π•Šπ•¨π• π•£π•• 𝔸𝕣π•₯ π•†π•Ÿπ•π•šπ•ŸοΏ½...

By Reci0L

Inspired by @Guardian_Angel-21 November 6th, 2022 The day of Japan's first ever VRMMORPG to ever release,. A... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning of a Nightmare
Chapter 2: A New Hope?
Chapter 3: Training Begins
Chapter 4: The First Dungeon
Chapter 5: The More the Merrier
Chapter 6: Illfang the Kobold Lord
Chapter 7: The Pink haired Blacksmith
Chapter 8: Dreams
Chapter 9: Greed
Chatper 10: The Black Cats
Chatper 11: Surprise!
Chapter 12: The Trap Room
Chapter 13: Loved
Chapter 14: The Dragon Tamer
Chapter 15: The "Safe" Zone
Chapter 16: Selfishness
Chapter 17: Lambent Light
Chapter 19: The Army of Two

Chapter 18: Raid

77 1 0
By Reci0L

" August 8th 2024, Aincrad's 56th Floor, Pani "

Fog covered the night of Aincrad's 56th Floor. The Assault Team keeps making extraordinary progress, reaching to the 70th floor. But recently progress has begun to slow as this was caused by the actions of a murder guild. Laughing Coffin. Reports increased rapidly in such a short time with no sign of slowing down, resulting in the assault team to shift their focus on containing the murderous guild to enable them to continue to clear the rest of the floors.

Footsteps were being heard amongst the fog, manoeuvring through the floors terrain. A cloaked figure ran through the forest, as another cloaked figure chased after the first.

The first figure continued to run, looking behind them to attempt to spot their pursuer. But they couldn't... slowing down to a complete stop they began to look everywhere. The figure turned, to look at every possible hiding spot their pursuer would be but found nothing. Thinking that they were in the clear the figure released a sigh of relief, looking forward only to receive a blow to the face, rendering the figure unconscious.

- TimeSkip -

A figure began to stir awake, groggily opening their eyes to take in their surroundings. Their cloak was removed, revealing a beautiful young girl with green hair, eyes that were void of emotion and a set of unique ears. These ears were Elven ears, a rare quirk to receive in a medieval MMO but this is a game, things like this could have been added with little notice. She began to get up only to be pulled back down by ropes that wrapped around her and a tree. The elven girl looked around to quickly find a light coming from a camp fire in front of her, soon spotting the same cloaked figure she identified as her pursuer. Opening her mouth to say a word only to have the figure beat her to it.

???: Hello, Lux...

This sent a chill down the girls spine. She didn't know this player and yet they knew her name, she pushed this thought away. Making a smile she began to make an attempt to escape this situation.

Lux: I believe this is a misunderstanding, you have the wrong person, I've never heard of someone named Lux before. I was simply on my way home. Could you be so kind as to untie my restraints please?

???: I'm afraid I cannot do that...

Lux: How come?

The figure stood up and stepped closer to the light emitting from the campfire. Showing a familiar mask underneath the figure's hood.

Muzan: Because I haven't got the wrong person...

Lux: I believe you didn't hear-

Muzan: I did... Lux, of Laughing Coffin...

The girl could only look at him internally shaken. She wondered how much this player knew about her.

Lux: I've told you that this is a misunderstanding, my cursors green, I haven't done anything!

Muzan: ... Yes... I suppose.

Lux: ...

The beater began to walk towards her, giving her hope. The player crouched down to her level, extending his hand towards her. But instead of releasing the tension the ropes had, he pulled her sleeve upwards to reveal a coffin shaped insignia which lied on the top of her hand. Her face dropped, her hope shattered looking towards her masked captor, she began to speak.

Lux: So... how did you find out?

Muzan: I have my ways...

Lux: Of course you do, and if your plan is to make me tell you about Laughing Coffin's next attack, you need to think of something better.

Muzan: ... You've been leaking information about the Assault team's plans

Lux: That's my job.

Muzan: ... Lives have been lost because of your doing.

Lux: I'm simply doing what I've been told. They saved my life, so I owe them.

Muzan: ... Where is Laughing Coffin?

Lux: like I said before. I'm not saying a word, you can torture me all you want. But you're not getting anything out of me.

Muzan: Oh I'm not going to torture you... but they might...

Grabbing a stick from the campfire, the masked player threw the torch to the side with some distance. Engulfing a small area in its light, what was revealed, made the girl sick to her stomach.

(Graphic depiction ahead)

Two winged demons were slouched over as sounds of tearing flesh and bones crunching filled the air... they were feasting. The torch caught the attention of the two demons, making them turn around before snarling at the player who threw it. Glaring at him as they were annoyed to having their feast disrupted, they continued to hiss giving the beater a warning before going back to their feasting. The green haired girl could only watch in horror, her eyes widened as she quivered in fear, though she didn't look at the two demons. But she looked at what the demons were feasting on... a young woman. Presumably an NPC but she had yet to de-spawned, her clothes were torn showing her pale white skin along with the chest of her body. Her stomach was torn open as her organs scattered around the demons as they feast upon her... but what gave the Elf true fear was the woman's face. The woman's face was pale white along with the rest of her body, as blood seeped from her mouth, her eyes were dead dull as they were void of life with dried tears that trailed from her eyes while her face showed a expression of fear and death. Signalling that she feared for her life before she was killed. Was the player really gonna let her meet the same fate?

