Office Elevator

Oleh MyInvisibleButterfly

One day a the dreaded office elevator blessed me... OhmNanon One Shot Lebih Banyak

Office Elevator

1.1K 139 103
Oleh MyInvisibleButterfly

"Good morning"

"Good morning"

"Morning"

"Very good morning sir"

"How are you Mrs. Nayee? Good morning."

"Have a good day Mr. Joe."

"Your coffee is at your desk Ma'am."

"Sir, Yes, I printed the file and sent it to division C for review."

I kept smiling and greeted everyone on the way to the elevator with a 10 KG weighing box full of files and stationary. This cursed elevator is what I hate the most. I am spending more time here than my desk. Because most of the time I am running errands.

I work in an MNC with more than 40 million employees working under three consecutive high storey buildings. I started working here a year ago. When I entered this firm, I was sure to be successful because I had good grades, morals, ethics, personality, a dimpled cute smile, enthusiastic middle class family, some supportive friends, etc., etc.

But I forgot. What I don't have is a big influential background, a lot of stacked money in my pocket and ability to suck up to everyone to reach where I want to go.

Still, I work on 27th floor. That's reaching somewhere right?

Well, my job is well paying. And I work as an assistant to deputy junior chief director. Yeah. That's some post they created for someone who was not worth being a director, not even a chief director and not even a junior chief director. But they somehow wanted to keep him and not throw him out because he sucks up good with the higher-ups.

However funny it is, I can't laugh about that in front of my boss. He loves only praises. And I shower him with it. Sometimes I am sarcastic, but he doesn't seem to understand. Maybe that IQ is what gave him that post...

Well, today is my work anniversary and as per company rules, I will receive a gift from the CEO. A bouquet and a card congratulating me for being here and staying back and not running away and... yeah... that's that.

Another reason why am not a candy for sore eyes... No actually I am harsh on ears, and that is my big mouth. I am sometimes way too honest for my own good. But anyway. I somehow survived a year here. So I have been rewarded.

Today I have to move these boxes from 27th floor to ground floor courier office. Amazing isn't it? I love my job so much it's literally weighing upon me. Right now 10 KG.

It's the seventh time I am boarding this dreaded elevator. But from 27th floor to ground floor it gives me time to dance to the hook of my favorite song. At least that is something right?

I was about to take out my ear pods when I noticed that the lift stopped on 25th floor.

25th floor is a spare floor for contract workers who usually handle logistics. It's awesome to see someone outside from office.

"Good morning." I greeted with the same plastered smile to whoever it was. Then I saw a tall well-built guy with a frown and a coffee stained shirt. He doesn't seem familiar at all. And he is having a company's brand fastening tape in his hand. So he is a contract logistic worker after all.

"Oh... It seems your morning has not been good?" I chuckled. Oops! Did I say it out loud?

The guy tilted his head with a blank face. The elevator door closed and it started to go down again.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to piss you off. But hey. Good part? Your shirt is white. It will not stain." I tried to comfort him.

He scanned my id card.

"Oh. I am Nanon Korapat. Employee id 15008691. Marketing Executives department. Junior employee." I introduced myself with a smile and extended my hand.

Suddenly there was a judder in the lift and the lights flickered and then what I feared happened. The lift came to a halt in the middle of 15th and 16th floor. And after a second the dim emergency light went off too.

"Ok, I pretended ok? I pretended..." I muttered.

"Sorry?" The other guy finally spoke in a confused tone.

"I PRETENDED TO LOVE MY SHITTY JOB! BUT I DON'T. IT'S BEEN A YEAR OF NON PRODUCTIVE STUPIDITY! CONGRATULATIONS TO ME! AND I HATE THIS FUCKING ELEVATOR THE MOST!"

To my embarrassment, the lights flickered on.

He snickered but controlled himself when I turned to look at him confused.

I took a few deep breath and calmed myself. "Sorry. For once I thought we are going to die. So I spoke my heart out." I scratched my head smiling nervously.

He chuckled and pressed his lips. This time he walked closer and extended his hand. "Ohm."

I shook it with a smile because till we get out of this elevator, he is my only companion anyway. "So... you can bleach it." I said pointing at the stain.

"I see..." He smiled.

"Let me tell you. Coffee stain still means you had time to have a cup of coffee. Not like you need to lift so many boxes alone from 27 floors."

"Didn't you say you are a marketing junior? Why are you doing logistics?"

"You seem to be on contract so you might not know. There are so many levels on levels for different department and designations to make people happy for having a job here."

"Meaning?"

"Ummm, how do I explain?" I thought. And sat down leaning my back against the elevator wall. "This organization has so many people. You know why?" I patted on my side asking him to sit.

