A Court of shadows and love

By LJ_McLean

"Do you think you can stop me shadow singer?" Xander asked in an eerie voice as his eyes glowed. Xander's bod... More

CHARACTERS
CHAPTER-1
CHAPTER-2
CHAPTER-3
CHAPTER- 4
Chapter-5
CHAPTER-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chalter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chlater-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36

Chapter-25

210 11 0
By LJ_McLean

Xander was woken upto a shower of kisses along his shoulder and back of his neck. He turned around to see Azriel with a tender smile on his face.
"Good morning, shadow singer," Xander grinned.
"Good morning indeed, my love," Azriel kissed him deep in his mouth.
Xander climbed onto Azriel's lap and started grinding their bodies together. A moan slipped past Azriel's lips when Xander kissed down his neck. Xander reached his nipples and bit them lightly.
He left a trail of kisses down his stomach and reached Azriel's hard cock. Xander didn't know how either of them were hard after fucking for a whole day and night only with two hours of sleep. But was he glad?

He licked Azriel's head and hummed at the taste of his mate's release. He took Azriel into his mouth and swirled his tongue around the head of his cock. He teased the underside of it which he found out yesterday that Azriel absolutely loved. He started bobbing his head up and down. Azriel placed his hand on top of Xander's head and caressed his hair. Inch by inch Xander slowly took Azriel in. He had a one third left when Azriel's cock hit the back of his throat.
"Breathe, my love," Azriel slowly caressed his head. Xander breathed through his nose and swallowed. He felt Azriel's cock move further into his throat. He started dong it again and again till his nose hit Azriel's well trimmed pubic hair. Xander started bobbing his head up and down continuously, creating a rhythm. His eyes watered when Azriel grasped the sides of  his head and started thrusting into him at a hard pace.

When Xander started twirling his tongue around Azriel's cock as he thrusted up Azriel was done for.
"Don't swallow," he growled as spilled his release into Xander's mouth. Xander after doing it many times moved up and kissed Azriel. Swapping his own release with him. They just sat there and kissed for what felt like hours.

Azriel didn't know how he got this lucky. To have Xander as his mate. Azriel grinned into the kiss as he inhaled Xander's sweet smell.

"Hello, Az," Xander beamed.
"Hello, my love," Azriel laughed as he pinned Xander down and went down on him. Xander soon reached his high and released inside Azriel's mouth. Which he gladly swallowed.

"Come on we are gonna take a shower," Azriel told him and traced circles on Xander's shoulders. Xander looked up at Azriel's as his hands continuously traced the pattern of Illyrian tattoos.
"I think you like these tattoos more than me, my love," Azriel told him and hooked his fingernails under Xander's chin. When he saw Xander's anxious face Azriel's own morphed into one of concern and his eyes traced Xander for any sign of hurt.

"I am alright Az. I just... I want...." Xander stuttered.. He took a deep breath and sat cross legged near Azriel's chest. Azriel's sat straight and waited for Xander to continue.
"I want to take a bath," Xander told him. Az blinked. He knew, of course. He knew Xander was afraid of baths ever since the cauldron.
"If you are sure, we can take a bath minx," Azriel told him and slowly caressed his hair. Xander nodded his head.
"I am sure."
"Well then I think I have to take you to one more of my retreats," Azriel told him as a small smile which was only reserved for Xander formed on his lips. Xander didn't know why Azriel was keeping this smile hidden for all these years. But mother above that smile made him hotter than he already was.
"Where to, shadow singer?"
Azriel just smirked and let the shadows engulf them both. Xander laughed when Azriel hoisted him into his lap.

Blinding light was the first thing Xander noticed. How long had they been fucking for? God what time even it is? He blinked his eyes and when he adjusted for the brightness, he was blown over.

The lake was wide enough for him to swim around and small enough to be covered by tree lines. The water was as clear as the sky. The pebbles under them were visible to his eyes. Trees surrounded all of the sides. Squirrels and birds were munching on them. His pointed ears picked up distant ruffling. Both him and Azriel turned around to see a stag with majestic antlers gazing at them.

Azriel looked at Xander. He was grinning from ear to ear. Cauldron kill him, Xander looked radiant while he was smiling. He could see his smile all day and long and never get tired of it. His shadows were circling both of them and covering their nudity as Xander enjoyed the view in front of him. Not only him but also his shadows were very possessive.

