Tore

By luxezone4

So we meet again ? Your closets are overflowing , mine are opening back up. We're both tore up thinking about... More

prelude | the breakdown
one | not today
two | on my way
three |upscale
four | you
five | love me, hate me
six | arise
seven | party's over.
eight | go figure
nine | high off you
ten | be eazy.
eleven | thinkin' bout you
thirteen | put it on the floor
fourteen | another heartbreak.
fifteen | long as you know
sixteen | remember me
seventeen | pressure
eighteen | white roses
nineteen | l u c k y
twenty | song for u
twenty-one | granted
twenty-two | don dada
twenty-three | surrender
twenty-four | sum real
twenty-five | urgency
twenty-six | true
twenty-seven | daddy's home

twelve | optimal

229 11 0
By luxezone4

Present Day, 2019

Kaine

"Kaine, although, it was not an optimal choice, you nor I would have been able to follow our dreams. You didn't force me. You know my motha' did. But? It didn't help that when I told you, you asked me who's it was. Knowing damn well you were my first and only time."

I just sat and listened as she recollected the whole ordeal,

"That solidified my womanhood and we never talked about it again, ever. I stayed in that shelter, told my mother, she really wanted me gone then..Mary couldn't stand the sight of me, and you abandoned me. All for me to get the abortion. But my life changed because of it."

"I'm so sorry Leigh, I had no idea that you were a virgin, that we had done anything, and I honestly thought you were going to keep it and I was prepared to step up."

She nodded, "Like I said you hurt me in more ways than one. I know it wasn't LeSane's place but if I was a man I would have done the same thing. The literal only thing I thank Grant for, is Noa. He was meant to be here."

With that, she rubbed my eye, and led me out of the room, packed a small bag, and left in her town car with Noa.

"Please stay."

"I can't, not tonight." Her voice broke.

"The least I can do is keep Noa.."

"Please." I pleaded.

He reached out for me, "Da!"

"Oh no.."

"Oh no.."

"We gotta go Kaine."

I grabbed her arm,

"I can at least give him a hug, we'll discuss this later."

She obliged, handing him to me,

I hugged him tightly and kissed his forehead.

"Bye Noa, see you soon..."

..

I ended my night watching Netflix in the living room.

Frio was calling my phone once again tonight so I answered finally for the first time.

"Yo, Frio."

"Son, you have to come to my house party."

"I can't. I have work and Leigh will literally have my head if I'm late to work again."

"Who's Leigh?"

"My assistant."

"Fuck her. She works for you. It's not like y'all fucking."

"You right."

"You coming or what?"

"I'll be there."
--
LeSane

Leigh came in super late. That nigga must've worked her like a dog, it was like two in the morning. She fell asleep immediately but her phone buzzed constantly.

Finally, I had had enough.

"Leigh." I whispered,

"No, daddy I don't wanna get up."

"It's Kaine." I raised her phone.

"Man, Kaine fuck you..ugly..ass." She said half sleeping.

I shook her awake, her eyes fluttered and then closed again. Then they opened. She blinked twice, "LeSane? Is everything okay? You need anything?"

She hopped up immediately.

I laid her back down,

"Yes, everything's fine. You're phones been ringin' off the hook. And it's been your boss."

She nodded, I guess knowingly, and she politely dismissed me.
..
Leigh

"What?"

"I'm about to go out."

"And?"

"And I just wanted to let you know..."

"But we have work in...." I said as I turned over and looked at time,

"I know and I'll be back, I'll call you."

"Okay..it's your life, fine by me."

"You coming back to the house or I gotta come get you Leigh?"

"I'm good where I'm at right now. You buggin' Kaine. You act like I don't do my job."

"You do. I just—I don't know. It's sometimes hard to be your boss. I care a bit about you."

"Good, as you should for all of your employees. Good night."
--
Kaine

The music was ass but Frio's driveway was packed, so something had to be going right. When I entered his home I was greeted by naked strippers, money being thrown left and right, bottles being open at every corner, smoke everywhere, and the guys. The Crew—five out of six—all in one spot? What could go wrong?

Everything.

Everyone came from Manhattan, Atlanta, and Houston to stay for a while. The rest of the guests I didn't really fuck with.

"Yo look it's Mack!"

"Kaine, you dog." I felt someone grab my shoulder.

"Cold Cole."

"Hollywood!"

I couldn't help but to laugh,

"Fuck y'all."

We all sat down and bottles started rotating and so did conversation.

"Mack we heard you gotta a new girl .."

"I don't."

"Nah man, I could've sworn my girl was scrolling and said she saw something on one of them rooms about you and some mystery chick as they put it.."

Bobbi explained,

I laughed.

Derrick smiled big at me and started 'congratulating me for coming to my senses and cutting off Stacy.'

"She fine?"

"Unimportant, I heard Derrick got a new baby moms." Number 5." I took a shot of Hennessy.

"I do and I think I'm going to marry her."

"What the fuck? Nigga!" We all said in unison.

"His ass is drunk. But does Chyna know you got all these naked bitches ova' here?" Eazy asked Frio,

"She's one of em'." He pointed her out and there she was naked as the day she was born.

