๐‘บ๐’‰๐’‚๐’…๐’๐’˜ ยป๐“ข๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“—๐“ธ

By Iy_kayeen

"๐‘ผ๐’” ๐’‚๐’ˆ๐’‚๐’Š๐’๐’•๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’๐’…." A tear escaped Jang Hyejin's eyes as she stare at Sang ho, who remai... More

casts
zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
act ii
zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve

twenty nine

1K 65 5
By Iy_kayeen

JANG HYEJIN SIGHED AS SHE FOLLOWED her brother inside Gaemma village. The eldest Jang woke her up at five in the morning to tell her that he's on his way to Gaema village and told her that she should come with him. He didn't give her the choice to say no as it was clear by his tone that he has no time for any protest.

"Do you know where you're going, Uk?" She questioned.

"This is my first time being in this place." Uk told her.

Hyejin scoffed, "I can't believe you disrupted my sleep just because of this, can't you go here alone?"

"I can." Uk replied as he push aside the fabrics that were hanging on the street, "But i want you to come. Besides, it's not like you're going to be busy today, you're wound is still healing, you're not yet allowed to train."

Hyejin rolled her eyes at his reason, "It's almost healed, and a few days from now, i can go back to training." She told him, "Im so close on mastering Tansu, gosh.. If it weren't for this wound, i would've mastered it by now."

"Gosh, look at you." Uk grinned, "What made you think that, huh? Last time i checked, you can't hit a water drop with your energy at the same time."

"Hey, Mudeok says that im close!" Hyejin told him, "She even said that im much more better than you, for all i know she's already regretting to have you as her pupil and not me."

Uk scrunched his face before a scoff left his lips, "Unbelievable." He mutters under his breath before shaking his head in disbelief.

As they were walking on the streets of the village, they heard a man who looks as if he was arguing with a woman, "Fire priestess is really--."

"You should try asking that woman, Uk." Hyejin told him.

The boy nodded his head before approaching the woman, "Excuse me, do you know where Shaman Bong's house is?" He asked.

"Shaman Bong?" The woman groaned, "He does not have powers anymore. You should go to the fire priestess instead. I will take you there."

Uk shared a look with his twin, "No, we're looking Shaman Bong." He told the woman.

"I told you, he is not good." The woman told him.

"No, it has to be Shaman Bong." Uk insisted before motioning for Hyejin to follow him.

Hyejin gave the woman a forced smile before following her brother, "That woman is so keen on making us go to that priestess, but the people around here doesn't look too convinced by her." She muttered as the two of them continued their search on the shaman, "Perhaps it's a scam?"

"Who knows." Uk mutters under his breath, "Gosh, where are we? All the streets look the same."

"Why would you even go here without asking Juwol the exact place where Shaman Bong is?" Hyejin questioned.

"It left my mind." Uk reasoned.

"And now we're suffering under the scorching heat of the sun because of it." Hyejin retorted before walking faster.

Uk scoffed before he went after her, the events that happened last night suddenly filled his head. He was already on his way back to Hyejin's dorm to check on her after helping Dang-gu put Yul to bed.

He expected that she would either be sleeping because of the alcohol in her systems, or she would still be awake because he knew that she always have a hard sleeping at night. But when he was already close to her chambers, he didn't expect to hear a man's voice inside.

"I could never betray you." The only person that Um can think of once he heard the voice was Sang Ho, "If the world is against you, then i might as well be against them. That, i promise you."

Uk narrowed his eyes as he have no idea what they were talking about, their voice also aren't that loud which is why he decided to move closer. He stood on the side of the door before taking a peek inside, and there he saw Sang Ho sitting at the edge of the bed while Hyejin was sat near him.

"That promise will not mean anything to me until you live to it." Hyejin said, "What if it was me against the leader? Will you stand with me? Or will you fight with him?"

"What's going on?" Uk mutters under his breath. Sang Ho's back was turned on him but he noticed the way his shoulders slumped.

Hyejin chuckled, as if she have noticed the change on Sang Ho's demeanor as well, "Hey, you don't have to answer, Sang Ho." She told him, "I told you that you don't have to sacrifice your honor for me. Lord Park is your leader, as his right hand, it is your job to always choose him."

