Titan Turn; A TDS Story

Por OK1610

Gravedigger had always been the missfit of the family. With his new friend however, he finds his place in the... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 (Halloween Special)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 16

182 5 7
Por OK1610

Back at the base, the last few precautions were taken before testing out the new generator one last time. It lit up almost instantly, electricity following through it like water. The Engineer was very pleased with the outcome, a stable power source could mean a more stable portal. She checked off the last point on her list with a confident smile. This is it, she finally understood this "alien" technology used by Titans, it could mean a lot in the long run for the Towers, she thought.
She left the garage to speak with the Commander. After a few minutes she found him going over the rules and supplies with his soldiers and Fallen, who was somewhat of an outcast between them. Not that it bothered him, he looked way too inside his own head to care. She wondered how he was feeling... To lose a son is something horrible... no parent should go through that...and yet she couldn't bring herself to ask him anything, he was a Titan and old habits die hard...

The Commander noticed her, becking for her to come over, "So, how is that generator working?"

"Well, sir! We haven't ran into any issues testing it so it should be clear to use tonight...as planned!" she nodded.

"That's what I like to hear! The faster we go through the faster we get those kids out of there!", he turned back to his troops, "No more loitering! Get back to your duties! And Fallen...you come with me."

He dismissed Engineer, sending her on her way. He gestured for Fallen King to follow him back to his office. They walked in silence for the most part, Commander did glance a few times up at Fallen. He had never seen the Titan so...absent, he was always laser focused in battles, winning with ease. But his mind was elsewhere now, and those dark circles around his eyes...he probably hadn't gotten a blink of sleep since his kid left.. Commander felt himself pity the man, almost relate to his pain, he too couldn't take his mind off Scout... A sympathy he thought he would never have for someone like him. They took a seat at his desk when they arrived.

"Alright, I wanted a moment to speak with you privately."

"What is it, Commander?"

God that cold tone... So even and calm yet so, so intimidating... He shook it off, thinking the Titan probably wasn't doing it on purpose.

"This is an important and dangerous mission...only trained professionals could come back out in one piece if that portal even opens... A-"

Fallen lifted a hand, "Commander, what is your point?"

"I don't trust you.... would be able to help us in this scouting operation. You do not know the way our team works, our fire arms or even vehicles are foreign to you."

Fallen swallowed, "I don't have to know. That place could be massive and none of your machinery will be able to look over it faster than a Titan...But I am not an idiot, Commander..."

The man could feel himself tense up at these words. The Titan's eyes were sharp, stabbed right through his soul.

" You do not trust me to come because you I think I would take the opportunity to end you then and there. Where we are alone... No one to come save you or the others... Your soldiers made it very clear they want nothing to do with me and frankly I do not care, I want my child back... That portal uses Titan magic, you cannot open it without us even if you wanted to. Therefore, instead of throwing blatant threats at one another, how about we focus on getting to the children and then we go back to fighting if that is what you wish."

Commander lowered his gaze, "...I do not want this war to keep going... Trust me I am sick of it as much as you are. But you have a fair point, we have to work together. I will, however, give you this one chance to back out. Later we will not have that chance again. "

" I will not back out."

"... Very well. Meet me at nightfall, back in the garage."

"Yes...sir."

And with that, Fallen got up and closed the door to the Commander's office. He walked down the hallway, leading to the infirmary. It was only afternoon so he had time to pay a final visit to his boy before leaving.
He greeted the Medic politely, one of the only Towers worthy of respect, really. And gently knocked on the door to his son's room. Nothing. He cracked it open, peaking inside.

