Kismat

By Aahaana02

Shourya Singhania - The 26-year-old heir of a multi-million dollar company, a protective gentleman who looks... More

Character Aesthetics
NOTE
Prologue
Chapter 1: Maturity and Immaturity
Chapter 2: The Phone Call
Chapter 3: Difficult Conversations
Chapter 4: Broken Promises
Chapter 5: Another proposal
Chapter 6: Yes or No?
Chapter 7: So it's a Yes?
Chapter 8: A Nervous Shourya.
Chapter 9: Temple Blessings
Chapter 10: The Reception
Chapter 11: Insecurities
Chapter 12: Deciding a date
Chapter 13: Spills and Saves
Chapter 14: Her Secret Folder
Chapter 15: Anything she wants
Chapter 16: Shopping with the Singhania's
Chapter 17: The Engagement
Chapter 18: Road Trip
Chapter 19: Sightseeing Part 1
Chapter 20: Sightseeing Part 2
Chapter 21: Pooja and Sangeet
Hi Guys!
Chapter 22: Mehndi and Haldi
Chapter 23: The Big Day
Chapter 24: The First Day
Chapter 25: Back Home
Chapter 26: Thief
Please Read!!
Chapter 27: Playing CID
Chapter 28: Consequences
Chapter 29: The Aftermath
Chapter 30: Sweet Talks
Chapter 31: Court Case
Chapter 32: France Part 1
Rohan's Story!
Chapter 33: France Part 2
Chapter 34: Care
Chapter 35: Gifts
Chapter 37: Anniversary
Chapter 38: Blessed
Chapter 39: Announcement
Chapter 40: Tantrums
Chapter 40: Fears
NEW COVER
Chapter 41: Baby Shower
Chapter 42: Arrival
Epilogue: Disneyland
HEY GUYS!
Meesha's surprise!
EXCITING NEWS!!
KINDLE PRE-ORDER
KINDLE PRE-ORDERS FOR INDIA

Chapter 36: Regret

75.6K 3.7K 52
By Aahaana02

Reema was sitting in her room, running her fingers over the jewellery box Shourya and Meera had gotten her from France. She grazed the motifs and the glass on the lid. Deep regret set in the pit of her stomach as she gazed at the gift they had gotten her. The family had just finished lunch and were gathered in the living room enjoying each other's company. This included Rohan, he wanted to be a part of the family like he used to, like when they were kids. 

Reema had run off to her room after the cheerful breakfast. It was too confronting for her to see the happiness she thought she would have for herself, slipped through her fingers due to her own mistakes. The mistakes she made throughout her life, as a wife, as a mother and as a mother-in-law. She's failed on multiple occasions due to her arrogance and jealousy. And she knew this, she knew how flawed she was, how flawed her actions were. 

Reema thought back to this morning when Meera stuttered giving her the present they had bought for her. Her hesitation and slight discomfort to address her, yet the thoughtfulness to remember Reema was like a slap on the face. She sighed as she put her gift away in her wardrobe before lying back down on her bed. She was in deep thought about her action and was feeling ashamed that her actions have directly or indirectly hurt her family when a knock on the door took away her attention. 

Who would it be? Neel had even instructed the house workers to not engage more than needed with his wife. And, the workers initially felt uncomfortable, but very soon got used to it as they themselves didn't hold much respect for that woman. In fact, the workers were relieved to not have to listen to her complaints and taunts. 

Reema sat up and asked, "who is it?"

The doorknob opened ever so slightly and Reema noticed it was Meera, she had ever so gently opened the door and stepped only one foot in, her eyes showed hesitation as she fiddled with her fingers, Meera gazed back at the living room at her husband. 

"Woh chachiji, mei-mein kya keh rahi thi ki sab walk pr jane ka soch rahe the. Mausam bhi aa-acha hai. Hum sab tyaar hai, aap b-bh-bhi ch-chaliye na?"

(Umm, chachiji, I was saying that we're all going on a walk. The weather is nice too. We're all ready, so i-if you would li-like, you also come?)

"Tumhare chachaji ko aacha nahi lagega, tum log jao."

(Your chachaji won't like it, you guys go.)

Meera stepped inside, seeing the downcast eyes of her husband's chachi and moved and kneeled in front of Reema. 

"No chachiji, he won't say anything. Please come, it's not nice having a member of the family missing when we're all together."

Reema gazed at Meera for a moment, before tears began to form in her eyes. She held Meera's hand and guided her to sit up on the bed. 

"Mujhe maaf krdo beta. Mein bohot bohot sharminda hun aapne kiye pr. Please mujhe maaf krdo."

(Forgive me, child. I'm very very ashamed of my doing. Please forgive me.)

Meera was startled by the sudden emotional outburst. She gazed at Reema, who had teary eyes her hands were folded and she looked at Meera "Aare, chachiji, please aap aise maat boliye. Aur haath mat jodiye, aap mujhse badi hai."

(Cachiji, please don't say this. And don't fold your hands, you're my elder.)