And by hearing those words, Uk was immediately confused.

Sang Ho cleared his throat, "You can always trust me not to betray you, Hyejin. Perhaps i cannot give you an answer now, but i hope that someday, i will be able to prove you that." He told her, "The only reassurance i can give you right now is this." He placed his hand on top of hers, "I will hold you as long as i can. I care about you. It would break me if the day ever comes where i have to fight you, it would rather be you pointing your sword at me and not the other way around."

Maybe im wrong about him, Uk thought as he watch how Hyejin looks at the mage with admiration in her eyes. He never thought that he would see her look that way to someone, he always knew that she likes Sang Ho, but he never thought that the mage would ever reciprocate his feelings.

He doesn't know what to feel at first which is why he reacted that way earlier, he doesn't want to see her get hurt and crying because of a man. He thought that maybe she was just assuming that Sang Ho likes her back, but after hearing those words come out of his mouth.

Uk realized that he was wrong, Sang Ho doesn't just like her, he was in love with her. And it was clear that he would do anything for her, and the only thing he can do for the both of them is be happy and accept what their relationship is, just like how Hyejin accepted his relationship with Naksu.

"Im not just saying this to make you feel better." Sang Ho added, "Im saying this because it's the truth."

Uk sighed and glanced at them one last time before deciding to leave as he doesn't want to interrupt their moment, "Hyejin would be safe with Sang Ho.. Im sure of it." He muttered before making his way downstairs.

"Uk?" Hyejin called before waving her hands in front of him, "This isn't the time to be zoning out."

Uk snapped back into reality, "Sorry.. I was just thinking of something." He told her.

"Well think of it later because we just reached the fire priestess' den." She countered before nodding her head towards the place where a lot of people were lining up, "And guess what, a certain crown prince is being harassed by that woman from earlier."

Uk furrowed his brows in confusion before turning his gaze in front, he raised his brows in surprise once he saw the crown prince, "I never said i wanted to see the fire priestess!" He argued.

"You still have to pay if you had your fortune read." The woman told him before grabbing his arms, "Where are you going?"

"Hey, do not touch me!" Go Won yelled before shrugging her off, "She did not get a single thing right, why should i pay?"

The crown prince glanced on his left, he raised his brows in surprise once he saw the Jang twins standing there and staring at him. The twins bowed to him in respect, "Did you go and see Shaman Bong?" The woman questioned, "He is bad, is he not? The fire priestess is the real deal, am i right?"

"'Fire Priestess' my foot!" Go Won scoffed as he tried to shrug the woman off again but failed as she was clinging to him as if her life depended on it.

Hyejin smirked in amusement, "Hey, lady." She called, "You should let him go, that guy has no money and is poor as a mouse. He can't pay you, this was his plan all along. He wanted to get his fortune read by the almighty fire priestess but after that, he plans to leave, saying that the priestess is wrong. Just let him go, you won't get anything from him as he has no money."

The woman seemed to believe her as she immediately took a step back away from her, "Aigoo, don't ever come back here again!" She spat at him before turning her focus towards the people on the line.

The crown prince narrowed his eyes at Hyejin, but decided to not say a thing as her reason saved him from the crazy woman. "My Goodness.."

---

"Did you come to get your fortune read?" Uk questioned as they were now walking with the crown prince.

"How about you? Did you come to get an exorcism?" Go Won said with sarcasm laced in his tone.

"What did fire priestess say to make you so angry?" Uk questioned.

"She said i have no luck in government and i should get into business. I am the crown prince." Go Won responded, "What did Shaman Bong say to you?"

"Hyejin, and i are on our way to see him." Uk replied, "We have many questions for him."

The crown prince's annoyed face was replaced by a stern one, he looks around to see if someone was listening and when he's sure that no one was, he spoke to the boy, "Jang Uk, are you looking for Eunuch Kim too?"

Uk tensed before looking around as well, "Why are
you looking for him here?"

"He disappeared from the palace since that day at Cheonbugwan." Go Won told him, "His traces led me here."

Hyejin rose her brow up, "Is that why you came here with no guards?" She asked, "You want to be sneaky, are you also doubting someone from the palace has something to do with his disappearance?"