"Let's bath, shall we?" Xander asked Azriel as the stag turned away from him. Xander's eyes drifted to the lake and then back to Azriel constantly.
"Hey."
Azriel hooked his finger under Xander's chin and tilted his head up. Azriel pressed his lips to Xander's and moved them slowly.
"It's going to be alright. I will be there with you," Azriel told him as he caressed his sides. Xander nodded his head and tried to smile a bit.
Xander turned towards the lake and took step after step until he reached the water. He could feel Azriel's wings tucking him closer to his sides.
I am safe.
I am safe.
I am safe.
Xander changed in his head as he sunk into the water till his shoulders were covered. The water was at perfect temperature. It soothed his aching muscles due to the previous activities.

His heart sped up as the panic started to set in. His hands shook under the water causing ripples to create all throughout the surface. Azriel was at his side in an instant. Azriel's hands covered his own hands and hugged his chest. Xander leaned into Azriel's chest and closed his eyes.
I am safe.
I am safe.
I am safe.
Yes you are.

Azriel's voice was heard down the bond as clear as a day. Xander smiled as the panic slowly subdued. He turned around in Azriel's arms and hooked his hand behind Azriel's neck. His hands slowly caressed his nape and inched downward.

"My beautiful, handsome mate," Azriel said as he kissed Xander's nose. Xander smiled.

"I think mother favours me, minx," Azriel said as he lathered Xander's hair with the shampoo. "Why do you think that shadow singer?" Xander asked. He was rubbing Azriel's chest where the Illyrian tattoos looked like they were swirling around. "Because she gave you as my mate," Azriel's eyes met Xander's. "It's worth it. It's all worth it. If burning my hands were the only way to get to you Xander, I will gladly lit them on fire myself," Azriel admitted. Xander's eyes shone with unshed tears at Azriel's words. He leaned into his chest hugged him. He didn't know what to reply to those words. He didn't have enough words to put it in.

Xander and Azriel were just sitting in the water after washing themselves off the sex and sweat. Azriel was laying on Xander's chest. Xander was playing with Azriel's hair. When his left hand brushed against Azriel's wing.
"Fuck," Azriel hissed.
"Did it hurt?" Xander asked him afraid that he might have hurt Azriel. Azriel shook his head as he stood up in the knee high water.
"It does not hurt. It does this to me," Azriel pointed to his painful erection.
"Oh. Well then we better take of it shadow singer," Xander grinned wickedly as he pulled Azriel down and climbed onto his lap.
"We.....came here...... to take rest minx,"  Azriel said in between moans. Xander's cold fingers were gripping his cock like vice and pumping him. "This is me resting shadow singer," Xander said and sinked onto Azriel's length in one go. After all the ministrations Xander didn't have any trouble taking Azriel fully.

Both of their eyes rolled back to their head as Xander started rocking  back and forth. The water rippled with each of his movements and shied away from their touch. They were unhurried. They have time. They can savour this time. They can savour the time they have together. There was no inevitable war looming over their head. There was no wicked cauldron to hurt them. They were alone and they want to be alone in their own little world.

Azriel's hands snaked around Xander's waist and aided in his movements. Azriel was in bliss as Xander continued to grip his cock. He caught Xander's lips and tugged on them to give him entrance. Xander opened his mouth gladly. Both Xander and Azriel reached their high at the same time.

Reaching that high with Azriel felt different for Xander. He has reached that point with many men and women before but this is different. It felt like he was floating in a ocean of happiness. Being with Azriel is an euphoric experience. Euphoric indeed.

Xander moaned when he took a bite of pancakes Azriel placed infront of him. "Gods this tastes amazing," he said with a mouthful. Azriel chuckled as he sat with a plate for himself. "Wait did you make this?" Xander asked Azriel. It reminded him of the full plate he ate for the first time since coming to Velaris. Azriel nodded his head with a fond smile on his face.
"The pancakes I ate on that day, did you make those too?" He asked Azriel. Azriel blinked at him. He remembered. Xander remembered. Azriel's smile widened as he took a bite from his own plate. "No those were made by my mother," Azriel told him. He could see Xander's eyes watering. He didn't know why but they did. "Why?" Xander breathed. His voice so tender. Like he was talking to a new born baby. "You weren't eating. I had to do something. I remembered you liking pancakes. And also my mother used to make them for me on those days of visit. I though you like them," Azriel told him.

Xander stood up from his seat and kissed Azriel's forehead. He rested his forehead against his and breathed in the scent of night chilled mist and cedar. "You are making me fall in love with you all over again, shadow singer."

