Kismat

By Aahaana02

Shourya Singhania - The 26-year-old heir of a multi-million dollar company, a protective gentleman who looks... More

Character Aesthetics
NOTE
Prologue
Chapter 1: Maturity and Immaturity
Chapter 2: The Phone Call
Chapter 3: Difficult Conversations
Chapter 4: Broken Promises
Chapter 5: Another proposal
Chapter 6: Yes or No?
Chapter 7: So it's a Yes?
Chapter 8: A Nervous Shourya.
Chapter 9: Temple Blessings
Chapter 10: The Reception
Chapter 11: Insecurities
Chapter 12: Deciding a date
Chapter 13: Spills and Saves
Chapter 14: Her Secret Folder
Chapter 15: Anything she wants
Chapter 16: Shopping with the Singhania's
Chapter 17: The Engagement
Chapter 18: Road Trip
Chapter 19: Sightseeing Part 1
Chapter 20: Sightseeing Part 2
Chapter 21: Pooja and Sangeet
Hi Guys!
Chapter 22: Mehndi and Haldi
Chapter 24: The First Day
Chapter 25: Back Home
Chapter 26: Thief
Please Read!!
Chapter 27: Playing CID
Chapter 28: Consequences
Chapter 29: The Aftermath
Chapter 30: Sweet Talks
Chapter 31: Court Case
Chapter 32: France Part 1
Rohan's Story!
Chapter 33: France Part 2
Chapter 34: Care
Chapter 35: Gifts
Chapter 36: Regret
Chapter 37: Anniversary
Chapter 38: Blessed
Chapter 39: Announcement
Chapter 40: Tantrums
Chapter 40: Fears
NEW COVER
Chapter 41: Baby Shower
Chapter 42: Arrival
Epilogue: Disneyland
HEY GUYS!
Meesha's surprise!
EXCITING NEWS!!
KINDLE PRE-ORDER
KINDLE PRE-ORDERS FOR INDIA

Chapter 23: The Big Day

86.9K 5.1K 698
By Aahaana02

Meera pouts at Shourya, who is on his friends' shoulders. She's holding the white rose varmala in her hands, trying to reach up to him so she can put it around his neck.

Seeing Meera's struggles, Shourya jumps off his friends' shoulders and bows down in front of the beauty dressed as his bride. Meera smiles as she puts the garland on him. Before waiting for Shourya to reciprocate the action.

Aarav signals to someone at the back to let the fireworks go off as the couple looks at each other. Meera gazes up at the fireworks and Shourya gazes down at her. The picture-perfect couple.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Meera closes her eyes as Shourya lifts her maang tikka to fill her her maang with sindoor, she felt some of it drop on her nose. Once Shourya puts the maang tikka down, she gazes at him. She smiles shyly with tears in her eyes, everything else blurry, all her eyes could focus on was him.

Anushka passes Shourya the mangalsutra and Muskaan helps lift Meera's veil. Shourya tied the nuptial necklace around her neck as she gazes down at her fingers. Shourya holds Meera's hand as they circle the sacred fire seven times before the guests shower the newly married couple with rose petals.

.

.

.

.

.

Meera hugs her father tight, he was the last one left for her to meet before she leaves with her husband. Suraj helps his precious daughter into the car before turning to Shourya.

"Bohot naazon se pala hai meri pari ko, khyal rakhna hamari bachi ka."

(I've raised my angel with a lot of pride and love. Please take care of our child.)

"Please, baba. Don't say that. Mein aapki pari ko ranion ki tarah rakhunga. Mujh pr bharosa rakhiye."

(Please baba, don't say that. I'll treat your angel like a queen. Please trust me.)

Shourya takes a seat in the backseat next to his wife as the car starts to ride off. Meera looks back at her parents standing at the entrance of the wedding hall, they seemed to get smaller and smaller as the car drove further away. Once they were out of sight, she turns back. Shourya wraps his arm around her and rubs her back and arm to soothe her and stop her teary hiccups.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Shourya stood at the doorstep of his haveli, his bride standing next to him. Both were gazing at Suman, who was waiting to welcome her son and daughter-in-law. Suman does the aarti, before Riya places the kalaash filled with rice on the doorstep.

Meera gently tips in over with her right foot, and the rice scatters into the house as she takes her first step into her sasural. Shourya helps lift his bride's lehenga as she steps into the red liquid before stepping onto the white fabric. It was a tradition in the Singhania's to take the footprints of every bride. Suman holds Meera's hand as she guides her delicate daughter-in-law over to the living room.

"Bete, bohot raat ho gayi hai. Sab thak gaye hai. Baki ki rasme kal kr lenge. Riya apni Bhabhi ko uske kemre mein lejao."

(My child, it' s very late. Everyone is tired . We'll do the rest of the rituals tomorrow. Riya take your sister-in-law to her room.)

.

.

.

.

.

.