Go Won sighed before nodding, "I don't want anyone to know that i am suspecting them." He told her.

"So you agree that Eunuch Kim is a soul shifter?" Uk asked, "And that the queen is being suspicious by covering it up?"

"That is right." Go Won replied, "Why are you here? What are you looking for?"

"I think there are overlaps in what we are looking for. Shall with exchange information?" Uk suggested.

"Share one piece of information each?" The crown prince muttered, "Fine. You go first."

Hyejin crossed her arms, "Why would he do that?" She scoffed, earning his attention. "If he tell you first, you'll be like im the crown prince, i don't owe
you anything."

Uk nodded his head in approval, "I agree with her."

"How do you know that?" Go Won scoffed before clearing his throat, "Fine. While i was searching for Eunuch Kim, i found something strange. It seems he left the palace every month to go somewhere. The place he visited every month was Gaema village."

Uk nodded, "I am looking for Shaman Choi."

"Who is that?"

"That is for the next time. Now if you'll excuse us.." Uk nodded his head at Hyejin before walking past the crown prince.

The girl chuckled before waving at Go Won mockingly, "See you later, seja." She teased before going after her twin.

The crown prince looks at them with disbelief, "Wait!" He exclaimed as he ran after them, "What am i supposed to glean from that kind of information?"

"I do not have much information yet." Uk told him before walking again.

Go Won scoffed before following him, "Why are you following us?" Uk questioned.

"To meet Shaman Bong." He responded, "We do not have to go together. I can go afterward and get him to tell me what he told you. I am the crown prince." He motioned his hand in front, earning a scoff from Uk.

The two of them started walking, Hyejin was about to follow them as well when she felt a set of eyes watching her. She furrowed her brows before looking around, the only thing she saw was a few passerby but other than that, there was nothing suspicious around her.

Hyejin narrowed her eyes as she scanned the area once again to see if she missed something, "Hyejin!" Uk called, earning her attention.

"Yeah?"

"Why are you just standing there? Let's go." Uk stated.

"Don't waste our time." Go Won scoffed.

Hyejin took a one last scan around the place before facing them, "Im coming!" She responded before running after them.

---

It was already dark outside when the three of them left Shaman Bong's house, the shaman have told them the story about Shaman Choi's death twenty years ago and about the brother that she have left and how he married into a woman that came from a powerful family.

The three of them was now walking around the streets and was now on their way back to their own houses, "If it was 20 years ago, it was when Jin Mu was your father's pupil." Go Won stated, "Jin Mu may know something, should i ask him?"

Hyejin grimaced at the sudden mention of the assisstant gwanju, "Gosh, you really trust that snake?" She scoffed, earning a look from the crown prince.

Uk nudged her side before giving the crown prince a forced smile, "You can't ask Jin Mu. Please keep what you heard today a secret." He told him.

The crown prince nodded, "What we learned today does not seem all that important, but i will." He said as the three of them started walking again.

"Your Royal Highness, you said you came here alone?" Uk said in a low voice.

"I did." He replied, "But it seems like someone is following us."

"Gosh, you felt that too?" Hyejin muttered, "I have been feeling that since morning. At first i thought it was nothing but now that you mentioned it. Someone was indeed following us. But the question is, who is he following?"

"Shall we split up then?" Uk suggested, "That way we can see who he is following."

The crown prince nodded his head in approval before moving forward. The twins shared a look, "Shall we split up too?" Hyejin asked.

"No, it's too dangerous." Uk responded, earning a chuckle from the girl. "Let's go this way." He pointed his sword on his left where a dark alley was.

Hyejin grimaced, "Are you sure it's safe to go into a dark alley? What if he's planning something bad?" She asked.

"Then we'll fight him." He replied, "There's two us, im sure we can them."

Hyejin takes a deep breath before looking around, "Alright, let's go." She said before walking towards the alley, and soon, Uk followed her.

The twins ended up on a dark corner where no lights were turned on, Uk narrowed his eyes as he realized that they were the ones being followed and not the crown prince. "Stay close to me." He told her.

"No need to remind me, i can handle myself." Hyejin scoffed, "Are we confronting him?"