Azriel slowly caressed Xander's cheeks. He wished, Azriel wished that he could just capture this moment and freeze. He wished that he could live alone in this moment. Alone with his mate. Forever and after that.
"I love you, minx."
"I love you shadow singer."

The admittance still brought butterflies to his stomach. He grinned and pecked the tip of his nose and hugged him tightly. The two had their late breakfast or early lunch whatever they wished it to be, in their embrace.

They were currently laying under the oak tree soaking up in the evening sun after another round of intense pleasure. They were as naked as the day they were born. Xander's head was on Azriel's abs. His eyes closed and breathing slower. Azriel massaged his hair slowly. He never thought he would get to this point in his life. He taught he was destined to be alone. He thought it was his punishment for all of the things he did in the court of nightmares. But the mother is merciful. She provided him a love far greater than he have ever witnessed.

Azriel wondered, what Xander and him have can even be called love? He would absolutely go feral if anything happened to Xander mate or not. He nearly died in Hybren on that day. He would make sure that something like that wouldn't happen ever again. He would make sure of it.
"Az."
"Yes, my love."
It felt natural. Calling him his love. It felt like breathing. It felt like life itself.
"Will you take me to meet you mother?" Xander asked him as he propped his chin in his stomach. "Of course, I will. Do you wanna go now?" Azriel asked him.
"No, not now. After sometime. After I get better maybe," Xander told him and drifted his eyes lower.
"Look at me, my love," Azriel told him softly. Xander slowly lifted his eyes and saw Azriel. "My mother would love you no matter how you are. She would love you. I would gladly take you to meet her whenever you want to," Azriel told him.
"I would like that."
His mother would love Xander. That's for sure. She loved him despite how broken he was. She would love his mate, no matter what. She would be absolutely happy that her son found love. She would be happy for him.
"Where is she? Is she in Velaris?"
"No. She is in one of my estates in Illyrian mountain. She wanted to stay there and help the females as much as she can."
When Rhysand offered a place for his mother in Velaris, Az told her about it. She refused. She wanted to stay in the Illyrian mountains and help the females of the camp as much as she can. So Azriel brought an estate near one of the camps. The Illyrian lords are terrified of defying him so they don't cause any trouble for his mother.
"That's nice," Xander told him. Azriel smiled down at his mate. Mother he looked beautiful. Even in his disheveled state after sex, he looked breath taking. His cock became hard when he taught about it.
"What is that smell?" Xander asked him. Azriel's arousal was strong in the air. "That is my arousal, minx," Azriel told him. Xander looked down at Azriel's hard cock. "I can smell that?" He asked as he sat up. "You can. Everything has a scent, minx," Azriel told him and folded his hands behind his head. Xander's eyes traced the bulging of his muscles. Azriel smiled. It never failed to amuse him how much Azriel can distract Xander just from a small act.
"Oh gods kill me," Xander groaned. "Does that mean everyone smelled me when I got aroused by you?" Xander asked him. Azriel laughed at his mate's embarrassment. "Stop laughing Azriel. I am mortified," Xander whined. This only made Azriel laugh harder. "Don't worry, minx. If it's any consolation I maintained a shield around both of us whenever you get horny. Which is most of the time I might add," Azriel smirked. "So you knew. Every single time when I got horny?" Azriel didn't have to say anything. His smirk did enough. "Gods kill me," Xander hid his face in Azriel's stomach. Azriel's laughter vibrated throughout his stomach.

Xander looked up at him with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Don't act like you are not as affected as me, shadow singer," Xander told him.
"I never said I wasn't."
"I can see that."
"Then you better take care of it."
"Oh I will."
Xander straddled Azriel and sunk onto his length. He was happy. Azriel was happy. Never thought he would say that in his life. But he was happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

948K 38.7K 137
Tw: this book will deal with triggering topics. If you are easily triggered this is not the story for you, thank you. (Book two in the Starlight seri...
2.7K 143 31
"Why are you late?" He questions, sounding exactly as I remember "You know, traffic." I apologize, making a turn to trudge to him majestically. "If y...
2.8K 80 33
"Lilith! You little sneak!" Her sisters laughed as she remained perched on the tree branch. She leaned down, grinning, her brown hair falling like a...
27.4K 810 20
Two hundred years ago Rhysand lost his mother and sister in a grueling murder. But what if that sister had survived? What if the head in that box was...