Apex | Charles Leclerc

reesewoop

They say a successful marriage requires falling in love more than once, always with the same person. Nadia h... Еще

Chapter 0
Portrayals
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Announcement
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue Part 2
Epilogue Part 3
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #3

Chapter 40

15.3K 457 159
reesewoop

Hi guys!

I know I left you hanging with the last chapter so here ya go 😉

Btw Lock Up hit a million reads a few days ago like WHAT???? I literally cried when I saw it and even bought a cake for myself to celebrate HAHAHAHA Anyway, I just want to thank you all. I know that a lot of you came here after reading Lock Up and I'm grateful for the never ending support. Thank you for also keeping me entertained because you're comments are very amusing to read 😂

I promise I'm going to push through with the Discord/Telegram group I asked you guys about. I'm just a bit swamped with school right now hehe

Also, I'm in the middle of planning for my first F1 original story so let's see how it goes

Enjoy!

*****

July 13, 2025 - Monaco

I had one more race left to attend in the contract. The agreement was for me to be present in six and the French Grand Prix was my fifth. At the beginning of this, I expected myself to be done with it by now, going back to my normal life as if I never knew who Charles Leclerc was. I never knew I'd end up dreading my last race of the season.

He's tried contacting me, even knocking on my door a few times. Despite me telling him to leave my things with Sir Henri, he ignored my request and went straight to my apartment, my suitcase beside him. When I saw him through the peephole, I almost held the doorknob on instinct but pulled back when I remember what happened in France. Instead, I stood by the door as he waited on the other side. We spent the next half hour like that until he gave up and left.

When I was sure that he wasn't in my floor anymore, I opened the door and was surprised to see that he didn't just leave my suitcase. Right beside it on the floor was a cup of coffee and another sticky note.

N,

Can we please talk?

C

I picked it all up, throwing away the cup of coffee since I already made one for myself. I was about to do the same for the note when I hovered over the trash bin before shoving it inside one of the kitchen cabinets.

Every day since, a cup of coffee would be delivered at my doorstep at exactly eight in the morning. I expected them to stop when he went away for race weekends, but they didn't.

A few pictures of him and Rose from the French Grand Prix were published and he immediately shot down the rumors of him cheating, saying that they decided to remain as friends. It didn't help either that I was nowhere to be seen in the paddock during the last race.

Since I left abruptly, I never got to talk to Max after the race. As soon as he got back in Monaco, he invited me out for lunch and I agreed, knowing I needed someone to vent to. He was very patient and even laughed when I told him about the agreement. He knew I didn't need anyone for advice and I only wanted someone to listen to me. All he did was ask if I was okay and I replied I was fine.

Fine wasn't okay, but that was all I could be right now.

I drowned myself in my work, being reminded of how I sent myself into this spiral when my family died. I knew Sara and Remi noticed how late I'd stay at the office sometimes even though there wasn't much work to do. Honestly, it was because I couldn't stay alone in my apartment. I'm reminded of all the nights Charles stayed over and the hours we'd spend in the kitchen talking about nonsense over the piece of pastry I bought that day.

My nights were spent with any available minute listening to music. I bought some speakers when I came back from France and as soon as I arrived home from work, I'd play music nonstop. I wasn't choosy with the songs so I chose a random playlist that was long enough for it to run the entire time until I had to leave for work.

I couldn't stand the silence because if I allowed it to consume me, I'm going to see some very vivid memories in my mind.

I was currently having another cup of coffee, spending the entire weekend outdoors and going around Monaco. I was back at the Meeting Grounds and I was surprised to see it so full with customers when I arrived. Despite this, I managed to find a vacant seat, ready to spend the rest of my afternoon reading a book. So color me surprised when two of the staff members dragged out a projector and dimmed the lights a little. Everyone buzzed with excitement and I realized why when a livestream of the Silverstone race began playing.

Come on.

