Helljumper's Peace (KDA x Mal...

By GundamMan

A Halo ODST x KDA fanfic What happens when an ODST goes into a combat drop and meets a hot woman during the s... More

Character Prologue: Field Mission Briefing
Prologue: Mission Briefing
Chapter 1: Heaven's Heroes Don't Always Land Well
Chapter 2: Fox and the Soldier
Chapter 3: Fighting Through Shit Creek Pt. 1
Chapter 4: Fighting Through Shit Creek Pt. 2
Chapter 5: Getting Ahri to Evac
Chapter 6: Ahri Returns Home
Chapter 7: Welcome to Piltover
Chapter 8: A Change of Pace
Chapter 9: Getting Situated With KDA
Chapter 10: I Hate Parties
Chapter 11: Pineapple Express Pt. 1
Chapter 12: Pineapple Express Pt. 2
Chapter 13: Hanging out with the Diva
Chapter 14: Date With the Diva
Chapter 15: Something's Troubling the Fox
Chapter 16: Back to Ionia
Chapter 17: Adventure in the City
Chapter 18: A Day Out with the Girls
Chapter 19: Do You Like Cherry Blossoms?
Chapter 20: Hunting in the Dark
Chapter 21: Do You Like Dancing?
Chapter 22: Someone Likes to Cosplay
Chapter 23: Who Likes Chocolate Chip?
Chapter 24: Heavy Price Made
Chapter 26: A New Haircut Feels Good
Chapter 27: Sister Arrives
Chapter 28: Meeting an Old Friend
Chapter 29: New Member
Chapter 30: Fatal Error
Chapter 31: Eclipse

Chapter 25: Skyline

1.1K 29 6
By GundamMan

Y/N POV:

It has been a good few hours since the girls have left the penthouse. Hearing those words get spoken to me was hurtful, and her tone. She could've at least said it nicely instead of being a bit forceful. I know they mean well and want to protect me but I'm the one protecting them.

Looking down at my phone, I seen the screen that showed my messages with Ahri, with no new messages popping up. Putting my phone back into my pocket, I walked to the kitchen and upon entering the serene kitchen, it felt off, that the light was off and only the oven clock was on. Sunset light was shining through the window but barely any came through, the darkness completely enveloping the kitchen but a dimness just enough to make out everything that was there. Hitting the light switch, a bright light illuminating everything that was in view. Opening the fridge, I looked inside to see what we had for drinks and grabbed the orange juice.

Setting the jug on the countertop, I grabbed a mug from the cupboard and filled with the juice. Holding the mug with both hands because I can, I blinked and my surroundings changed to a ruined building wreckage. Dirt littered the ground as rubble and concrete was laying on the ground with pillars and walls still standing, rebar sticking out of some of them.

A few people in armor ran past me as I was holding my mug with what looked to be MRE scraps around me. Taking a swig from my mug, gunfire could be heard in the distance and near me, the wind was blowing and my armor was on. My rifle sat beside me as I looked around, watching the soldiers run past and seeing covenant soldiers run over the hills in the distance. I looked to my right and seen a familiar face. My girlfriend sat there finishing the last of her MRE and then she looked at me.

???: Hey cutie, I know I'm pretty, but you don't need to stare.

Me: R-Right.

I set my mug down and seen her put her helmet on and grab her rifle.

???: C'mon babe, let's go. They need us.

Getting up, I reached for my rifle and it felt cold. I blinked again but felt nothing. Seeing the surroundings, I was back in the kitchen. Walking forward towards the exit, I walked into the dining room and I was once again in the same scene, my girlfriend could be seen walking in front of me as we slowly moved. We entered a small hallway and she went to one wall with a few troops and I went to the other wall with some troops. As she was about 10 steps ahead, the wall beside her blew up as the rubble and concrete mixed with where she stood and her troops.

Going back alittle from the blast, the rocks hitting me and my vision once again showing me penthouse dining room, with me with my back up against the couch. Looking around I seen that the penthouse was still and then it switched to the battle again, her body laid under some concrete chunks and some other soldiers hit by the blast. Dust was in the air and I scrambled forward to grab the chunks of broken concrete and seen blood on her body and a few pieces of rebar stuck into her. The dust in the air was replaced with a crispness of fresh air of the penthouse, reaching forward to grab something, my vision changed to the battlefield once again as I heard a voice ring though my head.

