promises well, 'promises are only made because of uncertainty', for things that one is certain about, they just quietly do them."

Gu Siyu lied and started to deceive Huo Junxian, "I'm interested in you, that's enough, don't worry, I really like you."

"Like?" Huo Junxian played with this phrase. Teddy ran to her legs and climbed up, wanting to taste the leftover porridge in her bowl, but Huo Junxian didn't let it and pushed it away a bit, saying, "Is it the kind of liking where you only like one person for a lifetime?"

Gu Siyu nodded without hesitation, "Yes."

Huo Junxian smiled at her, a bit devilish, "Then why aren't you willing to help me?"

Gu Siyu said, "I like you, and I also love money, but I love money for you."

She held her stomach with one hand and supported her chin with the other, saying, "I want to take care of you, with money, we can be together. We can collaborate, on the surface it's for making money, but actually, I'm doing it for..."

"For seducing me?" Huo Junxian finished the sentence for her.

Gu Siyu crossed her long legs and fished out a yogurt stick from her pocket. She tore open the packaging and bit on the stick, mixing lies and truth together in her words, even she herself couldn't distinguish what she said was true or false.

She was just scratching her itch, chewing on the yogurt stick in her mouth, and facing Huo Junxian, who seemed to understand. She nodded slightly and said, "Okay, I know."

"What do you know?" Gu Siyu asked curiously, chewing on the yogurt stick, which was full of milk flavor and was her tool for quitting smoking.

"I'll give you..." Huo Junxian made a gesture with her mouth, but didn't make a sound.

"What?" Gu Siyu asked with a smile.

"Just..."

"Say it."

"Having sex."

"Say it all together."

Huo Junxian didn't say it and lowered her eyes, "Is it okay?"

"No," Gu Siyu laughed, leaning back with a casual posture. She said, "It's not about that, the process is also important. I want money, three hundred million for a house, I won't take it for free."

Gu Siyu laughed and leaned back, looking very casual. She said, "It's not about that. The process is also important. I want money - three hundred million and a house. I don't want to come away empty-handed."

"Oh, that's easy. Just take his money," Huo Junxian said, also sounding casual. "You take his money and tell me who the traitor is. Those two things don't conflict."

"Hmm?" Gu Siyu looked expectant.

Huo Junxian made a sound of agreement, seeming to think about how to say what she wanted to say. After a moment, she spoke bluntly, "He thinks he can trick you because you didn't go to school. He can use a contract to make you keep a secret, but it's hard for you to use a contract to get three hundred million and a house."

Gu Siyu didn't quite understand.

Huo Junxian said plainly, "He's bullying you for not having gone to school, and he's using the contract to trick you."

"..."

Did he think she didn't go to school?

Gu Siyu bit her lip, feeling like she had hit a soft spot.

Huo Junxian continued, "I know a very good lawyer. You can free up some time, and I'll have her give you a lesson. You'll naturally understand. Don't worry, I won't cheat you like Jin Yuansen. That would be too boring and not fun."

That didn't sound bad.

There was both a process and a result.

Huo Junxian didn't give her time to consider, saying, "I'm good to you."

"So, what else do you want?" Gu Siyu was a very insightful person, and she felt that there were bonds between people - bonds of money, of emotion, and various entanglements that required a response.

The second hand ticked clockwise, flowing second by second in the small house with four broken walls, binding the two people inside. The temperature varied with the passage of time, becoming hot and boiling. There were only a few spoonfuls of porridge left in the bowl.

It was a very ordinary meal, but the conversation was confrontational. Both of them had revealed some of their true selves. Gu Siyu was very calm and straightforward, even when she was lying.

It all depended on whether Huo Junxian was sincere or not.

After a moment, Huo Junxian spoke up again. "I also want...you to be more gentle with your mouth. I'm afraid of pain."

"Fuck." Gu Siyu cursed softly. She wanted to retort, but couldn't find the words. She touched her lips, feeling like she couldn't hold back anymore. The longer she held back, the more she wanted to let loose. She had been on edge for the past few days, and now she had a pimple on her lip.

"Damn it." Gu Siyu cursed under her breath. She wanted to argue back but couldn't find the words. She touched her lips and felt the urge to do something she had been holding back for days. Her mouth had broken out in a pimple from all the frustration.

Huo Junxian cleared the plates from the table and took them to the kitchen.

"Get it over with," Gu Siyu said from behind.

They had reached an agreement.

