Love is Blind

By TaraLDeclan

^Top Five Finalist in the 2013 Watty Award^ ATTENTION: Due to publishing this is only HALF of the book. For t... More

Love is Blind
Preface
Chapter One: The Shooting
Chapter Two: A Family
Chapter Three: Georgia Collins
Chapter Four: Talking to Myself
Chapter Five: Reece Collins
Chapter Six: I was There
Chapter Seven: Open Eyes
Chapter Eight: It's Called Braille
Chapter Nine: Nothing to Do
Chapter Ten: Not That Bad
Chapter Eleven: A Book
Chapter Twelve: Lesson One
Chapter Thirteen: Shave
Chapter Fourteen: Never Be His Type
Chapter Fifteen: Nightmares
Chapter Sixteen: Twenty Questions
Chapter Seventeen: Lila
Chapter Eighteen: School Again
Chapter Nineteen: Learning the Stick
Chapter Twenty: Part One
Chapter Twenty-One: Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Two: Because of You
Chapter Twenty-Three: Lost
Chapter Twenty-Four: Starting Off Good
Chapter Twenty-Five: Maybe
Chapter Twenty-Six: He's Blind...Duh
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Are We There Yet
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Dog Part 1
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Part 2 Grow a Pair
Chapter Thirty: The Moment
Chapter Thirty-One: Everything is Different
Chapter Thirty-Two: Late Night Voice
Chapter Thirty-Three: Almost Date Time
Chapter Thirty-Four: Date Part One
Chapter Thirty-Five: Date Part Two **Special Chaper**
Chapter Thirty-Six: Back to School
Chapter Thirty-Seven: All This Noise
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Angel
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Payton's Past
Chapter Forty: Voice From the Past
Chapter Forty-One: Clair Part One
Chapter Forty-Two: Clair Part Two
Chapter Forty-Three: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter Forty-Five: Something's Up
Chatpter Forty-Six: Hope
Chapter Forty-Seven: The Call and the Promise
Chapter Forty-Eight: Hi Cutie
Chapter Forty-Nine: Some Good News
Chapter Fifty: Heart to Heart
Chapter Fifty-One: Special POV Chapter
Chapter Fifty-Two: Bad Day
Chapter Fifty-Three: The Lie
Chapter Fifty-Four: The Odds
Chapter Fifty-Five: The Fight
The Greatest Announcement of all Times
Buy the book!
New Book

Chapter Forty-Four: First Run

277K 3.3K 90
By TaraLDeclan

Chapter Forty-Four

Reece POV's

"Conner!" I call as I lean against the bottom of the stairs with Rider sitting on his hind legs.

"I'm coming, I'm coming, don't get you're panties in a knot," Conner calls as I hear his feet thundering down the stairs.

"I don't wear panties," I call back as I run my hand through my messy brown hair. Then, I stuff my hand into the front pocket of my hoodie as I wait for him.

Payton had the most amazing idea to run track again. I mean I will admit I was a little skeptic at first. The more I began to think about it however, I became more aware of the possibilities and Payton was right. If someone can ice-skate blind then I can run. Life is full of challenges; it's all just about what you make of them.

"Fine, fine, boxer's in a knot," Conner laughs as he reaches beside my side. "Let's go buddy," he adds as he grabs one my arms, I grab Rider's harness having him come with. "Reece, why didn't you ask anyone else to come with?" he asks me as he leads me outside. Payton went home a while ago to see her mom, which is fine with me.

"Because I am scared to see how it turns out with me running again. I haven't tried and don't want make a fool of myself in front of more people than you," I explain as Conner stops us and I hear the sound of a car door opening. Then, he helps me get inside. I feel around for the feet belt and fumble around attempting to buckle it. Finally I hear the clicking sound and Conner helps Rider into the back seat where he pants.

"What about your girlfriend?" Conner asks in a teasing tone. Then, I hear the sound of the truck starting.

"I want to be able to impress her the first time, because I'm not sure if I'll be able too," I explain leaning my head back onto the head rest.