She's dead Y/N. Sorry you couldn't see the wedding. Now let's move, we gotta kill those covenant.

Hearing those words, my vision started to switch back and forth to the penthouse and the battlefield as sounds overlapped each other, as my breath became shallow and my heart rate picking up, eventually hearing the thump thump thump of my quickened heart rate. The air hurt to breathe as my arms started to tremble, and my vision switching between the two different times.

A knocking could be heard on the penthouse door and I was now sitting on the floor, trying to scramble to my feet. With no avail, my shortness of breathe hitting harder as the thumping of my heart beat through my eardrums loud enough in my head to give me a headache. The door swung open to reveal 2 figures standing there.

???: What is up everyone?

???: Did you have to....

Their voices became muffled by the constant thumps in my ears, and a few seconds later I felt a warm hand on my back.

???: Hey, are you alright?

Looking to my right, I saw the figure of a man with spiky hair and a figure of a man with dark skin. They switched to other UNSC soldiers but back to the figures.

Me: Meds...

???: Meds?

Me: Top left.... drawer....

My voice hurting as I was trying to catch my breath. The other figure disappeared as the one beside me switched between the realities. Pretty soon I heard the shake of my med bottle and grabbed it and pulled out 2 pills and threw them and swallowed. The thumping slowed down almost instantly as my breath was now almost good again.

???: Hey, you good?

Me: Y-Yea, I'm fine. Just a bit of ptsd.

???: You don't look fine.

Me: Don't worry I am.

???: Nah, you should sit down. You looked in heavy stress, there was even sweat trickling down your face.

???: You weren't having what I think you were having?

Me: So I guess I had one huh. Haha

???: You we're arched over, shaking and sweating profusely, you looked to be meeting death.

I regained my footing and stood up with the man with spiky hair.

Me: I suppose some introductions are in order, I'm—

The spiky haired man said.

Yasuo: We know who you are, Y/N. I'm Yasuo.

The black guy then spoke.

Ekko: And I'm Ekko. Nice to meet you.

Me: Nice to meet you guys, I take it you're friends of the girls?

Yasuo: Yep, we're friends with Akali.

Me: Nice. I'm her boyfriend.

Yasuo: Tell us something we don't know.

Me: That was something you didn't know.

Yasuo: I can tell we're gonna get along just fine.

Ekko: You're kidding. She said you were a friend of Ahri's.

Me: Haha, you have no idea. Just don't tell anyone, I don't really need and scandals about me appearing.

Yasuo: I wouldn't do that.

Ekko: You can count on us for keeping that secret.

Me: Good.

Throwing out my hands, the other two quickly clamped their hand down and we gave each other a firm handshake. Then we let go and Ekko spoke.

Ekko: The girls, you know where they went?

Me: On a tour, had an argument and they left.

Ekko: We were gonna take them to dinner as friends since we're back in Piltover but now meeting you, you are coming with. Might wanna change though, your clothes got sweat spots on them.

Me: I'll be back then.

*TIMESKIP*

The three of us pulled up in front of a fancy diner in a white 1972, 4 door Chevy Camaro. Turns out me and them got similar taste in vehicles. Muscle cars look fucking cool and sound really good too. Getting out of the car, we all walked up to the bouncer who asked us for identification. They showed their IDs and said I'm with them so I got free access, and our walk wasn't that long. We made it to the front desk and the waitress asked for our names. After recognizing who we were, she led all 3 of us to the table where Braum & Ashe sat in a section of the table. A woman with white hair and a black haired woman sat in 2 other chairs. 2 last chairs were taken out so it was just us 7 people sitting at the table.

Ashe & Braum: Y/N, it is so nice to see you again. We missed you.

Me: Hey guys, how's it going?

Ekko: You know those two?

Me: Yea, met Ashe at a party, met Braum at a concert.

Ekko: Cool. Um girls, this is Y/N. Y/N, this is Qiyana & Senna.

Qiyana: Hello cutie.

Senna: Hello.

Me: I'm taken just to let you know.

Braum: наконец-то связали себя узами брака? (Finally tied the knot?)

