Blue Moon

By iam_mari02

𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒏, 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒐𝒏- 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒊�... More

Aesthetic/Graphics
Playlist
Cast
Prologue
The Phantom Menace
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Attack Of The Clones
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Revenge Of The Sith
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Obi-Wan Kenobi Season One
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
A New Hope
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
The Empire Strikes Back
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Return Of The Jedi
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 8

2.6K 6 0
By iam_mari02

The Starfreighter landed in the giant port city of Theed.

Padmé, Anakin, Mary and R2-D2 were among the emigrants streaming from the Starfreighter and into the vast docking area. They exited onto the main plaza.

The speeder bus pulled up and stopped. They got out. The great courtyard stretched out before them, and they saw the rose-colored dome of the palace on the far side. They picked up their gear and started to cross the courtyard. R2 trundled behind them. Anakin, Mary and Padmé walked toward the palace. R2 continued to follow.

Queen Jamillia was seated on the throne, flanked by Sio Bibble and a couple of advisors. Four handmaidens stood close by, and guards were at the doors.

"We've been worried about you. I'm so glad you're safe, Padmé."

"Thank you, Your Highness. I only wish I could have served you better by staying on Coruscant for the vote."

"Given the circumstances, Senator, you know it was the only decision Her Highness could have made." Sio Bibble said.

"How many systems have joined Count Dooku and the separatists?" asked the Queen.

"About two hundred. And more are leaving the Republic every day. If the Senate votes to create an army, I'm sure it's going to push us into a civil war." replied Padmé.

"It's unthinkable! There hasn't been a full-scale war since the formation of the Republic!" added Sio Bibble.

"Do you see any way, through negotiations, to bring the separatists back into the Republic?" asked the Queen.

"Not if they feel threatened. The separatists don't have an army, but if they are provoked, they will move to defend themselves. I'm sure of that. And with no time or money to build an army, my guess is they will turn to the Commerce Guilds or the Trade Federation for help." Padmé replied.

"The armies of commerce! Why has nothing been done in the Senate to restrain them?" asked the Queen.

"I'm afraid that, despite the Chancellor's best efforts, there are still many bureaucrats, judges, and even Senators on the payrolls of the Guilds."

"It's outrageous! After all of those hearings, and the four trials in the Supreme Court, Nute Gunray is still the Viceroy of the Trade Federation. Do those money mongers control everything?" said Sio Bibble.

"Remember, Counsellor, the courts were able to reduce the Federation's armies. That's a move in the right direction."

"There are rumours, Your Highness, that the Federation Army was not reduced as they were ordered." said Padmé.

"The Jedi have not been allowed to investigate. It would be to be too dangerous for the economy, we were told." Anakin said.

"We must keep our faith in the Republic. The day we stop believing democracy can work is the day we lose it." the Queen stated.

"Let's pray that day never comes."

"In the meantime, we must consider your own safety." added the Queen.

Sio Bibble signalled. All the other advisors and attendants bowed and left the room.

"What is your suggestion, Masters Jedi?" asked Sio Bibble.

"They're not Jedi yet, Counsellor. They're still Padawan learners. I was thinking..." said Padmé.

"Hey, hold on a minute!" intervened Anakin.

"Excuse me! I was thinking I would stay in the Lake Country. There are some places up there that are very isolated." Padmé replied.

"Excuse me?! We are in charge of security here, M'Lady."

Mary looked at Anakin in shock.

Sio Bibble and the Queen exchanged a look. Something was going on here.

"Ani, my life is at risk, and this is my home. I know it very well... that is why we're here. I think it would be wise for you to take advantage of my knowledge in this instance." Padmé stated.

"Sorry, M'Lady." Anakin apologized.

"She is right. The Lake Country is the most remote part of Naboo. Not many people and a clear view of the surrounding terrain." Sio Bibble added.

"Perfect. It's settled then."

Anakin glared at Padmé. Then the Queen got up, and they all started to leave.

"Padmé, I had an audience with your father yesterday. I told him what was happening. He hopes you will visit your mother before you leave... your family's very worried about you." the Queen concluded.

Padmé looked worried. They all exited down the main staircase.

