π•Šπ•¨π• π•£π•• 𝔸𝕣π•₯ π•†π•Ÿπ•π•šπ•ŸοΏ½...

By Reci0L

Inspired by @Guardian_Angel-21 November 6th, 2022 The day of Japan's first ever VRMMORPG to ever release,. A... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning of a Nightmare
Chapter 2: A New Hope?
Chapter 3: Training Begins
Chapter 4: The First Dungeon
Chapter 5: The More the Merrier
Chapter 6: Illfang the Kobold Lord
Chapter 7: The Pink haired Blacksmith
Chapter 8: Dreams
Chapter 9: Greed
Chatper 10: The Black Cats
Chapter 12: The Trap Room
Chapter 13: Loved
Chapter 14: The Dragon Tamer
Chapter 15: The "Safe" Zone
Chapter 16: Selfishness
Chapter 17: Lambent Light
Chapter 18: Raid
Chapter 19: The Army of Two

Chatper 11: Surprise!

69 1 0
By Reci0L

" May 7th, Aincrad's 6th floor, Arcadia "

The sun rose above the horizon of the 6th floor. Players flooded it's town streets as they ventured through the floor. Not to mention... it's vast forestry was a sight to take in, capturing anyone into viewing its beauty. With Kirito's newly acquired position within The Moonlit Black Cats, he grown accustomed with them as the weeks passed by. As of now the town's teleporter roared a bright blue aura signifying its process of transporting players. Two players emerged from the town's teleporter, a specific duo to be exact, Entering the town of Arcadia to begin their adventure. Asuna had been notified of Muzan's birthday, a month ago by the info broker. She has kept it stored in the back of her mind, keeping it for todays date after a month of searching for a gift for the boy, and today is that day.

Muzan: why are we here... may I ask?

Asuna: it's a surprise!... and it's for you to find out! Come on, I'll take you there.

Muzan: *sigh* After you...

A smile formed on Asuna's face as she began to march forward, only to be followed by her masked companion behind her. Minutes past before the Duo had reached a river, containing a small rowboat floating beside a dock on the stream of water.

Asuna: we'll need to aboard one of these to get to our destination! Oh! We'll also need to find a wagon too!

The masked boy raised an eyebrow, which wasn't visible to Asuna but decided to shrug it off. Giving a slight nod before he followed her path to aboard the rowboat.

Taking the Oars in hand Muzan began to row, allowing Asuna to take in the scenes that her eyes saw. The trees which were full of life, wielding leaves coloured in a pure green which signified their good health. The river, in a clear blue reflecting the nature that surrounds it, only to be disturbed by the boat's hull as it passes through. The mountains, so high that it would take days to reach the top, while the tops were also glazed with snow showing off it's cold environment. The atmosphere felt so pure and beautiful to the swordswoman, she felt... free. This was an experience she could only dream of. In the real world she would take cruise ships to places which would only be tied to her parent's work, which made those experiences quite dull in a way.

Muzan: Beautiful... isn't it?

Asuna: Agreed, only a game like this would be able to make something this pretty. A place like this would be polluted out in the real world.

Muzan nodded agreeing with Asuna. Even if this game was a death trap. It's beauty is one of a kind.

Asuna: Ahh, we're coming up to the dock! On the right!

Taking in her instructions he obliged, sailing the boat to meet the docks port. Allowing his partner to disembark before him. Asuna once again led the way for Muzan to follow, finding a wagon to board shortly after. The swordsman could only wonder why she was acting like this, it wasn't a common occurrence for her to request a halt on any higher floor exploration. He began to voice his questions that dwelled at this moment.

Muzan: may I ask?... what are we doing here exactly?

Asuna: hmm okay, it's something to do with today.

Muzan: today? Is there an event going on in this floor?

Asuna: Nope.

Muzan: someone you know lives here, i guess?

Asuna: Nope.

Muzan: may I know at least something about this your showing me?

Asuna: well... all I'll say it's something special today, now hush. We're almost there, what's a surprise if you know what it is.

Earning a nod from the boy, he stayed quiet while continuing their ride to their destination. After a few minutes they had come across a two story house. It's design was simple but pleasant to the eye, the masked swordsman spotted a sold sign displayed on its door.

Asuna: Surprise! So, what do you think?

Muzan: why did you bring me to a house?

It had already been sold, signifying that someone already called this house home. Why would Asuna bring him to a home where someone already lived here.

Asuna: this is my present to you! Happy Birthday Muzan!

Shock flushed over the boy as he was handed a silver key by his partner. Never in his life would he thought to forget his birthday, but due to this game. His focus was pinned to clearing the game... so he had forgotten it this year.

Muzan: I... forgot it was my birthday today...

Asuna: well, I was told by Argo when your birthday was. So I bought you this. I couldn't think of anything that we really needed so I thought I would gift you a house so we wouldn't have to rely on Inns to rest.

Muzan: ... I see...

Looking at her partner, she couldn't read what he was thinking. She asked him in a curious voice.

Asuna: so... do you like it?

Muzan: I do... Thank you Asuna. It's a great present... I appreciate it.

Hearing him made her smile, she could hear the gratitude from his voice... she felt accomplished. It wasn't common for him to express too much emotion, sometimes Asuna felt as if she was talking to a brick wall. Walking up to the door, pushing it open with light force, they entered. The house's interior was simple, nothing stood out too much nor felt out of place.

Muzan: how much did this house cost?

Asuna: well, all up the house came down to about 10,000 Col

Muzan: I see...