Ashe: мед! (Honey!)

Me: Больше похоже на нее. (More like her.)

Braum: Она не могла дождаться, да? (She couldn't wait, yeah?)

Me: Точно! (Exactly!)

Braum: Поздравления! (Congratulations!)

With a nod, we started to talk in English as the others just marveled at us and Ashe was blushing alittle from our Russian exchange. Overlooking the menu, a lot of this food sounded really good but I knew my wallet wasn't gonna be happy with these prices. Looking at the menu, I felt my phone buzz and a message popped up saying "$250,000 Hefty Paycheck, for your defense efforts, sorry couldn't get it to you sooner. Sgt. Major Johnson."

Nodding to the message, I went back to looking at the menus. And man, why does a soup cost $100. This shit is too high.

Yasuo: We're treating you, you just choose. We'll pay.

Me: Thanks man. I'll go light.

After a few minutes of choosing, we called the waitress over. She had long flowing black hair and a golden circlet around her forehead, with an office lady uniform on.

Sivir: My name is Sivir, and I'll be taking your orders for you. What would we like to start with?

Yasuo: Blooming Onion.

Braum: 2 please.

Me: I'll go with a Gourmet Meat Steak, cooked medium rare, but make the seasoning tangy and spicy. I'll also have a Hearty Salmon Meunière.

Yasuo: I'll go next.

One by one we ordered our food until she left with a list. Ashe and Braum were talking with Yasuo when I seen Senna and Qiyana look at me.

Senna: So what do you do for a living?

Everyone's conversation stopped to hear my answer.

Me: You're lucky I took my meds before this.

Yasuo and Ekko's faces immediately turned sour.

Yasuo: That was not a sight I wanted to to see.

Me: I'm an active UNSC soldier.

Senna: UNSC?

Me: United Nations Space Command.

Senna: You're an active duty soldier?

Me: Yep, I'm from the "Powerless side".

Senna and Qiyana's faces just turned shocked.

Qiyana: Why would you be here on this side?

Me: Well first I met Ahri in New Mombasa, Africa. I helped airlift her out of there and as we were fighting off the covenant in the city, we got airlifted out by Caitlyn, Vi and their crew.

Qiyana: Caitlyn and Vi saved you.

Me: Yep, that's the jist of it. Then Ahri and Akali took me to their penthouse because they wanted me housed there. Don't ask me why, I didn't understand at first.

Qiyana: So you have a uniform?

Me: Yea, it's a armored jumpsuit with a sick helmet.

Qiyana: I love a man in uniform.

Me: I'm taken.

Qiyana: Akali wouldn't mind.

Me: Yea I think she would.

Qiyana: Nah she wouldn't, I know she wouldn't.

Me: Yes she would.

Qiyana: Still kinda hard to believe you're powerless.

Me: Still getting used to the concept of magic.

Qiyana laughed and then she took shot of her wine.

Qiyana: You're a special one aren't you?

Me: Yes I am but I'm reserved already.

Qiyana: Not for long.

Me: Back off woman.

Qiyana: No!

Qiyana was starting to get closer as her lips turned into a kiss shape, so I was slowly backing away. Rejecting her advances, she was moving forward when Senna grabbed her arm. Ashe was watching our interaction and had his phone pulled out. A photo to commemorate the occasion.

Evelynn POV:

We had landed for the first stop in our tour, our first stop in Shurima. Getting off the plane, we entered the airport and grabbed our luggage, immediately making it to the front doors and our transport sitting there. Getting into the lush mini limo, our driver waited until we all got in and then closed the door. Ahri's tails were just sitting still as she sat, her ears drooping.

Me: Ahri, I feel like we made a mistake.

Ahri: You aren't the only one. We told him to quit his job.

Kai'sa: I don't want to lose him, losing him to aliens, I don't even want to think about what would happen.

Akali: We should maybe text him soon.

Ahri: Don't, I don't want him to worry about us.

As the others were thinking about Y/N, I heard Ahri's phone ding.

Me: Ahri, you got a notif.

She grabbed her phone and opened it.

Ahri: Ashe posted a new picture in her Runegram.

Me & Kaisa: Oooh let us see.

Ahri: Must be a new dres— WHAT THE FUCK!!

