Quirkless Mastermind

By MrS_S_AA

Master of all quirks, wielder of none. Humans are quirky. Yet, there was one boy, who was nothing, with no q... More

C-1:Pondering Enigma
C-2:Screws loose
C-3:Scattered thoughts
C-5:Silence encased anger
C-6:Mastermind's Symphony
C-7:Revelation
C-8:Hollers of Failure
C-9:Gluttony
C-10:Discrepencies of Daily Life
C-11:Ambitions and Consequences
C-12:Thoughts before Action
C13:Confrontation
C14:Haunting Hallows
C15: Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
S1-END--C16: Publicity
C17:A teacher
C18: Afterthought
C19: Sports Festival
C20: Explosive Victory
𝐂𝟐𝟏: 𝐒𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬

C-4:An empty head

3.1K 205 65
By MrS_S_AA

This raven-haired maiden in front of me was shining in elegance yet what I saw accidentally was something entirely different, as if a part of her was hidden under the diplomatic smile of her velvety face. She introduced herself with the name Momo, quite a cute name if I said so myself.

"It's quite early isn't it? Perhaps you are as overtly punctual as me?" She said with a slight tease as I stared walking towards the corner seat. I turned around trying to think of an optimal response but looking at her face, made me unknowingly self conscious, or perhaps it's just because she is probably the second person of the opposite sex of my same age that I came in contact with.

"I suppose the scenery of the school was beautiful enough for me to come early. May I know your reason?" I mimicked her tone of respect as I spoke a fairly dramatic reason. Her orbs stared into mine with curiosity and slight embarrassment as she nodded saying, 

"That's an interesting reason. Usually, students don't tend to come early to school. But I suppose this is the first day making you so eager but that is my reason at the very least."

I thought for a moment with closed eyes about her response. Is school supposed to be a place that's neglected or perhaps unwanted by normal kids? If so, should my response have been something more normal, something more average? Perhaps I should have come later? No, that wouldn't be the right call. Meeting the various teachers gave me some specific details I might need later to interact and blend in with the crowd. I finally opened my eyes and commented

"Reasons differ but the result is the same. We are in the same class as classmates and fortunately or unfortunately, I saw a side of you that no one did." I ended my thoughts as I turned around grabbing the seat next to the window and once again turned my head to her direction. Watching her turn her face away as redness had spread to her ears, was quite nice to experience. I suppose luck was by my side, showing me this wonderful incident.

"U-Uhm, yes I do agree. I would rather have it forgotten from your memory if possible."She requesting bowing to me as I spoke up, 

"Please stop bowing and yes, if that's what you want I will wipe it off my memory to appease you." I sighed as her eyes looked at me with a thankful gaze and sat down in her seat.

Silence spread as I silently gazed at the scenery next to me. I noticed something as a slight clanking of a chair broke my line of sight. It was her, walking up to me with her bag as she sat down next to me. I wondered about her reason but it was a free classroom and it's not as if I had owned that seat so she was free to choose wherever she wanted to sit.

"I think it would be better if acquaintances sat together. Isn't that right?" She implored as she looked at me with a strange gaze, one that I didn't recognise. I nodded commenting, 

"I suppose that's how it will be. I don't have much experience making acquaintances."

"That's surprising. We seem to be oddly similar, though not in the right ways."Her comment came with slight depreciation and humour intertwined in a subtle smile as if agreeing about being somewhat of a loner. This was surprising given her beauty and elegance but if I had to think of a reason, a possible conclusion would be her status or her personality which I was yet to unravel.

"If that's the case, it might be easier to interact."

"Is that so Ayanokouji-san? It will be a good asset to have as future heroes. If you don't mind me asking, what type of hero do you want to be?"

That was a good question. When I do get my hero license I will need something to push me forward as a reason to keep on moving. Considering my mission would be completed by then, I will be a free man. So I think my reason should be.....

"I think something along the lines of giving freedom to the masses."

"Oh, quite a noble thought. Trying to save not just one but thousands in such a feat, it's as if you want to be a politician and a hero at the same time. You must have an amazing quirk I presume? Or perhaps are you one who mixes their quirk with their basic skills to advance?"

Her curiosity is startling....

"None, I am quirkless and I want to free the world of a mindset and not a villain." I said as I let that seep in her head. The soft face crinkled in shock as she looked like she was staring at an unknown specimen in a lab. Her thoughts might be rampant with enough questions to last an era.

However whether she perceives me in a positive or negative light, will depend on her upbringing and her overall morals. It will be interesting to note her reaction, given that the quirkless are essentially worthless in society. Perhaps she might slap me? Or from a pervert's view, might kiss me for being so brave.

"O-Oh, wow that's an incredible goal then. Trying to change the mindset of the whole world will be something quite amazing. I wish you luck." She smiles yet behind it, I can clearly see her scepticism as our conversation drizzled on various topics from hobbies and such to future plans. Mostly me dodging them and her sharing small parts of her life with me. 

The rest of the students started flowing through the door as silence penetrated our conversations. I started seeing the social contrast between me and Momo. The way she confronted anyone with a smile and started making friends with a bat of an eye seemed as a shocking and quite impressive feat to someone with no friends, aka me. How did such people do it? If we were measured on a weighing plate, she would clearly outweigh me in this regard as I could barely catch on grasping at the ending strands of the cruel scale of school life.

