Wonkru ☣ Bellamy Blake [3]

By unknownnavajo

"Time changes you especially when you're under different circumstances." 6 years is a long time, especially... More

Act Five
Space
Murphy
Moving Forward
A New Future
The World On His Shoulders
Facing Fears
Inside The Bunker
Friend Or Foe
The Ground
Reunions and Reservations
Not What It Seems
What Is Going On?
Voice Of Reason
Stopping A War Or Starting One
Taking Her Place
The Wrong One
What To Do?
Stopping Nothing
Odds Against Them
Plan Gone Wrong
Heda
Short-Lived Victory
Ascension
125 Years Later
Act Six
Fresh Start
New Terrain
Different Challenges
The Toxin
Understanding
Cover Update
New Plan
Retrieval Team
Dinner With The Primes
Royal Blood
Sheidheda
Smoke Screen
Seperation Ritual
Irrational Decisions
Dealing With The Conseqences
Control Of The Flame
The Seek For Control
Chaos
The Fight Continues
The Last Straw
End Of A Long Night
Part 7
Ghosts of the Past

The Anomaly

379 16 0
By unknownnavajo

The field was as bright as ever. The butterflies illuminating the night sky. The kids sat in the field watching as the insects flew around them. This was the only time they would ever have for themselves. Here, in this field, they weren't burdened by the pressures of the world.

They were young lives living in an unfair world. Two were just trying to live a peacefully life. One was expected to take over training after his father. And one was gearing up for a battle for a title that would one day unite all.

"What if we just left it all." Nia spoke up breaking the silence. "Just left everything behind, living for ourselves."

The others were silent as they thought of the possibility. But the idea seemed too far fetched to grasp. They could never imagine another life were the most wasn't expected from them.

Alec was the first to laugh causing the others to join in. Smiles were still present after their fit of laughter as they glanced at one another.

"Zhalia, always the one daydreaming." Lexa commented as they knew Nia wanted a better way to live.

"If anyone could achieve it, it would be her." Lincoln added knowing that of them all cared for Nia deeply. Each of them would ensure that no harm come to her. They would give their lives for her safety above all.

"With Alec following close behind, no doubt." Lexa joked causing Alec to push her slightly. Each of them knew how the boy felt about the girl but Nia was a free spirit thinking of a life beyond theirs.

Nia smiled and laughed before watching the butterflies above her. She took a breath and closed her eyes taking in the moment.

"No, we weren't meant to live a life of peace. We were children of war, it's only fitting that we fight." Her words settling among them as they thought of the roles they would take. They would be leaders and fighters, living a world that none of them wanted. "We will fight. And we will fight until our fight is over. That's the way it was always meant to be."

That day spent in the field would be the last day that they would be kids daydreaming about another future.

The group took a breath breathing in their reality. They were kids living a harsh world. And each of them would fight until their last days. They would each die for love. Each hoping that the others would find peace for themselves.

Now only one remained far from the home she had known. Nia could never have imagined her life would turn out this way. She was a girl from Earth who was trying to survive. She had spent her life hunting and healing, trying to find peace for her and her brother. But never would she have known that she would be leading not only her people, but two more groups from the sky to another world.

But this planet was unlikely anything they imagined. Not only was nature a fight against them, but they had to deal with the Primes, whose main goal was to secure their bloodline. With everyone dealing with the Primes, Nia was fighting an internal battle which ended in paying an ultimate price.

Just when a destructive end was on the horizon, it would seem like things had settled for them. They were able to defeat the Primes and destroy the Flame. But Nia was trying to come to terms with all that happened.

She had dealt with Sheidheda and had killed a girl she thought of as a daughter. Now in this new world, there was chaos.

After the truth of the Primes was revealed, the people had rebelled. Wanting to escape with their lives, Russell Prime had tried to make the people turn on each other leaving them to divide into believers and non-believers. But Russell's plan experienced a setback when he opted to wake Wonkru. There in space, he would lose his family and his power.

But it was all too much for Nia. Having dealt with Sheidheda, the loss of Fox, and the fact that it all fell back on her to establish order. She needed time. Time to get herself together. But she wasn't sure if she could ever get herself back together. She had to evolve for the sake of her children or risk being a danger to them all.