The room is lit with twinkle lights and candles, the bed is decorated with soft delicate flowers and there is a white canopy surrounding the four sides of the bed. The balcony door is open, with the full moon shining brightly as it peeks into the bedroom of the couple.

There are red rose petals scattered around the blushing bride as she waits for her husband. She sits in the middle of the bed, her knees up to her chest as her dupatta and lehenga skirt cover the bed. Her hands joined each other at her knees. Nervousness filled her mind and a shy excitement filled her heart.

Meera's eyes snap to the door when she hears the sound of the door opening, she gazes at the man she's been waiting for as he enters; her husband turns and closes the lock of their room. He had taken off his sherwani, so he was just in the white kurta pyjama. As he steps closer, Meera shifts slightly, holding her hands tighter shuffling her feet closer, and moving her chin into her chest.

Shourya could sense her nervousness mixed with shyness as he moves the canopy to reveal his exquisite beauty. He takes a seat near his love and gazes at her, she peeks up at him through her lashes waiting for him to say something.

Shourya chuckles at her before lifting the veil, revealing his blushing bride. Meera gazes up at him for a split second before looking back down. Shourya observes his sweetheart's antics, before grabbing her hand. Meera lets out a gasp before she looks up at their hands.

"Meera, jaan. Meri taraf dekho to sahi."

(Meera, love. At least look my way.)

Meera shakes her head.

"Please baby, show me your pretty eyes."
Meera bites her lip and shakes her head again.

"Jaan, mujhe apni Dulhan ko dekhne toh do. Please."

(Love, Let me see my bride. Please.)

Shourya grabs Meera's chin and lifts her face up so he could see her. He looks at her rosy cheeks, plump lips, eyelashes lightly kissing her cheeks and two strands of lightly curled hair frame her face. Her face glowed in the lightly lit room.

He lets out a dreamy sigh at the beautiful sight, "I love you Meera. I love you so much!" Meera smiles shyly and lifts her eyes to match his gaze. He awaits a response and she just lightly nods before moving his hand away, turning away from him. She shuffles away which results in her jewellery clinking together. Her anklets make a sweet soft sound, which raises Shourya's heartbeats.

Shourya observes her before saying, "all this looks stunning but uncomfortable, why don't you change? Hmmm." She looks back over at him, she has something to show him.

"Let me grab your suitcase, Riya bought some sleepwear for you, but I don't think you'll be comfortable in that. Yet."

Shourya goes to stand, no not yet. Meera reaches over and holds her husband's hand. "Suniye."

(Listen.)

Shourya looks back at their connected hands before taking a seat back in his place. "M-mujhe, aapko k-uch di-dikhana hai."

(I-I have to sh-show you som-something.)

"Kya?"

(What?)

"Woh, me-meine aapni meh-mehndi mein kuch aur bhi likha h-hai."

(Woh, I-I got something else written in my meh-mehndi.)

Shourya looks at her hands with curiosity, her stuttering is telling him that it's something she's not ready to say out loud yet.

"Kahan?"

(Where?)

"Aap khud hi doondh lein."

(You look for it yourself.)

Meera forwards her hands towards him. "Meera, I'm not doing this again. Just show me."

Meera shakes her head. "Then give me a clue atleast," Shourya says. Meera takes her right hand back and says, "It's on my left hand."

Shourya smiles at his wife's little game. What does she want to show me? He runs his fingers over her palms, earning a giggle. "Nahi karein Shourya." After a minute he reaches her ring finger and that is when he sees it.

(Don't do that Shourya.)

Her confession. Written in her mehendi. He runs his finger over the three words. I love you. He leans down and kisses the confession three times as if he was kissing every word of the confession.

He gazes up, and she hides away. "Oh Meera. You've made me the happiest man in the world by telling me this. I love you too sweetheart!"

Shourya gathers his wife into his arms and Meera cuddles into his arms, they spend the night in each other's embrace, the discomfort of the clothes and jewellery long forgotten. All they can remember is each other.

THEY ARE MARRIED!!!!

So cute, if my husband isn't like this man then I don't want him. No thank you.

How cute is Meera's way of confessing her love?

Please remember to comment, vote and share my story. Your support means everything to me!

Love you guys <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9M 594K 75
An Arranged Marriage Story. #1 Hot (17-11-23) #1 Happyending (17-11-23) #2 Shy (13-11-23) #3 Cold hearted (27- 10- 23) POWER!!!!! That's what he alwa...
1.2M 45.3K 37
.... am I that bad to be loved, wanted. I am an unwanted daughter, now i will be an unwanted wife. God what's your problem. Why am i so unwanted in t...
441K 34.7K 63
She is a beautiful girl not so innocent .... all day engaged in reading novels......surrounded by many people around so called "her family" ... yet...
979K 28K 50
THIS IS A STORY OF ..... MEERA SINGHANIA A beautiful girl who lights up the room by just her smile. A girl loved by everyone but scared to fall in lo...