ride till we die

By nevcau

Fast and furious based novel. Oc based. Read first page to gain a better ish insight on book contents. More

small info dump
chapter 1 : long ago promises
chapter 2 : many goodbyes
chapter 3: life goes on
chapter 4 : race plans
chapter 5 : the set up
character portfolio
chapter 6: freindly talk
chapter 7 : race day
chapter 8: race day part 2
chapter 9 : the final line
chapter 10 : new rights
chapter 11 : small debts
chapter 12 : growing up
chapter 13 : the news
chapter 14 : the calm before the storm
chapter 15 : one happy moment
chapter 16: gift giving
chapter 17 : core memory
chapter 18: pre plan
chapter 19 : smashed
chapter 20: journeys
chapter 21: the world turns dark
chapter 22 : life draining
chapter 23: present life
chapter 23: returns
chapter 24 : fun and games
chapter 25 : loser
chapter 26: you asshole
chapter 27 : growing suspicion
chapter 28 : i dont like him
chapter 29 : deeper meanings
chapter 30 : drunk admission
chapter 31 : cold feeling
chapter 32: Rage
chapter 33 : dont make me regret this
car list
chapter 34 : leave me alone
chapter 35 : twist
chapter 36: jelousy
chapter 37: feeling whole
chapter 39 : safe but not
chapter 40 : scum
chapter 41 : happiness ends with you
chapter 42 : happiness ends with you P2

chapter 38 : mistakes were made

6 0 0
By nevcau

HAILEE POV
♤♤♤♤♤♤

"I swear to god how slow do you have to be" I urge taylor pushing her shoulder as she slowly flicks through her keys.

"Sorry am I too slow for you let me just..." She replies sarcastically as she moves slower.

I give her one last shove my face angry as i dance about on the spot.

She chuckles unlocking the door.

I slam past her running towards what I assume is the toilet.

I was right.

"Pfff you good" taylor calls out as I come out the toilet.

"Any longer and I would have had an accident" I laugh coming into the room only to stop

TAYLORS APARTMENT

"did I just walk into a bachelor pad?" I question looking around the apartment as I move to the kitchen.

Taylor only laughs as she moves around putting the various snacks and drinks we bought in their respected places.

I bounce over and take a bottle from taylors hand before she could put it in the fridge.

I then shuffle back and sit on the counter behind me.

"Need help with that" taylor questions her eyebrows raised as she looks at me struggling to open the bottle.

I sigh and hold it out for her to take she effortlessly opens the bottle with a ring on her finger which I will admit did something to me.

She takes a swig of my drink and then hands it back to me her phone buzzes.

She leans back on the counter behind her and starts to text on her phone.

I open my mouth to argue but ultimately decide I have no effort to.

I look around the room my eyes landing on a speaker placed underneath the stairs.

I smirk to myself before jumping off the counter and making my way over.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_

TAYLORS POV
○◇○◇○◇○◇○

I frown at my phone as I look at the text I'd be sent.

Sighing I reply to the message hoping to be left alone only to receive a message straight back.

I roll my eyes readying my reply only to pause.

Music since when was oh.....

I look up from my phone to find hailee dancing around my apartment.

Her face light up with happiness as she sings to the music.

Not letting the opportunity pass I start to record her laughing as she continues to sing and dance.

Hailee stops signing and looks over at me.

"HEY" She shouts in shock before  bolting towards me.

I lift my phone way above my head already knowing what she was planning.

"No fair T delete it I bet I sound horrendous" She pleads clutching onto my shirt standing on her tippy toes trying to drag the phone out of my hand with her finger tips.

"Don't think I will sunshine" I smile letting out a small snort.

Hailee stops struggling and looks me in the eyes her face drawn puppy dog style.

"No No nooo no you know I can't resist" I plead trying to remove her from me.

She persit harder which makes me sigh dropping my hand in defeat.

Smiling in triumph hailee takes the phone from my hand swaying to the music as she moves away from me looking down at the phone.

I take the opportunity to get a drink.

Opening the bottle I move to change the music hating what ever hailess put on.

"Shawn mendes fuck no" I retort in disgust changing the music to chase Atlantic.

Hailess turns to her head to me side eyeing me.

I move over to my  bigger Couch plopping down with a heavy thud.

Hailee moves over to join me sitting next to me her legs under her.

"Here" She hands me back my phone her hand lingering a little bit as she does.

I slightly throw my phone onto the coffee table in front of me.

Hailee looks about tucking her hair behind her ear.

God this girl.

