Hero of Hyrule

By Binge_Gamer

A betrayed Champion returns home. More

Air of Betrayal
Midoriya Family Symphony
Blood Moonlight Sonata
Lovers' Cadence
Ode to Family & Forgiveness
Predecessor Duodecet
Debut Performance
Vigilante Nocturne
FĂźr Sheik
Dekusquad Concerto
Waltz of the Wolf
Flight of the Windbomber
Class A Interlude
Rondo for the Vengeful
Encore of Doom & Demise
Hero's Rhapsody
Requiem to a Reunion

Duet Of Wisdom & Courage

4.6K 85 94
By Binge_Gamer

a/n - the ending of this chapter has been changed. 

***

Though the sun was rising in the sky, Izuku and Zelda both wanted to sleep. On warping home, the duo slipped into proper nightwear, they hopped into bed together (To sleep. Just to sleep. Get your mind out of the gutter.)

He was tired, but he couldn't sleep. Zelda was already snoring softly, but his mind was racing.

It'd been a long day. He barely even had time to properly process his new aide, the spirit of the sword, Fi. The spirit had given him important information from time to time, recently the location of where the blood moon had taken effect. Now that Fi wasn't constantly expending so much energy keeping Demise's consciousness contained, she could now manifest a physical form and speak to Izuku much more clearly.

"Fi?" Izuku suddenly said, sitting up in bed.

"You called, Master Izuku?" the spirit asked, manifesting by the bedside, ready to help her charge in any way she could.

"I wanted to apologize."

Fi wasn't used to being speechless.

"I do not believe you have anything to apologize for, Master," she replied, recovering quickly.

"No, I do," he said, shaking his head. His voice was laced with guilt. There was a high chance he was telling the truth, Fi decided.

"What do you wish to apologize for?"

Izuku opened his mouth, but embarrassment stopped him from actually saying anything, and Fi floated closer.

"Master, I will likely accept your apology," she stated sincerely. "But if you need to get this off your chest, I am listening."

Fi's unwavering loyalty didn't actually help. Izuku was so touched that he floundered further, unable to find his voice. Soft giggles suddenly emanated from the form on the bed beside him.

"You're awake?!" Izuku exclaimed, regaining his voice.

"I have been for some time now," Zelda admitted, rolling over to face her partner and the spirit.

"Mistress Zelda, do you know what the Master wishes to apologize for?" Fi asked.

"Zelda—"

"I can't say for sure," she started, and the tension in Izuku's shoulders loosened some. "But... if I had to guess, I would say that it has something to do with him attempting to shave with the sword."

Caught, Izuku nodded morosely, before dropping his head in shame, much to Zelda's amusement.

"I see," Fi said. Izuku looked back up, and he could swear that the spirit was smiling. "I appreciate the apology, Master," she said with a small curtsy, before returning to the blade propped up by the nightstand.

"We're shaving that tomorrow, by the way," Zelda said as she settled back into bed, her chuckles subsiding.

Izuku groaned and fell back into bed next to her. "G'night, Fi," he murmured.

"Good night, Master," her voice replied.

'What, we don't get a good night?'

'Everyone except Revali, good night,' Izuku thought to the vestiges, and they all replied happily.

'Hmmph.'

***

The two started their day properly in the late morning, and just as Zelda promised, the first thing they dealt with was Izuku's scruff. With his newfound appreciation for sleep, Izuku wanted to stay in bed, but his partner dragged him to the bathroom, and before he knew it, half his face was under a layer of shaving cream. Zelda then brandished a razor.

"Mmmm!" Izuku mumbled in protest, not opening his mouth, for fear of getting a taste of shaving cream.

"Stay still!" Zelda scolded, not putting the razor down. "I'll be careful; I just want you to be presentable."

"Mmmm," Izuku hummed warily, eyeing the razor, making sure to keep his chin clear.

"Okay, okay," Zelda finally acquiesced, setting down the weapon of mass destruction. "Better now?"

Izuku stopped squirming and nodded.

"I promise. I'll be careful," Zelda said, before twirling a strand of her own hair on a finger. "Plus, I'll let you braid my hair."

