california girls

By T0PT1ERRR

from the city of angels, to the great people's nation is quite the adventure for a crazed, advancing teenager... More

last fight
session
start of a era
blast from the past
reunion
down to business
animal cruelty
monthly money collection
holidays
holidays 2
pool

something new

198 12 1
By T0PT1ERRR

y/n woke up the next morning sprawled all over the living room couch, her head pounding as she sat up properly on the couch. her pre-set alarm on her phone woke her up thankfully, so she wouldn't be late for school.

"uuughhhh, my head..." she massaged her temples a bit, before getting up to grab a bottle of water and head up to her room. she thought about the night, having no clue how she got home. she only remembered leaving the karaoke place, but not getting home oddly enough. she pushed her thoughts aside, going to get ready for school like usual.

today she just wore the uniform shirt with a pair of grey sweats and a more natural makeup look, just some mascara, a little concealer on her eyes, and some lip product. she took her bag and headed out once again, but not without at least half of the snacks dg had bought her yesterday. she walked to her bus alone, putting her airpods in as music blasted again and she felt a little less tired.

"hey y/n!" a voice interrupted her music. she took out her air pods, turning around to look at who greeted her. it was kang jiheon, a boy in the computer department who hung out with her as well yesterday who was friends with vin jin. he was a little cute, with slightly shaggy hair and a baby face.

"oh.. jiheon, hi." she waved a him a little, with a smile on her tired face. jiheon caught up to her, going to walk next to her towards the bus stop as well. "you ride the bus too?" y/n asked, she never noticed him before for the past two days.

"yeah! yesterday was really fun, i'm excited for next time we hang out." he told her, grinning a bit at the girl.

"when's the next time?"

"ah.. just next time. i'm not sure when the whole groups gonna go out again." jiheon answered nervously, scratching the back of his neck shyly.

"oh, well. just let me know! you guys all got my socials yesterday." she said with a small, short smile.

"the bus is here, y/n." jiheon said, pointing out the approaching bus. she glanced at the white vehicle that stopped in front of them and several more people. y/n and jiheon sat down next to each other on the bus, chatting about mostly y/n's old school and life until they got to the school. once they got to school, y/n had separated from the boy to go to the bathroom. y/n entered the familiar restroom to do her daily sesh peacefully since no one was luckily in the restroom.

lunch

the bell chimed sweetly, signaling it was lunch time. everyone in the class got up, instantly chatting with each other about how boring class was or whatever. y/n woke up from her nap thanks to jay, and packed up her stuff. she was going to hang out with mary today for lunch. she grabbed her bag, throwing it over her shoulders before going to the lunch room.

music blasted in her eyes again as she glazed over the bustling cafeteria to look for mary. she spotted the familiar blonde with vin jin, walking over to the two with a candy bar in hand from the vending machine.

mary spotted the girl, waving to her. "hey y/n!" the (h/c) haired girl waved back, smiling at mary.

"hey mary, what's up." she took another large bite of her candy, chewing loudly on it.

"nothin! just talking about random stuff." mary grinned at y/n, shooting her a positive thumbs-up.

"what's for lunch today?" y/n looked over at the now long lunch line and scowled.

"pork cutlets, everyone's always in line for them." y/n groaned at mary's answer, continuing to eat her candy with a frown. her eyes darted around them, looking at the table right in front of them. she stared at the kid with the tray full of pork cutlets. he noticed her stare eventually, shocked when she suddenly moved and grabbed the tray of food without saying anything. he opened his mouth to attempt to get it back but y/n shook her head as if she said no. the dejected boy went back in line with his head down, wanting his cutlets back.

"oh- where'd you get that?" mary asked, shocked by how quickly the female got food. y/n gave her a tight-lipped smile as she chewed on the meat delightfully. being high and hungry isn't the best combo for y/n, so she ate whenever she could.

while eating her pork cutlets and sitting with the vocal and dance department, she remembered two days ago. she whipped out her phone, scrolling through her contacts before clicking on goo's.

y/n
goo i have a question

goo
what is it

y/n
who are the other potential successors?

goo
there's really only you, johan seong, and olly wang left. jake kim was arrested a while ago and workers are their own people

y/n
seriously? thanks for the info though

"me, olly wang whoever that is, and johan are left. whos jake kim though.." y/n thought curiously. maybe a bit of digging on the internet. she went to her search bar and searched up the name jake kim. he was bound to be talked about if he was arrested. '18 year-old gangster from gangseo, known as the leader of the notorious gang big deal was arrested for hosting illegal gambling sites that were targeted towards teens and adults.' was the first article that popped up. it didn't reveal his name, but the comments on the article contained his real name and that was all y/n needed for confirmation.

"what are you looking at y/n?" mary asked, glancing at the article on the girls phone. y/n looked at her blonde friend, pocketing her phone with a grin.