Gu Siyu wasn't stupid. Once they had agreed on something, she didn't want to drag it out any longer. Otherwise, they might forget about it later. She had been anxious for the past few days and had even broken out in a pimple. She remembered the milk that needed to be replaced. If someone else had to do it, they might forget.

The sound of rushing water came from the kitchen. Huo Junxian's voice was still clear in Gu Siyu's ears. "I'll feed you later."

"What? Be clear," Gu Siyu shouted shamelessly from outside.

"I'll give you your medicine," Huo Junxian said.

"Tsk."

"Remember to take your medicine."

Gu Siyu felt that Huo Junxian was mocking her, so she stopped responding. She went to the bedroom and turned on the air conditioner. If the temperature went up after nine o'clock, the two of them and the dog might not be able to handle it. However, even though she turned it up to the highest setting, she didn't feel much cold air.

She had a habit of tapping on electronic products that she didn't understand. Gu Siyu stood on a chair and tapped on the air conditioner. Dust fell down, and she got a face full of it. It took her a while to remove the filter and take it to the kitchen to wash it.

Gu Siyu had made herself dirty, so she cleaned herself up before turning on the air conditioner again. She felt much cooler and went to take a shower.

Huo Junxian had cleaned up and was sitting in the bedroom with a children's storybook on the bedside table. She started to flip through it, but Gu Siyu snatched it away from her.

Gu Siyu sat on her lap, and the two of them rubbed against each other gently. Their faces were close together, and they could smell each other's fragrance. Gu Siyu's lips moved from Huo Junxian's ear to her cheek, and she wanted to kiss her on the mouth.

Huo Junxian turned her head away.

Gu Siyu spoke with a strong tone. "Turn around."

Huo Junxian sighed and leaned in to kiss Gu Siyu on the mouth. Their thin lips met, and they closed their mouths.

Gu Siyu remained silent, staring at her intently. Huo Junxian leaned forward slightly and touched her lips, their four thin lips touching each other tightly, with their mouths pursed.

Huo Junxian's kiss was soft and gentle, while Gu Siyu's was more aggressive. She pried open Huo Junxian's lips and bit down hard, making Huo Junxian moan in discomfort.

After pushing her away slightly, Gu Siyu pinned her to the headboard with one hand and used the other to playfully lift her chin.

Huo Junxian turned her head away, refusing to be touched.

"You're so stubborn," Gu Siyu propped her chin up with her hand and looked at her seriously. "The more you resist, the more I want to conquer you."

Huo Junxian pursed her lips, showing her stubbornness.

"Nevermind," Gu Siyu seemed to have given up on arguing with her. She leaned on her chest, and Huo Junxian's heart raced like thunder. Gu Siyu stroked her, as if comforting her emotions, but Huo Junxian knew that she wasn't being kind-hearted, and her emotions didn't change.

Sure enough, the next second, Gu Siyu began to playfully pinch her, causing Huo Junxian to frown.

Huo Junxian closed her eyes, her long, slender eyelashes flickering as if in pain.

Seeing her like this, Gu Siyu withdrew her fingers and opened her eyelids, deliberately irritating her. "Jin Yuansen offered me the most tempting conditions, and it wasn't money. Do you want to know what it is?"

Teddy ran over, staring at the two people, wanting to bark but not daring to. Gu Siyu pinched Huo Junxian's chin and said maliciously, "Are you shy?"

Huo Junxian opened her eyes, looking resentful. She shook off Gu Siyu's hand. "Don't be like this."

Gu Siyu grabbed a peach and bit into it in front of her, with a fierce expression, as if to intimidate her, as if saying, "I can eat you like this." Each bite left a tooth mark.

Teddy kept barking on the side, scared by the atmosphere. It tried to climb onto the bed, but Gu Siyu pushed it away with her foot.

After doing this twice, Huo Junxian covered her eyes and refused to look. Gu Siyu happily began to reveal the answer, "He said that when I have money, I should marry you, who have nothing. I've been thinking about it these past few days and I think he makes sense."

"Don't listen to him," Huo Junxian struggled to break free from her control.

"But I think..."

Before she could finish her sentence, Huo Junxian grabbed the back of her head and forcefully shoved the peach that Gu Siyu had just eaten into her mouth, making her stop talking and giving her a taste of her own medicine.

The conversation was not finished, Huo Junxian pressed the back of her head and stuffed the peach she had just eaten into her mouth, forcefully pushing it onto her lips, telling her to stop talking and effectively sealing her mouth shut.