Having so many noises from the desks moving to the screeching of chairs to the slaughter and the various tones used in simple things like 'How are you?' or 'What's your name?' felt so very new to me. So many people, so many personalities overflowing this world with their unique nature and potential made my mouth water with the enormous amount of growth I can see bloom in front of me. It's as if a farmer waiting impatiently for grains of life to grow.

I wonder if I should try making a friend. Was Momo a friend? No, she didn't actually say it did she? Acquaintances would be apt for what happened, right? It wasn't time to dwell on such fine details as I scanned through the various targets and removed many for the obvious reasons of being 'extroverted'  'beautiful'  'loud'   'temper'  'guarded' etc.

"Hey that's you! Holy shit you got in?!" It was that girl again, she looked surprised as she walked up hurriedly to me. She didn't seem to mind the eyes gawking at her given her sudden contact with me. 

"Hello Jiro, it's nice seeing you so soon. It seems you got in." I said with a small wave of my hand.

"Yah genius, consider that I am standing before you! Looks like asking that teacher did help huh!" She monologues to herself as Momo asks her, "Do you perhaps know Ayanokouji-san?"

"Oh, kinda...not really....the dude asked me for water to help out his friend I guess? Later on this dude saved a girl from our class with that guy tag teaming. It was really sick! Weren't you there?"Jiro seemed to notice an anomaly. I too suspected it but given her poshness, it wouldn't be a stretch to say there were some strings pulled or she had a different exam altogether.

"Uhm, I just had to go through the exams at a different time. May I know your name?I am Momo Yayourozu."She gave a smile as Jiro smiled slightly back saying," It's Jiro, Nice to meet you Momo, you have quite a nice ring to your name. I like it!"

"Oh, I am quite grateful you think that way. The name Jiro as well sounds quite a cheerful one like the one of a singer." Momo graced her with compliments yet I felt it was manufactured as I noticed her pupils dilate when it saw her quirk modifications probably based as something to do with music and using that as a compliment to become instantly closer to her. Such a schemer! I could never!

Jiro gave a wave of departure after some idle chatter as sat down in front of me. It seems this group won't be a quiet one at the very least. It seems Momo had some questions for me as her eyes were focused on me every since she heard about the entrance exam but didn't ask any further. 

Another one of the girls that I recognised, graced me with her presence. She smiled and bowed to me in front of everyone as she said, "I thank you so much for saving me the other day. You could have run and saved yourself but you didn't. I am utterly gracious for that." She got up from the bow and embarrassed she walked away as quickly as she came by. I suppose she realised that she went over the top with that as many eyes now attacked my poor average soul.

Such a sad school life I have.

"It seems you have made quite an impact even before the school has started. Quite the feat if I said so myself." Momo smirked slightly as I could see a glint between her bangs from her eyes. I sighed troubled by these interactions. If luck was just that harmful I suppose the last and final entry should happen any moment now. 

Speaking of the devil, the angel-faced green-haired boy showed up shivering in slight discomfort and got hounded by the bob-cut girl and the strict boy from earlier. I really needed to get the names soon, it felt rude to address them like this. 

From the cracks between the bodies of these two, he seemed to be greeted by a loud and angry voice," How the fuck did a dumbfuck like you get in Deku? Did you fucking cheat or maybe beg to these useless freaks to let you in? Or did aunty pay for it?"

"K-Kacchaan?? UHH.....uhm...."

"Speak up you whimpering freak."

"....I got in...from the entrance exam...."

"How the fuck can you even get in? Don't lie to me you shitty Deku!" 

"I-I didn't.....I am....being....h-.....IT'S YOU!" So called, Deku's face turned to mine in recognition as he walked up towards me ignoring  the angry glare the blond hair boy gave him as he got ignored. 

"C-can I sit here? Uh...." He nervously asked as he pointed to the seat just in front of Momo. She nodded without any problems whatsoever but it seems his motive was to get in contact with me. He turned around and graciously said, "T-Thank you....for what you said....back then."

"Don't thank me. I was very rude to you and we weren't even acquainted."

"Giving me the waterbottle wasn't rude nor was telling me what I needed to hear and finally saving me....nothing was rude..... I just wanted to giveyoumythanks." It seems he panicked at the end as his words jumbled up but I understood well enough.

"I just helped my going-to-be classmate." It seemed my trick of subduing him worked as a few smiles had spread around me. Did I say something that nice? I wonder if my words were considered in another way. 

"O-oh....thanks...."Deku seemed to be smiling ear to ear as his face dissolved in an innocent laughter but it was quickly broken by that blonde boy's scream.

"Hey freak! Fucking face me and stop ignoring me you goddamm waste of space!"

"S-sorry Kacchan."

A caterpillar rolled in the classroom as I felt a sense of unwanted troubles being swept my way. 

I didn't dislike it though.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

My last update in a while, have a good day ahead. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 170 24
Izuku Midoriya thought for his whole life that no one could love him, he was just a useless nothing born without a quirk. After getting his quirk and...
23.5K 689 26
Izuku was a small kid with the ability to take others quirks and use them for himself or give them to others. But a tragedy strikes and destroys his...
204K 5.6K 23
What if Deku had a quirk. Not born with one but given one by All for One and was later groomed by the man that Deku saw as his savior. In this story...
7.5K 157 43
In a world where 80% of the population has a superpower, called "quirks",Kuromaru is a 15 year old boy living with his adoptive father, Toshinori Yag...