A Loner (Jailey - The Music F...

Bởi __Bizzy__

Jake was a loner. It's what he was and will always be. He's never had friends before; if you didn't include... Xem Thêm

Prologue Pt 2. The Miserable Life Of A High Schooler
Chapter 1: Aftermath Of A Fight
Chapter 2: Unlikely Start
Chapter 3: Stone Cold Simp
Chapter 4: The Cold Truth

Prologue Pt 1. A Freaky Loner Like me

566 8 27
Bởi __Bizzy__

Jake Sterling.

The most hated person at Rosemeadow High school. Sure. he might be the star quarterback, but he isn't liked at all.

He hums down empty, forgotten corridors while kids laugh at him.

You would think he'd get angry, but...you learn to get used to it. At least, that's how Jake thought of it.

He has no friends, even including his two siblings and Daisy Lockwood.

His siblings have always been there for him. He is too.

He just can't wait to get junior year over so he'd be closer to finishing high school. He hoped, at least, the beginning and rest of junior year would be easy.

But...life is crueler to him than to anyone else. That was, at least, what he thought.

------------------------------

Hailey walked along to the music room, humming a soft tune when she saw two boys picking on someone. Despite being disliked by many, she knew she had to act.

The two boys she knew well. One, the blonde, also tried hitting on her, Tyler Bolt. The other, the brunette one that looked like Tubbo, was Jason Richards. Those two were well-known popular kids and friends with Drew and his group.

Tyler had been holding what seemed to be a lighter to the kid's throat.

"Hey!" Hailey shouted, hands clenched on her notebook. The two boys looked at her.

"Hey babe," Tyler called out as he walked to her.

"I'm not your 'babe.' I don't even like you!" Hailey exclaimed, done with his bullshit, "And you leave him alone!"

"He's a freak," Jason said, "He deserves it." The guy smiled.

"Tubbo looking ass," The kid said, and Jason looked shocked and angry. He turned around and punched the guy in the gut. The kid leaned down, clenching his stomach as Jason, then grabbed the guy by the hair and smashed his head into the lockers.

Hailey covered her mouth as Tyler grinned, "Nice one, Jason," Tyler laughed.

"Aw, is mister Simpling going to cry?" Jason mocked, "Why don't we-"

"That is enough, both of you!" Shouted a teacher, cutting Jason off, "To the principal's office. NOW!" The teacher yelled, and the two left. Hailey rushed over to the guy crouched on the ground.

"Hey, you okay?" Hailey asked. The guy looked at her with a somber expression.

"I'm fine," He said, "You don't need to get involved." Hailey looked shocked.

"But-" She couldn't even finish what she said as the guy walked away.

Something about the guy was different. She remembers seeing him around the school but by himself most of the time. He's different.

Hailey liked different.

------------------------------

"Why did that girl help me?"  Jake asked himself. There was no point in helping something that was already a lost cause, "No one's helped me before, so why is someone starting now?"

He didn't know.

But he does know someone who could, Zoey, would be able to find out who she was.

See, Zoey was Jake's younger sister and one of the most popular kids in the school. Ironic that Jake is the most hated, but Zoey still hangs out with him.

Jake made it to his destination for lunch; the roof. The one place his bullies and the rest of the world didn't, and couldn't, bother him.

He'd see Zoey soon, but sitting on the roof was easier than chilling in lunch. That girl...why she helped him, he would never know, but what he did know was that she shouldn't.

"It's better this way,"  Jake thought, "If that girl tries to even talk to me or even befriend me, she'll be a laughingstock-"  Jake paused his thinking. He realized something.

"I shouldn't put any hope into her trying to be my friend. Heck. I bet she was trying to help some other kid,"  Jake thought.

"Not a freaky loner like me."

------------------------------

Hailey sat down at the lunch table and began eating her sandwich. She didn't even notice the pink-haired girl sitting across from her as her thoughts racked up.

"Who was that guy?"  Hailey thought, "He seemed so...used to being bullied."  Hailey thought.

"Um, Hailey?"

Hailey snapped out of her thoughts when she saw Milly looking at her with a confused expression.

"You okay? You seem to be out of it," She said, then gasped, "Do you have a crush on someone?!" She exclaimed, and Hailey blushed.

"What is this that I'm hearing about Hailey having a crush?" Luke asked as he and Zander sat down, Sean and Lia joining on the other side soon after.

"W-what! No!" Hailey exclaimed, "It's just...I saw this guy getting bullied, but when I was finally able to help him, he didn't want any." Hailey explained, and the others looked a little surprised.

"What did the kid look like?" Lia asked, "Tall, short,...handsome?" Hailey blushed, noticing Lia and Milly were still on the topic of crushes.

"He was tall, peach hair, and..." Hailey paused, "Hey, I think that's him." Hailey pointed to the guy talking with Zoey.

"Oh, Jake Sterling," Lia said, and Hailey looked confused.

"Who is he?" Hailey asked, and the others looked pretty shocked. Well, except Sean, "What?"

"How do you not know who he is?!" Milly exclaimed, "He's the most hated kid in the school, even when he's the quarterback!"

Hailey was shocked, "Well, I'm never really into the school drama or who's the most hated, but why is he disliked?" Hailey asked.

"Don't know, really," Luke said, "I think rumors were spread out about him, and then people just started to dislike him. Not sure why Zoey talks with him." 

"Well, Zoey's always a mystery," Lia said, and Milly scoffed.

"More like a snake that's poisonous to everything it touches," Milly said, and Lia laughed.

Hailey tuned out the other conversations, glancing at the guy talking with Zoey.

She wanted to know who he was and why? She doesn't know herself.

Hoped you all enjoyed the prologue. This was an idea I had for a while, and I'm glad to put it out there.

Hope you enjoy it.

See ya next time pals

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1.3M 57K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
135K 6.3K 35
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
59.9K 1.2K 46
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A PR relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando Nor...
471K 14.4K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...