"Eat a little more and don't talk," she said.

Gusi Yu rolled her eyes at being silenced, while Huo Junxian watched and chuckled.

·····

The months of July and August were the most hot and bustling, and at this time one could always hear a buzzing sound in their ears.

The air conditioning wasn't cool enough, the glass windows blocking the heat were tightly shut, and the narrow house was stuffy and hot, with heat lurking in the air.

Both inside and outside the house were very quiet, and the humming sound of the air conditioning unit became a hypnotic anchor. Gusi Yu's sleepiness grew, and she held onto Huo Junxian's hand, falling asleep next to her.

Huo Junxian looked at the person in her arms, Gusi Yu was very thin, with a small frame and a lazy and nonchalant demeanor, like an untrained stray dog that could not be disciplined even if beaten. Anyway, it was always clinging to you without sincerity.

"Your house is so hot, why don't you clean it up here?" Huo Junxian asked impatiently, pushing her away with force. Gusi Yu's long nails scratched Huo Junxian's arm, making her hiss in pain.

"What are you doing?" Gusi Yu opened her eyes sleepily and asked impatiently, looking like she was playing the role of a victim.

"I want to go get some water, I'm thirsty."

Gusi Yu nodded, and Huo Junxian sat on the edge of the bed with her back facing her, her tight-fitting skirt perfectly hugging her body and emphasizing her slim waist.

Huo Junxian stood up and the velvet fabric instantly became smooth, erasing all the creases that Gusi Yu had carefully smoothed out.

Huo Junxian was gone for a while, and Gusi Yu was afraid that she would put on her clothes and run away, so she propped herself up with her arm, preparing to get up.

Soon, Huo Junxian returned with a glass of water in her hand, which was filled to the brim. She walked over and shook the glass of water twice, getting her palm and fingers wet.

Huo Junxian fed the water to Gusi Yu, who drank it all in one go and then bit her.

"Dog."

When Gusi Yu woke up, there was no one next to her. She just reached out and touched, but didn't rush to get up, instead lying on the bed with her arm as a pillow.

She closed her eyes and slowly savored the memory, thinking most about Huo Junxian's eyebrows and eyes.

She closed her eyes and savored the memory slowly. What came to mind most was Huo Junxian's eyebrows and eyes.

Huo Junxian had a lightly furrowed brow, as if she hadn't used too much force when drawing her eyebrows. The emotions in her eyes were very rich, with a hint of red at the corners.

She didn't feel the need to hide anything, and she enjoyed snuggling up with others.

"Ah."

Gu Siyu covered her face with her hands. She knew exactly what she wanted, damn it, it was too hot and humid today.

Gu Siyu got up and walked towards the bathroom in her slippers. She kicked them off at the door, not wanting them to get in the way, and walked in barefoot. She took a shower and was too lazy to put on clothes properly because of the heat, so she just threw on a white shirt. Her legs were long and fair when she walked.

As she came out, she heard the sound of the door closing. Just as she was about to go back into the bathroom to put on some pants, she heard the familiar sound of a dog barking. Gu Siyu walked barefoot to the door, her wet hair dripping water, and twisted the ends of her hair with one hand.

Huo Junxian was bending down to change her shoes and looked at her, slightly opening her eyes. "You...where did you go?"

"Where did you go?" Gu Siyu spoke first, flipping her hair behind her ear.

Huo Junxian lifted the bag in her hand. "I bought some ingredients to make soup for you and help you take care of your stomach."

Gu Siyu had long forgotten about this matter; her stomach had stopped hurting a while ago.

Huo Junxian was serious about fulfilling her promises, and she didn't even feel hot as she busied herself in the kitchen. Gu Siyu leaned against the kitchen door and asked, "What were you about to say earlier?"

Huo Junxian stopped cutting vegetables and turned to look at her thin and transparent white short sleeves. "Your clothes are soaked through."

Gu Siyu looked down and snorted, thinking about changing her clothes. But she couldn't help but show off her long legs and asked, "Huo Junxian, do I look good?"

She had a different body type than Huo Junxian's mature and full figure; her beauty leaned more towards youthfulness. She was tall and slim, with curves in all the right places and no excess fat where there shouldn't be.

Huo Junxian just smiled lightly.

Gu Siyu turned around, and her clothes swayed gently with her movements. She sat on the couch with one leg crossed over the other, grabbed a towel and twisted her hair up. She felt something hug her leg and looked down to see a Teddy dog, shaking its ears.

