FATIMA (YOU series #2)

By hynoarchives

Multiple lapses in judgement lead Fatima into an arranged marriage. But the young girl uses it as an opportun... More

Welcome
Character aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Author's Note

Chapter 12

315 27 0
By hynoarchives

                     Some children are just born with tragedy in their blood.

- Unknown.

Ibrahim

I stood with Ammi and Aunty Fanna as they instructed the maids on where to take the unloaded boxes.

"How many are there?" I asked.

"27. We needed an entire cargo plane," Ailah answered, arriving next to me.

"Isn't that extreme?" I asked, and Ammi gave me a pointed look.

I raise my hands in surrender, "I just don't want her feeling overwhelmed."

"Stop worrying about that. Everything will go smoothly," Aunty Fanna says.

"We need to show her that we're welcoming her with open arms," Aunty Adama says, emerging from the house.

"Ya Ibrahim, it's almost two. Go get dressed," Ailah says, pushing me towards the house.

I go in and head to my room.

"I'm going to change," I announce to Akram, sprawled on the bed.

"I've seen you naked before," he replied.

"We were kids back then," I say, walking into the closet.

I change into a navy blue Kaftan and put on my cap. I wore two rings on my right hand usually. A platinum love band on my index finger and a diamond link ring on my middle finger. I added two platinum bands to my left index and ring finger.

I return to the room and hold two watches before Akram, "Which one?"

"The Piaget," he responds.

"They're both Piaget," I inform him.

"Wear the one with more diamonds, then," he answers.

I put one back into the box and strap the other to my right wrist.

A knock sounds on the door, and Ailah walks in, "Are you done?"

"I'm trying to pick a pair of shoes," I reply.

She scans my shoe rack and hands me a pair of Burberry loafers.

"Where are your other clothes?" she asks, pulling a duffel from my closet.

I give her a confused look, "Other clothes?"

"Yeah, the bride has four outfits," She responds.

"Four?" I asked, shock evident on my face.

"What were you expecting? Anyways I'll prepare the other three. Where are your new Kaftans?" She asks.

I point to the rack at the end of the closet. She scans through and picks two other Kaftans.

"Is this suit new?" she asks, pointing to a deep blue Armani suit.

"I had it tailored some months back, but I haven't worn it yet," I answer.

"Well, pray you haven't gained weight because you're wearing it today," She says.

"It'll look perfect with these Ralph Lauren loafers," she says, pulling them out.

"For the white Kaftan, you'll wear these Tom ford sandals and these Versace sandals for the grey," She adds.

She arranges them neatly in the duffle and puts the clothes on top.

"We're ready to go. You'll shoot two outfits in the studio and the other two at our house," She Informs.

" Ya Akram, you're driving me," Ailah tells him.

"Sure, let me request a bus," he replies.

"Wallahi, I'm entering that Brabus whether you like it or not," Ailah says.

He scoffs, "let's see how you'll open the door."

She grabs the key off his lap and runs out. He bolts after her, yelling out insults.

I grab the duffel and follow after them.

"You look so dashing," Jafar says as I run into him, Bukar and Hud in the hallway.

"Tell me something I don't know," I respond.

"The groom is feeling himself," Hud says, taking pictures.

We go outside, where Ammi, Aunty Adama and Aunty Fanna are still sorting out deliveries. I didn't have time to count, but I could have sworn there were over a thousand cartons of drinks and water.

"Ailah, get out of my car," Akram yells, banging on the window.

She hops out and sticks her tongue out at him, "You need to relax. It's just a car."

"We'll see if it's just a car when I run you over with it," he retorts, snatching the key out of her hands.

"I'll just go in Jafar's car. It's nicer than yours anyways," She says.

"Tell it like it is," Jafar yells.

Undeniably both cars were impeccable. Jafar had a blue 765LT McLaren, while Akram's Brabus was a shiny black.

"Let's race then. Hud, Ibrahim and Bukar, are you in?" Akram says.

Hud revs the engine of his GLE coupe, "Let's do it."

"I didn't bring a car fit for racing, but let's try," Bukar says, hopping in his white range.