Uk turned around to where the man that was following them passed, "We are." He said before he continued walking.

Hyejin takes a deep breath before following him, they lead the man into a dark alley. Uk took a turn and stopped as his plan was to confront him while she decided to hide on some huge rocks and come out once the man appeared.

The man that was following them stopped once he saw that Uk had already stopped walking and was now standing in front of him, "Who are you and why are you following us?" Uk questioned.

The man didn't answer, "I said.." Uk unsheathed his sword and pointed it to his neck, "Who are you and why are you following us?"

Hyejin came out of her hiding place and stood behind the man, she unsheathed her sword and pointed it on the other side of his neck, "Answer him, or heads will roll." She threatened.

The man looks up and met Uk's intense gaze, his eyes lowering to his sword before glancing at the sword that was on the other side of his neck. He was revealed to be the gwanju of Cheonbugwan, Jang Gang.

Uk furrowed his brows at his action, "Seeing that you recognize our swords, you must be a mage." He said.

Jang Gang nodded, "Put down your sword." He responded, "It is dangerous to unsheathe a sword of Cheonbugwan here."

Uk furrowed his brows in confusion, "This is Gaema village." Jang Gang explained, "Cheonbugwan mages who patrol for sorcery are considered enemies."

The twins looks around and it was only then when they noticed the people that were looking at them, some were hiding, and some are glaring at them.

Hyejin knew that her sword was not from Cheonbugwan and was from Seo fortress which is why she was fine it, Uk on the other hand, the sword he was using was the sword of their father.

"If you get into a fight and people find out that you are here, you will not be safe." Jang Gang told them.

Uk narrowed his eyes before slowly lowering his sword, Jang Gang glanced at Hyejin who was still pointing her sword at him. "Hyejin, it's fine." Uk told her, "Lower your sword."

The girl scoffed before slowly lowering her sword, but not unsheathing it. "It looks as though you know who we are." Uk muttered.

Jang Gang sighed, "You carry the sword of Cheonbugwan's gwanju." He responded before glancing at Hyejin, "And you carry the sword of his wife, so you must be their children."

Once they were all calmed down, Hyejin finds herself standing beside her twin while Jang Gang was sitting on the ground in front of them. She was still a bit cautious about him but seeing as he doesn't have a sword means that he's not that dangerous and they could overpower him if ut comes to a fight.

"I only followed you because i recognized the sword." Jang Gang told them before taking a small sip of liquid on his bottle.

"Do you know the owner of this sword?" Uk asked, pertaining to his father's sword.

"The man who abandoned that sword was a madman." Jang Gang told them, "His wife had an affair and died. Then he abandoned his own children and public post and ran away." He chuckled, "Jang Gang, the man who went mad."

Hyejin's grip on her sword tightened at the mention of her mother, she wanted to defend her and tell her that he was wrong and he knows nothing. But then realized that the affair of her mother was no secret, it all started with a fucking rumor that Jang Gang himself started and everyone believed him. "Everyone secretly talks about him." Uk scoffed, "But to one has said that ever to my face. Do you hold a grudge against him?"

Jang Gang looks up, "What if i do?" He questioned, "Will you take vengeance on me on behalf of your father?"

"Our father." Hyejin scoffed, earning his attention, "He means nothing to us."

Uk scoffed, "Forgive my sister, she has no filter." He said, "We won't do that, even if we're his children, it is not our place. He would not want that."

"Then why do you carry your father's sword?" Jang Gang asked.

"If i go around denying that he's my father, it would make our mother seem too pitiful." Uk responded.

"Do Hwa.." He muttered, "Do Hwa was the biggest victim of it all."

Jang Gang sighed before he stood up and walked away from them. The twins was confused at the sadness and longing on his voice and how he managed to know her name, which is why they ran after him, "Do you also know our mother?" Uk asked.

"Do Hwa was the most beautiful woman in all of Daeho. Everyone knows who she was." Jang Gang replied, "Everyone in Daeho knew who she was."

"It seems like everyone in our family is famous for something." Uk muttered, "I must say, i did not expect to run into anyone who recognized me at a place like this."

