The Island Experiment

By Sumomo4life

What happens when a group of troubled teens who thought they were going to an island Paradise, find themselve... More

Chapter 1 The Arrival
Chapter 2 Leading Leaders
Chapter 3 FORCED EQUALITY
Chapter 4 NEW ARRIVALS
Chapter 5 THE BEST AND THE REST
Chapter 6 The Lost Boy
Chapter 7 Left Behind
Chapter 8 Proving Yourself
Chapter 10 Female Frustration
Chapter 11 The Plot Thickens
Ch. 12 The Hunt
Chapter 13 Freak Out
Chapter 14 Quarantine
Chapter 15 Another One Bites The Dust
Chapter 16 The Other Side
Chapter 17 Scent Trail
Chapter 18 The Pregnancy
Chapter 19 Waiting
Chapter 20 The Bet
Chapter 21 Pirates
Chapter 22 Two Worlds Apart
Chapter 23 Dreams And Nightmares
Chapter 24 Dear Diary
Ch. 25 Creating Chaos
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 Lost And Found
Chapter 28 Aunts And Uncles
Chapter 29 Home Is Where The Heart Is
Chapter 30 Family Forever
Chapter 31

Chapter 9 Stormy Weather

2 0 0
By Sumomo4life

Captain Lopez dipped toast into his runny eggs, "a huge storm is brewing."
     Carrie took a sip of steaming coffee,"I hope it's not a hurricane."
     The Captain pondered a long moment,"no but just to be safe, we need to go further out to sea."
     Carrie stared at the bacon, on her plate feeling guilty,"what if the groups garden and chickens, are destroyed by the storm?"
     The Captain picked up a cup of coffee,"your brother has weathered worse storms my dear. Megel is resilient, have no fear for his safety."
     Carrie kept control of her emotions,"he is just a kid, a fact you often forget."
     The Captain looked at his notes,"this test isn't due for a few weeks, no matter. The storm presents an opportunity, no time to alert your brother of the change. Megel will adapt,in the appropriate manner."
     Carrie slammed her fist upon the table,"how long do you plan, on keeping your test subjects on the island?"
     The Captain stood up, looking down at his daughter,"until they complete the testing, or until they miserably fail being evacuated. Your group was the first to fail Carrie, and every group since then. If these test subjects actually go all the way,to the end of the study. The series can finally air,I will recoup my money, making a fortune for my effort."
             Carrie stood on the deck of the large ship,sun shining on her face. The waves crashed against the ship, going further out to sea. They would make port by sundown, weathering the storm in the comfort of civilization.

            .         Chance was handed a map by the boy.Did he dare trust Matty?
     Cat worried,"I followed you, on this wild goose chase Chance. As you recall, the last map didn't end well, for Jake or beach group campers."
     Chance blocked out his girlfriend's noisy complaining,"we will be more careful this time Cat. From the landmarks on this map,we are getting close to the X."
      Cat's anxiety was through the roof, "the last time you spoke those words Lenerd Sanders,we were drugged and abducted, by that creepy captain."
      Chance grabbed his girlfriend's, shaking hand leading her, "it should be,on the other side of those trees."
     The cave entrance was large, vegetation covered the outside, making it appear as a hill. The teens entered the cave together. Chance removed a flashlight from his backpack, he saw a torch. Chance removed matches from the backpack lighting the torch. What they saw was remarkable, the cave was full of supplies. There was a spring with fresh water, wood was piled high against a wall.
     Chance pointed at the cave ceiling and walls,"the rock formation doesn't look like it should, this cave was man made Cat. I bet when Matty left camp,he waited here, while we searched for him."
     Cat frowned,"why should he spill the beans now? We would never have found this cave. It only took about twenty minutes to walk here. If someone built this cave,why build it so close to the garden and the sheds? "
     Chance raised his voice, "I know why Cat,it's a storm shelter! There is only one reason,Matty gave us the map.There is going to be one heck of a storm,and somehow he knows about it."
       Cat pointed at the sunny sky, upon leaving the cave,"I'm not a genius, but I do know sunshine when I see it."
     Chance walked quickly back to camp,speaking behind him,"Carrie or maybe the Captain himself, got a message to the boy. It could be hours or days,but the biggest storm we ever saw is coming. Trust me Cat, we are in danger."

