Shattered (Ross Lynch/R5 Fanf...

By xsophix

"Life isn't always easy. ... For nobody. ... But especially for me it's a living hell. ... Why did it have to... More

Chapter 1 II Counting Stars
Chapter 2 II Tears Of An Angel
Chapter 3 II It Was Enchanting To Meet You
Chapter 4 II Say Something
Chapter 5 II You Never Walk Alone
Chapter 7 II Big Girls Cry
Chapter 8 II The Heart Wants What It Wants
Chapter 9 II Part Of That World
Chapter 10 II Face To Face
Chapter 11 II Apologize
Chapter 12 II What Now
Chapter 13 II Stay With Me
Chapter 14 II Human
Chapter 15 II Angel
Chapter 16 II Pray
Chapter 17 II Leave Me Alone
Chapter 18 II Naturally
Chapter 19 II One Time
Chapter 20 II Count On Me
Chapter 21 II I
Chapter 22 II Intuition
Chapter 23 II Mad World
Chapter 24 II High Hopes
Chapter 25 II Smile
Chapter 26 II Feel Again
Chapter 27 II What Do You Mean?
Chapter 28 II Safe And Sound
Chapter 29 II Crazy
Chapter 30 II Thinking Of You
Chapter 31 II Dancing In The Sky
Chapter 32 II It Should Have Been Me
Chapter 33 II Poor Unfortunate Souls
Epilogue II Shattered

Chapter 6 II Let Her Go

694 25 2
By xsophix

italic again past, the rest is present. Enjoy.

----------------------------------------------

Chapter 6

Ross' POV

Rebecca was crying for like 20 minutes, till she finally calmed down. We're now sitting on her bed again, her glance is onto her hands in her lap. I just look at her. Come on, Ross. You have to say something. Break the awkward silence.

Ross: Are you okay?

Great (not the sarcasm).

Rebecca: Yeah, I'm fine. It's just really hard for me to talk about it right now.

Ross: You don't have to. I mean, I don't wanna pressure you. You can tell me later or not at all. It's up to you. It's your choice.

Rebecca: No, I'll tell you. You told me such an important thing from your past. I have to return the favor. I'm gonna tell you the reason, why MY parents abandoned me. It all happened a year ago, like I already said. My sister Jennifer just told me that she got her first boyfriend and I was so happy for her. She was 17. And I couldn't wait to meet him. ...

Rebecca: Tell me already! Who is it?

Jennifer: No, not happening. You have to wait.

Rebecca: How long? I can't wait anymore. I have to know it. NOW!

Jennifer: Gosh, sis, what's up with you?

Rebecca: I'm just so happy for you. Your first boyfriend!

Jennifer: I know right? This is so exciting.

Rebecca: But I really hope that he doesn't hurt your feelings. Otherwise he's gonna meet me. *clenched fists*

Jennifer: Whoa. Easy there sis. I'm pretty sure, he's the right one. I mean he's just so cute and so nice and romantic and-.

Rebecca: I get it. He's a keeper. You don't have to rub it into my face.

Jennifer: *grins* Are you jealous?

Rebecca: Of course I'm jealous. You're one year younger than me and you already have a boyfriend and you had your first kiss. I didn't have any of that. That's depressing for me.

Jennifer: Don't worry, sis. The right one will soon be here and then you're gonna have the most romantic first kiss ever. And then you're gonna lose your virginity to hi-.

Rebecca: Whoa whoa whoa. Not so fast. I'm not planning on getting pregnant anytime soon.

Jennifer: You know there is this thing called protection. You can use it to-.

Rebecca: Okay you don't to explain it to me. I know how it works.

Jennifer: *giggles* My little girl is growing up.

I just roll my eyes at my little sister.

Jennifer: But seriously. I don't know what I would do, if Jake breaks up with me. I would be devastated. I would probably kill myself.

Rebecca: Well, then I hope he's gonna treat you like a princess.

Jennifer: He will. I just know it.

She just shows her cheeky grin and I roll my eyes again. My sister something.

Rebecca: Anyway. I can already see you dreaming about your knight in shining armor, so I'm just gonna go to the mall because you know "I'm single and ready to mingle".

Jen throws her head back into her neck and uncontainable giggles escape her mouth. I just throw a pillow at her. She catches it and continues laughing. I swear I can still hear her and I'm now downstairs in the hallway.

I look at Rebecca with a smile.

Ross: You're sister seems really nice and funny.

Rebecca: She was. She was the best sister ever.

Ross: ... Wait. ... "was"?

Rebecca: Yeah. Anyway. I'm gonna tell you what happened in the mall. I just got out of Starbucks, when a guy ran into me. ...

Great. Now my shake is all over my new shirt.

Rebecca: What where you thi-?

I look up from my shirt and there stands probably the most handsome guy, I've ever seen in my entire life. He just shows a smile, while trying not to laugh, which I think it really cute.

?: Oh my god. I am so sorry. I wasn't looking. Come on. I'm gonna buy you a new smoothie and shirt.

Rebecca: Oh no you don't have to.

?: No I insist. Please.

I just look down blushing, while he smiles and shows his beautiful white teeth.

Rebecca: Okay.

?: By the way I'm Jake.

Rebecca: Rebecca.

Jake: Nice to meet you Rebecca. So, where would you like to go to? I have plenty of money to buy a new shirt for a beautiful girl.