Gu Siyu turned around, her dress swaying gently with her movement as she sat on the sofa with one leg crossed over the other. She reached for a towel and rubbed it against her hair, feeling her leg being hugged from below. She lowered her head and saw a Teddy dog, its ears shaking as it tried to play with her.

"Get away from me," she said.

"You neutered dog!"

The more she tried to avoid the Teddy, the more it wanted to play with her. Eventually, she even held it in her arms. She used to enjoy teasing it, but now she avoided it and wore long pants for several days.

A few days ago, Gu Siyu did not open the door and Huo Junxian came every day, but gradually she started coming later and later. Gu Siyu cooked on time, but she was annoyed by the delays.

If this goes on, won't Huo Junxian stop coming?

That can't happen. Gu Siyu's mouth had gotten used to the food that Huo Junxian made, and she had to rely on her for it. If Huo Junxian didn't come, Gu Siyu would send her messages to urge her, using a very demanding tone.

Huo Junxian did not reply immediately. Gu Siyu felt like she was being baited, and that Huo Junxian was purposely teasing her, causing her to become addicted and then ignoring her.

Huo Junxian returned only after the blazing sun had set.

Huo Junxian: [It's so hot where you are.]

Gu Siyu saw the message and snorted, pretending not to understand. [Where is it hot?]

Huo Junxian: [It's almost 42℃, very hot.]

Gu Siyu frowned, her mouth twitching.

Huo Junxian: [I just touched the windowsill and my fingers felt like they were about to blister. Xiao Yu is almost unable to bear it. I'm afraid it'll get heatstroke. Can I come later when the sun sets?]

Gu Siyu replied: [Can you just say everything at once?]

Huo Junxian: [Okay, I will next time.]

Even Gu Siyu couldn't stand the heat in this place. She was always in a lazy state, not bothering to clean up the mess except for the garbage that needed to be cleared every day. She also didn't want to decorate the place. Even if she couldn't sleep all night because of the heat, she would rather take two more showers than replace the old-fashioned air conditioner from over ten years ago.

At around four o'clock in the afternoon, Gu Siyu took an umbrella to the bathroom, soaked it for a while, and then carried it outside.

Around 4 pm, Gu Siyu took an umbrella to the bathroom and soaked it for a while before heading out with it open.

She first went to the service hall to get a new phone card, then went to a nearby home appliance store to buy a wall-mounted air conditioner. After paying and scheduling for installation, she smelled the aroma of lobster on the way back and bought three pounds of it along with some barbecue. The owner even gave her an extra dish.

While calculating her expenses on the way home, she saw a black Jeep Cherokee parked outside her building. Her tall secretary stepped out of the driver's seat and said, "Miss Gu, Mr. Huo has already gone up."

Gu Siyu nodded and went upstairs with her purchases. She saw a few people in blue overalls at her door and assumed they were there to install the air conditioner, but upon closer inspection, she realized it was a different brand.

Huo Junxian was waiting at the door, quiet and calm. When Gu Siyu opened the door, she asked, "What's the model of this air conditioner? Is it powerful enough? Will it be enough for the living room?"

"It covers the whole area," said one of the workers carrying the unit inside.

"No need for that," Gu Siyu replied. The air conditioner she bought was for her bedroom.

Huo Junxian generously said, "Let's install all of them since Xiaoyu likes to run around. I'll pay for it."

Although someone else offering to pay for her made Gu Siyu happy, Huo Junxian's actions made her feel offended. She put the lobster on the table, and her teddy dog, with its sensitive nose, sniffed it out and wanted to taste it.

Gu Siyu quickly realized that this was her own home, and Huo Junxian's initiative made her feel like she was being dominated. She didn't like it when someone tried to control her.

The workers came in and out, asking Huo Junxian for instructions as if she were the homeowner. Gu Siyu leaned against the table, her long legs crossed, and her arms folded as she glanced at Huo Junxian.

Huo Junxian looked up and said, "Aren't you also having trouble sleeping because of the heat? Taking too many showers isn't good for your body and can cause water allergies."

Gu Siyu replied calmly, "I'll buy my own air conditioner for the bedroom."

Huo Junxian looked at her and said after a moment, "Okay, you make the decision."

Gu Siyu felt relieved hearing this.

Within half an hour, the workers she hired arrived, and they installed the air conditioners inside and outside the apartment quickly.

In less than half an hour, the people she had invited arrived, and they all worked together inside and outside the house to install the air conditioner quickly.