He sat in front instead facing me. He shook his head. "No?"

"Let's take an example. Why am I here?" I smiled at him.

He smiled scanning me from top to bottom. "Why?"

"Because my boss Mr. Phob who is deputy junior chief director, who has to report to Mr. Kan who is junior chief director, who in turn has to report to Ms. Pa who is chief director, who reports to Mrs. Nim who is the director of Marketing department, she then reports to the VP and The VP reports to the MD and CEO... they need me to run errands for them."

"That's quite a long chain of reporting." He seemed to be in thought.

I chuckled and punched his knee playfully. "Yes... And then comes me. Assistant to the deputy blah blah... I don't need to repeat right?" I asked.

He smiled and shook his head sneering. "I remember." He said looking at me.

"And the actual work of this whole chain is to check the marketing plans documented by me and my peers and that are going to be approved by the VP or CEO. Rest everyone is just like a courier chain. Like how you board buses from one stop to another?"

He chuckled. "And you create documents?" He asked.

"Sometimes... Most of the times, I prepare material for documents. With a double MBA degree, I am now experienced in knowing which paper type to choose for which printer. Sometimes it has to have some essence on it if we are to send it to the CEO." I said and shrugged.

'IS SOMEONE STUCK IN HERE'

The alarm system finally responded. I got up and turned to it. "Yes please. I am employee number 15008691 from Executives Marketing team. There is a logistics guy stuck with me too."

'WE ARE WORKING ON IT. IT MAY TAKE 10-15 MINUTES MORE.'

"Ok thanks for responding after the other guy nearly died the third time." I said but the alarm went off.

"I did really die." He pressed his lips covering his face with his hands like trying to hide his face and nodded.

"You don't understand. If it is people like us stuck here, they really don't even have to repair the elevator. I mean, who are we out of 40 million?" I chuckled. "They will get another guy to book travel flights with best discount offers." I said.

He chuckled. "What else do you do?"

"Oh, I buy coffee on my expense which hardly gets reimbursed on time. I book tables for formal and informal dinner dates between higher-up and clients. And like other 40 million employees, I celebrate my work anniversary with a bouquet and pre-printed card from the CEO."

He looked at me with a smile.

What is he looking at? Did I rant too much?

"Did I say something wrong?"

"It's your birthday tomorrow?" He asked looking at my id card.

"Oh... Yeah. Great right? I got a job one day before my birthday. Last year, I was so happy about it that I spent lump sum on a birthday party, it took me three salaries to revive it. You see I am paid so heartily that I could buy this entire building in next 20,000 years."

The lights flickered and he looked up. "What if the light goes off now? Will you speak your heart out again?"

"Huh?"

"I mean. You did say it out loud how you pretended to be happy." He shrugged.

"Ah... Yes. I am so used to pretend smile that it's difficult to say it out loud on its own." I can't believe I am letting myself seem vulnerable and down in front of him.

He leaned towards me and kept a hand on my eyes. "Pretend the lights went off again. You are alone and there is a fear of dying. Now whatever you want to say, say it out loud."

I took a deep breath. And for the second time in last one year, in front of the same guy in the same elevator I blurted everything that came to my mind...

.

After a hectic day, while I was wishing to leave early and do something before it hits 12 on the clock, I wanted to hit the pub and have some drinks. But as I can see corporate slaves all working their asses off, I can't leave, can I?

A well suited up guy with a premium batch on his coat walked in making everyone stand. A premium batch is for the people who work on the CEO's lair.

He walked straight to me making me halt in between the yawn making me stare at him with wide open mouth.

"Mr. Nanon Korapat, please come with me." He said.

I hesitantly got up and looked back at Mr. Phob who was looking at me bewildered.

That's what happens when you have a big mouth. All that I said in the elevator was recorded right? There was a camera? I am being fired on my hiring day? Wow!

Happy Sappy birthday Nanon!

For the first time in my life, I got into the premium elevator. This one is bigger and brighter. It works on super speed too.

We walked out of the building and into the next building. I never dared to step in this building before today. When I entered, a huge ground to ceiling bouquet was awaiting me with my name written in flower formations.

My own voice rang in my ear and mind.

'They should thank me for sticking my ass here for a year with at least a bouquet taller than me...'

The poker face beside me gave away no expression. But I was gaping. This is what I told the construction guy today when asked me to talk my heart out with my eyes closed under his palm.

The premium batch guy gestured me to walk along with him into the building.

'My double degrees are a waste if I don't have a red carpet for me...'

I recalled while walking on the red carpet. The poker face guy was walking beside me but not on the carpet. Like it was just for me.

'I should be gifted with good office merchandise...'