            Kevin and Ronny thought Chance was crazy,he didn't say why he knew a storm was coming. He didn't say how he found a cave,or how he knew it was a storm shelter. The one thing Chance made clear, was pack everything needed to survive, and take it to the cave.
     Jake was the leader of the group,"do what Chance says.What harm can it do?If he is wrong,we can take our time putting everything back. If he is right, everything we worked so hard for, won't be destroyed. "
     No one questioned their leader's command. Amy,Julie and Page ran to the garden,digging up and picking everything that was ripe. Ronny,Kevin and Jake,picked all the ripe fruit. Matty,Chance and Cat,packed all the supplies, including personal items. Every bucket,pot and blanket held food. All was carried to the cave. Suitcases, backpacks,the tent and two tarps were carried on the second trip. The third trip consisted of fishing gear and all the chickens they could catch.
     Matty spoke near a microphone, "we moved to the cave shelter."

     The next morning Jake,Kevin and Ronny, collected bamboo. The tools were unpacked, and they began to build a fenced area,inside of the cave for the chickens. All of the girls collected palm prawns, for the floor.Chance and Matty made a fire,cooking the collected eggs.
      They ate breakfast together, then began unpacking. Cat got water from the spring, putting it into the pot to soak.Cat carried the pot outside, the sky was dark, the wind blew her hair.
     Cat carried the pot back inside the cave," the storm has begun. I'm so glad we aren't at shed camp. This cave has saved us all. We would have starved,if we stayed there. Our garden,chickens and fishing gear would all have been destroyed.The garden shed and tool shed,might not be standing when the storm is over. "
     All of the campers heard Cat,all were thinking the same thing. How did Chance know? An answer they would never have.
                     Jake petted the two roosters,"little Chance and little Cat,I'm so glad you made it to the cave. "
     Cat giggled, "Jake you named your pets, after me and Chance. I am flattered you missed me so much."
     Jake smiled, " you won't be so happy, when they wake you up at sunrise, and crap all over your stuff. "
     Chance sat next to his friend,"you really must have been lonely, when we didn't come back Jake. If we knew what was going to happen, we would have waited for you. I am so sorry."
      Jake patted his friend's leg," what matters is you came back Chance. We live another day,because you did."
     Cat complained, " hey what about me?I'm worth as much,
as the chicken you named after me.I came back as well, I helped discover this cave."
     The rest of shed group, sat in a circle on the floor near by.
     Amy yawned,"Chance was missed,you Cat,not so much. "
                Julie shivered, "it got cold after the wind and rain started."
     Page gave her friend a blanket,"there is a lot of wood,but who knows how long, we will be stuck inside."
     Ronny held his arms open wide,"plenty of body heat here girls."
      Page held her hand up," speak to the hand Ronny."
     Amy cuddled against her boyfriend,"l hated it here,but I will use any excuse,to have your arm around me Kevin."
     Matty shivered beneath a blanket,"I'll cuddle with you Ronny. "
     Jake picked the boy up, holding him like a baby,"I got you Matty."
     The warmth was near instant, Jake was the boys hero.If anyone could pass the tests it was Jake.
     The cave floor was cold, but not as cold as it was outside that night. The fire was made just inside of the cave entrance. Wind blew the smoke, no one could sleep near the fire for warmth. The two tarps were laid upon the cave floor, the group laid upon the tarps. No one was shy, laying against each other.
              Twelve roosters crowed simultaneously, the group was awake at sunrise.Julie woke up, laying on Ronny's arm. It would have been a precious moment, but Ronny's mouth was open and he was drooling.Julie had a crush on Ronny, so did Page. Neither could act on their feelings, whoever Ronny chose, the other would be left alone.
     The cave was a mess,looking worse than their bedrooms back home.
     Cat began picking up supplies and personal items of the group,Amy was doing the same thing. It wasn't long before Page and Julie joined the task.
     Jake, Kevin and Ronny, fed and watered the hens and roosters,then they collected the eggs. Next they added wood to the fire, and began making breakfast.
     Chance watched the group amazed, no one told them what to do. They reacted to a new situation, it was something to see. Perhaps that was what the Captain was watching,reactions to new situations. A crackpot professor, putting his theory to the test.