Jang Gang turned and faced them, he kept his eyes glued on them as if he was memorizing their face. He sighed before offering them his alcohol. Uk looks confused at first but nonetheless, took it before taking a small sip. He groaned once he felt how strong it was, he offered it to his twin who shook her head as a response.

"This is where people secretly practice sorcery despite it being banned by Songrim." Jang Gang pointed out, "What is the children of Cheonbugwan's gwanju doing at a place like this?"

"Well, i was told i would be able to witness such as curses and soul magic." Uk lied.

"You are a mage of Jeongjingak, yet you go around in search of sorcery?" Jang Gang questioned.

Hyejin grinned, "What can i say? Trouble is our middle name." She told him before nudging Uk's side, "But that's not exactly why we're here." Jang Gang sent her a questioning look, "We're here to find a shaman who performs such sorcery. "

"A shaman?"

"She was a shaman who was very good at soul magic, which bewitches souls and drives people mad." Uk explained, "She was caught twenty years ago by the mages of Cheonbugwan and ran away after her house burned down."

"What business do you have with Shaman Choi?" Jang Gang asked, confused on why they were looking for her.

Hyejin rose her brow up, "We didn't mention a name." She said, "How did you know that it was her?"

"By any chance, were you one of the Cheonbugwan mages who worked with our father?" Uk asked.

"The Choi family was a family of mages that was destroyed by Master Seo Gyeong a long time ago." Jang Gang told them, "Your curiosity will put you in danger. If you become consumed by your curiosity for sorcery, its darkness will take over your soul, and you could end up losing everything. Once that happens, it will be too late to go back."

"Stop looking for those who perform sorcery. The world does not approve of such things, and you will never be forgiven." He finished.

Jang Gang turned his gaze towards Hyejin who was looking at him with suspicion written all over her face. He cannot help but notice the small resemblance she have with her mother, he almost mistook her for Do Hwa the first time he laid his eyes on her. But her attitude, it reminded him of himself, and Jang Uk was a mix of both.

He lowered his eyes towards Do Hwa's sword. Not once did he think that he would see it again, the only reminder he has of his wife and now, his daughter is wielding it. Do Hwa must be proud, He thought.

He glanced at them one last time, memorizing the small details on their face before turning around and taking a step away from them. But before he could take another step, Jang Uk spoke, "Wait." And it made him stop, "Here." Uk said as he gave him his bottle back.

Jang Gang took it, and accidentally holding his hand. The twins noticed the bandage that was on his hand, "Are you hurt?"

"Yes, i am hurt." He admitted, "I am damaged to the very depth of my soul."

He was about to walk away when Hyejin spoke, "You must be wandering for a long time.. I've noticed that you don't have your sword with you, you should be careful. The forest is dangerous, there are many wild animals running around at his time of the night." She remembered the pills that Master Heo gave her in order to heal her wound faster, she took it out of her hanbok and handed it to him.

"Master Heo, a mage from Sejukwon made these himself. It helps a person heal his wound faster. Take it." She said.

Jang Gang stares at the small box on her hand, "Go on, you look like you need it more than me." Hyejin added.

Jang Gang looks up and met her eyes, her eyes resembled Do Hwa's. A sigh left his lips before taking the box. He glanced at the twins one last time before walking away from them.

Uk watched him walk away with confusion all over his face, "Did he end up that way because of sorcery?" He mutters under his breath.

"Uk.. He seems familiar." Hyejin muttered.

The boy shrugged before ruffling her hair, "I don't know him, i haven't seen him in my entire life."

"Really?" Hyejin huffed, "I feel like i know him.."

"Maybe you have seen him somewhere, but im sure that it's my first time seeing him." Uk muttered before he sighed, "Come on, let's go home. You still have a date with Sang Ho right?"

And just by hearing his name made her gasp, "What?!"

"What?" Uk chuckled, "You were rambling last night. Gosh, are you really that drunk that you don't remember it?"

"I remember it!" Hyejin exclaimed, "And i told you, i wasn't drunk."

Uk shakes his head in amusement, "Whatever, we have to go. If you don't have a date tonight, i do. So let's leave now because i can't wait to see Mudeok again."