Molten was sleeping peacefully on the bed, hugging his pillow. The warm light from the window gently caressing his face. Fallen couldn't help but let a small smile appear, at least of of his boys was safe and he was thankful for that. He entered, sitting down on a chiar next to Molten's bed.
Oh how relaxed he looked, tenderly covered by the blanket. Despite the sweet scenery, some dark thoughts did slip through Fallen's mind.
He remembered the night before, how terrified Molten looked after the loud explosion caused by the portal, how much he cried in his arms when he found out his brother disappeared just like his uncle... It must have really tired him out. And all of this on top of that stupid injury on his leg... Something that could have been prevented if Gravedigger wasn't so....so... I-It wasn't his fault... He wanted to save him... His brother was just unlucky, caught in the crossfire...
What a bold child...the timid boy living in their home, so brave..
Fallen slid back into his chair, taking a break.. just for a second from all that was happening... This one moment of peace was all he wanted...

He brushed those thoughts away.. He had a mission to get to...
He softly stroke the boy's hair, placing a kiss on his forehead. The young one squirmed a little at the touch but stayed asleep..

"I promise I will get your brother back... If it's the last thing I do." he whispered to him. Pulling the blanket over his shoulders, Fallen stood up and opened the door, taking one last look towards his son before exiting the tiny hospital room.

Evening came around after what felt like years, with everything in place all they needed was the portal powered up. Both Titans and Towers, minus the children as it was deemed too unsafe for them to be there, accompanied the ones who would leave, in the garage. Swordmaster stepped forward, despite the glares of hatred shot towards him by the most Towers, he kept his head up high, placing an old book on the ground. It was similar to the one Commander had given to Scout, but this one looked even older, covers torn, pages filled with dust and incomprehensible scribbles. The generator was already running so the last part was the ritual.
He began reciting the spell in unintelligible whispers. Some Towers rolled their eyes as nothing has yet to have happened.

But then, a bright blue spark escape the crystal atop the metal portal. It caught fire, blazing the portal to life. A violent power surging inside the building, shaking it to it's very core, pushed back all of those standing near it. Void Reaver helped Swordmaster up and away from the entrance, the military convoy ready to speed through it at the right moment.
In the first vehicle were Fallen and Commander. Some soldiers opposed the idea of leaving their leader alone with their enemy but the Commander insisted it was fine. The Engineer screamed from the side lines over the noise of pure explosive electricity.

"Hurry! The generator is giving out!!"

The Commander drove in it. He heard someone yell, "Commander, WAIT!" right as they came in contact with the gateway. A blinding light forcing them to shut their eyes. Eventually it faded away completely.

He looked up to see a path deep inside a forest, with snowflakes falling down on the never melting snow.
Fallen King got out of the jeep, the snow cracking under his weight, he turned around and looked back to see the portal shut down... With no one else coming through.

"Commander?"

"Yes?"

"Where are the others?"

The smaller man jerked his head back to where they came from... Nothing... Just trees silently waving with the flow of the wind as the last bit of blue light evaporated.

"Oh crap."

....

The explosion threw everyone back, even the cars with thier breaks slammed on. Accelerator glanced back at the portal... It closed.. They were gone.. Soon the realization hit everyone. They were speechless.. The Engineer sighed quietly.

"Oh you gotta be kidding me!"

"First the kids now this!?" screamed Ranger.

"I told that idiot it wasn't worth it" muttered Swordmaster. Squizing Void Reaver's hand as soon as he saw the distraught look on his face.

Medic felt a few tears sting her eyes, Commander was one of her closest friends.. He was her lover...and now he too was gone just like her little Scout...into an unknown world.. "May the Creator protect them for who knows what lies ahead!" was all she could whisper to herself.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

35.3K 621 30
THIS BOOK HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED BUT WILL BE PUBLISHED AND REMADE SOON ENOUGH. Samir(Soldier) had dreamed of becoming a soldier ever since he has memo...
4.9K 50 10
In this world, no one can survive alone. Not a single titan, not a single tower. Everyone needs someone, their teammates, or, maybe, even a partner. ...
9.8K 111 11
"You are my complete opposite.. Talkative, handsome, extrovert... Why am I getting feelings for you..?" ---------- Fros...
13.7K 123 10
Yeah so it's gonna have alot of stories but gonna take alot of time so please be patient-