"Nahi b-beta, me-meri galti hai toh mu-mujhe maafi t-toh mangni hi hai."

(No my ch-child, it's my m-mistake. So I have t-to apologise.)

Meera held Reema's hands and pulled her in for a hug, rubbing the sobbing Reema's back trying her best to console the woman. In Meera's heart, she had long forgotten what had happened in the past and had moved on. Did she have any grudges towards Reema or Rohan? No. Was she looking for an apology? No. Did she think they were wrong for their actions? Yes. But as of now, she just saw a broken woman, who was ignored by her family looking for some sort of comfort. And being the bigger person, she always is, Meera was willing to provide that comfort. 

Meera was busy consoling Reema, and quietening her cries when Shourya came in look for her. "Meera. Chal baba, sab wait kr rahe hai, Aur chach-"

(Meere, let's go, everyone is waiting and chach-)

His steps haltered at the scene in front of him, he poured a glass of water from the side table and sat next to his chachi. 

"Chachi, kya hua? Aap roh kyun rahi hai?" He manages to get Reema out of Meera's arms and hugs her from the side, giving his chachi a kiss on the forehead.

(Chachi, what happened? Why are you crying?) 

Shourya helps Reema sip the water, Meera holds her hand and Shourya wraps his arm around her. 

"Chachiji, jo hona tha woh ho gaye. Abh hume aage ki sochni chahiye na. Please rona band kijiye. Aur jahan tak baat rahi chachaji aur Rohan ki, toh hum bhi dekhte hain ki aapse kab tak naraz rahe gein?"

(Chachiji, what was meant to happen has happened. We have to think of the future now. Please stop crying. And if you're worried about chachaji, then we will also see how long he will stay upset with you?)

"Haan bhai, aise thodi na hota hai. Pr chachi aapko bhi toh himaat dikhani padegi na, hum mardon ki yahi problem hai ki muh phoola kr jaldi beth jaatein hain. Bas kuch din aur, phir Neel chachu kudh aapke peeche peeche aayenge."

(Yes chachi, this is not done. But chachi, you also have to show some courage. We men have this problem, then we very quickly start pouting. Just a few days more and Neel chachu will run after you.)

The couple tried their best to cheer her up, but she was incredibly upset. Somehow they did manage to convince her to come out for a walk and soon the family were out at their local garden for some quality time together. 

Meera had told dadiji and  Suman about the conversation she just had with Reema, which was why the two women ensured to include Reema. Otherwise, the whole family was enjoying themselves. 

"Rohan bhai, mujhe toh lagta hai ki hum jald hi DisneyLand jaynge, dekhiye na kaise bhabhi ke saath chipke hue hai!" Riya giggles and Aarav does a silly dance to tease the couple.

(Rohan bhai, I think we're going to go to Disneyland soon, look at how he's stuck to bhabhi.)

Meera turns beet red and wiggles out of her husband's hold, she moves next to Aarav. She pulls his ear making a stop to his dance and he stands up straight. 

"Haan to ditna jaldi DisneyLand ke plan hoga, uttna hi jaldi tum dono ko jobs starts krni padegi. Shourya ne bola tha ki tum kuch kroge toh hi vo le kr jayge. Warna apni biwi, bacchon aur Jai ke saath hi chala jayga." Rohan says as he ruffles Riya's hair.

(Yes so the quicker they plan to go to Disneyland, the quicker you'll have to get jobs. Shourya said, he'll take you if you end up doing something. Otherwise, he'll take his wife, kids and Jai.)

This earns Rohan a high five from Shourya and a huff from the twins, "Kya bhai, aapko kehna that ki tension maat lo, mein hun na. Mein le jaunga. Aur aap hain ki."

(Eh bhai, you were supposed to say, don't worry, I am here. I'll take you guys. And here you are.)

Rohan laughed at Aarav imitating his voice as they kept walking. The elders watched the youngsters tease and laugh with each other. Neel was glad that Rohan was finally finding his place amongst them and he was welcomed with open arms.

So guys! How did you like the update?

Please vote, comment and share your opinions.

What did you guys think of Reema's emotional outburst? 

Do you think she is regretful because of the way her husband is treating her? Or do you think because of the sudden isolation, she's had time to reflect on everything that has happened from the start and she's finally starting to realise her mistakes?

Love you guys, and see you in the next update! 

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 76.4K 48
Sequel to Kismat - Can be read by itself, but you will get some backstory if you read Kismat first! Rohan Singhania - 30-year-old CEO of his father's...
156K 8.2K 29
"To the heartbeat that quickens at your touch, a melody only our souls can truly dance to......." IZHAAR: Sanity to my Insanity and Peace to my Chaos...
123K 8.3K 33
" Do..n't... come.. to..me..mee ...." --- with closed eyes She said with her horrified trembling voice . " Blossom , listen to me Blossom , it's ju...
550K 40.3K 63
She is a beautiful girl not so innocent .... all day engaged in reading novels......surrounded by many people around so called "her family" ... yet...