Muzan: So...

Lux: I-I'll tell you anything! Everything! Their base, numbers, and even all their members! Please don't leave me here to die, please!

- TimeSkip -
" Aincrad's 55th Floor, Granzam "

Granzam, a large and popular town which housed the base of the famed Knights of the Blood Oath. As of now a young second in command was seated at a desk, maps unraveled on top of it. Showing the known floors where had Laughing Coffin based themselves.

Asuna: *sigh* Each day we spend trying to find them, more lives are being lost...

A notification soon popped up in front of her. She didn't have the time to look at it, quickly looking at who sent it before disregarding it.

Asuna: Not now, Kirito.

Kirito and Asuna have been working together for the past few boss fights, Helping and assisting each other. But Asuna felt that her "partnership" with Kirito didn't feel the same way as she did her previous partner. She wondered what he was doing now? A knocking erupted from her door, interrupting her from her thoughts.

Asuna: Come in.

The door opened revealing one of the guild team leaders, Uzala Sub-leader of Team C

Uzala: Vice Commander, you have a vistor.

Asuna: "If this is Kirito, I swear" I'm currently busy...

Uzala: You might want to hear this.

The Sub-leader step to the side revealing her former partner before her. Her eyes widen in shock. Why? Why did he decide to show up now? They haven't talked in months and yet here he is, standing in front of her. But deep down a part of her was glad to see him.

The Second in Command saw a girl with elf ears and green hair, tied up behind the beater.

Muzan: We have much to discuss...

- TimeSkip -

The second in command stood tall, surrounded by players from the Knights of the Blood Oath, Holy Dragon Alliance, the Fuurinkazan, Aincrad Liberation Army and the beater himself. In total, fifty high level players were taking part in this operation, all standing waiting for their instructions.

Asuna: We have received Information from a captured spy of Laughing Coffin. She is imprisoned at the Black Iron Palace as we speak. Every time we go and attempt to capture them, we fail. Leading to even more deaths by their hand... but now it's different. We have located their main base of operations, how many members are currently present, and who the members are. Tomorrow morning we will begin raid to capture as many of their members as we can. They will resist for sure, the commander has given us permission to use deadly force if needed. Now Daizen will begin going over the red guild's members and their traits, listen carefully... this could save your life.

After her speech she moved to the side allowing the KoB member to begin his part of the meeting. But the beater zoned it out, only looking towards Asuna. The masked player could see the immense stress the girl held... but she didn't show it. Ever since she had joined the guild she had built a whole different persona around her, showing a strong, intimidating, and a more fearless version of herself. But the Demon of Chaos could see right through it... he knew that deep down she was afraid. But talking to her now would mean nothing... so he stood by now listening to the rest of the meeting.

- TimeSkip -
" August 9th 2024, Aincrad's 3rd Floor "

The team of high level clearers marched on top of floating platforms within a cave of the 3rd Floor. Its dark environment sent chills down the player's spines, this was the perfect place for a guild like Laughing Coffin. They continued to decent further down the cave inching closer and closer to the red guild's HQ. Tanks led the front while the others followed them.

Klein: *gulp* This is a lot creepier than I thought...

Agil: Yeah, I agree...

Kirito: They must be further in the cave.

Asuna: Stay alert everyone! Just remember this is a capture and detain mission, only use lethal force when we have to. These monsters deserve some mercy.

Suddenly something came rapidly towards the vice commander, cutting through the air causing the girl to flinch, shutting her eyes on reaction. But she felt nothing, she began to open her eyes to see the beater holding a needle in his hand.

Muzan: A paralysing needle, they know we're here.

Dropping the needle onto the ground, he crushed it underneath his boot, looking up to see multiple cloaked fingers on the platforms above them. They began to jump down, charging towards the army of clearers, sparking a battle of bloodshed.

The leader of the Holy Dragon Alliance looked up witnessing multiple platforms holding more members of the murder guild.

Schmidt: I-Impossible... someone must have leaked our plans.

He was soon confronted by a blade quickly dodging it only to block another blow from the attacker. Meanwhile the beater was clashing blades with a player with glowing red eyes that stared into his soul. They soon exchanged blows locking their blades together as their faces met the red player began to look into the beaters mask seeing his eyes, this caused his smile to widen wickedly.

XaXa: I recognise those eyes! Those are eyes that have seen death before!

The beater replied with silence, not even giving his opponent an answer. The red player began to talk more.

XaXa: Have you killed someone before!? Say, tell me how it felt!?

Not too far the Lightning Flash over heard this looking over as her eyes widened. Seeing her former partner in front of the player that she over heard.

Asuna: No way...

She soon caught sight of another LC member charging towards her, shifting her focus to the newly approached attacker.

XaXa: Tell me, did it feel nice? To watch their life fade away.