Izuku narrowed his eyes at the offer, mulling it over, before he nodded one more time. Zelda smiled softly and went to work. Izuku was pleasantly surprised at just how gentle and steady her touch was.

"See, that wasn't so bad!" Zelda said, wiping off the rest of the shaving cream. "And if you look close enough, it's still there!"

She stepped out of the way to let Izuku admire himself, and Izuku leaned closer to the mirror. The face that stared back looked much younger than he felt.

"Hm."

"'Hm?'" Zelda repeated with a knowing smile.

"He just doesn't want to admit he likes being clean-shaven better."

"Nana!" Izuku exclaimed, his face reddening.

With a laugh, the vestige disappeared as suddenly as she manifested. Izuku sighed.

"It's fine," Zelda said with a small smile. "I basically forced you to shave."

"No, I just... remembered," Izuku said, putting his hand to his chin. "The last time I shaved properly, I was still at U.A..."

"Happier times?" Zelda asked.

"Happy times, maybe," Izuku admitted, before taking Zelda's hand. "Not happier."

***

"Is... Is that All for One?" All Might asked, looking at the body laying face down in a pool of blood.

"It's too early for this." Aizawa muttered.

"Mmmm." Nezu hummed in agreement, studying the villain's body.

"Sir?" All Might asked, turning to the principal.

"I've reviewed the footage," he said. "It doesn't show what happened."

"Someone hacked into the security system?"

"No. All cameras went dark for a period of a little over an hour," Nezu responded. "If someone accessed the system, it would have been logged, and the event of the cameras being toggled on and off would've been logged as well. The cameras weren't disabled, they just couldn't see anything."

"So, what you're telling us is, a villain that has been in hiding for... a year now, just showed up dead on our doorstep, and we have no idea why or how."

"Yes," Nezu nodded. "I'm hoping that our upcoming guest will be able to shed light on this."

"That vigilante, Sheik?" All Might asked. "We're actually entertaining him?"

"If you want to go catch him, be my guest," Nezu replied. "I'd rather have him come to us."

Undeniably, the chimera had a point. All Might crossed his arms and looked back at the body. All for One was dead, for real this time. They even had a body now.

Eraser Head groaned.

"It's too early for this."

***

Zelda had always been a fairly studious woman, so, not long after getting her a phone and explaining the basics, Izuku let her loose into the vast expanse of the modern internet.

Predictably, she was fascinated, and her curious spirit went wild. And she was absorbing information frighteningly quickly.

They spent this morning with Zelda sitting on the couch, browsing the internet, and Wolf Izuku laying at her feet, content to relax and listen to her voice, the little gasps she let out when she stumbled on something that caught her interest did something for him.

Suddenly she spoke up, temporarily breaking the peaceful silence.

"If you're going to make more appearances as a wolf, we should figure out what to call you."

Izuku raised his head to look up at her, cocking his head to the side, the best way he had to show confusion in his canine form.

"Well, obviously we can't still call you Izuku," Zelda said, matter-of-factly. "Not in public, anyway."

Izuku cocked his head to the other side, waiting for her to go on.

"Since you're taking a form originally of the Hero of Twilight, how about 'Twilight?'"

Izuku let out a low growl, shaking his head.

"Okay, so not Twilight," Zelda acquiesced. "How about Daybreak?"

He growled again.

'I like Daybreak,' Urbosa's voice chimed in.

"Oh, your shield," Zelda realized. "I just wanted something related to Twilight, it seems fitting. How about Dusk?" she offered.

Izuku considered it for a while, then nodded.

"Dusk it is, then." Zelda agreed. "Now, get up here, I might as well enjoy how comfortable your fur is."

The wolf stared at her.

"Please?" she whined. "You can't just keep it to yourself."

'Dusk' laughed as well as he could, but hopped onto the couch where Zelda could nuzzle into his comfortable coat of fur. The silence resumed with Izuku on the couch, his head in Zelda's lap. One of her hands was on her phone, the other was absent mindedly scratching Izuku behind the ear.

***

"U.A. temporarily closed for the week," Zelda read a headline out loud as Izuku was preparing lunch.

"Oh yeah. I forgot," Izuku murmured, turning up the heat, bringing his stew to a simmer. "We just left the body in front of the school."