---

Hyejin arrived at Songrim in no time. She have just entered the gates of Songrim and was now on her way to Jeongjingak.

As she was getting near the building, she was getting flashes of the kiss they shared last night. As impossible as it may sound like, she can still feel the way his lips moved on her, i must be going crazy, she thought. That was her first time kissing someone, until now she still can't believe that Sang Ho would be her first.

Because how can you have time for relationships when most of your childhood and teenage years consist of being sent to countless of houses, and the leaders of those houses did nothing but keep her inside the building and force her to memorize countless of rules.

She was just happy that they weren't stuck in an awkward situation even after sharing a kiss. In fact, she expected that either one of them would be uncomfortable to even look at each other, and imagine her surprise when Sang Ho pulled her into a hug after.

A few more minutes of walking and she already reached Jeongjingak, she was about to walk inside when her eyes landed on a figure of a man that was talking with a student. She can't see his face as his back was facing her but she would recognize that hanbok, posture, and hair anywhere. It was Sang Ho, just the person she was thinking of.

She watch how the student bowed to him in respect before leaving, Sang Ho turned around to watch him leave the building. His face softened once he noticed Hyejin, a small smile curled on his lips before walking up to her, "Young Lady Jang.." He greeted.

Hyejin snapped out of her daze after hearing his voice, "Sang Ho." She greeted back.

"I was just looking for you." He told her, "I went to your chambers but you weren't there, Hyesun said that you left Jeongjingak in the morning. and hasn't come back since."

Hyejin nodded, "Ah, yes i did." She replied, "Uk came here earlier and woke me up. I'll tell you all about it later." She narrowed her eyes at him, "Are you still busy?"

Sang Ho chuckled before shaking his head, "No." He answered, "Shall we go now?"

"Sure, let's go." She replied.

The two of them started heading towards the forest, "So, where have you been?" Sang Ho asked, "It's not like you to leave your chambers before the sun rises and stay out until dark."

Hyejin pouted, "Well.. I went to Gaema village with Uk." She admitted.

Sang Ho widened her eyes after hearing that, "What?" He exclaimed before looking away, "Why would you go to such place?"

"If i tell you you have to promise that whatever you learn from me, you will keep it to yourself and not tell Lord Park." She said.

Sang Ho raised his brows in surprise, he grimaced before looking up to meet her gaze, "That's hard.." He told her honestly, "Can you just tell me a few details on why you went there? That way if i have to report this, the small details are all i know."

Hyejin nodded her head in understanding, "Uk wanted to find a shaman." She said, which just added to his confusion. She sighed before shrugging her shoulders, "That's all i can tell you for now."

"I understand." Sang Ho muttered, "Gaema village is a place where people gather to perform sorcery despite it being banned by Songrim. It is a dangerous place, im glad that you're okay."

"I know.. The people there seemed harmless but i learned not to judge a book by its cover." She told him, "I wish i could tell you everything, i don't want to hide a secret from you."

Sang Ho sighed before holding her hand, "My job requires me to tell anything i learn to the leader, if what you did at Gaema village can result to getting a punishment, then it's best if you keep that information to yourself." He comforted her, "And i understand, Hyejin."

The girl nodded before smiling at him, "We should stop talking about that." She said before glancing at him, "How did your day went? Well aside from running errands for the leader."

The mage shakes his head in amusement, "That is exactly what i did, My lady." He said as the they walked out of the barrier.

"Why am i even surprised?" Hyejin groaned.

Sang Ho chuckled before rubbing his thumb on the back of her hand, "It's an order from the leader, i have to follow it." He said with a hint of teasing in his tone, "I thought we have already established that even before we got together."

"We did." Hyejin pouted, "Well what errands did you ran for him, Sang Ho?"

Her brows furrowed once she noticed how his face hardened at her question, she gulped as she realized that she must've ruined the mood. "Woah, i guess it's something serious." She said, "You don't have to tell me if it's crucial, i don't want to get you in trouble."

"It's fine, Hyejin. It's not like you won't know it tomorrow." He told her, "I went to Jinyowon earlier, the leader tasked me to see what was going on there. I found out that they already found Jin Buyeon."