☾☼

People were passing through the little street, old men were sunning themselves, women were gossiping, kids were playing. Anakin, Mary, Padmé and R2 turned onto a side street. Anakin and Mary were back in their Jedi robes. Padmé wore a beautiful simple dress. She stopped, beaming.

"There's my house!" said Padmé.

Padmé started forward; the twins hanged back.

"What? Don't say you're shy!"

"No, but we..." Anakin said.

Suddenly, there were shouts from two little girls, Ryoo and Pooja. They came running toward Padmé.

"Aunt Padme!! Aunt Padme!!" yelled the girls.

"Ryoo!! Pooja!!" yelled back Padmé.

Padmé scooped up the girls and hugged them.

"I'm so happy to see you! These are Anakin and Mary. Anakin and Mary, this is Ryoo, and this is Pooja."

Anakin, Mary and the girls said hello shyly. Then:

"R2!!!" shouted the girls.

As they saw the droid, they hugged him. R2 whistled and beeped. Padmé laughed. They went on toward the house. The girls stayed and played with R2.

Sola, Padmé's beautiful older sister, came in from the kitchen carrying a big bowl of food.

"They're eating over at Jev Narran's later, Mom. They just had a snack. They'll be fine."

Sola put the bowl down on the table, where Anakin, Mary, Padmé and Ruwee Naberrie (Padme's father) were coming into the room.

"Anakin and Mary, this is my sister, Sola."

"Hello, Anakin and Mary."

"Hello." Anakin said. "Hi." Mary continued.

Sola sat, as Jobal Naberrie (Padme's mother) came in with a heaped bowl of steaming food.

"You're just in time for dinner. I hope you're hungry, guys." asked Padmé's mother.

"A little." replied both.

"They're being polite, Mom. We're starving."

"You came to the right place at the right time. Sit down." concluded Padmé's father.

Everyone sat and started passing food.

"Honey, it's so good to see you safe. We were so worried." Jobal said to Padmé.

Padmé gave Jobal a dirty look. Ruwee smiled as he watched.

"Dear..." said Ruwee.

"I know, I know... but I had to say it. Now it's done."

"Well, this is exciting! Do you know, Anakin, you're the first boyfriend my sister's ever brought home?" said Sola.

"Sola!! He isn't my boyfriend! He and his sister are the Jedi assigned by the Senate to protect me." Padmé explained.

"Bodyguards?! Oh, Padme! They didn't tell us it was that serious!" exclaimed Jobal.

"It's not, Mom, I promise. Anyway, Anakin and Mary are friends. I've known them for years. Remember that little kids who were with the Jedi during the blockade crisis?" asked Padmé.

They nodded.

"They grew up." Padmé concluded.

"Honey, when are you going to settle down? Haven't you had enough of that life? I certainly have!" asked Jabal.

"Mom, I'm not in any danger."

"Is she?" asked to the twins.

"Yes... we're afraid she is." replied Anakin.

"But not much."

☾☼

Padmé threw some things into a bag. Mary helped her.

"Don't worry, this won't take long." stated Padmé.

"I just want to get there before dark." said Anakin.

"Don't worry Ani, we have still time before dark." reassured Mary.

"You still live at home." said Anakin.

"I move around so much... I've never had a place of my own. Official residences have no warmth. I feel good here. I feel at home."

"We never had a real home. Home was always where Mom was." Anakin stated.

"It was always just the three of us." continued Mary.

She continued packing.

A water speeder driven by Paddy Accu, the retreat caretaker, skimmed across the lake away from the island landing platform where a chrome Naboo Star ship rested. Anakin, Mary and Padmé were sitting in the speeder as it skimmed away to where a lodge rose on a beautiful island in the middle of the lake.

Anakin and Padmé walked up the stairs from where the water speeder was parked onto a terrace overlooking a lovely garden. Behind them, Paddy Accu supervised two serving girls, Nandi and Teckla, as they carried the bags into the Lodge.

Anakin and Padmé stopped at the balustrade. Mary sat on the beach and thought of many things and without realizing it a tear fell on her face, followed by many others.

Suddenly she heard footsteps and saw Padmé went away from his brother. Intrigued she reached him and asked him, "Are you all right?!"

"Yes, and you?" replied Anakin.

"Yes..."

"Don't lie to me, your eyes are swollen with tears. What happened?" asked him to his sister.

"Nothing, don't worry."