"The article actually doesn't mention the body at all, but it's probably why the school closed."

"Maybe they found the body before anyone else," Izuku wondered. "They might've closed to give themselves time to deal with it."

"That's possible," Zelda agreed, before changing the topic. "Izuku, I was thinking."

"Hm?"

"You don't have any hobbies do you?"

"I have hobbies," Izuku defended. The sudden accusation probably hit a bit harder than Zelda wanted it to.

"Hobbies that don't have anything to do with hero work," she amended, giving him a flat look.

"...I draw sometimes."

"I agree, you do have a talent for it," Zelda said. "But, you only draw heroes."

"I cook?" Izuku tried.

"Not as a hobby, and even as a hobby, you can only cook so many times a day."

"I experiment for fun sometimes," he defended.

"Izuku, the Slate censors your experiments," she reminded him with a chuckle.

"Only the worst ones," he mumbled, turning down the heat. "Why are you asking me about hobbies anyway?"

"I was going through things I could do, and I realized we don't really have hobbies, and nothing we do together."

"I... I could pick up an instrument?" Izuku offered. "You could sing?"

"Why can't I play the instrument and you sing?"

"I like your voice better than mine," Izuku said truthfully. "We could trade, it's not that big a deal."

"What instrument would you play?"

"Uh, a flute... or an ocarina maybe?" he said, thinking. "Or something with strings."

"I think I'd like to learn how to play the harp," Zelda considered.

"I could see you playing the harp," Izuku remarked, his attention shifting back to the pot he was stirring. "The harp fits you."

"It 'fits' me?" Zelda asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know, it's graceful—that's not the right word," Izuku paused to think. "Elegant."

"Hmm. Maybe I will pick up the harp," Zelda said, blushing slightly. "If you sing."

"We can both play instruments, you know."

"Then who's going to sing?" she asked mischievously.

"Eri would love to sing, probably," he said, turning off the heat and taking the pot off the stove.

"She would, wouldn't she," Zelda said, turning back to her phone. "By the way, where's Toga?"

Izuku blinked. He hadn't seen the ex-villain since defeating All for One.

"That is a good question," he admitted.

As if on cue, there was a knock on the door. Sending a glance at her husband, Zelda hopped up to answer the door. Sure enough, Himiko was on the other side.

"Hey, Zelda," the ex-villain murmured with a strained smile. She looked frazzled, like she hadn't slept in a while.

"Are you okay?" Zelda asked, leading her into the apartment.

"Just a headache," she replied, bee-lining to the couch. She collapsed face first into the cushions.

Had she... been gaming all this time? Ignoring that, that probably meant Shigaraki was still at that warehouse. He made a mental note to visit him. Nana would probably remind him.

'I will.'

***

"This is a good picture."

"What is?" Izuku asked, making his way to her. It seemed she'd swapped the phone for the Sheikah Slate for the time being. The picture in question was of a golden bokoblin, captured in fairly high detail. The monster's piercing red eyes seemed to be staring directly at the camera. The bokoblin was crouched in a battle stance, armed with a dragonbone club and shield.

"A gold bokoblin. How did you take it?"

"Um, it was for an entry for the Compendium," he recalled.

"Did you take this during battle?" Zelda asked, her eyes narrowing as she studied the picture.

"Battle is a strong word."

"Isn't this a higher-tier bokoblin?" she asked, swiping over to the Compendium to see the creature's entry.

"The highest, yes," Izuku confirmed.

"This isn't even the one you used for the Compendium, you took another close up one!"

"It's a good picture, but it didn't fit in the little square—"

"You can't just sheath your sword mid-fight to take—How many times did you do this mid-fight?!"

"In my defense, I only remembered I was missing the entry until after the fight had started, and bokoblins are stupid."

"This one is of a lynel!"

"Lynels don't attack if you keep your distance, and don't pull out your weapons."

"It has its bow drawn!"

"It does?" Izuku asked, and the fact that he sounded genuinely surprised shocked Zelda.

"You didn't notice?!" she asked incredulously.

"There are multiple lynel entries..." Izuku paused. "Let's pretend I didn't say that."

A moment passed as Zelda scrolled through the rest of the album, probably looking for other lynel pictures.

"Izuku."

"Zelda?"

