Blue Moon

By iam_mari02

๐’€๐’๐’– ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’”๐’–๐’, ๐‘ฐ'๐’๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’Ž๐’๐’๐’- ๐’‹๐’–๐’”๐’• ๐’๐’†๐’• ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’• ๐’„๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๐’”๐’‰๐’Š๏ฟฝ... More

Aesthetic/Graphics
Playlist
Cast
Prologue
The Phantom Menace
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Attack Of The Clones
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Revenge Of The Sith
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Obi-Wan Kenobi Season One
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
A New Hope
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
The Empire Strikes Back
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Return Of The Jedi
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 10

2.5K 7 0
By iam_mari02

The twins and Padmé entered the stalagmite city. They stopped, looking around in wonder at the emptiness.

"It's empty!" said Padmé in a low tone.

They started forward. As they passed, the surface of the pillars seemed to pulse slowly and move. High above winged creatures grew from the pillars and detached themselves.

They crossed the square, reaching the middle. They stopped suddenly as four Geonosians grabbed them. The twins reached for their lightsabers.

"Wait!" shouted Padmé.

Twenty winged Geonosians carrying weapons alight on the flagstones in front of them. The Geonosians parted, and Count Dooku appeared. He bowed courteously.

"Senator Amidala, I've heard so much about you." Count Dooku said.

"Count Dooku, I assume." Padmé replied.

"I'm delighted to meet you at last. We have a great deal to discuss, Senator. I hope you can keep your young Jedi under control."

"Don't worry they're housebroken."

Count Dooku sat at a large conference table with Padmé on the far side. The twins stood behind her with four Geonosians standing behind them. Jango Fett stood behind Count Dooku, and six Geonosians guards stood behind him.

"You are holding a Jedi Knight, Obi-Wan Kenobi. I am formally requesting you turn him over to me, now." Padmé affirmed.

"He has been convicted of espionage, Senator, and will be executed. In just a few hours, I believe."

Count Dooku smiled.

"He is an officer of the Republic. You can't do that." Padmé replied.

"We don't recognise the Republic here, Senator. But if Naboo were to join our Alliance, I could easily hear your plea for clemency." Dooku stated.

Anakin grabbed his lightsaber but didn't turn it on.

"And if I don't join your rebellion, I assume these Jedi with me will also die?" asked Padmé.

"I don't wish to make you to join our cause against your will, Senator, but you are a rational, honest representative of your people and I assume you want to do what's in their best interest. Aren't you fed up with the corruption, the bureaucrats, the hypocrisy of it all? Aren't you? Be honest, Senator." Dooku said.

"The ideals are still alive, Count, even if the institution is failing."

"You believe in the same ideals we believe in! The same ideals we are striving to make prominent." Dooku replied.

"If what you say is true, you should stay in the Republic and help Chancellor Palpatine put things right." Padmé said.

"The Chancellor means well, M'Lady but he is incompetent. He has promised to cut the bureaucracy, but the bureaucrats are stronger than ever, no? Senator, the Republic cannot be fixed. It is time to start over. The democratic process in the Republic is a sham, a shell game played on the voters. It will not be long before the cult of greed, called the Republic, will lose even the pretext of democracy and freedom." Dooku affirmed.

"I cannot believe that. I will not forsake all I have honoured and worked for and betray the Republic. I know of your treaties with the Trade Federation, the Commerce Guilds, and the others, Count. What is happening here is not government that has been bought out by business... it's business becoming government!"

"Are you willing to betray your Jedi friends? Without your co-operation I can do nothing to stop their execution." Dooku stated.

"What is to happen to me? Am I to be executed also?" asked Padmé.

"I wouldn't think of such an offence. But...there are individuals who have a strong interest in your demise, M'lady. It has nothing to do with politics, I'm afraid. It's purely personal, and they have already paid great sums to have you assassinated. I'm sure they will push hard to have you included in the executions. I'm sorry but if you are not going to co-operate, I must turn you over to the Geonosians for justice. I've done all I can for you." concluded Dooku.

Jango Fett moved over to the twins.

"I'll take these weapons." Jango Fett said.

They hesitated.

"You may cause a lot of bloodshed, my young Jedi, but you will not escape."

"Anakin... Mary..." Padmé said.

They handed their lightsabers over to Jango Fett.

Four guards took hold of them. They were escorted out of the chamber to the sounds of chuckling.