"I'm with Bukar on that one. I'm taking my jaguar," I say.

"Your jaguar has speed, just give it a shot," Akram encourages.

"Hudayya lets go," Ailah yells.

Hudayya had been napping in the living room. They landed at 5 am and had to come here at noon, so I wonder if she had slept much.

She walks out of the house groggily, still rubbing her eyes.

"We're racing, so whatever car you pick is your team. Jafar's car seats two, and I've already picked him, so you have these three to pick from," Ailah informs her.

She looks at all the cars before pointing at Hud's.

"I like Hud's car the most," She says, heading in that direction.

"Are you sure it's the car you like," Ailah teases.

She glares at her, "shut it."

"Let's get this show on the road then," Bukar says.

Fatima

I was standing outside the studio with Juju's sister Safina. Juju wanted to see my makeup, but it was dark inside the waiting lounge, so I stepped out.

Safina had volunteered to be my stylist, and she hired the makeup artist and the hairstylist. What started as a one-outfit shoot turned into four outfits, a ridiculously expensive photographer and over-the-top hair and makeup.

"You look so beautiful," Safina says, taking a video.

She began squatting and changing angles which made me giggle.

"Keep laughing like that. You look so pretty," She says.

"Let me go get my camera," she runs and hurries inside.

I decided to take some pictures of my own. I heard loud revving as I posed. Was there some race happening?

I watched as four cars sped into the parking lot, four incredibly loud vehicles. Finally, a tall and lean guy jumped out of the McLaren, yelling at the top of his lungs. 

"I won," he yelled, making teasing gestures at the other cars. 

I watched as a girl descended from the other side, and they shared a high-five. Then, the occupants of the other cars began alighting the vehicles. 

Another tall and handsome guy came out of the Brabus, and then came another and a girl from the Benz. Then lastly, another good-looking man came out of the range. 

The girls were beyond beautiful, and the guys were stupidly handsome. What kind of friend group was this?

I noticed the door to the last car open. Ibrahim descended the car in all his glory. He looked like a man straight out of a movie. 

"We all arrived at the same time," he says to the first guy. 

"Of course, that's what you losers will say," the girl chimes in. 

Let's ask a spectator then," he says and walks over to me. 

They all follow behind him. 

"Fatima, who arrived first?" he asks me. 

I stare at all of them while the first guy points at himself. 

"Umm, I wasn't looking," I reply. 

"That's it then, we won," the first guy says. 

"You were supposed to say I won," Ibrahim whispers. 

"Ya Ibrahim, why are you telling her to lie?" the first girl yells.

Ya, Ibrahim? Is she his sister?

"It's true. He's the real winner here. Just look at his bride," one of the guys says. 

"Gaskiya. Are you going to introduce us?" another asks.

"Oh yes. Fatima, these are my family, Akram, Ailah, Bukar, Hud, Hudayya and Jafar," he says, pointing them out. 

"Why did I have to come last?" Jafar whines. 

"Shut up," Bukar responds. 

"Hi, It's nice to meet you guys," I say, waving lightly.

"The pleasure is all ours," Jafar says, bowing. 

"Why do you have to show your true colours everywhere we go?" Ailah asks, smacking his head.

"Start running," He threatens, and she bolts. 

"I didn't know you had a lot of siblings," I say to Ibrahim. 

"We're not exactly siblings," Hud replies.

"Ailah and Akram are my cousins, and Hud, Bukar, Jafar, and Hudayya are my friends. But we're more like family," Ibrahim says. 

"Oh, so you're an only child?" I ask.

"I am," He confirms. 

"We should go in," Hudayya suggests.

"You guys should quit that shit and come inside," Akram yells to Jafar and Ailah.

We make our way inside and begin getting ready for the shoot. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8K 4K 39
Follow the story of Laura who is about to be forced into marriage to a criminal by her father after the death of her mentally ill mother With the hel...
59.4K 3.5K 45
A lighthearted read. They're forced into an arranged marriage by their parents. Akram, a guy with a troubled past will have to learn to love Amira, a...
19K 2.3K 24
A girl in her early twenties find her self in a battle between getting married off to any one or choosing the right spouse. will she be determined to...