Chapter 8 II The Heart Wants What It Wants

Chapter 8

Five weeks later

Ross' POV

I can finally walk and stand up again. Over the last 5 weeks Rebecca literally strapped me to the bed. She wouldn't let me do anything. I can't blame her. She just did what Carla told her: "Do not let him move for the next four till five weeks!", but at least these 5 weeks are over now and Rebecca allowed me to move again.

Right now we're in her apartment and just goofing around. Since I haven't made a move in the last 5 weeks I'm chasing Rebecca right now through the apartment. You're asking why? Well, first of all the movement needs to come back into my bones and muscles and second, she scared me while I was making a sandwich in the kitchen and I dropped my sandwich. Now it's laying on the kitchen floor, while I'm trying to catch Rebecca. But what I didn't know, was, that she's extremely fast. But I finally have her after 5 minutes. When I wrap my arms around her small waist from behind, she starts squealing and giggling.

Rebecca: No! Please let me go! I promise, I will never ever scare you again, when you're making yourself a sandwich!

Ross: How comes I don't believe you?

Rebecca: Because you know me.

I grin at her and start tickling her sides. Squeals escape her mouth. I continue till she's out of breath, then I turn her body towards me, so she's facing me now. She's looking up to me and shows her beautiful smile. I tuck a strand of her soft hair behind her right ear and I can see her multiple earrings. I lead my hand up to her ear and touch her earrings, while examine them.

Ross: Did it hurt?

Rebecca: Getting earrings pierced?

Ross: Yeah. Especially so many.

Rebecca: It hurt less, than I thought it would.

My hand leaves her ear and goes to her lip now.

Ross: And how about this one?

Rebecca: It hurt a little bit more, but it was okay.

I examine her lips a little bit more, till Rebecca snaps me out of my trance.

Rebecca: Why are you asking so many question?

Ross: Just curious.

Rebecca raises an eyebrow at me and grins. I roll my eyes. Okay, she got me. 

Ross: Okay fine. ... I'm actually stalling.

Rebecca: Why?

Ross: ... There is something really important that I need to tell you, but I don't know how and if I'll tell I have no idea how you will react. Positive, negative, indifferent?

Rebecca: You know you can tell me anything.

Ross: ... I know ... , but I just don't wanna ruin our friendship.

Rebecca: This sounds serious. Is it good or bad?

Ross: Well, it's either good or bad. Depends on the reaction from you.

Rebecca: You're really confusing me Ross. Just tell me.

Ross: ... Alright. Remember the first day we met? In your apartment you gave me my phone because I wasn't allowed to move because of my rib?

Rebecca: Yeah.

Ross: Well, I actually never really told you why I wanted my phone. I wanted to break up with Alex, but she already broke up with me.

Rebecca: You wanted to break up with her over text?

Ross: No, I wanted to call her and afterwards meet up with her and then I wanted to break up with her because I met another girl and just from the beginning on I knew that one day I was gonna fall really hard for her.