☾☼

In the gloomy tunnel, Anakin and Padmé were tossed into an open cart.

Mary was in the cart behind them. The murmur of a vast crowd was heard offscreen. Guards extended their arms along the framework and tied them so that they stood facing each other.

The driver got up onto his seat.

"Don't be afraid."

"I'm not afraid to die. I've been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life."

"What are you talking about?"

"I love you."

"You love me?! I thought we decided not to fall in love. That we would be forced to live a lie. That it would destroy our lives..."

"I think our lives are about to be destroyed anyway. My love for you is a puzzle, Ani, for which I have no answers. I can't control it... and now I don't care. I truly, deeply love you, and before we die, I want you to know."

Padmé leaned toward Anakin. By straining hard, it was just possible for their lips to meet. They kissed.

"Finally!! It took you a long time!!" exclaimed Mary.

They laughed.

"I have no desire to be cured of this love either. Long or short, I vow to spend the rest of my life with you." Anakin said to Padmé.

They kissed again.

The driver cracked his whip over the horray harnessed between the shafts. The cart jerked forward. Suddenly, there was a huge roar and blinding sunlight as they emerged into the arena.

The great stadium was packed with tier upon tier of yelling Geonosians. The cart trundled to the center, where Obi-Wan was chained to one of four upright posts that were three feet in diameter. The cart stopped. Padmé, Mary and Anakin were taken down, dragged to posts, and chained to them. Padmé was in the center.

"I was beginning to wonder if you had gotten my message." Obi-Wan said.

"I retransmitted it as you requested, Master. Then we decided to come and rescue you." Anakin answered.

"Good job!" said Obi-Wan.

Their arms were pulled high above their heads, and the cart drove away. There was another roar as Poggle the Lesser, Count Dooku, Nute Gunray, the Fetts and dignitaries arrived in the archducal box and took their places.

"The felons before you have been convicted of espionage against the Sovereign System of Geonosis. Their sentence of death is to be carried out in this public arena henceforth." Sun Rit said.

The crowd roared and cheered. In the box, Poggle the Lesser rose. The crowd became quiet.

"Let the executions begin!" Poggle shouted.

The crowd went wild.

"I have a bad feeling about this." Anakin said.

"I was going to say the same thing." Mary replied.

From different gates around the arena, three monsters were driven in. One was a Reek (bull-like), one was a Nexu (lion-like), and one was an Acklay (a kind of dino-lobster). They were driven in by Picadors carrying long spears and riding horrays. The Picadors poked the monsters toward the center, then retired to the perimeter.

The monsters tossed their heads, looking around, roaring or screeching. Then they caught sight of the four captives and started moving toward them.

"Guys, take the one the left. I'll take the one on the right." said Obi-Wan.

"What about Padmé?" asked Anakin.

Padmé had turned around and was pulling herself up by the chain to the top of the post. Within a moment, she was standing on top of it, trying to pull the chain free.

"It looks like she's already on top of things." Obi-Wan answered.

Mary looked again proudly at her friend. The Reek charged Anakin. He jumped up, and the beast hit the post hard. Anakin landed onto its back, wrapping part of his chain around its horn. The Reek backed off, shaking its head angrily, which tears the chain from the post.

Obi-Wan ducked around the post as the Acklay charged. It knocked the post flat, sending Obi-Wan sprawling. The Acklay crunched the post between its claws, freeing the chain.
Obi-Wan leaped up and ran towards one of the Picadors. The Acklay took off after him.
The Nexu arrived at Padmé's post and reared on its hind legs. One top, Padmé struggled to tear the chain free. The Nexu roared, displaying wicked, dripping fangs. In the archducal box, Nute Gunray beamed and rubbed his hands.

In the arena, Obi-Wan ran at the Picador. The orray reared up. Obi-Wan grabbed the Picador's long spear and pole vaulted over him. The chasing Acklay smashed into the orray. It went down. The Picador tumbled onto the sand, where he was grabbed by the Acklay and crunched.

Anakin's Reek started to buck. It charged around the arena with Anakin hanging on for dear life. He whirled the free length of chain around his head and castes it into the Reek's mouth. Its jaws clamped hard on the chain. Anakin yanked hard on the chain, turning the Reek, beginning to ride it.

