π•Šπ•¨π• π•£π•• 𝔸𝕣π•₯ π•†π•Ÿπ•π•šπ•ŸοΏ½...

By Reci0L

Inspired by @Guardian_Angel-21 November 6th, 2022 The day of Japan's first ever VRMMORPG to ever release,. A... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning of a Nightmare
Chapter 2: A New Hope?
Chapter 3: Training Begins
Chapter 4: The First Dungeon
Chapter 5: The More the Merrier
Chapter 6: Illfang the Kobold Lord
Chapter 7: The Pink haired Blacksmith
Chapter 8: Dreams
Chapter 9: Greed
Chatper 11: Surprise!
Chapter 12: The Trap Room
Chapter 13: Loved
Chapter 14: The Dragon Tamer
Chapter 15: The "Safe" Zone
Chapter 16: Selfishness
Chapter 17: Lambent Light
Chapter 18: Raid
Chapter 19: The Army of Two

Chatper 10: The Black Cats

94 3 2
By Reci0L

' Somewhere within Aincrad's 11th floor '

A few weeks have passed since the incident on the 24th boss room. Kibaou, overwhelmed by the negative pressure from the assault team caused by his actions within the boss fight, made him and his guild leave the frontline entirely. Many players say that he fled down to the first floor, joining the Aincrad Liberation Army. Sharing information to others about the floors and other sorts. But this information wasn't relevant to our duo.

As of now our duo was joined by the same Black swordsman that accompanies them on their boss raids. Right now they were sitting within a tavern, side by side with a group of players opposite them. Kirito rubbing the side of his face, after receiving a punch from the rapier wielder, not taking the warnings from her seriously. All were holding cups full of an alcoholic beverage... almost all. The masked swordsman who was seated in the seat next to his partner hasn't once touched the glasses beverage before him.

The trio were introduced by Keita, the leader of the Moonlit Black Cats to the rest of the guild

Tetsuo

Sasamaru

Ducker

Sachi

Ducker: To the Moonlit Black Cats, CHEERS!!!

The sound of glass impacting echoed through the room, while the two of the there sat there awkwardly, the final player sat there unfazed by the enthusiastic guild.

Tetsuo: and this is for Asuna, Kirito, and Muzan for saving our lives! Cheers!

As the mentioned 3 awkwardly cheered, the guild began to come up to them. Bombarding them with praise and gratitude.

Sachi: Thank you guys so much for saving us! I wouldn't know what to do if you weren't there to help us!

Kirito: it's nothing really... we just happened to be around.

Keita: hey... I don't wasn't to sound rude but may I ask what level you guys are?

Taking a look at their Health bars, they could see their levels on the right end of the stat bar. Finding a player who was under level 35 wasn't common, the trio's levels ranged between level 40-50 being in the assault team had its perks. If the beater duo were to reveal their real levels they would assume that Kirito would be considered a beater too.

Muzan: level 20...

Keita: oh! That's not much different from ours. You guys are awesome! Hey! Would you like to join our guild! The way you 3 fight was awesome!

Kirito: uhh, actually these two are in a duo party. I'm just a solo player, I mostly target isolated mobs to help me level up. It's not the best way to level up fast.

Keita: oh well if that's the case then Kirito, would you like to join our guild? I mean with your skill, you'll be able to help in the vanguard with Tetsuo. I was going to get Sachi to assist him but she's also new to her role as well, maybe you can show her the ropes?

Sachi: hey! Stop talking down on me like that! It's not my fault I can't fight on the vanguard. I'll be scared!

Keita: yeah, yeah  you've been a scaredy-cat for as long as I've known you.

Asuna: you guys seem to know each other very well.

Keita: yeah, we're all from the PC research club at our school. You two may join if you'd like, you'll be right at home!

Asuna: Thanks, but we're both are okay as a duo, but Kirito might be happy to join. Isn't that right Kirito? Being solo can only get you so far.

Kirito: Uhhh...

Hesitation came to the Black Swordsman, preventing him from answering instantly. A voice broke him out of his hesitant trance.

Muzan: Kirito... may I speak with you outside?

Snapping his head towards the masked swordsman, locking eyes with him. Not knowing what he was thinking, he reluctantly replied with a nod before rising from his seat to follow Muzan outside.

Kirito: so why did you bring me outside to talk about?

Muzan: I bought you out here to tell you to take up Keita's offer, I think it's the best for you.

A look of surprise washed over the black swordsman. He never saw this coming, he was being told to join a guild, all while the man infront of him wasn't even in a guild either. Kirito began to question the man before him saying that he wasn't sure, lying about their levels. All while fearing the worst if the Black Cats found out.

Muzan: I see where you're coming from. But as Asuna stated, being a solo player has its restrictions. Even though I'm not in a guild... I'm not alone.

Kirito: I know... I just... I fear the worst.

Muzan: a man should only fear about something he will lose... not what he could lose.