When the air conditioner was installed, she stood in front of the cool air blowing, and all her messy thoughts disappeared. Huo Junxian went to settle the bill with the workers, and she gave them a few hundred extra yuan, which was a rich woman's behavior. She said it was hot outside and asked the workers to have some water.

Looking around the rundown house, Gu Siyu didn't dislike it as much anymore. She walked around and used a broom to clean her own house. She thought if she had made some changes earlier, it wouldn't be so bad here, and she wouldn't hate it so much.

Seeing Huo Junxian looking at her with a puzzled expression, she hummed lightly and asked, "Can Teddy eat shrimp?"

"No, he can't," Huo Junxian replied.

Gu Siyu watched Teddy's mouth watering look and felt very satisfied. She deliberately peeled the shrimp in front of Teddy and ate it in front of him. She even licked her fingers to tease Teddy, who wanted to bite her. She even put her fingers in front of Teddy's nose and asked, "Does it smell good?"

"Woof woof woof!" Teddy was anxious.

Huo Junxian looked at her and said softly, "It's too dirty, don't lick your fingers, use a tissue to wipe them first."

Perhaps because of what happened with Teddy, Gu Siyu always felt that Huo Junxian's words were not clean.

She wiped her hands and asked, "Are you staying here overnight tonight?"

"No, I'm going home," Huo Junxian replied.

Huo Junxian had come to install the air conditioner with great fanfare, but insisted on going home on time every night. Gu Siyu didn't know what she was up to.

A week passed quickly, with continuous high temperatures. Gu Siyu was too lazy to go out, so she went out for a walk with Huo Junxian when she walked her dog at night. These days, Jin Yuansen had sent her a lot of messages, but she only replied with one message, asking him to return her phone. After all, her new phone cost thousands of yuan, and if it was broken, she would be heartbroken. She couldn't argue with Jin Yuansen to get hundreds of thousands of yuan back from him.

As for the clothes that Teddy had bitten, Huo Junxian had already compensated her. Several brand representatives personally delivered clothes for Gu Siyu to choose from, but she didn't picky and kept them all in her closet.

Regarding the clothes that were bitten by Teddy, Huo Junxian compensated her and had several brand staff members personally deliver them to Gu Siyu for her to choose. Gu Siyu did not pick too much and kept everything that fit into her closet.

She is never indirect, and she takes everything that is given to her. She firmly believes that this is like an opportunity. If she doesn't seize it, she won't have another chance and will have nowhere to cry. Many things must be fought for on one's own.

On the other hand, the several brands that Huo Junxian invited were very much to her taste, all leaning towards cool attire. The dresses were all high-end custom styles, greatly satisfying her vanity.

Huo Junxian apologized and compensated generously, and after two or three days of being angry, Gu Siyu was finally coaxed into feeling better.

In contrast, Jin Yuansen, when asked to return her phone, kept dragging his feet, and his phone messages were all testing her which side she leaned towards. Talking to this kind of person is very tiring.

Gu Siyu replied, "Your ex-wife was about to stab someone with a knife last time. Are you still here talking nonsense? Do you think I dare to cooperate with you? I'll say this much. You can decide for yourself. I'll go to your company the day after tomorrow."

Jin Yuansen replied, "What are you going to do at the company? Where have you been living lately? She is already working at the company now, so you don't have to hide anymore."

Gu Siyu said, "Where have I been living? Your ex-wife had the driver take me to an unfamiliar place. She has been making food and drinks for me every day, and the day before yesterday, she even installed air conditioning for me. I don't even know where I am, and she seems nice to me, but in reality, I know I'm being hidden by your ex-wife."

Jin Yuansen asked, "You have been imprisoned by her?"

For some reason, the words "imprisoned" were particularly piercing to Jin Yuansen.

For some reason, the words "imprisoned" were particularly jarring to Jin Yuansen.

Gusiyu replied angrily, "Yes, she imprisoned me and even made me go to her office on time later."

Jin Yuansen asked, "Why go to her office?"

Gusiyu replied, "What do you think?"

Jin Yuansen didn't reply to her. His WeChat status kept saying "typing", and Gusiyu's mouth curled up as she sent a message, "Don't you know how perverse she is? Of course it's to satisfy her."

Jin Yuansen sent a string of garbled characters, then quickly retracted it and sent another message, "Are you joking?"

Gusiyu replied, "Are you surprised now? When you took me to see her back then, wasn't it to have me seduce her?"

