Academic Validation.

By whatpadgirly

Stories so you can crave academic validation, because are you satisfied with an average life? More

Why can't my parents see?!
Jealous
Academic rivals.
REQUESTS!!!
I hate my teacher.
better luck next time
her.
focus.
Winners
Second best.
Fear of failure.
Get up, get over him and get it together.
I chase to attract.
Push through.
Rock Bottom.
rich kids.
Pick your own fig.

Academic Rivals (crush)

1K 25 9
By whatpadgirly

Lately, I haven't been able to stop thinking about my crush. God, he's so fine. God, his hair is gorgeous. God, he's so intelligent. Intelligent...

I crave his validation. Why? Am I really going to throw away my whole academic life because I "can't stop thinking about him"? Am I really going to use all of my time imagining him romantically confessing his love for me - is that my goal in life? For a guy to pick me up and carry me to the finish line?

Right now, he does not give a flying shit about me. Right now, he's working towards his goal. The same goal I wish to have, that I dream to have, but I'm lying on my bed scrolling through my phone, picturing my dream life. Then why can't I get it?

I know I'm intelligent enough to get there. I know I'm able to beat him. So what am I doing?! He doesn't know that I'm able to beat him - he probably thinks I'm just some stupid girl who is never going to catch up to him. There he is, studying, again. There he is, ten steps ahead of me, progressing, succeeding, working. Time is running out. I could do that. I will do that.

I'm sick of being second best. Always below his level. My best is his worst. I know I'm able to do better. I don't know what I'm waiting for.

From now on, he's not my pathetic crush. He's my academic rival, and I will do better than him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30K 884 24
Just a few months after the destruction of the bone mirror, the team of Lockwood & Co. has another big case to tackle: When Lucy gets a letter from h...
110K 2.5K 51
Alissa Iris De LeΓ³n the daughter of both the Spanish and Italian Mafia. A week after she was born she was sent away from her 2 brothers to live with...
63.7K 3.8K 68
⏰ Time management tips πŸ“  Organization tips πŸ“š Studying tips 🀳Dealing with school drama 🎺 Clubs and sports 🏫 College tips
23.3K 547 12
These are different period related horror stories I made in my mind, so cry and laugh your eyes out like any girl on her period as you read along! De...