The masked swordsman only remained silent as he felt a surge of anger coursing through his body. He pushed against his attacker with a bit more force.

XaXa: Hey! I'm talking to - GAH!!

The LC member was cut off by a headbutt to the face, stumbling back only to sense something peirce his leg. Falling to the ground as he looked towards his leg, a short sword was lodged in his limb. He looked towards the beater who had thrown his sword, letting out a roar of anger but was interrupted by a right hook to the face rendering him unconscious. His body falling to the ground.

The beater walked up to the unconscious member to retrieve his short sword from the player's leg. But another LC member jumped in his way, swinging their blade only for the masked player to dodge.

*Sound of crystals bursting*

Hearing this made the beater feared the worst, quickly looking over to see 3 red players standing over their dead victims as their bodies burst one by one. Looking back towards his new attacker, he saw a disturbingly wicked smile which caused the player's blood to boil with fury. The red player's blade came rushing down towards the masked player, only to be stopped by his hand. The Demon of Chaos erupted... he releases a yell of rage, letting another punch fly towards the LC member's face, the punch landed giving him enough time to pull out his weapon.

A blade began to appear on the side of his belt. He had to use it... his whip couldn't sustain him in a one on one duel. Yes, it was powerful but only towards the creatures of night... grabbing the hilt of the blade he drew the long, thin blade out of its scabbard. He readied his blade to strike, swinging his blade down as the sword successfully lands at the base of the attacker's neck cutting their head off in a single blow. Soon He took a moment, heavy breaths escaped the beaters mouth but was cut short by a sudden sound of shattering. Snapping his head towards the source of the sound he witnessed the second in command on the ground, she held a broken blade within her hand. Her eyes were wide as she was at the mercy of a Laughing Coffin member standing over her... the member's sword began to descend with the intent on killing the Lightning Flash. But before the blade could reach her a sword came flying by as the red player's hands were sliced off completely, the dismemberment of their hands caused the player to look where the sword came from. Only to be met with a blade going straight through their neck.

The vice commander watched as her former partner pull the blade out of her attacker's neck. Watching the body burst into crystals. She watched in shock and surprise as he proceeds to drop his blade, dropping to his knees as he brought his hands up to look at them. She could see his hands trembling, before a scream erupted from the player as his face was buried in his hands. The player's scream caused the fight to come to a halt, players visibly distraught from the outburst. This gave a chance for some red players to retreat back into the cave, as others were either captured or killed. The vice commander could only look at the kneeling beater in worry.

Asuna: Mu...

The beater jumped at the mention of his name, turning to the chestnut haired girl. Seeing the worry that plagued her eyes. He stood up turning away from the vice commander before walking away.

Without saying a word...

- TimeSkip -
" September 30th 2024, Aincrad's 61st Floor, Selmberg "

A door opens to reveal a certain chestnut haired player, entering the house in her KoB uniform. Exhaustion caused by the meetings with the guild lead members. Releasing a sigh, thankful that those meetings were finally over. Over a month has passed since the raid on Laughing Coffin, most of its members had been wiped, while others were captured or in hiding. Reports on PKs have decreased significantly after the raid, which showed good news.

But her ex-partner was lingering in the back of her mind. She has been worried sick about his wellbeing... He had become more distant than before and avoided her to some degree. He took the lives of two people on the day of the raid, and she knew it was eating away at him. She wanted to help him in someway... to help carry the burden with him. But if he didn't want help then it's best to leave him alone.

Turning on the shower she waited for the water to heat, all the previous months have created a lot of stress and needed some stress relief. Removing her clothes and armour she began to make her way to the shower, but a message notification appeared in front of her. Wondering who it was she opened it... her face soon showed a smile knowing who exactly sent her the message and that he still cared. The message was a gift message, opening the gift a rapier soon appeared in front of her. Catching the blade she inspected it, the blades beauty left the girl in awe. Tapping above the sword the stat window appeared, its stats were incredible. Who knew that a sword like this could be so powerful... but the name of the sword had caught the vice commander's eye.

Asuna: <<Lambent Light>>

Attached to the message was a voice recorder, a holo-cron soon appeared in her hand as she tapped on it to play the message it held.

Muzan: *Voice recording* Hello Asuna... I know that you would like to spend your special day alone, but I couldn't stand by without congratulating you, so... Congratulations... you have become such an amazing person and fighter. I never regretted meeting you as the days go by.... So I gift you the <<Lambent Light>> Happy birthday, Asuna...

Her worry had now vanished as the recording ended, her poker face had been replaced with a smile, hearing the soft voice of her friend made her happy. She was glad to see that her friend had cut through his own darkness...

But still needed a bit more to go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 2.3K 26
during the year of 2022 a new way to play games comes out the Nerve Gear and the first game for it Sword Art Online a new VRMMORPG. There one of the...
8.3K 106 33
A boy named Alex Arch. Played video games during his childhood until in the year 2022 at age 16, He gave VR MMO RPGS a try with it's first release ga...
52.1K 1.7K 10
If you could enter the world of a video game, would you take the chance? We all know the story of the boy named Kirito, who battled his way through t...