This time, Jin Yuansen responded late, with just two words: "Not really."

Indeed, Jin Yuansen had wanted Gusiyu, who was cunning, money-loving, and perverse, to explore the secrets of Huo Junxian from a friend's perspective, but he underestimated the extent to which Gusiyu was perverse.

Indeed, Jin Yuansen wanted Gu Siyu to use her wits, love of money, and willingness to do anything to uncover the secrets of Huo Junxian from a friend's perspective. However, he underestimated Gu Siyu's willingness to do anything.

Gu Siyu responded: "[Maybe I hit her strange XP (emotional state). She feels more comfortable when I play with her and has a bit of a crush on me.]"

Jin Yuansen replied: "[That's enough, Gu Siyu.]"

Gu Siyu looked at what she had typed and laughed to herself, thinking she had gone too far and that she had probably driven her ex-husband crazy.

She revised her message and sent it again: "[So what do you suggest? Your ex-wife has me imprisoned, doesn't let me leave, and demands too much from me. How do I escape? You need to think of a way for me.]"

Jin Yuansen was smart and suggested that she send him her location so he could figure out a way to get her out.

Gu Siyu responded: "[I don't trust you. If you come over and get caught by Huo Junxian, you'll run away, and I'll be the one to suffer. She can make me need two more kidneys.]"

Jin Yuansen had no choice: "[Come to the company, and I'll figure something out.]"

Gu Siyu didn't continue the conversation with him. She received several messages from Huo Junxian but didn't reply. She was bored and thought about going to Huo Junxian's company to see the lawyer she had arranged and to see her ex-husband and discuss how to make money.

Huo Junxian messaged her: "[Don't worry, I have someone protecting you.]"

Gu Siyu joked: "[Bodyguards with knives?]"

Huo Junxian replied: "[Something like that.]"

Gu Siyu was excited. It was her first time going out with a bodyguard. She fixed her hair, grabbed her pearl bag, went back and got a bottle of sunscreen spray, and put 200 yuan in her pocket.

When she arrived on the first floor, she saw the car that came to pick her up - a black Bentley with sleek lines that leaned towards a sports car.

The driver came over and opened the car door for her. Gu Siyu was stunned. She had seen this driver before - a burly man in a suit and tie who had forcefully pushed her towards Jin Yuansen's office last time.

The driver in front opened the car door, and Gu Siyu was stunned. She had seen this driver before - a burly man in a suit and tie who had used force to push her into Jin Yuansen's office last time.

She muttered under her breath, "He's really a bodyguard. I thought he was one of Jin Yuansen's thugs." She went back downstairs to call Huo Junxian. "Is this the bodyguard you hired? Why do I see Jin Yuansen's henchman?"

"That's him," Huo Junxian said casually.

"Huh?" Gu Siyu was confused.

Huo Junxian said, "Get in the car first."

Gu Siyu looked at the man warily, but he was respectful and helped her get into the car. She sat in the back and looked in the rearview mirror, where she met the driver's gaze.

The driver said with a scowl, "Mr. Huo helped me find a new job. The pay is higher than before, and I'm done with this line of work."

Gu Siyu understood that he wasn't retiring, but rather had been subdued by Huo Junxian's attack. Without that, he would still be working as Jin Yuansen's lackey. Men always have to save face.

The man introduced himself as Jian Yongren. He had previously been trained by a bodyguard company and specialized in bodyguard work. He later became Jin Yuansen's henchman, but now he had returned to his post after realizing his mistake.

Jian Yongren escorted Gu Siyu to the company, and she attracted some attention as she walked through the lobby. She stopped and turned to ask Jian Yongren, "You used to hang out with Jin Yuansen all the time. Were you very high-profile?"

"I was a bodyguard team leader."

"Then you turned traitor pretty quickly."

"Huo Junxian gave me too much," Jian Yongren whispered.

Okay, she understood.

They arrived at the office smoothly, but no one was inside. Huo Junxian had gone to a meeting.

Gu Siyu messaged Huo Junxian: [You're not here. What if Jin Yuansen comes and takes me away? Are you going to use your knife again?]

Huo Junxian replied: [No need.]

"Huh?" Gu Siyu replied.

"He's right in front of me," Huo Junxian replied.

Gu Siyu responded: [Pay attention to the meeting.]

Meetings were serious business. Gu Siyu couldn't just slack off at work all day and play with her phone during important meetings or risk getting side-eyed.

