Titan Turn; A TDS Story

By OK1610

Gravedigger had always been the missfit of the family. With his new friend however, he finds his place in the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 (Halloween Special)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 12

180 2 1
By OK1610

All hell broke loose at the base. A group of workers were hurrying to the garage with the Engineer in the front. Despite it being almost 3AM sleep was no longer an option, two children just disappeared off of the radar, the portal they took shut down, supplies went missing and no one knew what to do.
The Commander was pacing back and forth, yelling orders that fell on deaf ears, everyone was panicking, running around aimlessly.
All Fallen could do was watch, his youngest son, his son disappeared through the same portal that left him without his brother. Internally he was crushed, he just sat on a crate contemplating on what to do. Soon enough the other Titans arrived at the scene, all but Molten who was still in the infirmary, they spent the night at the base planning to leave in the morning. Sinister was the first to step forward pulling his older brother into a hug. Despite how stoic his brother was, Sinister could tell with ease he was distressed, he too couldn't help but feel terrified, his nephew was gone, a Tower child left with him which could mean war.

Frost Spirit and Ducky looked at one another, they couldn't believe Grave actually went through with it. Not only that but Scout joined him, a Tower helping a Titan. The atmosphere startled Ducky a little, first being awakened in the middle of the night by sirens going off after an explosion strong enough to shake the base happened and now they find out the crazy plan Grave had actually worked... And they knew about it...
He clung onto Frost's arm, who in turn wrapped an arm around his small bro. Frost himself felt guilty for letting Grave do it, they knew and didn't do anything to stop him.

The Engineer's arrival broke them out of their thoughts. She scanned the portal, the mechanical part of it she understood, it was the magic that was the problem. Within closer inspection she could see where the tech part of the portal stopped and where the ancient magical part began.

She turned to the Commander, "It just needs a strong power source. Those two drained the whole building of electricity when they opened it. However, the hocus pocus part is an issue. I don't know how to work magic and it definitely needs something to activate that little crystal at the top... "

"Well, we need to figure out something, dammit! I can't have two kids running around an unknown place! " he yelled. A few foot steps stopped near him, gazing over the portal right behind the Towers. He could feel a person breath down on him. It was Swordmaster.

"Opening spells aren't hard... My question is, is it really worth the trouble? " he asked nonchalantly. Commander turned on his heel ready to explode but Fallen beat him to it.

"What do you mean it's not worth it?" It always unnerved Commander seeing Fallen so cold yet so calm, if it was him Swordmaster's head would be off long ago. "Our children are gone..alone, Creator knows where.."

"It wouldn't have happened if you had learnt how to keep your child in line." Swordmaster spat in his face. "Or do you think it was this pest's kid who came up with it?" he raised an eyebrow mockingly, sneering.
Although his tone was steel-sharp and his glare alone could cut some one's soul in half, it didn't scare Fallen, he knew his mentor was like this. But it hurt nonetheless as he felt there was some truth to his words. Maybe if he wasn't so harsh with Gravedigger he would still be here.. Their conversation after Molten's injury replayed in his head, the hurt in the boy's eyes... It was his fault the child's not here anymore and who knows if he will ever see him again. He fought back a tear or two, staying quiet as to not escalate the disscusion further.

Frost heard the stinging words of his grandfather and walked over to Fallen, placing a hand on his arm.
"Uncle, I have to tell you something.."
The man turned to the smaller boy, the Commander also paying attention. Frost swallowed hard a lump felt in his throat, "Me and Ducky knew about Gravedigger's plan.."
Fallen blinked, a slight shock adorning his face, but it was the Commander who walked forward, "What do you mean you knew?" he asked, eyeing the young man down.

"W-Well, after the meeting Grave came to the garage w- with Scout and...and they said something about...about leaving and I asked where they were going and Grave said he could get my father back and...they did it..", Frost took a few steps back intimidated by the Commander's hard gaze. Com' took a second to think before he spoke,"If this plan was already in motion by the time of the meeting...that means they must have been preparing for a while.. Spirit take me to Gravedigger's room. Right now."

"Y-Yes sir!" nodded Frost and set off with the Commander, Engineer and Fallen trailing behind him. Afterwards Swordmaster made his way back to Reaver, locking arms and watching the mechanics scramble to figure out a way to control the power source, Ducky remaining alone to sulk in the corner, glaring daggers at his fossile of a 'granfather' for making him believe Grave was bad news.