She takes a sip from her drink  as she let's it rest on her knee she looks like she battling over something.

I decide not to push it and start to drink from my bottle.

"Can.....can I ask you a question" She ask hesitantly her eyes looking at me then back at the floor.

I unconsciously swallow.

"Shoot" I reply trying to sound casual and not at all nervous.

She stays silent for a few seconds clearly mulling over her words.

"Wh....why....why di...why did you leave" She struggles out in broken fragments taking a big sip from her drink once finished.

I let out a sigh knowing this day would come.

I put my drink on the  coffee table and keep my eyes trained to the floor my feet firmly planted my fingers  resting above my lip.

"I...honestly .....when I first left ... I left to experience the world" I smile to myself memory's flooding my mind.

Those quickly turn grave my Jaw tightnes before I continue.

Hailee shuffles beside me clear attention on me.

"It was great for a while I went to Tokyo learnt drifting and other things out there then next to rio thays when things went south" I recall back my voice light with fondness only to crack at the end.

Hailee puts her hand on my shoulder I didn't know if it was to comfort or tell me I didn't have to continue I ultimately decide to continue.

"When in rio I raced And I mean I raced alot different cars, people, risk ever time" I clench my hands in a attmept to keep my anger down.

"Until one day I was caught up in something that till this day I wish I never said yes to" my eyes start to sting my jaw tightening.

Hailee stays silent but still has her hand on my shoulder.

" I got involved with someone  who went by the name of Mr nobody said he was an aquantance of my mum and dad and required my help"i take a breath and drink before continuing.

"This set no alarms off in my head at the time and to this day still doesn't however the things I did under the contact of him would have some people rolling in their grave" I chuckle darkly still in shock I told her that.

" I helped people hell I hurt  more people than I helped just because that was my orders not to question but to do"

" I went around the world mission after mission futher and futher into the rabbit hole of fights , chases and enemies"

"This went on for what felt like ages...The feeling of  isolation....not being able to call text write email just in case... in case i put you all at risk.... just me and myself as company" a tear drips down my cheeck I let it fall.

Hailee moves beside me slowly moving closer and taking my hands.

I look up at her not knowing how she will look.

But her face screams sympathy and understanding.

But her eyes scream lounder sadness, concern anger.

I let out a shake breath before continuing.

" I let that go on for a couple more months before deciding enough was enough I went and set a meet with Mr nobody and demanded I return back to my old life"

" he must have had his check list completed because he agreed he even sent me back with a place to stay a job and a car" I laugh bitterly.

"I never wanted to leave for as long as I did trust me it pained me more than I thought it would but I vowed I wouldn't come back until I tied up all my lose ends and cut ties with my bad past" I look back up at hailee as a sign to tell her I was done.

Hailee stays silent and gets off of the couch walking away from me.

I feel my stomach sink the sadness filling did I just do the wrong thing.

I let my head hang between my legs.

Hailee comes back and sits right next to me again holding something in my face for me to see.

"You seem like you need a cold drink" She smiles  weakly in an attempt to make a joke as she  puts it in my hand for me.

I chuckle not sure how to react I put the bottle next to my already half drank one.

Hailee once again shuffles with her fingers her brain brewing a storm.

She let's out a sigh and moves towards me.

She slowly wraps herself around my side her arms wrapped around my torso her head resting on my shoulder.

I turn to her pulling her futher to me as I put my legs up on the couch.

Hailee moves even closer to me her arms now wrapped around my torso properly one of her legs slotted   between mine her other resting next to  mine her head resting under my chin as she lays her forehead on  my chest.

I squeeze her harder cradleing her head  to afraid she would let go and never come back.

"I understand why you probably did what you did and that doesn't make you a bad person in my eyes" She whispers to me looking up at me her eyes twinkling with sadness.

I only hug her more relived she doesn't feel repulsed or in disbelief over what I've done.

Authors note

Hiii all sorry for the long ass wait I haven't been feeling like writing well thay is until now.

You can thanks that random y/n thing that came on my fyp for that.

So now we know where taylor went and did I hope it made sense.

And I apologise for turning Mr nobody kinda into a bad person but tbf he gives that vibe.

Any way byeee or is it ....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 175 31
Virginia "Ginny" Barnes is the little sister of James "Bucky" Barnes. She never really fit in anywhere so she spent most of her time with her older b...
212K 6.1K 73
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1.1M 35.9K 62
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
6K 126 11
Losing her family at a young age isn't easy, but with her comeback in the sinners town Riverdale, a new bigger secret is revealed. The secret of Arab...