Meeting is a serious matter. Even Gu Siyu, who is usually idle and wanders around without going to work, understands that playing with a phone during an important meeting will attract disapproving looks.

As for Huo Junxian, I wonder if anyone is willing to stand by her side... Those who are willing to stand by her side are probably not good people either.

Gu Siyu has no confidence in Huo Junxian. She shakes her head and wanders around the office. She walks to the bookshelf and sees the black and gold embroidered spring knife. The blade is neatly hidden in the scabbard, and the scabbard is engraved with complex patterns and the words "Love is unknown, but it runs deep." The knife handle has Huo Junxian's name on it.

Tsk.

The break up has already happened, and now there is this knife left. I don't know if it's for reminiscing about the days of deep affection or for using it to kill scumbags in the future.

Honestly, if this were Gu Siyu, and she had been scammed by someone, she would have chopped the scumbag with a knife and even made him disabled, so that he would be better off dead than alive in the future.

Of course, Gu Siyu only loves money, and she thinks that no one can scam her in this life. As time goes by, only money will not let her down.

Gu Siyu doesn't want to get involved in these dangerous business battles. She thinks it's a waste of brainpower, and most of the books on the shelf are difficult to understand. She searched for a long time before finding a book that she was interested in. She sat on the sofa and read it with great interest, even missing the messages that Huo Junxian had sent.

The door opened and Teddy ran in barking.

Gu Siyu didn't even lift her eyes, and then she heard Huo Junxian's gentle voice saying, "Don't bark, let Xiaoyu study for a while."

Teddy nodded obediently, and the two large

Teddy nodded vigorously, shaking his two big ears, and looked very well-behaved. However, he kept glancing at Gu Siyu as they walked.

"..." Gu Siyu felt irritated.

She tightly grasped her book and flipped through a few more pages. She thought that Huo Junxian looked more sophisticated in her suit, sitting at her desk, than the book in her hand.

Gu Siyu walked over to Huo Junxian and looked at what she was doing. Huo Junxian was flipping through a book, all in a foreign language, stacked in piles, and she seemed to be reading it with great interest. Gu Siyu was curious about Huo Junxian's educational background. She had the appearance of a homemaker but also looked like a highly educated elite that many people could not reach.

"Have you finished reading The Art of War?" Huo Junxian asked.

Before Gu Siyu could speak, she smiled and tilted her head.

"What's so funny?" Gu Siyu tapped her desk with her book. "I picked it out specifically for you. Learn it well."

"Why should I learn this?" Huo Junxian flipped through the book, looking puzzled. The first page had the words "Deceive the enemy and cross the sea." The original text read, "If you are fully prepared, you need not fear the enemy's deceit. If you are exceptionally vigilant, you can deceive the enemy." Gu Siyu chuckled and hugged her arms.

"You don't understand, do you?" After Huo Junxian nodded, Gu Siyu began to translate. "The idea is to learn to use lies and deception to conceal your true intentions, then find opportunities to strike back secretly, catching the other person off guard."

"Oh, that's impressive. Which method do you think suits my situation?" Huo Junxian looked confused and eager to learn. Teddy also stopped fooling around and listened attentively.

Gu Siyu flipped through the book and leaned on the desk, pointing to the words on the page. "First, use the strategy of an empty city to confuse the enemy. Then, use a cunning ploy to sow discord among Jin Yuansen's accomplices. Finally, you can use a borrowed knife to kill him and reap the benefits."

Gu Siyu was afraid that Huo Junxian wouldn't understand, so she simplified it, saying that even if there was no one around, she should create the illusion of having many helpers. Once she had confused Jin Yuansen, she could use a scheme to turn his accomplices against him and let them fight each other. Huo Junxian only needed to use the borrowed knife to kill Jin Yuansen and gain a great advantage.

Afraid that Huo Junxian wouldn't understand, Gu Siyu explained in simple and easy-to-understand sentences. Even if there was no one around Huo Junxian, she needed to create the appearance of having many people helping her to confuse Jin Yuansen's accomplices. Then, she could sow discord between them and let them fight amongst themselves. Huo Junxian only needed to borrow a knife to kill and reap the benefits.

Gu Siyu was serious and logical in her analysis, and her tactics were practical. They could be used in business warfare to carve out a path to success.

Huo Junxian asked, "So, what tactic do you plan to use?"

Gu Siyu just smiled. Of course, she would choose the best strategy after reaping the benefits of her previous move. She teased, "Guess."

Huo Junxian rested her chin in her hand and said, "Do you know what the 36 strategies of Sun Tzu's Art of War are?"