"This one is a self-portrait," she said, turning the Slate to face him.

Izuku glanced over to see his grinning face, and not far behind, the lynel regarding him strangely.

"It is," Izuku said simply, not bothering to defend himself anymore. "I'll be honest, I thought it'd be funny."

"This is a golden one."

"Yes," Izuku nodded. "Are you mad?"

"I'm more confused than anything, to be perfectly honest," Zelda admitted with a sigh. "It is funny, but maybe don't risk your life like that."

***

"Izuku, I was thinking... You carry your sword on your back, right?" Inko asked as they cooked. Izuku nodded, shooting a glance at the sword in question. "Wouldn't it be easier to have it by your waist? Or is that just something from T.V.?"

"Your mother has a point, Master," Fi informed him, manifesting in the living room, next to Zelda. "While being on your back is reasonable for long distance travels, your waist is a more convenient location during battle."

"Huh." Izuku set the spoon down. "I've never really thought about it."

"I can make you a sword frog." Zelda chimed in.

"...what?"

"The leather attachment for your belt, to hold the scabbard," she explained. "That's what it's called; a frog."

"Sword frog," Izuku repeated, and Zelda nodded. "I feel weird calling it that."

"With Fi's help, it shouldn't be hard to fashion one," she said, picking up the Master Sword from where it was propped against the wall.

"I have an old leather handbag," Inko said, washing her hands. "You can use that."

"Thank you!"

"Guys, you don't need to make anything—"

'Shut up, kid,' En interrupted him. 'Let your family do their thing.'

"Hm?" Zelda asked, and Izuku fumbled around for something else to say.

"Um, what were you going to use, if not the bag?" he recovered.

"I've been looking for an excuse to get rid of a pair of trousers," Zelda explained, raising an eyebrow. "Since I have better clothes now... Izuku, are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine," Izuku said quickly. "Just something someone said threw me off a bit."

"Was it Revali?"

Izuku laughed, and nodded, laughing even harder at Revali's squawks of indignation.

***

When Inko brought Eri home from school Friday afternoon, they met Izuku braiding Zelda's hair.

"Hello, Eri," Zelda waved at the little girl, Izuku's hands in her hair.

"Papa! Mama!" Eri greeted her found parents with a hug each. "Grandma Inko said she wanted to look for a new place to live!"

"Really?" Izuku asked, looking at his mother, who nodded.

"You and I can go take a look, if you'd like?" Inko offered. "It was your suggestion, after all."

"Now?" Izuku asked, realizing that she hadn't taken off her coat yet.

"I was going to go on my own anyway," she said. "No time like the present, right?"

"Um, sure! Yeah, I would love to!" Izuku agreed, before hesitating.

"It's fine, Izuku," Zelda said, noticing his slight change in expression. "I can keep Eri entertained, and Toga is still asleep—still recovering, I think."

"Okay, see you two later," Izuku said with a nod.

"Don't worry, Eri," Inko said comfortingly. "We'll be back before you know it."

As the two left, Zelda turned to the little white-haired girl. Eri had taken an almost immediate liking to her, and for that, Zelda was grateful. They didn't get a lot of time together, just the two of them, but when they did, Zelda wanted to make the most of it.

"Hey, Eri, would you like to braid my hair?" Zelda suggested, lifting a hand to her hair to show her where Izuku had started. The little girl perked up at the offer, hesitating.

"Yes... but I don't know how to," she admitted quietly.

"Don't worry, I'll teach you," Zelda promised. "Since we both have long hair, we can practice on each other."

Eri's eyes twinkled at the suggestion, and Zelda smiled. Minutes later, they were both working on Eri's hair, in comfortable silence, occasionally broken by Eri asking a question. It was a nice bonding moment for the two.

The house in question wasn't too far from their current apartment.

"So... what do we think?"

"It's a nice place," Izuku said, honestly. "Really nice place."

"I think so too," Inko agreed. "It's a bit on the expensive side though. I could work something out with the realtor, the nest egg I've saved up should be enough for an initial payment. Might have to go back to work-"

"Mom!"

"Wha-"

"You there? I lost you for a minute." Izuku said, concerned. "I'd help pay, if you want to move in here. I don't want you to have to work again."