"What?" Hyejin gasped, "Jin Buyeon... As in Jin Buyeon? The long lost daughter of Lady Jin that has been missing for over a decade?"

Sang Ho nodded, "Yes, it is her." He answered.

"Wait, that's impossible." Hyejin muttered, "How did you know that it was her?"

Sang Ho takes a deep breath, "It was the assistant gwanju who brought her there together with Lord Jin U-tak. At first i thought that it was just a trick but then she opened the doors of Jinyowon." He explained, "And only those who are member of the family can open it."

Hyejin winced, "Jin Mu brought her there?" She scoffed, "Gosh, what is that snake planning? That's just impossible, Buyeon has been missing for over a decade. Her family has been looking for her for a decade and not once did they find a trace of her bring alive, and suddenly Jin Mu found her? That's suspicious, don't you think?"

It took a while for Sang Ho to respond, but still nodded his head in agreement. "The leader, and Master Heo is suspicious of it too. But the girl opened the doors to Jinyowon, it is possible that Buyeon really returned." He said.

Hyejin sighed, she was about to respond when she caught the lamps that were lightning up the town. She groaned once she realized something, "This is supposed to be a date, why are we talking about work?" She complained.

Sang Ho smiled, "Then let's talk about something else, Hyejin." He said as the two of them arrived on the streets, "Are you hungry?"

Hyejin rose her brow up before placing a hand on her stomach, "I already had something before Uk, and i went back. Im not hungry." She said and was about to suggest something when her stomach suddenly growled, she winced before looking at Sang Ho, there was a look of amusement in his face as he waited for her to speak. "Gosh.. Okay, maybe im a little hungry."

Sang Ho chuckled, "Let's head to the pub, we should eat first before walking around." He told her before leading her towards the place.

As they were getting near the pub, Hyejin was taking a look around the stalls that were on the side of the street. Her eyes lit up once it landed on a stall that was selling jewelries. She immediately left Sang Ho's side and ran towards the stall.

Sang Ho narrowed his eyes in confusion when she suddenly ran away, he followed her with his eyes. His confusion was answered when he saw the stall she was running to. He shakes his head in amusement before walking after her.

"Ah, good to see you again, Young Lady Jang." Young Soo greeted, "Those rings have just arrived yesterday, they are new."

Hyejin smiled as she scanned the rings on the box that he placed in front of her, "Gosh, look at these beauties.." She muttered before taking a small diamond ring and wearing it on his ring finger.

"It looks good on you." Sang Ho stated.

"You think?" Hyejin chuckled before showing him the ring, the mage smiled before nodding his head as a response.

Hyejin turns her focus back on the rings that were on the box, "Oh, this looks perfect too." She said before taking a blue sapphire ring, "This too.. Gosh, why does everything looks good?"

Sang Ho watched her wear every ring she compliments with an amused smile on his lips, he can't help but admire the way her lips curled whenever she see something that fits her taste. Beautiful, was the only word he could think of.

"Why do i only have ten fingers?" Hyejin sighed before looking at the seller, "I want to take all of these."

Young Soo looks delighted that she will buy everything but he grimaced at the thought of her wearing everything, "Young Lady Jang, don't you think it would be too excessive if you wear all of that?" He asked.

"Excessive?" Hyejin asked before glancing at Sang Ho, "Does it look excessive?"

"I don't want to upset you, but it does, my lady." Sang Ho replied.

Hyejin pouted before glancing at the ring on her fingers, "Everything looks good, how do i pick one?" She sighed.

Sang Ho glanced at her hands, "The blue sapphire ring, it suits you." He said.

Hyejin rose her brow up before staring at the blue sapphire ring, she narrowed her eyes as she took a look on other ones. "Okay, i'll take the blue sapphire ring then." She said before taking the other rings off.

The seller smiled before nodding his head, "Should i get you a box?" He asked.

"No, i'll wear it now. How much is it?" Hyejin asked.

While Hyejin was talking to Young Soo, Sang Ho's eyes landed on a golden bracelet with a crescent moon as it's pendant. The side of his lips curled into a small smile before turning his gaze back to Hyejin, "Thank you, Young Soo." She said, "Come on, Sang Ho."