            It was three days before the rain completely stopped,the group of teens went back to shed camp to assess the damage.
     Amy jumped up and down for joy,"the sheds are both still here!"
     Julie came running toward her friends,"the chicken coop is still there! "
     Cat pointed on top of the she shed,"is that a bra?"
     Page looked up, " that is my pink bra."
     Ronny smiled, "I'll retrieve your bra for a kiss."
     Page retorted, "how about, a hard slap in the face instead Ronny?"
     Ronny sighed,"get it yourself, you heartless shrew."
     Page was shocked, she had went to far," I'm sorry Ronny."
Ronny didn't hear her,he walked away.
            The orchard was hit hard,fruit blew everywhere. It was like an Easter egg hunt. A lot of smashed fruit, was fed to the chickens. Only ten hens and two roosters, were brought back, to the chicken coop. The rest were released at the cave, to fend for themselves. A lot of the supplies, were left at the cave shelter.when the next storm came, anything left there, would be safe.

                          It was fun day Sunday, the group got an early start,going back to the beach. They brought tools to rebuild the bamboo shelter if necessary.
     It was not the wind blown shelter, that shocked the group upon arriving. It was the wrecked sail boat, they saw on the beach. Pieces of sail, wood and all manner of things found on a boat.
     That's when they all saw her,walking from the beach shelter. The most stunningly beautiful woman, they had ever saw. Her long,red hair, clung to her chest Wet with sweat. Her green eyes,were mesmerizing. Her ripped dress revealed her perfect slender stomach. At five feet six inches, her one- hundred and twenty-five pounds was well toned.
     Rochelle Meadows ran to the teens," thank God,I thought I was all alone. My father and I, got as close as we could to the island. I swam ashore, but he stayed on the boat. Dad thought he could ride out the storm."
     Rochelle fell to her knees crying,"you can see all that's left of our boat. I looked but couldn't find my father's body."
     Jake held the woman in his arms caressing her hair,"I'm so sorry for your loss Rochelle. You're not alone anymore.We can't get off of this island, but you're welcome to live with us."
     Rochelle had a shocked look on her face,"you all look so young.where are your parents?"
     Amy said," welcome to island camp lady. Where you're dumped off on this island,to fend for yourself or die."
     Rochelle walked to the teen girl hugging her," you poor thing, you could use a grown up like me."
     Amy arched her eyebrow, "how old are you Rochelle? "
     Rochelle beamed, "twenty two years old."
     Ronny butted in," at least your not a teenager like us all "
              Fun day Sunday was ruined before it began,the group felt it was in poor taste to go swimming. The walk back to shed camp was awkward. What do you say,to someone you just met,under tragic conditions?
     It didn't take Rochelle long,to be alone with the boy,"hello brother dear.Miss me?"
     Matty made a fist," what are you doing here Rochelle? You're not due to arrive, for a few weeks."
     Rochelle had a devious smile," step daddy flipped the script, the storm couldn't have worked out better. You're not the only actor in the family Megel, or should I say liar Matty."
            Page shared her jealousy,"Julie we have crushed on Ronny since the first day we met him. We have an understanding, neither of us can be with him."
     Julie felt her friends pain," exactly Page, if one of us is with Ronny, the other is alone. Who knows how long,we will be stuck here!"
     Page was fuming with anger," did you see the way Ronny looked at her?Rochelle is a woman, beautiful and experienced. We don't stand a chance,both of us will be alone."
          Amy laid next to her friends," let me guess what you two were discussing?Our new bed mate perhaps. Weird how she showed up.Do you think the camp sent her?"
     Cat entered the she shed,and the conversation,"is it to late,to join in on the gossip?"
     Page whispered," shh the new girl will hear you."
      Cat laughed,"what girl,Rochelle is a woman. All of the guys drooled when they met her. The fact remains to be seen,she sees them as boys. Your teen boy,hasn't a chance with her."
      Amy giggled," Cat is right,so cheer up girls."
          Rochelle came into the she shed," it is so cute and cozy in here."
     Cat raised her blanket," sleep next to me Rochelle. Tomorrow is going to be so much fun,we will teach you how to do chores. With two more hands, we will get done faster. You will have to cut those manicured nails, they break so easily. Nothing is worse, than cutting yourself on a broken nail.we don't wear makeup anymore, the tropical heat makes it run.Jess left her clothes, they're too big for us. You can have them Rochelle."
      The teen girls fell asleep with, smiles upon their lips. Cat made them feel better about themselves.