Her tails instantly became all stiff and pointed out in different directions. She tapped on her phone and showed us a full screen version of the picture. It showed Yasuo and Ekko both holding cups of sake and Qiyana holding Y/N's right arm with a huge blush and a territorial face as she was looking at Senna. Y/N was sitting there with a look of "help me" as he used his free arm to what looks like trying to pry her off him. Braum was the only one being civil and he was eating. Meanwhile Ashe could be seen peeking above the bottom of the screen. The picture caption read "Eating with True Damage and their mysterious marine buddy."

Ahri: T-That bitch!! Why is she clinging to him?

Kai'sa was also flaring up with anger.

Kai'sa: It seems we are gonna have to show them that he belongs to us.

Me: If we leave hickeys on him, then we can't show him in public.

Akali: Then how about on his chest? Under his shirt? Then if a girl tries to grab his shirt, she'll see them.

Ahri: My perfume will also do the trick, by keeping them away.

As we sat there and thought about what to do, the car moved forward.

Y/N POV:

Finally managing to get a drunk Qiyana off my arm, my arm started to feel numb. She was trying to apologize but her speech was really slurred.

Qiyana: I'm ssssssorry....

Me: It's fine, oooh here come the prickles.

My arm was slowly regaining its feeling as it was going through the phases of feeling numb until I regained feeling. Yasuo and Ekko were passed out as they had too much to drink while Senna took hold of Qiyana and helped support her away from the table. The bills were already paid for and we were now ready to leave. Braum and Ashe got their jackets on as I put on my zip up hoodie, with me throwing Yasuo over my shoulder. Braum threw the small man over his shoulder and we left the restaurant, apologizing to the staff.

Getting out to our cars, I put Yasuo in the backseat while Braum put Ekko in the passenger seat. I thanked him and we fist bumped, then grabbing the keys off Yasuo's hip, I started the car and left for the penthouse. As I drove through the busy streets, cars and taxis drove beside and around us. Honestly felt like New York but with a steampunkish setting but the taxis didn't look as yellow as movies and pictures showed them. The lights of streetlights and city signs displaying different products, one showed a perfume brand and another showed knockoff Subway sandwiches. One had a few jackets shown for a new collection for people to buy.

Drinks would be shown on another few billboards and signs as the bustling city streets glowed from the bright lights. As we were driving down the road, rain started to fall and the droplets went tap tap tap against the windshield and side windows. Feeling the tapping on the windows, the radio station switch to the Bluetooth connection of certain phone. I looked out of the corner of my eye and seen it was Yasuo's, and I was expecting rap but I heard the same somber piano notes start to play.

Me: "Are you good Yasuo?"

Hearing those two in the back just snoring away, I knew I wasn't gonna get a response from either of them. The song continued to play as we went down the street, through the pouring rain and bustling cars. Turning onto the street that took us to the penthouse, I parked the car and carried the drunk Ionian man through the parking garage and took him into the elevator. The metal box leading to the penthouse rather quickly this time, with the doors opening up and me just pushing the door open and setting him on the couch. Repeating the same cycle for Ekko, I had them each laying on a couch with a pillow and blanket on them. After seeing they were soundly sleeping, I went to my room, quickly changed into some other clothes and climbed into my bed. My fluffy bed welcoming me into a deep nights sleep.

Me: What a day.

(Hey everybody, author here. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, also some information for you guys, we are currently entering the second act. I know starting the second act at chapter 25, hahaha, but this one is gonna be the biggest as a lot of stuff happens in this arc. I can't wait to show more and let you guys enjoy the next chapters, so thanks for reading everybody.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.2K 2K 51
A boy who did way too much street racing and learned cars at a super young age! Ultimately, he ruined his life because of it. But did that stop him...
148K 2.6K 40
In a World created by the ever flow of Life and death, [Y/N] a 25 year old in a world of magical superpowers, cities of beauty and people of all uniq...
348K 11.7K 68
In the world of Runeterra, anyone could achieve anything, provided they had the strength to do it. But as for the weak? The powerless? There was noth...
85.5K 2.9K 39
- Y/N is an archivist, scratch that, an "information artist", and he likes to believe he's cursed, cursed with bad luck, resulting in the constant la...