Asuna: yep. With us being on the assault team we're able to generate money quickly!

Muzan: Agreed...

Asuna: oh, by the way... may I ask, how old are you Turing this year?

Muzan: I'll be turning 17... would you like to show me around?

Agreeing to the request, Asuna took him around the house. After the tour the duo were seated within the house's living room. Muzan looked over to his partner, he saw that she was hungry. He thought that it would be a good idea to let Asuna enter the bath first, even though the game keeps you clean it could prove to be a good stress reliever.

Muzan: would you like to use the bath first?

Asuna: huh, but what about you?

Muzan: go ahead, I'll start cooking while you clean yourself up.

Asuna: umm... alright.

Entering the room through the stairs, taking a right to enter the bathroom. Closing the door behind her, locking it in the process. She stripped herself of her clothes and armor before dipping her body into the warm water of the bath, Exhaling a sigh of relief as she decent.

Asuna: ahhhh~ this is amazing...

As her body relaxed, she could feel the tension which lied in her muscles loosening. Her body, regaining its strength to its fullest. She let herself sink even further into the water to just under her nose.

Asuna: I think I can stay here all day~

As her mind wonder, revising the past few months her mind drifted to the masked boy. Thinking about him... he's selfless nature and his drive made him admirable. His kindness would attract girls, (maybe even some boys) with ease in the real world. But his communication skills and social distancing made him a character that was hard to approach. She had always wondered what he was like in the real world... what school he went to, his parents, if he had any siblings, or maybe if he had a girlfriend? Wait... the last question kept replaying in Asuna head...Girlfriend? What did he look like? She had always wondered what he looked like under that mask... what color was his hair, his eyes, what body type he had, did he have abs, the Len-

Asuna: huh?...

Her mind stopped halfway on that last question. Stopping herself from thinking about it further, but failed. Her mind and body were mature enough to have these thoughts but she didn't know... feeling her face burn up to a blood red. Plunging herself deeper into the water, shaking her head to rid of the dirty thoughts but couldn't. Rising up to have the water just below her nose again, face still red. She pondered.

Asuna: would he even find me attractive?

She looked down to see her own body thinking about what the boy would think. She's always known herself to make rational and logical decisions in the past but today has changed. It made her chest feel heavy. This feeling felt foreign to her as she's never experienced anything like it. But she has to hold off for now, shaking her head again to escape the current train of thoughts. Sitting in the bathtub for a while longer.

Asuna: I think that's enough for today.

Rising from the water, she made her way out the bathtub, drying herself before equipping herself with some clothing. Exiting the bathroom in the process, arriving at the living room shortly after. She noticed some of the furniture had been moved around or replaced, she looked around till she saw the boy that plagued her mind. To see him cooking, She spoke which caught the player's attention.

Asuna: I see you've been pretty busy.

Muzan: not quite... I've seen you've finished.

Asuna: yep, it felt refreshing! I can take over while you go clean yourself up.

Muzan: are you sure? I can hel-

Asuna: nah ah, I'll take over from here.

Opening his mouth once more but to only shut it again, after many experiences witnessed by Kirito's antics it was wise to simply comply as the queen of arguments was presented before him. He nodded before making his exit from the kitchen to make his way to the bathroom.

~ TimeSkip ~

After the swordsman took his bath, he felt refreshed. His energy felt replenished, as he made his exit from the bathroom after equipping some casual clothes, mask included. He saw the moon elegantly glowing in the night sky through the window. Upon arrival to the living he saw his partner seated at the dining table within the room. Clearly waiting for his return, Asuna spotted the boy almost immediately.

Asuna: welcome back, how's the bath?

Muzan: refreshing.

Asuna: that's good, I got the table ready for dinner, come on!

Nodding to her request, he followed. Taking his seat opposite her, giving his thanks along the way. He noticed that she was wearing a yellow t-shirt that loosely hugged her body and blue denim like shorts. He would be lying if he was to say she wasn't beautiful but he didn't think too much of it.

Asuna/Muzan: Thanks for the food!

They both took their first bite of their food, savouring the bite they took. A few moments passed before the boy spoke stopping Asuna's trace.

Muzan: ... Thank you Asuna... this is a great gift... I... I appreciate it.

The feeling in her chest returned once again as she felt her heart skip a beat. But she felt glad it had returned.

Asuna: your welcome Muzan, you've been a great friend to me and you mean a lot to me... Happy birthday Muzan.

They continued to finish off their meals, which they relaxed soon after. Enjoying the night together in their new home, with the Chestnut haired girl eager to start her next adventure tomorrow.

A/N

I'm back from my holiday!

Hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll like to simply ask if you guys want me to publish all the chapters I've written?

I'll probably end up doing it anyways.

Anyways hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

Yours Truly, Rec0iL

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 28 40
This is a retelling of the "Fairy Dance Arc" from "Sword Art Online." Since the "Sword Art Online Progressive" movie is dropping this year, I though...
2.5K 73 5
(A/N: This story isn't yet finalized. Don't expect any further updates to this book until further notice.) In the year 2022, a VRMMORPG called Sword...
500K 24.8K 38
❝ My last words were 'yeet'. What a disgrace. ❞ - (Y/N) (L/N) while dying (again) on a riverbank. ~~~ After dying in a freak accident, you found your...
1.4K 66 6
Furuteri Sakura was a girl who loved to break games. Finding glitches and exploits was what she enjoyed most, and she had become a fairly popular gli...