Unconsciously, I sank myself further into my seat, grateful that I chose to wear a cap today. The drivers were on their formation lap, and I could hear everyone in the cafe placing bets on who'd end up on the podium. Of course, most of them bet on their resident Monegasque, but a few mentioned Lewis and Carlos as well.

I tried so hard to focus on my book but the loud shouts of the crowd when someone made an overtake made it impossible. After twenty minutes, I ended up watching the race as well and looked up just in time to see Charles' car heading to the pits. The pitstop was flawless and he was out onto the track in no time, just getting ahead of Lewis by a few seconds.

He really is a talented driver and it's no surprise that he's got a few championships under his belt. Lewis was closing the gap with every lap and a dogfight between the two was inevitable since the race wasn't close to finishing yet. It was during this time that someone pulled out the chair beside mine and I looked up to meet blue green eyes, a scowl immediately forming on my lips.

"I'd think twice if I were you." I said and Nikolai just grinned at me before sitting down.

"Before you go all dragon mode and spit fire, I would like to apologize for how I acted." He began and I only raised an eyebrow in return. "I know I was a dick and I should've listened to you the first time. All I want is to get to know you, no romantic intentions at all."

"Why should I believe you?"

Nikolai shrugged his shoulders and smiled at me. "I don't think you're the type who needs to be convinced because you're capable of making your own decisions. Besides, you'll be seeing more of me in the office since Drivas Motors is entering a partnership with the UN. I wanted to clear everything because I don't like complications in my line of work."

I was silent as I assessed him. He looked like he was telling the truth and he was right. If I activelt show my dislike, everyone in the office would notice and it would make the professional environment more difficult.

"Fine." I said and he clapped his hands together in joy. "But if you place one foot out of line, I'm cutting you off."

"I'll give you the knife myself." He smiled and I shook my head at him.

Nikolai and I didn't speak as we both watched the race. There's just something about Formula One that makes the simple things about it so amazing. Every time at least two cars move alongside each other, I'm surprised at the amount of car control the drivers have. Sometimes, I'd quietly gasp when the wheel of one car would slot itself just inches from the side of another.

The race ended with Lewis winning and the Silverstone crowd was beaming. Charles finished in second with Max following behind him. As the top drivers of the top three teams made their way to the podium, Nikolai chose this as the time to strike up a conversation.

"So, why aren't you at Silverstone?" He asked and I crossed my arms over my chest, leaning back on my chair.

"I had work. You?" I said, keeping it short and straight to the point.

"My father's there and I don't want to spend the weekend being criticised by him." He sighed, ruffling his hair, and I'm caught by surprise with how honest he answered the question.

"I just forgave you half an hour ago and you're already pouring your daddy issues onto me." I smirked and Nikolai laughed, leaning his elbows on the table.

"Usually, when a friend opens up, you don't make fun of it."

"Oh, so we're friends now?"

"I'd like to believe we are."

I stared at Nikolai as he smiled at me. He still looks like the dickhead who wasn't aware of the word 'no' but in my gut, I knew his apology was sincere. He's not the type to grovel and lower his pride so him approaching me in the first place was something to take note of.

"My friends buy me snacks." I joked and I was surprised when he called a waiter over and ordered a plate of chips and a coffee for himself.

*****

July 24, 2025 - Hungary

"Shouldn't you be sleeping right now?" I asked Max when I entered the hotel lobby. I was about to head to the front desk to get the room key for my room.

Yes, my room. I don't want to share one with Charles and the lack of offers from him about it are making me think he doesn't one to share one either.

The only consistent thing is that he keeps delivering me a cup of coffee.

"I wanted to welcome you to Hungary." He said and then proceeded to yawn. It was already one in the morning and he needed to be up in six hours.

"That's very sweet of you but I don't think Christian Horner would appreciate a sleep deprived driver." I said, patting his cheek. "Go to sleep, Max."

"Goodnight, Nads." He sleepily said before kissing my cheek.

I picked up my key at the front desk, yawning as I entered the elevator. I wasn't able to get any sleep on the plane since I wanted to collapse on my hotel bed as soon as I got here. I couldn't finish all of the work I had because if I did, I wouldn't have an excuse to not talk to Charles the entire weekend.