The Nexu's claws dug deep into the post. The cat-like creature reached the top of the post and took a swipe at Padmé. She turned and the claw barely caught her shirt ripping it off, leaving superficial claw marks across her back. She hit the creature with her chain and it backs off down the pole. Then, Padmé jumped off the post into the air. She swinged around on the chain and whacked the beast hard on the head with both her feet. It tumbled back onto the sand.

In the archducal box:

"Foul!! She can't do that... shoot her or something!"

In the arena, Obi-Wan ran out from behind the fallen horray and threw the spear at the Acklay, hitting it in the neck. It let out a terrible screech and turned on him.
The Nexu sprung up and made to leap up at Mary. She moved to the side, slammed it on the post, jumped and twisted the chains around the neck of the Nexu, the monster with its quills managed to break the chains and Mary broke free.

Padmé finally managed to work the chain loose. Anakin came charging up on the Reek.

"You okay?" asked Anakin.

"Sure! Well, sort of." Padmé replied.

"Jump!!!"

Padmé leaped from the top of the post to land on the Reek in front of Anakin. He hauled her upright. The Reek charged away, around the arena. The Reek passed the wounded Acklay. The Nexu smelled the blood and turned aside to attack the Acklay. The two monsters fought. The crowd groaned and booed.

In the archducal box, Nute Gunray turned angrily to Count Dooku.

"This isn't how it's supposed to be! Jango, finish her off." Nute ordered.

Count Dooku motioned for the Bounty Hunter to stay put. Boba Fett was enjoying the spectacle.

"Patience, Viceroy... she will die. Maybe this is the way it's supposed to end."

Obi-Wan ran and jumped on the back of the Reek behind Anakin. Across the arena, the Nexu, having chewed up the Acklay, started to advance toward them.

☾☼

R2-D2 beeped.

"Yes, it has been rather a long time. Do you suppose something's happened to them?" asked 3-PO.

R2 beeped and whistled.

"Danger? Oh no, I shouldn't think so. It looks a very dull planet to me. They should be back shortly. Just stop worrying, R2."

☾☼

In the archducal box, Count Dooku felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned to see Mace Windu standing behind him. Count Dooku masked his surprise elegantly as he surveyed the arena and saw Jedi Knights standing at every entrance and exit.

"Master Windu, how pleasant of you to join us. You're just in time for the moment of truth. I would think these two new boys of yours could use a little more training."

"Sorry to disappoint you, Dooku. This party's over."

Mace Windu signalled, and at strategic places around the arena there were sudden flashes of light as about one hundred Jedi switched on their lightsabers. The crowd was suddenly silent. Count Dooku lips curled in slight amusement.

"Brave, but stupid, my old Jedi friend. You're impossibly outnumbered."

"I don't think so. One Jedi has to be worth a hundred Geonosians."

Count Dooku looked around the great theatre. His smile grew.

"It wasn't the Geonosians I was thinking about. How well do you think one Jedi will hold up against a thousand battle droids?"

Count Dooku signalled. Thousands of droids started to pour into all parts of the arena.

Mace Windu drew his lightsaber, Jango Fett drew his guns and fired at Mace, who deflected the shots. Jango Fett and Mace jumped into the arena, where they fought. Boba Fett watched his dad and the Jedi Master fight. The battle began. Geonosians flew away everywhere. Droids fired at Jedi, who deflected the bolts and cut down the droids. The Geonosian troops fired ray guns that were more difficult for the Jedi to deflect.

The Reek and the Nexu were spooked by the battle. The Reek bucked the riders off its back and stampeded around the arena, trampling droids and Jedi that had moved into its path. Padmé picked up a discarded pistol and joined the fight. Several Jedi ran to the center of the arena and tossed lightsabers to Obi-Wan, Mary and Anakin.

Among the crowd, Jedi cut down swaths of Geonosians and droids. On the sand, Jedi fought, attacking droids. Obi-Wan and the twins swinged their lightsabers, cutting Droids in half. Padmé blasted away at droids and Geonosians.

R2 whistled.

"I don't hear anything. You're scaring me! Stop imagining things!" said 3-PO.

Among the tiers, Jedi were slowly being driven back. They had killed heaps of Geonosians and have knocked out piles of droids, but sheer numbers were telling. Individual Jedi were being cut down or blasted. The rest were retreating into the arena. Anakin and Padmé were back-to-back, fighting droids and flying Geonosians. Mace Windu fought fiercely with Jango Fett. Finally, the Bounty Hunter fell. His helmet went flying, bouncing down the steps, tumbling and rolling, kicked here and there by random feet. The Bounty Hunter's body fell to the ground.