"Well I am here for you brother," Conner says with a happy voice and I sigh smiling. Conner maybe crazy, but he is always there when I need him. He is always there for me no matter how bad things may get he is there.

"Thanks," I mumble as I sit down leaning my head against the rest behind it.

***^^*^*^*^*^*^**^**^^^^^^^^^^^^********

"So, just walk a lap around the track to get a feel for it again?" I ask Conner, raising my eyebrow in confusion. The turn my head to the side as I listen to the quietness around here, there is defiantly no one around here.

"Yelp," Conner says and I sigh as I take a hold of Rider's harness.

"Why is no one here?" I ask before I begin my walk. I am honestly not sure what time it is outside. I mean I want to come after everyone's gone, but I'm a little worried if it's dark.

"It's seven and there are no practices," Conner says casually. "Now get to walking!" he adds laughing and I groan taking a step forward. Why did I make him my coach again?

It was because he is the one who originally helped me learn how these things do and he was always really good at this stuff. I can feel the differences between the track and the turf. So feeling the difference beneath my feet I know where to stay.

After what takes a very long time because I am trying to be slow and remember my path and shutting my eyes imagining the track.

"Okay, you made it! I am very impressed, nice job," Conner praising me and Ride and I come to a stop. He claps his hand one to my shoulder in a proud way. "Now I would like you to do it again, but this time jogging," he instructs and my heart beats faster. I don't know if I can do this.

Hesitantly, I take steps forward trying to get my legs to move. Squeezing my eyes shut, I take in a deep breath and then force my legs to move. Slowly I begin to speed up my walk into a jog. As I jug I keep one hand securely on Rider's harness.

At first I stumble a little and mess up my feet, but finally after two minutes my legs decide to work and I jog. All too quickly my breath becomes short and I realize just how out of shape I am. Forcing myself to continue as I feel the burning spread through my legs as I force them to go quicker.

Slowly my breath comes out as pants and I slow down a little as I continue to push myself farther. "Done," Conner's voice calls to me.

Coming to a stop I lean down pressing one hand to my knee, as I bend over breathing hard. Rider is panting lightly by my side. Dang, I didn't realize I was so out of shape.

"Well you did well, you need work out more push harder to be able to get yourself back into shape," Conner states and as I breath heavily I nod my head.

"I can do that," I say between breaths. I am glad it did go to bad. Running again was amazing. Words cannot describe how great it was to run again. I feel like a part of myself has returned. I cannot wait for Payton to come see. I am bringing her with next time. It feels so great to push through my blindness and find a way to have something I use to be able to do again. I love running and it feels great to have hope I may be able to again.

Hey i know this is very very short!! I am truly sorry it is.

I have practice on thursday and homework, and my book is falling from not updating, o in return i updated.

Very short and awful but i posted!!!

I will post tomorrow night on two conditions.

1)580 vote on this chapter

so if you want an update i sugeest voting.

2) Do NOT complain about how short it is!I know! So dont tell me!!

I cannot help it!!!

Sorry if i sound mean i dont mean to i am wore out thats all!!!

PLEASE KEEP UP YOUR GREAT WORK

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

I want to thank you all so very much!! You are awesome!! So thank youso much!!

I love you you all!!

You mean the world to me!!

THANK YOU!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 116 9
[Featured on WattpadAnthologies] ~"Non-fictional Anthologies" RL ~ 23/11/2020 [Featured on Stori...
24.8K 744 29
I quickly rushed over with my hands ready to catch Yesha the same time as they stepped back, when she dropped in my hand I gave her a smile. "Thanks...
222 26 17
Reece looses both his parent to a suicidal-murder and his boyfriend ditches him. he moves in with his Aunt. he becomes friends with the neighbor. Je...
73.9K 4.7K 45
First off let me say that yes this is yet ANOTHER CL Stone Blackbourne Toma fan fiction. I have absolutely NO IDEA where I am going with this. It's s...