The black swordsman pondered on the man's words, confused at first. But the more he thought about it, the more those words made sense.

Muzan: will you let your fear, tear you down?

Kirito: no... I won't, *sigh* fine, I'll accept Keita offer.

The masked man gave a small nod of approval, gesturing to re-enter the tavern before him. Upon returning to the table of the group, Muzan returned to the seat next to his duo, Kirito made his announcement.

Kirito: Keita, I accept your offer. I'll happily join your guild.

The Black Cats cheered, welcoming the new member in celebration. This mark a new beginning for "The Black Swordsman"

The duo stayed in their seats. Happy to see their friend join The Moonlit Black Cats. They knew Kirito needed to open up more and this was the right step to take.

~~ Timeskip ~~

Night has fallen within Aincrad's 11th floor, a certain Inn housed the beater duo. Allowing them to rest for the day that comes after. But a certain swordswoman couldn't succumb to slumber, as she was wide awake. Sitting up from her bed, she took glances to both sides of her room.

Asuna: *sigh* I think I'll just take a walk.

Rising from her bed, making sure to prevent her partner from waking up as she wasn't going to take too long. Equipping her armor before taking her exit from the Inn. Walking through the town, she took in the view that surrounded her. Witnessing the lights that shined through the path infront of her, too fixated on the scenes around her she didn't notice the person in front of her causing them to collide with one another.

Asuna: Sorry! I didn't mean to, I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking!

???: That's alright, A-chan!

Immediately recognising the voice that she heard. A short female player stood infront of Asuna. The player had brown eyes, golden brown hair which most of it was covered by the hood of her cloak. A set of whiskers were also present upon her cheeks.

Asuna: Argo! It's been a while since we saw each other!

Argo: mhmm, how long has it been? About 3 months ago now?

Argo, a beta tester who played the role of an Info Broker. She was famous for giving accurate information on Bosses, Dungeons, weapons, you name it. But this information came with a price tagged on them, earning the nickname "Argo the Rat". Asuna was introduced to Argo by Muzan asking about a map for a specific dungeon to infiltrate.

Asuna: it has, what are you doing in the lower floors?

Argo: I could say the same for you, but to answer your question. I'm trying to find this rare as item but finding the damn thing is starting to grind my gears!

Asuna: I see... How have you been anyway?

Argo: oh you know, the usual... buying and selling information. How are you and Mu-boo doin? Heard he went crazy on the 24th floor.

Asuna: 'Mu-boo?' Yeah, he got a bit angry due to a guild leader recklessness but other than that We've actually been very busy. Focusing on clearing the floors with the assault team. So we've been doing okay.

Receiving a nod of understanding from the info rat.

Asuna: well I hope you find the item your looking for.

Argo: thanks A-chan, oh yeah! It's getting close to it, what are you thinking of getting Mu-boo?

A look of confusion washed over Asuna. What was Argo talking about?

Argo: judging by your face he hasn't told you yet? I'm talking about Mu-boo's birthday. But to be fair... him being so secretive, it's no surprise he hasn't told you yet.

Asuna: 'Muzan's birthday?' No he hasn't... to be honest I think his attention is on clearing the game than thinking about his birthday. How on earth do you know his birthday anyway?

Argo: hehe, I may or may not have peek over his shoulder when he had his menu open.

Asuna: well, as his friend. I've got to get him a present... now tell me, when is it?

Argo: uup, uup, uup, you know the rules A-chan.

Sighing at the Info rat's remark. Asuna opened her menu to send Argo the required amount of money, Argo receiving it moments later

Argo: Thank you~ so... the date from what I saw was May 7th (This is my real birthday too) I hope you know what he likes~ ;)

The chestnut haired girl felt he face burn up slightly at that last comment, becoming a bit fidgety at the same time.

Asuna: yeah... thanks for the info Argo. That give me about a month to figure out what to get him. I'll see you later!

Argo: okay then, safe travels A-chan!

After that, the two girls went their separate ways. Asuna taking the path back to the Inn, as her mind wondered...

'What should I get Muzan?'

A\N

Boom another chapter done!

Hope you enjoyed it

Just to let you know I'll be on holiday at the end of the week so I'll be a bit absent for the time being but fear not I'll still be writing and will have chapters ready for you guys when I get back.

So just a heads up!

Have a great rest of your day!

Your Truly, Rec0iL

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

498K 24.6K 38
❝ My last words were 'yeet'. What a disgrace. ❞ - (Y/N) (L/N) while dying (again) on a riverbank. ~~~ After dying in a freak accident, you found your...
5.9K 116 8
{NOT FINISHED - DISCONTINUED I'm long not in touch with SAO anymore, so I won't be finishing this. Sorry! - AsunaLee, 2/22/2020} Kazuto Kirigaya, wh...
2.2K 28 40
This is a retelling of the "Fairy Dance Arc" from "Sword Art Online." Since the "Sword Art Online Progressive" movie is dropping this year, I though...