𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 |...

By MRSBVRBIE

𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗵 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗻 noun : a state of extreme joy. she was in 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯 ever sin... More

𝟎𝟏.
𝟎𝟐.
𝟎𝟑.
𝟎𝟒.
𝟎𝟓.
𝟎𝟔.
𝟎𝟕.
08.
09.
10.
12.
𝟏𝟑.
𝟏𝟒.
𝟏𝟓.
𝟏𝟔.
𝟏𝟕.
𝟏𝟖.
𝟏𝟗.
𝟐𝟎.
𝟐𝟏.
𝟐𝟐.
𝟐𝟑.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
𝟑𝟎.
𝟑𝟏.
𝟑𝟐.
𝟑𝟑.
𝟑𝟒.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
new new.

𝟏𝟏.

15.1K 699 227
By MRSBVRBIE

excuse any mistakes..

SEMAIJAH

"I don't mean to, I don't mean to but I love you." The background beat was playing loudly as I sang to myself. I decided to record what I had heard in my songwriting notebook after giving it some thought then moving on to come up with another verse.

"Everybody's like he's no item, please don't like 'em he don't like em' he one nights em." I sung before scrunching my face up not liking how the lyric sounded "Yeah I don't know about that one."

"What you mean?" Luca turned around.

"I don't like the 'please don't like em he don't like em he one nights em" part. I just don't think that sounds right. But I can come up with something else. What do you think?" I looked up from my notepad.

"Sing it again, Let me start it over and we gone see if it sound right and you not overthinking." He gave me a knowing look and I chuckled.

Once he started the beat over I started singing all the lyrics that I had currently.

I don't mean to, I don't mean to
But I love you
Everybody's like "He's no item"
"Please don't like 'em" "He don't like 'em"
"He one nights 'em"

"Yeah that don't sound right." Luca started rubbing his beard "Try 'please don't like em he don't wife em' Everything else is good for real."

"Alright." I nodded and he moved the beat back to the part where I was supposed to be singing those lyrics. "Everybody's like he's no item please don't like em he don't wife em he one nights em. I never listen, no. I shoulda figured though."

"Yeah we keeping that in there, Get to writing." Luca clapped and I started smiling before picking up my pen and writing the lyrics down in my book.

"I shoulda figured though all that shit you was spittin so unoriginal but it was you so I was with it."

"Mannnn when I say Analia gon be acting like I did her sum when you put this song out? Every time she listening to one of yo songs she act so heartbroken like I be doing her wrong." Luca kissed his teeth mentioning his fiancé.

"I know that's right. That's my sister girl for real."

"Fuck the both of y'all. When yo interview?"

"Ten."

"Semaijah it's 8 and you still here? You know it be taking you years to get ready."

"Time goes by so fast when you're actually enjoying yourself oh my gosh. Send me the beat so I could get my lyrics together later."

I stood up after putting my songwriting notebook in my Prada Terry tote bag.

"I will. Be safe, Aight?"

"I will. You be safe too and tell Analia and the babies that I said hey." I gave him a side hug "How are they by the way? I haven't seen them in years."

"Semaijah you just saw them last week."

"Really? It feels like years to me so I'm just going to say that I haven't seen my babies in years. They just turned 5 months the other day right? I gotta go to the mall and buy them some gifts."

"You always spending money on them."

"You know what they say, Semaijah love the kids."

"Nobody says that." He shook his head.

"You literally said that once." I squinted "Remember when you brought them here and they couldn't stay up off me? The kids love Semaijah and Semaijah loves the kids, Get with the program."

"Mane gone on and get ready for yo interview." He laughed and I laughed along with him. We said our goodbye's to each other before I walked out of the interview and went outside to my car.

_________

"Semaijah, I'll tell you, girl. The amount of people that found comfort in your song WAYS? You wrote a wonderful song, and it was amazing. The song literally makes me feel better whenever I'm depressed. It even got me out of my dark places."

"Thank you. I'm happy that you got out of those dark places and my song was one thing that helped you. I'm so proud of you." I smiled.

"Girl don't have me crying in here." She said "Most of your songs are very personal. They sometimes feel like a diary of sorts, Was there any point in recording your songs where you're like no I don't want to put this out it's too personal?"