So when Gabriel had brought up the anomaly, they decided it was worth investigating. Nia had seen it as an opportunity to get the space she needed. So Nia had left with the small group back to Gabriel's camp. But things would only begin to escalate.

The tent would shake as green light surrounded them, and a mysterious person would appear and stab Octavia. It all seemed to happen quickly, in a flash Octavia vanished. Bellamy and Nia exited the tent to search for the girl, but nothing could be seen anywhere.

"Octavia!" Both their voices echoed through the trees as they looked around for her. Nia stood in those woods taking deep breaths. This wasn't the life that she had ever pictured she would live. She had only wished to go back to being that kid in a field dreaming of different possibilities.

Bellamy continued to shout for his sister whose blood was still fresh on his hands. But his emotions were cut short when a force shoved him forward. Nia turned at the sudden attack but a force knocked her backwards.

Echo exited after helping Gabriel secure the girl, going to help the couple. Her eyes fell on Nia first making her rush to help her up.

"There someone here." Nia informed her as she stood. The sound of rustling caught their attention, their eyes finding Bellamy's unconscious body being dragged away.

"Bellamy!" Nia shouted before she rushed forward. Echo following behind her.

But another shove sent Nia backwards, knocking her into Echo making them both fall. Bellamy was getting further and further away. Each time one of the girls got up, they were quickly knocked back down. It was beginning to become a frustrating cycle, not seeing what was attacking them.

Gabriel was next to exit looking for the group but only seeing the girls getting back their feet. He informed them that the girl had fled but before any of them could make another move, Gabriel went flying through the air. They needed to find Bellamy before they lost him to whatever force was taking him. Echo picked up the gun while Nia held her sword. Echo began to shoot in the direction they wanted to go clearing a path before them. Both of them readying themselves for whatever they may face.

☢️☢️☢️

Having Nia leave in the moment of dire need was not a choice that Indra liked. Every since Nia was her second, Indra knew what kind of leader Nia would become. She had no doubt that the girl was fit for a bigger role. Indra had once pictured her leading Trikru alongside Lexa bringing peace throughout their lands. But that dream had changed and Nia had been through more than any of them in the last few days. She understood that Nia needed the time to get her head back on straight. She could only hope that it didn't take long because they would need her more than ever.

With the commander gone dealing with the anomaly, the group would have to ensure that Wonkru could instill some peace. Before Nia had left with the others, she had to make sure someone was in charge and what better person than the one who trained her. With Indra in charge, Nia wouldn't have to worry so much about rash decisions being made. To her this was the smartest option that didn't involve her.

Trying to maintain order in a broken society would not be an easy task and each of them knew that. But in that moment they had to believe that it could be done. That they could live among one another unlikely how the past had happened. They were simply trying to do better. But first they would have to make some decisions.

First, they would have to approach the situation delicately. Not only did the Primes have a strong belief base, but when Russell had released the toxin, it seemed to have enhanced that faith. They needed to be careful because in some eyes they were still the enemy and attacks could come out of nowhere.

Secondly, the people of Sanctum were not the only group they were dealing with. They had the Children of Garbriel who wanted to make sure the Primes were abolished along with everyone who believed in them. This made them an ally but how long before that alliance would last?

Lastly, the criminals from the pre-war were now standing with them. They were unpredictable but were a necessary component in them keeping peace.

There was a lot stacked against them and this is what they had to do in order to survive. Sanctum would be their home until their own compound was build and they would be able to stand on their own with worry. As the group stopped on top of the stairs, they looked out at the groups emerging together. Indra couldn't help but notice how the members of Wonkru scanned the group. They were looking for someone, they were looking for their leader.

But before she could address anything of that nature. A guard rushed to them with an urgent matter at hand. Indra sighed at the details, looks like this keeping the peace mission was just starting.

Each of the three groups were now clashing inside the palace which the group had deemed off limits due to it's significance. Now would be the time that Wonkru would insert its dominance so that none of the groups were confused. They took the guns from the Children of Gabriel while also reminding the criminals of the terms that were laid upon their awakening. But the people of Sanctum would not let the matter of Russell go easily. They wanted to know of his well-being despite the answer they were given. This made them decide to allow Jordan in to ensure of Russell's safety and calm the people of Sanctum.