The table ahead was stacked with bag, pen, mobile phone, iPad, laptop, watch, and a notepad with office brand labels which executives use.

My open mouth was not closing at all. It all had a note on it. 'For Nanon'

'And it's my birthday tonight. I want to dress up, have some drinks in a nice place, go for a nice dinner and spend the evening enjoying myself...'

There was a wardrobe, huge one. They asked me to pick whatever I want and get changed.

By now I am trembling. But do I have a choice? I am not sure what is happening with me. I can only think of the smile that guy was giving me while listening to my bullshit.

The smell of his skin when he kept his hand on my eyes.

The comfort I felt while talking to him...

And his way of scanning me.

'I want to have enough time and money to work on myself to look like an eye candy for once. It's my special day after all...I'll turn 24... That happens only once in your lifetime you know?'

I walked out of the changing room and there was a makeup artist and a hair dresser waiting for me. They tidied me up like I could never imagine. The guy in the mirror, is it me?

'I should be paid well and have some decent work to do as per my caliber.'

When I walked to the poker face, he handed me an envelope. In it was my updated pay and designation.

I looked at the poker face wide eyed. "Assistant to the CEO?"

The poker face now bowed before me. "This way sir."

SIR!?!

I followed him to a decorated glass dining room which I can never expect an office to have. It was decorated with flowers and lights. I read on the door, the name board said, CEO's personal dining space.

What the f...

And then I saw him. Smiling at me. Dressed in a tux. The poker face left bowing to both of us before leaving.

Ohm walked towards me still smiling wide. Was he this handsome in the morning too? Or maybe I was distracted with the coffee stain?

And then I recalled something weird that I had blabbered.

'And last but not the least, I want to spend my special time with a special someone. Who would smile at me lovingly, listen to me, talk to me and take me out on an unexpected lavish date which I can never forget in my life... a person who likes me... And whom I would want to like too...'

"Employee number 15008691, Nanon Korapat, would you like to have your birthday dinner date with me? Because... I already like you and I want you to be able to like me too... And because you are the one in 40-50-90-infinity million for me." He said keeping both his hands behind and smiling at me with his eyes speaking much more smoothly than how his mouth ran just now.

I gaped at him flabbergasted.

"So yes?" He asked expectantly.

And without understanding anything, I was so dazzled by him that I just nodded.

He grinned wide at me with a hint of pink on his face. Is he blushing? Why am I finding it irresistible?

While my whole face is burning red.

The light flickered at once and then everything went dark.

"FUCK HE IS THE NEW CEO!!! AND I SAID YES??? I AM FUCKED FOR LIFE!!!"

The lights came back and I saw him grinning wide at me. "The FUCKED for life part? We can discuss after dinner. What say?" he winked playfully at me sending chills down my spine. And then like a puppy I followed him into the dining room closing the door behind me.

A month later...

The elevator door opened and I saw Ohm grinning at me. I smiled at him and bowed. "Good morning Sir."

He narrowed his eyes at me and walked in hitting the door close button to shut the door faster.

As soon as it closed he turned and picked me up and smashed my back on the wall. I quickly wrapped my legs around his waist and my hands around his neck to help myself from not falling.

"SIR?" He asked and bit my bottom lip.

"What? Am I not supposed to call you that?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

He sealed my lips again with a rough kiss. After leaving me breathless, he pulled back and grinned. "Only in bed." He said.

"Put me down. We are about to reach." I slapped his shoulder. He chuckled and put me down.

But before we could reach, the elevator jolted and the lights went off.

"FUCK! THE PREMIUM ELEVATOR NEVER STOPS. THIS MEANS WE ARE GOING TO DIE RIGHT? I HAVE NOT EVEN TOLD HIM I LOVE HIM YET! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!" I mumbled terrified when the lights came back.

I turned to Ohm who was looking at me with hunger filled eyes. He pressed the stop button on the now moving elevator and pulled me up again to smash his lips on mine. After pulling my soul out of my body he pulled back and smiled. "I love you too."

I chuckled and hugged him still hanging on to him. I never ever thought, that I will meet the love of my life in the dreaded office elevator that I cursed the most.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

19.3K 771 15
payu and prapai is a partner in business payu is a rude boss and prapaiis a play boy. rain and sky is a best friend rain is cute boy and sky is bol...
11.3K 286 55
When Zee tries to forget about the past, NuNew becomes his best company and someone who will try to heal Zee's broken heart, meanwhile Saint still re...
11.8K 410 18
"So tay and singto is a big mafia where new and krist are there trouble maker , and their daily life . ( And also their are offgun ✌ ) Indirectly...
1.4M 107K 42
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...