Inko simply stared at her son, before her eyes began to glisten with tears.

"Mom?" Izuku exclaimed, worried. "Mom! What's wrong?!"

You've grown up so much," she said, wiping away her tears. "I'm so proud of you."

Izuku didn't know what to say, so he just hugged his mother, and she hugged him back.

He missed her.

"Let's take a look upstairs?" Inko suggested, her sniffles subsiding.

"Yeah, let's," Izuku agreed with a small nod.

***

Saturday afternoon had finally arrived.

Aizawa stood at U.A.'s entrance, waiting for their visitor, the principal perched on his shoulder.

"He's not going to show," he muttered. "He's a vigilante, they don't usually operate in broad daylight."

"I think he is going to show. Besides, he set the time," Nezu reminded him. "I'm really curious as to why he requested for Tsukauchi's presence."

"Who knows how the vigilante mind works?" Aizawa sighed.

"I think he has something to say," the principal theorized.

"And the detective is here to verify whatever it is he has to say?" Aizawa realized, and Nezu nodded. "What could he possibly have to say that requires the detective's quirk?"

"Obviously something we wouldn't believe otherwise," Nezu said simply, a grin sneaking onto his face. "It seems we won't have to speculate for much longer."

At that, Aizawa turned his attention to the building across the street.

The vigilante was crouched on the roof, just watching them, the white scarf waving in the wind. He didn't know how long Sheik had been there.

As Nezu hopped to the ground, a hand went to the capture weapon around his neck. Seems he was wrong to doubt that the vigilante would show.

Noticing his boss move out of the corner of his eye, he turned to the principal.

Nezu was waving at the vigilante, a measured smile on his snout. Glancing at Aizawa, the principal chuckled at the underground hero's flat look.

"What? You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but you wouldn't know that would you? What with your 'rational deceptions,'" Nezu teased. "I happen to prefer him coming to us, or would you rather have to go catch him?"

"And I suppose we're actually inviting him inside, aren't we?" Aizawa sighed, keeping a wary eye on the vigilante.

"The detective is waiting," Nezu said, a measured smile on his face.

"Alright then," Aizawa mumbled, turning back to the vigilante, his grip never leaving his capture weapon.

As they watched, Sheik finally moved, sliding down the side of the building and seconds later, he was face to face with the teacher and principal.

The vigilante was silent, standing there with his arms crossed. It was surreal, to see him up close in broad daylight.

Aizawa's gaze narrowed. Something about the vigilante struck him. The last time he'd seen Sheik, weren't his eyes a dull grey color? Or were they always green?

"Greetings!" Nezu's cheery voice interrupted his train of thought.

Sheik said nothing.

"You've done some good work," Nezu continued, unfazed. "Although, you roughed up my students a bit. Then you helped them out, before roughing them up again."

Still nothing.

"You've also given the good detective a headache," he continued on. "He was assigned to your case, and you've not made things easy for him, you know."

Sheik cocked his head to the side, but said nothing.

"Message received. I'll get to the point," Nezu said, his smile unwavering. "I assume you're here to tell us your truth, your side of the story, which is why you asked for the detective, yes?"

A single nod.

"Suspected as much," Nezu nodded. "Before I let you in, you understand that there is an extremely low chance you're going to leave under your own terms, seeing as you're a vigilante."

Another nod.

"Come on in then," Nezu smiled wider. "I'm eager to hear what it is you have to say."

The gates slid open, and, principal leading him and teacher behind him, Izuku Midoriya walked into a place he once considered his second home.

***

a/n: Izuku now goes to U.A on his own. This just makes more sense, to be honest. Next chapter coming pretty soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 6.2K 32
" 𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫 , 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐲'𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 . ,, 𝘢 𝘶𝘢 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘵𝘰...
18.5K 135 8
izuku midoriya who had just witness his mother die only to be knocked out and beaten by his friends to near death as he unlocks a new power powers of...
1.3K 64 10
"𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥." 𝐈𝐳𝐮𝐤𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐢...
245K 3.7K 68
I was weak....pathetic... But now, I came back stronger. YoU sHoUlDn'T hAvE bEtRaYeD mE uNiOn. (Guardian) -All images and gifs used aren't mine.