"nah, nothing. these pork cutlets are good as hell, yeah?"

after school

the school bell rang and y/n rushed out before anyone could catch up to her or talk to her. she had a very sudden plan like she always did, since she hated not doing anything and being bored. her curiosity also took the best of her, leading the way to a new discovery. she hurried home quicker than usual, going in then out quickly with her skateboard. she used her gps on her phone as usual, putting in her desired location.

after almost an hour of skating through the streets of seoul, she reached her destination, which was the juvenile detention hall. she finished the bag of chips from her bag she was eating, throwing it away before walking in.

"hi, i'm here to visit my cousin, jake kim." y/n greeted at the front. she grinned widely, hoping to convince them.

"have you ever visited before?" they asked, typing on the computer in front of them. they weren't too convinced since y/n looked foreign, but who cares.

"no, i'm his distant family from up north and i haven't seen him in a long time." she lied, though it convinced the person in the front.

"go in, they'll take your board and your bag when you enter." they said. y/n grinned bigger, nodding excitedly before going through the doors.

"jake kim, you have a visitor." a guard entered the shared cell and looked for jake, who was sitting in the corner.

"really? who?" jake raised his brow since he didn't get any visitors other than jerry but he had already came yesterday. the guard didn't give a answer, but jake followed behind.

"you guys got 10 minutes." the guard left jake in the monitored visiting room with only one other person, y/n. jake stared at the girl confusingly, he had never seen her before. she looked foreign as well, so why was she here for him?

"hi jake," she waved coyly at him. "come sit with me." she beckoned him over to the seat in front of her at the table, that was pulled out for him. he took the seat slowly, looking over at the girl the whole time.

"who are you?" he asked, squinting his eyes at her. she laughed a bit, waving her hand at him.

"sorry, y/n l/n. heard a lot about ya." she held her hand out for him to shake, which he took. her hands were rough like his, jake's were dry and desperate for lotion and they both had bruised knuckles.

"why are you here y/n?" he asked, retracting his hand from the girl and ready to get to business.

"you were one of gun's successors, yeah? but he dropped ya after the whole gambling site shit went down, right?" she said, to which he gritted his teeth and begrudgingly nodded to her statement.

"just wanted to visit ya, see who ya are. i'm one of gun's potential successors." jake choked at her statement, not believing her. she didn't look like she'd be a successor at all. she laughed at his reaction, to which he coughed so she would stop.

"don't believe me? arm wrestle me!" she rolled up her hoodie's sleeves, showing off her partly muscular, tattooed arms to jake. she placed her elbow on the table with a grin, to which jake followed. their hands linked as y/n counted down from 3, staring at each other intensely. both of the teens power matched each other, their veins becoming more prominent on their arms as they arm wrestled. their hands remained in the middle, shaking as they tilted side to side. y/n's hand began to falter, before suddenly jerking back up quickly and catching jake off guard. his hand loudly slammed onto the metal table, denting it.

"i'll believe you now. why are you here though? why didn't you visit johan or olly," he questioned, wincing quietly as he crossed his arms and resting his right leg on his left as he leaned into the chair.

"i've met johan before, no clue who olly or workers is. it was nice meeting ya though, jake kim." she gave him one of her signature smiles that showed off her nicely aligned teeth. jake was interested in her, she had a few surprises to her.

"would you visit again?" jake asked the girl, staring at her intently.

"maybe. would ya want me to?" she smiled at him cheekily. he wasn't bad looking to her, he was definitely something.

"sure. you seem very interesting." jake complimented the girl, who gave him a airy chuckle in return.

"you too jake. well, it's been fun. maybe i'll see ya next time, or maybe when ya get released, who knows." y/n's chair screeched as she scooted out to get up. the door behind jake opened, revealing the same guard. the guard told jake it was time to leave, so the two said their goodbyes to each other as they both went their separate ways.

california girls tidbits

- y/n really liked those school pork cutlets.

- her legs were starting to beg for a break once she arrived at the juvenile detention center.

- she got a cab back home instead of skating back.

- forgot to post this chapter before animal cruelty...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 5.9K 56
M/n, a victim of bullying who took his own life, got a chance to be reborn as Vasilyev Konstantin, a Russian political figure in the world of lookism...
79K 3.8K 82
started: June 22 Irene Park, a stunningly beautiful girl, transfers to J high with her twin brother, Daniel. As they move, Daniel turns out to...
20.8K 1.1K 43
[ various! lookism × fem! reader ] The bitter cold raged on, warm blood unraveled upon snow. The grievances in her heart remained. As usual. Yet sor...
23.6K 1.4K 37
A Lookism x Reader story. "I wonder if I made the right choice, coming here, to live the dream I always wanted. But it seems I can't leave a certain...