I just blush more. Stop Rebecca. He's gonna see it. He just grabs my hand and guides me over to the next Forever21. When we're inside, I go through some cute tops, but then I suddenly see a girl running out of the store with her hand over her mouth and tears running down her face. She kinda looks like Jen, but I'm pretty sure that's just my mind playing games with me.

After 20 minutes Jake bought me three new shirt and a new skirt. He even wanted to drive me home. Isn't he cute? He parks in the street next to mine; he gives me his number and I give him mine. One last smile from him and me, then I get out of his car and walk towards my street. When I walk around the corner I can see the police and ambulance in front of our house. I start panicking. I run towards my house, but a police officer holds me back.

Officer: I'm sorry Miss, but you can't go in there now.

Rebecca. But I live here! What happened? Where's my sister and my parents?

Officer: You're parents are over there.

He points his finger towards my parents, who are holding each other while crying. I run over to them. When my father sees me approaching them his expression becomes angry and he starts yelling.

Dad: HOW COULD YOU?! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO YOUR OWN SISTER?!

Rebecca: I don't know what you're talking about. What happened?

Mom hands me a piece of paper with her shaking hand and I take it. I unfold it and read it.

"Dear mom, dad and Rebecca,

When you're reading this, then that means I'm not with you anymore. That I left you and the world forever. All because my first boyfriend ever, the love of my life cheated on me. I saw him in the mall with a girl. And that girl was none other than MY OWN SISTER. ... "

My eyes wide at the words "my own sister". It wasn't a coincidence that this guy had the same name as Jen's boyfriend. He was her boyfriend. I flirted and went out with my sister's boyfriend. I'm the worst sister in the whole wide world. I stare back at the letter and continue reading.

" ... So I did what I said I would do. You remember what I said Rebecca? I said, that I would kill myself, if Jake ever cheats on me. And he did. With YOU! How could you do this to me? You knew how much I loved him! But like I can see you don't give a sh*t about it. So I did it. I killed myself. Are you happy now Rebecca? I'm finally out of the way so you and Jake can have a bright and wonderful future. You don't have to worry about me anymore. ... You were my role model Rebecca. I looked up to you. Now you have to look up to me because I joined the angels in heaven. And it's all YOUR FAULT!

In honor and memory

Jennifer Adams, proud daughter of Andrew and Anne Adams and disappointed sister of Rebecca Adams"

I stare at the letter what seems like 2 hours, then I get waken up from my trance, when I see how the paramedics carry a body in a big black bag on a stretcher towards the ambulance. That's her. That's my sister. Dead. Because of me. I look at my parents with a hurtful expression on my face, while they just show their disappointment and hate towards me.

Mom: Rebecca. What you did is unforgivable. We don't want you to live with us anymore. You're old enough to live on your own. Figure out how to pay for a place to stay, but we don't want you anymore. You're gonna get nothing from us. With that we disown you now. Have a good life, Rebecca.

Dad: I was always so proud of you because you always look out for your little sister and that you guys always spent so much time together, but I never thought that it would end like this. I can't believe you would be able to do something like that.

Rebecca: But it was an accid-.

Dad: Hold it. It's not worth it. You're not our daughter anymore. Goodbye.

And with that, they turn around and leave me standing there with my hot salty tears streaming down my cheeks. With nowhere else to go.

I look at Rebecca with an expression like she looked at me after my story. Her story is so much alike mine, but at the same time so different. Rebecca guides her hands up to her eyes and wipes them.

Rebecca: That night I threw Jake's phone number away and I never ever talked to a guy in this time again. You're the first one after one year.

Ross: So, was the guy at the door your father or-?

Rebecca: Yeah. That was my dad.

Ross: ... And ... are you over it yet? After one year?

Rebecca shrugs her shoulders and looks at me with red and puffy eyes.

Rebecca: Kinda. I mean, I know I had to let her go someday, but not this soon. But I will never forget her. She will always be in my heart.   

Ross: That's nice of you to say. And I just want to tell you. In the future you will never be alone again. I'll stay by your side forever. If you want it or not.

Rebecca releases a sad chuckle.

Rebecca: You already said that.

Ross: Two are better than one.

Rebecca: Thank you Ross. You're the best.

Rebecca leans towards me and gives me a hug. I pull her down onto the bed, so her head lays on my chest and I have my arm around her waist. After a few minutes her breathing becomes slower and I know that she's sleeping.

I know exactly how she feels, but Rebecca can be sure that I'm gonna be here and when my rib is healed again, I'm gonna protect her. I'm not gonna let her get even more hurt. I'm never letting her go. For that she's just too special. I can't let her go.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

New chapter!!!

Next chapter there's gonna be a new POV and a new location, so be prepared.

xoxo

Love you all

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.1K 2.2K 56
"You're so incredibly strong to be able to live through such a difficult life. If that's not the true definition of beauty - being that strong - then...
900 19 19
(sorry about the cover I couldn't fit Rocky or Ratliff in I'll find pictures) [Completed] Amealia Brett's life to her is good, not much attention ev...
4.3K 112 19
𝟏𝟖+| I was said to be 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐲, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞... 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞. I had heard it so much...
3.3K 122 34
R5 has this competition where you can win to go on tour with them .  The competition is where you answer a whole bunch of questions that no one...