When I stopped in front of my door, I tapped the key card and opened the door, dragging my suitcase behind me. It was when I closed the door that I noticed the room itself.

I told them to book me a single room that only had the necessities, not an entire suite that went with a balcony and a small kitchen. This was the usual type of room I'd stay in with Charles and a nervous feeling began brewing in the pit of my stomach as I walked further into the room, dragging my suitcase behind me.

At first look, nothing was out of the ordinary for a freshly prepared hotel room. The pillows on the sofa were arranged properly while a bowl of fruit sat on the coffee table. I was close to feeling relief when my eyes landed on a small object by the small dining table placed near the kitchen. I left my suitcase in the middle of the room and walked towards it, stopping when I was only a feet away.

It was an Oura ring.

Fuck.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

My eyes scanned the room before zooming in on the single door that was closed. On the other side of it was another door which revealed a bathroom.

He was here.

With lightning speed, I grabbed the handle of my suitcase and headed for the door, ready to rip a new one on the concierge who I explicitly told I wanted a separate room. I was four steps in when I heard the click of a doorknob.

"Nadia?" He voiced out. My feet stopped but I didn't turn around, hearing a slight shuffle from behind me. "What are you doing here?" His voice was groggy and when I turned around to see him rubbing his eyes to get rid of the sleepines he obviously felt.

"They made a mistake with my room. I'm going to ask them to give me another one." I grumbled, keeping my voice steady but all I wanted was to burst with everything going on in my head.

Why didn't you follow me? I practically confessed my love to you, looking like an actress in a drama movie who's been waiting for the right moment to profess her love. Are we ever going to talk about it? Why aren't you calling me Nova?

All of these questions swirled in my mind but one kept pushing to the front line.

Do you feel the same way?

"I meant what are you doing here? In Hungary?" He asked, fully awake now. Charles had his arms crossed over his chest as he looked at me. His body language was completely closed off but when my gaze lingered in his eyes, I think I saw a hint of guilt in them.

I frowned at him before coldly saying, "I'm holding my end of the deal. We agreed to six races and I've only been to five." I watched as his eyebrows furrowed, trying to recall what I was talking about. "The contract, Charles."

He nodded his head and clicked his tongue, the sound echoing throughout the awkward atmosphere. "Right." It looked like he wanted to say more but refrained himself from doing so. "Just crash here for the night. My team probably cancelled your request for a separate room in case it leaked to the press. I'll tell them to fix it tomorrow."

For the love of—

"It's almost two in the morning. I suggest you don't bother the hotel staff." He added and I glared at him.

"They should've done their job in the first place." I grumbled under my breath, knowing that he was partly right. I dragged my suitcase and placed it in the living room, knowing that there was no way I'd be walking inside that bedroom.

"I'll take the couch."

"No." I deadpanned and he sighed in irritation, running a hand over his face.

"Nadia, it's fine."

"I'm okay with the couch. Besides, you can't have sore back tomorrow."

"Then we can share. You don't have to put up with the couch when there's a comfortable bed."

"I know I don't have to." I said and I noticed my soft tone had caught him by surprise. My tone had lost its bite and it showed how tired I really was. "I just don't want to."

*****
This will be conflict number 2 (I think???) out of five from what I can think off the top of my head right now

I love cold Nadia lol

Reese

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

914K 18.6K 44
One year after breaking up with Charles Leclerc, Grace Diaz finally allows herself to have a fun night out with her best friend. After dancing with a...
32.9K 680 22
"I don't wanna see him, I can't. I'd never be able to look in his eyes again, because all I would think about is how it was all my fault." Celine Val...
Rise Up Batchia

Фанфик

51.1K 760 61
When I thought my racing career was over, fate gave me a big chance that brought me many ups and downs, new friends and enemies, new lovers and also...
37K 637 55
Trusting in something new is always going to be a hard expirience. No matter how scary or beautiful it would be, we have to let go and trust in ourse...