"Head there first, i just need to check something." He reasoned.

"Eh? What is it?" She asked.

"It's nothing to be concerned about." He told her before giving her an assuring smile, "Go now, i'll be with you soon."

Hyejin didn't look too convinced by his reason, "This won't take long, i promise." He said.

She was hesitating for a moment before she sighed in defeat, "Fine, but be fast okay? I won't wait for you if you take too long." She huffed.

"I will." Sang Ho promised.

Hyejin narrowed her eyes at him for the last time before walking away, once Sang Ho was sure that she was out of his sight, he faced the seller. "Can i take a look on that bracelet?"

---

It was almost midnight when the two of them went back to Songrim, after eating at the pub, which they surprisingly haven't seen Juwol due to the fact that Chwiseonru was crowded tonight.

They took a look at a few stalls that was around town, they spent most of the night walking around and talking about anything that does not involve any problems regarding Songrim.

They entered Jeongjingak and was now on their way back to their own chambers. The two of them walked upstairs, after a few more seconds of walking, they ended up in front of Hyejin's door.

"I enjoyed this night, Sang Ho." She spoke, "Thank you."

Sang Ho smiled before nodding, "Im glad you did." He replied, "We should do it again once we're free."

Hyejin pouted, "Considering the problems that are continuously arising in Songrim, it would be a long a time before we can go outside again." She muttered.

"We'll make time." Sang Ho told her.

Hyejin smiled before nodding, "I should go now, it's already late. You too, im sure you'll be busy again tomorrow. You should have enough sleep for that." She said and was about to open her door when Sang Ho spoke.

"Wait."

The girl turns around before facing him, "Yeah?"

Sang Ho cleared his throat before taking a small box outside his hanbok, Hyejin furrowed her brows in confusion as she wondered what it was. "Here.."

"What's this?" Hyejin asked before taking the box. She scanned it for a bit before she decided to open it. Her eyes widened once she saw a golden bracelet inside, it's pendant was a small crescent moon with small white beads on it's side.

Sang Ho gulped before clearing his throat, "I didn't know what else to give you. My plan was to give you a ring but you already bought one yourself and having too much rings on your hands are quite, Excessive." He explained before looking away, "You don't have to wear it, just keep it.."

"Sang Ho.." She muttered before a smile curled on her lips, "It's beautiful."

Sang Ho's face softened as he didn't expect that she would like it. His breath hitched once Hyejin engulfed him into a hug, "Thank you." She whispered.

The mage smiled before wrapping his hands around her, "Anytime, Hyejin." He responded.

Hyejin gave him a warm smile, she pressed a soft kiss on his cheek before pulling away. The sudden action made Sang Ho's eyes widen in shock. She took a step back before taking the bracelet out of the box and putting it on her right hand, "How does it look?" She asked as she showed him the bracelet on her hand.

Sang Ho blinked as he could feel his heart raising, "It looks.. Perfect on you, Young Lady Jang." He responded.

"You think?" She grinned before looking at him, "It's already getting late, Sang Ho. I have to go inside now."

Sang Ho nodded his head in a fast way, "Of course, have a good night, Hyejin."

Hyejin smiled, "Have a good night, Sang Ho." She said before walking inside her room. She waved at him before closing the door.

Once she was inside, a huge grin broke into her face. She kicked her shoes off before throwing herself on her bed, she took her pillow before screaming in it. "Shit!" She cursed before looking at the bracelet that Sang Ho gave her, she smiled as she admired it, "A crescent moon, huh?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83K 3.7K 48
Twenty-five year old Mina wasn't given any option than to go back to Gwangju when her friends Jeongyeon and Nayeon decided to hold their wedding in t...
3K 209 16
When two child meets again as adults something changes Go won ( Crown prince) - Why .. why you never told me this. Hwa young (Crown Princess) - I a...
6.5K 312 11
Hongjoong just sat on his bed looking at the man in front of him with an unreadable expression. Yeah, he spent the entire afternoon at his studio, bu...
1.1M 45.2K 58
COMPLETED "WHY? Why can't you be with me?WHY?" Jungkook questioned, his eyes spitting fire while his heart quivered in fear. But her next words left...