The group soon arrived at the boy's room and began searching around for any clues that might help them activate the portal. Under the bed, in the desk drawers, nothing. It was only when Engineer pulled up a cloth covering an old metal board did they realize just how much thought went into this master plan.
The board looked like that of a detective from Hollywood movies, crudely drawn scribbles of the portal, a map, some kind of machine that looked awfully lot like one of their retired ATV models, a script in a weird language all conected via some dots and colored string. The three stared puzzled, it was both impressive and absolutely horrifing that two kids were able to plan this all out in a military base that was suppose to be guarded and watched at all times, without anyone noticing.

Engineer whistled, "Sheesh, if you don't want the kid after you find him I'll take him!" poking Fallen. Commander looked at her dumb founded, "WHAT?"

She pointed towards the blueprints "Look at these! They are modifications made to one of our ATVs, all from scratch! I have workers who can barely use a screwdriver let alone work on a project and this kid builds CARS!! Are you kidding me?!", she snatched the paper off the board inspecting it closer,"It's a wooden based motor too those aren't around anymore and he did it...'cause he probably thought that they will need fuel...and will have nowhere to get gasoline from... This kid's a genius!!! I want him on my team ASAP!"

Fallen glanced between the blueprint, and the script...it was in Titan tongue, some fully grown Titans can barely speak it and his kid performed a spell with it?... Wow... He really doesn't know the kid at all...does he.. What a talented child.

Eventually, it was Commander who broke the moment of peace, "It's impressive I mean look at that map drawn to perfection, I recognise that hand writing anywhere... It's Scout... Huh, kid really did enjoy his cartography lessons... He sighed, "OK, enough with the praising! We need to find them! No more wasting time!"

He brushed past Engineer, who grabbed some of the other blueprints, followed by Fallen who still fidgeted with the script in their native tongue.

Another meeting was called. It was almost 5AM, usually the day was just about to start for the Towers but with this emergency no one got a blink of sleep.

"We have to begin preparations for a rescue mission. In and out, no messing around. We don't know what exactly is on that side of the portal so we need to be prepared for anything. I will have my best men on duty. No complaining" he side eyed some of his recruits, continuing, "It will be best if we do not go in big numbers, a few will be great in case there are any malfunctions with the gate"

"What about us?" asked Fallen. "What about you, freak?" intervened Warden, before being told to keep quiet by their leader. His attention returning to Fallen, "What do you mean?"

"Am I supposed to watch from the sidelines while you venture there? My son and possibly my brother are on that side of the world, how do I know you aren't going to leave them there and only take that Scout boy back?"

"Are you serious you monster? Now it's when you want to argue?" said Pyromancer, crossing his arms. The Commander was the first to respond, "Shut it. His son is on the line just like Scout, it's his right to be worried about his kid.", this caused a rather taken aback reaction from the ones present both Towers and Titans. He relaxed, "You have my word your child will be brought back safely"

"I do not want your word, I want to come with you."

"You WHAT?" screeched Sinister.

"What I said. I will conform to any protocol you wish to have for the mission. I want to join you."

The Commander measured him for a moment, he was adamant and the Tower leader knew there was no point in holding him back, "Fine. You can come. You will listen to my command and go through with what I ask." Fallen nodded, "Of course.", they shook hands, locking eyes, despite being polite neither trusted the other.

The Commander cleared his voice, "Engineer, how long do you think it will take to power up the portal?"
She bit her lip, "At least a whole day... The power is at its lowest..."

"Very well, make it happen as soon as possible and use whatever you need to achieve it. What will you do about the ritual?"

"I will do that." cut in Swordmaster. It's not that he actually wanted to help, it was Void Reaver who convinced him to do so. After all he did have a fondness for poor little Gravedigger.

"Alright then it's settled. The moment the portal is active, we will go through and find those kids..! Everyone, meeting dismissed!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 159 42
Just some headcanons that also include the "Titan Turn" story verse. (not super spoilery just imp stuff) (updates might be a little slow) If you l...
3.5K 24 25
Basically the stuff that happens in TDS but with lore and stuff (but not in it's EXACT order xd)
14.6K 489 17
She opened her eyes and found that her family is still there. With space in hand,she will find her family,abuse fake friend ,fight zombies and stand...
1K 92 35
A rewrite of my original book but with more effort put in because the og one is trash if I'm gonna be honest. Join the towers in their adventure to s...