Mace Windu ran to the center of the arena and fought back-to-back with Obi-Wan, as they swiped and mangled droids. Mary joined them.

"Master...there are too many of them." Mary said.

"Someone's got to shut down these droids." Obi-Wan continued.

"Don't worry! It's being taken care of!" replied Windu.

Ki-Adi-Mundi leaded a raiding party of about twenty Jedi through the lines of parked Battle Star ships. They cut a swath through masses of droids until they arrived at the Command Star ship. Some Jedi fell. The rest cut their way up the ramped and into the Command Ship.

Ki-Adi-Mundi and the surviving Jedi fought their way through the corridors of the Command Ship, deflecting laser bolts, slicing droids.

They burst onto the bridge and chopped down the command droids. The Neimodians fled in all directions. Ki-Adi-Mundi leaned over the control panel. He located the illuminated master switch and punched down on it. It went dark. Instantly, all the droids on the Star ship and all the droids in the arena froze!

There was a moment of stunned silence, then the Jedi cheered. One the bridge, Plo Koon clapped Ki-Adi-Mundi on the back.

"We've done it! Now we have a chance!" Plo Koon said.

Suddenly, there was a harsh beeping sound. All the droids on the Star ship and all the droids in the arena started fighting again! Ki-Adi-Mundi stared in disbelief and dismay.
"The system's off but they're still active. That's a new feature. They are independent of the control system." Ki-Adi-Mundi said.

Mace Windu, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mary, Padmé and an exhausted group of about twenty Jedi stood in the center of the arena surrounded by a ring of battle droids. The bloodied sand around them was strewn with the bodies of dead Geonosians, shattered droids and Jedi.

At the foot of some steps, Boba Fett found his father's battered helmet. He picked it up.
Ki-Adi-Mundi and the survivors from the raiding party were herded into the arena by super droids. From the encircling tiers above, thousands of battle droids levelled their weapons menacingly. In the archducal box, Count Dooku lift his hand. The droids lowered their weapons. The Count called out to the Jedi.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.4K 2K 61
๐”ธ๐•Ÿ ๐•ฆ๐•Ÿ๐•จ๐•’๐•ง๐•–๐•ฃ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ ๐•„๐•’๐•Ÿ๐••๐•’๐•๐• ๐•ฃ๐•š๐•’๐•Ÿ. ๐•Ž๐•™๐• '๐•ค ๐••๐•’๐•ช๐•ค ๐•ก๐•’๐•ค๐•ค ๐•™๐•š๐•ž ๐•“๐•ช ๐•š๐•Ÿ ๐•’ ๐•™๐•’๐•ซ๐•– ๐• ๐•— ๐•“๐•๐•’๐•ค๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•—๐•š๐•ฃ๐•– ๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•• ๐•“๐•๐• ...
252K 6.8K 61
The last person in the galaxy you would ever want to be trapped with inside a little ship in space was your arrogant, cruel master- Anakin Skywalker...
7.6K 264 179
Mฬถyฬถ ฬถnฬถaฬถmฬถeฬถ ฬถiฬถsฬถ ฬถLฬถuฬถnฬถaฬถ ฬถSฬถnฬถoฬถwฬถ ฬถRฬถaฬถmฬถsฬถeฬถyฬถ.ฬถ No. Mฬถyฬถ ฬถnฬถaฬถmฬถeฬถ ฬถiฬถsฬถ ฬถLฬถuฬถnฬถaฬถ ฬถSฬถnฬถoฬถwฬถ. Never has been. My name is Luna. Iฬถ ฬถaฬถmฬถ ฬถEฬถc...
23.8K 831 41
๐๐š๐๐ฆรจ ๐€๐ฆ๐ข๐๐š๐ฅ๐š ๐— ๐Œ๐š๐ฅ๐ž ๐‘๐ž๐š๐๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ก๐š๐ง๐ญ๐จ๐ฆ ๐Œ๐ž๐ง๐š๐œ๐ž:โœ… ๐€๐ญ๐ญ๐š๐œ๐ค ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‚๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ฌ:โœ… ๐‘๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ž ๐Ž๐Ÿ...