            Cat was back on track as the leader,"it isn't complicated Rochelle. You remove the palm prawns,covered with bird crap. You gather fresh palm prawns, you lay them onto the chicken coop floor. Do your hands get gross and dirty?Yes,.can you use soap to wash your hands?No,our supplies are limited, we must be careful how we use them."
     Rochelle held up an egg,"shouldn't I have washed my hands, before collecting the eggs!"
     Cat pointed at a spot on the egg,"it makes no sense washing your hands twice. Eggs come out of a chickens butt,that's why there is, chicken crap on the eggs. Once you've collected all of the eggs, take the bucket to the well. Fill an empty bucket with water, dump that bucket onto the eggs.Use your hands rubbing the chicken crap off of each egg. One by one, put the clean eggs into a basket. Rinse your hands with water, when you're done. Carry the eggs to whomever is cooking breakfast."
     Cat blinked,"darn I forgot to tell you,to feed and water the chickens Rochelle. Do you need me to repeat the instructions? "
     Rochelle said breathing through her mouth," no I don't need you to repeat it."
          Amy sat relaxing,"you are indeed the leader Cat, not only didn't me and my girls, have to deal with the chickens.I haven't seen Rochelle all morning."
     Cat sat next to her friend," we all needed a break from chores,and from Rochelle. "
     Amy crossed her legs getting comfortable," I like you Cat.I don't mind you being bossy,you have a nac for it.Rather I admit it or not,all of  those chores,you forced us to do,kept us alive."
          Julie, Page and Lizy, joined the other teen girls near the fire.
     Lizy yawned," we need to hurry breakfast along,where are the eggs? Ronny will be here any minute."
     Julie was confused," why do you care,that Ronny will be here soon Lizy?"
     Lizy responded," since neither of my single friends, were interested in Ronny, I gave it a shot. Since coming back to shed camp, Ronny and I, have sneaked out of camp every night.we are now a couple,kissing in private. "
     Julie and Page looked at each other in shock,they had no idea Lizy was interested in Ronny. At least neither Julie or Page had a boyfriend, they wouldn't be alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151 77 50
22 high school seniors go on a cruise ship as a part of their senior trip to celebrate graduating. However, this trip goes horribly wrong when the sh...
1.1K 173 47
A teen is living a normal life as an underdog until a hurricane comes and washes away his home. He develops the ability to heal and fight. Finding a...
249 0 14
When a group of American boys who are all strangers to eachother end up stranded on a deserted tropical island with no recollection of how they got t...
Hope By harley

Teen Fiction

1.5K 71 20
If two people are meant to be, they will eventually find their way back some way, somehow. Life have its ways.