"What are they?"

"The strategy of destroying alliances, where friend and foe are indistinguishable. Kill anyone you see until there is no one left. That is victory."

Gu Siyu furrowed her brow and looked at Huo Junxian. She thought it was a bit ridiculous. Was Huo Junxian thinking of using a sword to fight her way out? That was too foolish. "Do you want to go to jail?" she asked.

Huo Junxian had claimed she was ignorant of the law and uneducated, but in reality, it was often the overconfident people who made bad decisions.

As they talked, Huo Junxian suddenly burst out laughing, leaned back in her chair, and held Gu Siyu's hand in hers. She had a bright smile on her face and said, "Gu Siyu, you're so adorable."

"Adorable?" That word was completely unsuitable for Gu Siyu. She pulled her hand back and suddenly realized that Sun Tzu's Art of War had more than just 36 strategies.

Huo Junxian was just messing with her.

" H uo Junxian," Gu Siyu gritted her teeth and called her out, forbidding her to continue laughing. She asked, "Do you think this is funny?"

"A little bit..." Huo Junxian pressed her lips tightly together. Gu Siyu tapped her shoulder with a book and glared at her. "Are you still laughing?"

Huo Junxian pursed her lips and tried to look serious.

Gu Siyu looked at the secretary collecting documents nearby. The secretary had a serious expression and quietly went about her work, as if she hadn't heard what they were saying. Gu Siyu said, "Tell her to leave."

Huo Junxian nodded. The secretary turned around, put a finger to her lips, and left, closing the door behind her. The room was quiet again.

Huo Junxian nodded, and the secretary turned around and put a finger to her lips before rubbing them twice. She went out and closed the door, leaving the room peaceful and quiet.

Gusiyu looked at Huo Junxian with a dark expression, but she was good at hiding her emotions. She propped her chin up with one hand while typing with the other hand on the keyboard, changing the subject. "The lawyer will be here later, you can wait for a bit."

"No rush." Gusiyu began to act up, placing a hand on Huo Junxian's shoulder and catching a whiff of the light fragrance on her, which was like the alluring sweetness of a ripe peach. She could easily peel it open with a light pinch.

The two of them didn't speak, and the atmosphere became awkward. Huo Junxian went to pick up "The Art of War" from the table, thinking that Gusiyu was angry, but then put it back.

Gusiyu squeezed her shoulder tightly. "I have a question for you."

"Hmm?" Huo Junxian raised her eyebrows.

Gusiyu bent slightly, and his lips were close to her ear. His voice was low, but his words were blunt. "Have you never slept with your ex-husband before?"

Author's Note:

[Reviewers, please take a careful look, there's really nothing there!! Happy New Year to all of you hardworking reviewers!]

Oh my god, thank you everyone for your support! It's been tough to write!

I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, I'm not feeling right myself. The first chapter was locked, and I cried all day. I really don't know what to do, I'm so sorry. I'm really going crazy, I slept at three o'clock yesterday and started fixing it at seven, and I'm still waiting for it to unlock now. I feel like I might just drop dead. Teddy is just a dog, and the weather is just the weather, it's just hotter in the summer, not implying that they're facing some big crisis. I'm really going crazy. I've made so many changes, and it's still been locked for a day and a night. I don't even have to think about the data, I just have to act cool and tough it out. I'm really sorry, I really am.

ps: "Preparation and inaction produce doubt, while common usage eliminates it. In warfare, the secret to success lies in deceiving the enemy." This quote is from "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu. Thank you to all the angels who voted for me or gave me encouragement from 01:13:35 on 2022-02-07 to 00:04:36 on 2022-02-09.

Translator's note: Haha~~ Yes, Gu Siyu is adorable, oops I stop before Huo Junxian stab me with her knife..

TO BE CONTINUE...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 3.9K 42
"When I followed my fate, true love found me." ---------------------------------------------- She wants her lost love back but does her fate want the...
1.2M 27K 60
Book 1 in the Solace universe HAPPY ENDING I SWEAR!! Idk why it won't say completed, but it is, I promise 🫡 ( 1 day + 11 hours are for the book, any...
39.6K 1K 54
It all started with her dying and some random ass system coming up to her. --- Counterattacking the female lead Yu Meng: Easy, done, everything is s...
109 7 15
Song Huiqiao recounts her past with a girl from her childhood, Lin Xiawei, that became the main focus of her life. Two girls, one that due to a certa...