Chapter 6 II Let Her Go

italic again past, the rest is present. Enjoy.

----------------------------------------------

Chapter 6

Ross' POV

Rebecca was crying for like 20 minutes, till she finally calmed down. We're now sitting on her bed again, her glance is onto her hands in her lap. I just look at her. Come on, Ross. You have to say something. Break the awkward silence.

Ross: Are you okay?

Great (not the sarcasm).

Rebecca: Yeah, I'm fine. It's just really hard for me to talk about it right now.

Ross: You don't have to. I mean, I don't wanna pressure you. You can tell me later or not at all. It's up to you. It's your choice.

Rebecca: No, I'll tell you. You told me such an important thing from your past. I have to return the favor. I'm gonna tell you the reason, why MY parents abandoned me. It all happened a year ago, like I already said. My sister Jennifer just told me that she got her first boyfriend and I was so happy for her. She was 17. And I couldn't wait to meet him. ...

Rebecca: Tell me already! Who is it?

Jennifer: No, not happening. You have to wait.

Rebecca: How long? I can't wait anymore. I have to know it. NOW!

Jennifer: Gosh, sis, what's up with you?

Rebecca: I'm just so happy for you. Your first boyfriend!

Jennifer: I know right? This is so exciting.

Rebecca: But I really hope that he doesn't hurt your feelings. Otherwise he's gonna meet me. *clenched fists*

Jennifer: Whoa. Easy there sis. I'm pretty sure, he's the right one. I mean he's just so cute and so nice and romantic and-.

Rebecca: I get it. He's a keeper. You don't have to rub it into my face.

Jennifer: *grins* Are you jealous?

Rebecca: Of course I'm jealous. You're one year younger than me and you already have a boyfriend and you had your first kiss. I didn't have any of that. That's depressing for me.

Jennifer: Don't worry, sis. The right one will soon be here and then you're gonna have the most romantic first kiss ever. And then you're gonna lose your virginity to hi-.

Rebecca: Whoa whoa whoa. Not so fast. I'm not planning on getting pregnant anytime soon.

Jennifer: You know there is this thing called protection. You can use it to-.

Rebecca: Okay you don't to explain it to me. I know how it works.

Jennifer: *giggles* My little girl is growing up.

I just roll my eyes at my little sister.

Jennifer: But seriously. I don't know what I would do, if Jake breaks up with me. I would be devastated. I would probably kill myself.

Rebecca: Well, then I hope he's gonna treat you like a princess.

Jennifer: He will. I just know it.

She just shows her cheeky grin and I roll my eyes again. My sister something.

Rebecca: Anyway. I can already see you dreaming about your knight in shining armor, so I'm just gonna go to the mall because you know "I'm single and ready to mingle".