Indra glanced around the room and took deep breath as she thought of the road ahead of them. This would not be an easy task. No, not in the slightest but without Nia, they would have to believe that Wonkru's faith in her was strong enough.

☢️☢️☢️

The trio ran though the woods trying to find any sign of Bellamy but there were no calls or even clues. They just had to keep moving in hopes that they reached it quick enough. Gabriel was the one who stopped stating that he was making sure they weren't being followed. But none of them even knew what they were looking for. They were fighting against another unknown enemy unsure what they wanted from them or from Bellamy.

A sound of rustling nearby caught their attention as Nia and Echo drew their weapons close. Echo moved forward ready to fire at the first sign of a threat but her attacker came from the side and disarmed her quickly. It was the girl who had attacked Octavia.

As much as Nia wanted to swing her sword and strike at the girl, she didn't want to cause harm to either one of the two fighting. Echo was now a dear friend to Nia and Nia did not want to have any of her blood on her hands. And the girl may hold answers that they vitally needed. She may know where they took Bellamy and Octavia. She would also be able to explain why she stabbed Octavia.

Nia tossed her sword aside before rushing forward to attack. The girl shoved Echo forward when she noticed Nia's attack. But Nia was quicker as she sent a punch the girl's way. The girl stumbled back at the impact but Nia didn't stop her advance. Nia grabbed her by her gear and sent the girl into the base of the tree.

The girl hit the trunk of the tree hard before turning around ready to defend herself again but Nia simply stood in front of her staring her down. "I don't want to hurt you, but we need answers and you're going to give them to us."

With the girl being surrounded, she lowered her fists ready to try and converse. After all, she had found a note in her arm after her escape saying to trust Nia.

"Who are you? Where's Octavia and why are they taking Bellamy to the anomaly?" Nia rattled off wanting an explanation.

"Wait, Bellamy's gone?" She asked about that piece of intel.

"You know him? You remember?" Gabriel asked noting her interest in him.

"No. You called to him from the tent." She stated which Nia believed. Their names were being shouted everywhere during that attack at Gabriel's camp. "This was in my arm." The girl added pulling the paper from her pocket and handing it off.

"Trust Nia." Nia read she she looked at the small paper covered in blood.

"I don't remember putting it there. But I must have." The girl explained as Gabriel reached to take a look at the paper.

"It's another code." Gabriel stated as he looked at the other side. "Like the one on Octavia's back. What's it for?"

"I don't know." The girl replied.

"Stop lying!" Echo shouted knowing she had to have some knowledge about it.

"Easy. Octavia lost her memory, too." Gabriel reminded. "Must be a result moving through the anomaly."

"What's the anomaly?" The girl asked still confused about what was happening.

"You tell us." Nia added wanting to know more answers than she was giving.

Gabriel began to explain piecing the pieces together to explain what had happened. Nia and Echo both on the defensive side as they both tried to get answers from the girl. Gabriel began to rant off in amazement at the turn of events. But Nia was more concerned that Bellamy was far from their grasp now.

"We need to get to Bellamy." Nia stated picking up her sword before looking toward the girl. "How fast can you run?"

"I don't know. Let's find out." She replied before taking off in the direction of the anomaly. Everyone taking off behind her.

None of this was making sense but they had to figure it out quickly. Who knows how else this could affect the rest of them. Especially if this enemy fighting them they could not see. They needed answers and they needed them quickly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.7K 651 20
Venus Kom Trikru is one of her clans most ferocious and impressive warriors. She had been training in combat since before she could remember and was...
548 21 8
After the second wave of Primfaya, and the world ending once more, Bellamy Blake and Spacekru do what they can to get back to the ground. The probl...
438 2 17
"You are a distraction, but in the best way. I don't want to go home because Azgeda is not my true home. It's never been. That place holds some of my...
20.1K 840 34
❝ It was never the way she looked. Always the way she was. I could've fallen in love with my eyes closed. ❞ in the midst of a nation divided, two fr...