We all had to dap him up for that shit.

However, I know that my girl wouldn't be outchea with her ass all out.

Wasn't my problem so I didn't care.

"I'm still stuck on this 'Leigh' chick. I wanna see her. You gotta picture?"

Eazy asked, damn Frio got a big mouth.

"I don think so.."

"Describe her." Bobbi interjected.

I didn't want them to know it was the same Leigh so I just took more and more shots.

"Just know none of y'all are going to get at her. And I mean it. Come by the house tomorrow you can see young girl."

"She a young broad?"

"She's like 26 or 27."

"I bet one of us can get her before you."

"I don't want her. She's just off limits."

I know she doesn't have a nigga but these niggas didn't have to know that.
....

Kaine

Shot after shot my mind started to blur a bit.

Luckily I can handle my liquor—when I want.

I looked around the room full of mostly strangers and one stood out in particular.

The wing tattoo on the person's neck and their posture told me that it was time for me to go.

Tori?

"What the fuck is Tori doing hea'?"

I can feel my anger flaring and my liquid courage was gone.

It seemed like it all rushed somewhere else and my mind went into attack mode.

"She here? Where?" Derrick, loud, obvious ass asked yelling at the top of his lungs.

"Six o'clock."

Straight ahead.

While watching her, a bald and very tall figure wrapped his arms around her waist.

Nicolai Lucas.

Ten years ago the Crew and myself used to push weight for him and once we stopped he felt betrayed.

But niggas wanted careers and educations, hell, I only did it for a good year.

Why the hell was he in Frio's house?

"Frio. Why the hell is Nico here?"

"Better question, why are they here together?"

Everyone looked at him like he was crazy , "He said he wanted to talk to Mack about a new deal."

He continued, "I had no idea about her wack ass."

That statement alone caused us all to face palm.

Out of all of us Eazy, Poet, and I were the only smartest—in the streets and books.

"Any of y'all strapped?" Eazy asked.

I wasn't.

We paused, shell-shocked, none of us were strapped—with anything.

On occasion I was but lately not so often.

I had no need to be—all the time. I left that thug shit behind me.

I never wanted to have kids and a family then end up having to pick up and leave abruptly every second of the day for hours, days , or months, or even years.

We looked around frantically and four men positioned in every corner, damn Frio fucked up bad.

"I really hope that's your fucking security .."

"We gotta get outta here.."

"We ain't no bitches man!—"

"I got important shit, Frio. We all do. Unlike you, we got families and real problems. Let's just sit—think about this man." Bobbi interjected.

He was right.

I had to get home—soon. They might be even more bold and to go there, putting Leigh in danger.

I know they keep tabs on everyone.

I wouldn't let anyone touch her.

Not again.

"Gentlemen. What a nice—reunion."

He was clad in a suit, and he was accompanied with two buff–strapped niggas.

"Not a pleasure to see you Nico. What the hell do you want?" Poet boldly barked,

"Who invited this nigga?"

"Poet, shut the fuck up. I made you. I invited myself."

He retreated,

"Now you bold? Yous a fucking clown. I wanted to have a talk with Mack about what's on that drive and where it's at. It's rightfully mine. Either I get my money back or the drive."

What the hell is this nigga talking about?

"I went down for all of y'all sorry asses. I was practically y'all father and this is how you repay me?"

He chuckled as he sat down, and lit his cigarette.

He sat his piece down onto the table—it didn't frighten any of us—maybe Frio punk ass.

"I got six bullets fa'all y'all, even for QB. How you wanna do this? I go for your family first or kill y'all right now. Make it easier for me."

We heard triggers click and the feeling of cold steel at the back of our heads.

"We gave you your money—ten years ago. Your shit got stolen. You're not getting anything from my company."

I said, this shit is ridiculous.

We paid off our debt of five-hundred-fifty thousand dollars and then some.

Nico was quiet for the past five years but he came out of nowhere—sending death threats, almost killing at least one of our loved ones, and manipulating anything tangible.

"I don't give a shit. You're going to give me money back. You don't think I know who stole it? Y'all niggas. I'm not stupid—I been in this game since I was thirteen. Remember who helped your ass with that little bitch of a company."

Wait what?

I don't think, he even understood himself.

Why the hell would any of us have stolen it?

Poet is a prominent producer on the East Coast and song-writer.

Frio, has a burger chain mixed with strip club thing going on and its surprisingly successful in Vegas and expanding on the west coast.

Bobbi, he's a plastic surgeon for Christ's sake!

Derrick, is a sociology professor at NYU.

QB, plays in pro football, all the way in Canada.

Finally, Eazy, he's touring around the world as a motivational speaker and life coach.

None of us needed the money—we had it saved up and have great jobs.

All of a sudden I felt my phone ringing and vibrating in my pocket.

"Gon' head answer it."
..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

381K 21.6K 60
Rhysand, Everything is in here. I'm sorry I stole them. Your hoodie, your cologne, your earrings, your college shirt and all your other shirts, your...
482 7 36
"Stop making me feel like I'm going crazy for loving you."
110 26 19
things I wish to say.
3.2M 107K 55
Completed.