start of a era

"i had to choose between fashion and beauty, cuz y'know, i chose fashion though." y/n was on the phone with her friends back in america, katie, elissa, and candi. the same ones that dropped her off at the airport that day. it was about 6 am for y/n, and 1 pm for the three girls. the girls were on their lunch break at school, when y/n had called them to tell them she was starting school today. for the past three weeks, she had been only hanging out with taehoon since he was her basically only friend in this country right now.

y/n slipped on the school uniform, the skirt barely being able to hide some of the scars on her legs that were inflicted by others. none of her scars or old wounds that you could see were self-inflicted, but rather made by some people that she had fought back in the past. she put on her large black hoodie on top, hiding her uniform shirt so you could only see her remaining uniform skirt. she didn't bother hiding her ear piercings or nose piercings, they couldn't make her take those off either. and as usual, she still had on her acrylic nails from california. she had no idea where she could get a new set, she didn't know how things worked in korea. it was probably uncommon to have extra long nails, or wear dramatic fake eyelashes but she had no clue.

"boring ass fit, but whatever," y/n showed her friends her uniform to which they laughed at.

"bitch, you look silly. but it's okay, you're still fine as fuckkk," katie teased, the other three laughing at her.

"okay, i gotta go now. uncle steven's calling for me. call ya bitches later!" she hung up the facetime call, keeping her airpods that were hidden in her hair to listen to music. you couldn't tell she was wearing them unless you were up close and could hear the music. she slipped a slim, concealed item into the tight waistband of her skirt and grabbed her bag to walk downstairs.

"here are ya snacks, and ya water, and some money if ya wanna buy anything. don't be spending it all though, that's supposed to last ya the whole week. weekly school allowance." uncle steven shot her a grin as she stuffed the things into her mostly empty backpack, with the exception of some pencils, pens, snd notebooks.

"thanks uncle. i gotta go to the one bus stop right?"

"yup. better hurry before yer late kid." he playfully shoved the girl outside the house, slamming the door behind her as she groaned. she walked quickly to the bus stop, already seeing the bus approaching her and the other students around her. they wore the same uniform as her, but they gave her more weird looks. the bus stopped, opening the door and y/n just happened to walk on last. everyone was already seated, laughing and talking with each other. everyone stopped when they saw her, examining her foreign and new presence.

"who's that?"

"maybe she's new..."

"she's probably foreign, look at all those piercings. i'd be dead by my parents if i had those...."

"she's super pretty though!"

whispers about her proceeded as she walked to the back of the bus, finding a spot to sit in next to some kid that looked super wimpy. she paid no mind to anyone, not knowing they were staring or gossiping about her. her music was blasting too loud for her to pay attention. her presence was very intimidating to the poor kid next to her, who kept nervously glancing at her as the bus made its way to the school. eventually, the students stopped staring and gossiping and talked about their own things until they got to the bus stop next to the school building. they all packed up their stuff and left, with y/n again the last to leave the bus since she kinda zoned out and closed her eyes for a bit. noticing everyone was gone, she hurried off the bus and walked to the very large school, bigger than the one she used to go to back home.

"yo, who's that?"

"she looks so intimidating."

"so pretty!"