Anakin not believing his sister, hugged her to console her.

She reciprocated and told him, "Thanks Ani for always being there for me, I love you, big brother."

"I'll always be there for you, Mary, I love you too, little sister." Anakin said.

The silent lodged. The triple moons of Naboo reflected in the tranquil waters of the lake. Anakin moved restlessly in his sleep. He muttered to himself. Sweat forms on his forehead. He turned violently. He cried out.

"No...No...No...Mom!...Don't, no, don't!" yelled Anakin.

Mary ran to his room and found him awake, sweating, on his bed.

"Anakin... did you have another nightmare?" asked his sister.

"Yes, about mom, she's suffering, she is in pain...they're killing her!" said Anakin.

"Anakin go to Mom...I'll stay with Padmé." said Mary.

"No, I can't leave you." Anakin replied.

"We'll go together." Padmé said, at the door. "That way you can continue to protect me, and you won't be disobeying your mandate."

"What about Master Obi-Wan?" asked Anakin.

"I guess we won't tell him, will we?" said Padmé.

☾☼

Anakin, Mary and Padmé stepped onto the landing platform from the water speeder. They entered the Naboo Star ship. R2 beeped, and followed them on board. The ramp retracted. Paddy Accu drove the water speeder away from the platform as Anakin's Starship took off. The Naboo Star ship headed toward the desert planet of Tatooine. The Naboo Starship landed in a large parking lot of Spaceships on the outskirts of Mos Espa. Anakin, Mary and Padmé rode a rickshaw through the streets. Anakin and Mary stared at sights they hadn't seen for years. Finally, they came to Watto's shop, and the rickshaw stopped.

The twins and Padmé got down. Sitting on a stool in front of the shop was Watto. He was using a small electronic screwdriver on a fiddly droid. Three pit droids were chattering away and were trying to help him, but they seemed only to make him madder.

"No, not that one - that one!" yelled Watto in Huttese.

"Excuse me, Watto." said Anakin.

"What?"

"My brother said "Excuse me"." Mary said in Huttese.

Watto turned to the chattering pit droids.

"Shut down." replied in Huttese

The pit droids snapped into their storage position.

"What? I don't know you... What can I do for you? You look like a Jedi. Whatever it is... I didn't do it." Watto said in Huttese.

Watto dropped the screwdriver and cursed loudly in Huttese.

"Let me help you with that." Anakin added.

Anakin took the fiddly piece of equipment and started to play with it. Watto blinked in surprise.

"We're looking for Shmi Skywalker." Mary said.

Watto looked at them suspiciously. He stared at Padmé, then back to the twins.

"Ani?? Little Mary?? Naaaah!!"

Suddenly, the fiddly piece of equipment in Anakin's hands whirred into life. Watto blinked at it.

"You are Ani and Mary! It is you! You little womp rats."

Watto gave the twins a big hug.

"You sure sprouted Weehoo! Jedi! Waddya know? Hey, maybe you couldda help wit some daedbeats who owe..." said Watto.

"Our mother..." said Anakin.

"Oh, yeah. Shmi... she's not mine no more. I sold her."

"Sold her..." repeated Mary.

"Years ago. Sorry, but you know, business is business. Sold her to a moisture farmer named Lars. Least I think it was Lars. Believe it or not, I heard he freed her and married her. Can ya beat that?" said Watto.

"Do you know where they are?" asked Mary.

"Long way from here... someplace over on the other side of Mos Eisley, I think..."

"We'd like to know." Anakin stated.

Anakin's grim look meant business; Watto got the hint quickly.

"Yeah... sure... absolutely. Let's go look in my records."

Anakin, Mary and Watto went into the shop.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.5K 1.1K 19
Anakin Skywalker has been Darth Vader for 6 months, when the Emperor sends him to Naboo on a mission. There he finds Padmé in hiding with two twin b...
8K 318 43
"𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚎, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚘" "𝚆𝚑𝚢? 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚜𝚊𝚢?" 𝙼𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚋𝚛𝚎�...
15.3K 344 31
Our actions define our legacy "𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯, 𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘶𝘱 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘶𝘴," 𝘴�...
17.2K 1K 104
2 years had passed since the last book. Luke and Ines are married for 5 years now, living a calm life with their 3 kids and family, but a sudden dist...