"I write for myself and like for me to get over things and just to express what I'm going through so I don't know, I've never been you know? Afraid to share because I think that's what it's all about? Do you understand what I'm trying to say?"

"Yeah I do."

"Thanks, I like when I express myself. I connect with my supporters through my music and it just makes everything bearable knowing that I'm not alone and that my supporters and so much others could know they're not alone too."

"I like that. I like that a lot." Angela nodded "I want to talk a little bit about your creative process. Is there a particular process that you go through to get inspired? A particular place to go to write?"

"I'm inspired to write at any given moment to be honest. Sometimes it just hits me. My mind is open at all times like I don't care where I am if I get an idea of what to put in a song or what to write a song about I'll jot it down."

"Semaijah, I feel like you should be the official spokesperson for love." Charlamagne stated.

"What? Really? That's so nice."

"Yes really. I just feel like for every relationship or situation that you're in there's a Semaijah Summer's song whether you're feeling in love, falling out of love, if you're the side chick.. There's a Semaijah Summer's song."

"That's very true, Thank you."

"But your music comes from a very vulnerable place, It seems as though there's some heartbreak in your life. Who hurt you Semaijah?"

"Um. My music is really all about the ups and downs of life and being in a relationship."

"We see you dodged that question." He laughed. "When you get hurt is it bad?"

"It's really bad."

"Have you ever been heartbroken Semaijah?"

"I've been heartbroken by tragedy but heartbroken from love? No I haven't. My feelings are more so hurt from love than my heart."

"What? Really?" Angela looked at me like she was shocked and I just let out a laugh.

"Yeah. My dad's death was a tragedy that particularly shattered my heart, but aside from that, no man has ever been able to break my heart. Although I've felt hurt following a breakup, I've never been heartbroken."

"Now what's the deal with you and Ja Morant?" Charlemagne asked and I started laughing "What? What's funny?"

"Before I came here I told myself that I have a feeling that I would be asked about him here."

"Is that a bad thing?" Angela asked.

"No it's not bad it's just funny that I was right and what do you mean what's the deal with me and him? I'm a little bit confused."

"How serious is this relationship?"

"Oh! It's really serious. It's been serious since the day me and him started talking to each other."

"How long have you guys been dating? How did you guys meet if you remember?"

"We've only been dating for five months and we met off of instagram. He slid in my DM's and we just started hitting it off from there. He used to DM me a lot and interact with my stories but I just would never respond then I finally responded and we started hitting it off from there."

"Was it love at first sight?" Charlamagne asked.

"No it wasn't." I giggled "I don't believe in that. I believe in attraction at first sight but I just don't see myself falling in love with somebody right when I see them when I don't even know about their personality and how they really are? You know?"

"Thank you! Me and Char actually have had this debate many times before."

"Man I believe in love at first sight."

"Some celebrities keep their relationships private and some public, Where do you fit on that spectrum?"

"Um, Well now our relationship is a little bit public I mean we post each other here and there. I think our relationship is private."

"I think private is when you're dating somebody and nobody knows y'all are together, What is private to you?" Angela asked.

"Okay let me compare something. Before that video of us on new years eve got put out our relationship was a secret. Nobody knew we dated each other, Nobody even knew we knew each other. We never even followed each other."

"So to you private is when people know you're together but nobody knows y'all business?" Charlamagne asked and I nodded.

"Yeah that's what private is to me."

"What made y'all start letting it be known you guys are together?"

"To be honest, the post from New Year's Eve. We had intended to keep our relationship a secret for a little longer, but after everybody saw the video of us, we decided there was no way we could back out."

"What was your reaction when you saw the post?"

"I was in shock. I didn't even know there was a video going around until my best friends came over and showed me that the gossip pages was posting it."

"How do you feel about his following? You know a lot people have been talking about how all he follows is white girls and you're literally the only black girl that he actually follows?"

"I don't really care about that. I never fixed myself to go through his following and if I did I don't think I would care about who he follows."

"And about your songs, We know you've written songs about your ex does he ever feel a type of way because you're still talking about your ex?"

"What Ex?" I tilted my head a little and Angela and Charlamagne both started laughing "Let me stop playing before the certain ex goes crazy but um, No. If he feels uncomfortable about something he'll tell me and he doesn't ever feel a type of way."

"Where did y'all go for y'all first date?"

"Damn. This a Ja Morant and Semaijah Summer's interview? Because if it was I would've brought him here with me." I laughed awkwardly.

"My bad my bad." Char raised both his hands up.

"I'm just playing. I could be really sarcastic."

_______

𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐣𝐚𝐡𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐬 38m

𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐣𝐚𝐡𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐬 15m

"What you did today? How was it?" Ja asked me.

"My day was good! I spent some time at the studio then I went to my interviews and went to the gym. Pretty productive day, Thanks for asking. How was yours? What you did?"

"You be going to the gym?" I turned around to face him when he asked and gave him a sideways glance.

"Yes I do go to the gym. What do you mean by that?"

"Yo ass a liar. I watched this one video of you and they asked you if you go to the gym and you straight up said you don't like working out now you tryna say you went to the gym."

"I did go to the gym! Today was my first day. I can't believe you really sit and watch my interviews."

"You don't?"

"Nope. It makes me feel uncomfortable for some reason I don't know. I'll find out why later on in life. You didn't answer my question."

"My day was aight. I just went to practice and went to see my mama nem."

"You should've called me so I could talk to my bestie Niya, I'll just call her tomorrow that's if I have the time to talk to her. I got a long day ahead of me."

"What you doing?"

"Preparing to go to Cali. I'm opening up for Toosii."

"My brudda." He started grinning and I rolled my eyes playfully "How long you gon be down there?"

"Four days. I open up for Toosii thursday night then Friday I have a video to do with Complex."

"My lil one gon be sneaker shopping." He extended his hand with a smirk , and I slapped it. He then grabbed my hand and began shaking it "Ima be down there for the weekend, You been there before?"

"Nope this is going to be my first time in Cali."

"I gotta show you around. Cali one of my favorite places to go. I know all the cool spots and shit. Ima show you all round Cali."

"In just three days?"

"Ima show you round some of Cali then we could go to the other parts another time."

"Look at you making future plans already, Okayy." I began to smile, and he stared at me before smiling and shaking his head. "You wanna be around me so bad, You got to admit."

"I do. You coming to my game?"

"Yeah, You know I got to come support my boyfriend and stuff." I jokingly nudged his shoulder slightly, and we both burst out laughing. "I'm a fool."

"What movie you wanna watch?"

As neither of us had anything planned for the remainder of the day, the original plan was for me to come over and we'd order some pizza and watch a movie, but ever since I arrived, we've just been sitting there and chatting about random topics.

"The notebook?"

"Nah."

"Why?"

"Watched that already and Ian like it."

"Lame, The princess bride?"

"What's that about?"

"This romance movie where he has to find her after they've been separated for some time and battle the evils of mythical kingdom of Florin to be reunited with each other."

"You must want me to fall asleep while watching that."

"It sounds boring but it's really not. Do you want to watch 10 things I hate about you?"

"You love romance movies."

"I do. How about you pick a movie? Since you're not liking any of the movies I been picking."

"Creed?"

"What's that about?"

"You lying?" He asked and I shook my head slowly.

"I don't know what that is. I've never even heard of that movie." I told him and he handed me his phone after pulling it out to type something.

"I can't explain it to you without spoiling it so hm." He told me and I read the description of the movie.

"Ouu that sounds interesting, My man Michael B Jordan is in it too? I'm obsessed with him I don't know how I never found out bout this movie."

The doorbell rang as I was about to grab the remote from the living room table. Ja and I exchanged looks as we both turned to face it. "You're getting that. I already have to put the movie on TV."

•••

omg y'all long time no see. i won't ever go ghost on y'all like that ever again. to make up for all the times i didn't update i guessss I'll try to spam update this weekend. 🌚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 111K 49
𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟.
21.8K 1.9K 32
𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘥, 𝘪 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵 𝘥𝘰�...
92.7K 3.2K 32
𝗗𝗼𝗻𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗹𝗮𝗴𝘀... 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝗳 𝗶 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗹𝗮𝗴𝘀?
197K 8.4K 33
"𝐈 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞." - 𝙻𝙰𝙳𝚈𝙽𝙰𝙸𝙸 𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙳𝚄𝙲𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽𝚂 ©️𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟸