POMEGRANATE, addams

By madebyrach

Mother, let me tell you a secret Your flowers always died in my hands And I hated being the goddess of spri... More

𝖕𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖊
𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖙
𝖆𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖈𝖘
𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙
𝖘𝖞𝖓𝖔𝖕𝖘𝖎𝖘
𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖍𝖆𝖘
𝖎. 𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖘 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖘
𝖎𝖎. 𝖔𝖚𝖙𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖘, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖐𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖘
𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖆 𝖗𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖘
𝖎𝖛. 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝖔𝖓 𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖍
𝖛. 𝖙𝖔𝖎𝖑 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊
𝖛𝖎. 𝖉𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖑 𝖋𝖆𝖈𝖊, 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑 𝖊𝖞𝖊𝖘
𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖕𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖙 𝖎𝖙, 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐
𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖍𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖎𝖘
𝖎𝖝. 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝖇𝖔𝖞 𝖜𝖆𝖑𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖝. 𝖉𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊
𝖝𝖎. 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖝𝖎𝖎. 𝖒𝖔𝖓 𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖞 𝖜𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖛. 𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖉𝖔𝖙𝖊 𝖆𝖌𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖘𝖙 𝖒𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖞
𝖝𝖛𝖎. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖒𝖇𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖘
𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝖉𝖊𝖓
𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖔𝖔𝖕𝖘𝖎𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖎𝖘𝖞
𝖝𝖎𝖝. 𝖋𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊
𝖝𝖝. 𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖇𝖞 𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖕𝖗𝖎𝖘𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖎. 𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖓 𝖚𝖕, 𝖇𝖚𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖈𝖚𝖕
𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎. 𝖇𝖊𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖓𝖌 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖉𝖊𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉
𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖎𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖜𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖝𝖛. 𝖆𝖖𝖚𝖆 𝖙𝖔𝖋𝖆𝖓𝖆
𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎. 𝖇𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖓𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍
𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖒𝖚𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖘𝖎𝖝 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖝. 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖘 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖛𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖝. 𝖎𝖓𝖋𝖆𝖙𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖘
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎. 𝖘𝖈𝖔𝖗𝖕𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖘
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖌𝖎𝖗𝖑𝖘 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖓𝖆 𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖛𝖎𝖛𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖆 𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝖋𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖔𝖋 𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖓
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛. 𝖋𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖍𝖞𝖉𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎. 𝖙𝖜𝖔 𝖇𝖎𝖗𝖉𝖘, 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖓𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖕𝖔𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖓 𝖎𝖘 𝖆 𝖜𝖔𝖒𝖆𝖓'𝖘 𝖜𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖔𝖓
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖇𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖉𝖌𝖊𝖘
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖝. 𝖛𝖎𝖔𝖑𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖘
𝖝𝖑. 𝖛𝖎𝖔𝖑𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘
𝖝𝖑𝖎. 𝖗𝖊𝖇𝖊𝖑 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖆 𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖊
𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖎. 𝖘𝖑𝖊𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖇𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖞
𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖒𝖊 𝖒𝖊
𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖛. 𝖓𝖔 𝖇𝖔𝖉𝖞, 𝖓𝖔 𝖈𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖊
𝖝𝖑𝖛. 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖘 𝖆 𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖑𝖛𝖎. 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖙𝖔𝖗
𝖝𝖑𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖈𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙
𝖝𝖑𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊𝖗, 𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖆𝖒𝖊
𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖝. 𝖆 𝖒𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖕𝖎𝖊𝖈𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊𝖉𝖞
𝖑. 𝖙𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖉𝖔 𝖚𝖘 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙
𝖑𝖎. 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖘 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊
𝖑𝖎𝖎. 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖎𝖘 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖆 𝖘𝖆𝖚𝖓𝖆
𝖑𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖒𝖎 𝖆𝖒𝖔𝖗, 𝖒𝖎 𝖛𝖎𝖉𝖆
𝖑𝖎𝖛. 𝖘𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖘𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝖘𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖜
𝖑𝖛. 𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍
𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 ↠ 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖍𝖔𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖍
𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 ↠ 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖘
𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 ↠ 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖓𝖎𝖈

𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎. 𝖘𝖍𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖆 𝖒𝖚𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖗

17.8K 643 61
By madebyrach

"I've been thinking about my less-than-enthusiastic response to your surprise soirée." Wednesday's voice rings out across the dorm to reach Enid, who was lounging on her bed. "And I must admit, I regret not showing my gratitude towards you more appropriately.

Enid sits up on her bed happily. "You really mean it?"

"Take the win, Enid." Then her dark eyes avert up to the loft where Persephone's head peaks over the edge. "You too, Persephone. If only there were a way for us to get off campus and have a little birthday redo. Just three best friends. Too bad the school is on lockdown." Persephone finds this situation highly suspicious. She has a feeling this has nothing to do with their disastrous failure of a party. "Would you look at that full moon..."

"Oh, how about I say I'm about to wolf out and get a pass to the lupin cages? And say that you two volunteered to lock me in." Enid squeals excitedly as Persephone groans. She'd rather just stay in bed but her instincts tell her that Wednesday is sniffing up trouble.

"My deviousness has finally rubbed off on you." Wednesday comments and Enid lets out a sweet giggle. "Thing? You know what to do, right?" She gets a thumbs up in reply and motions for Persephone to come downstairs.

"Looks like we're going on a midnight venture." The brunette mumbles to herself, pulling on some boots and grabbing a warm jacket.

"Oh, we should wear our snoods." Enid suggests, to the disgust of the other two girls.

Wednesday feigns innocence. "Oh, I... I believe I left mine at fencing."

"Actually, you left yours at the Weathervane." Enid corrects perkily, holding out the black snood. "Luckily, Bianca brought it back."

Persephone sniggers at Wednesday's dismayed expression before the goth girl sends her friend a discreet glare. "Like a monkey's paw." With snoods in hand, the girls head off for a late night adventure.

◇ ◇ ◇

A car comes to a halt outside the gates of Nevermore and quickly shuts off its lights. Wednesday strides over to it and gets in swiftly, Enid and Persephone left to follow behind. The two girls slide into the back seat on either side of the car, only to be met with Tyler as their driver.

"Wait, he's our Uber driver?" Enid asks with scrunched eyebrows.

"Uber driver?" Tyler repeats as Persephone slumps in the seat. She knew this whole thing sounded suspicious. "I thought we were going on a date."

"I thought this was a girls' night out."

"There's been a change of plans." Wednesday replies ominously.

"Okay, what's up with the weird matching hoodie scarf things?" Tyler questions, eyes flickering between the three girls.

"Don't ask." Persephone groans.

"Just drive." Wednesday adds on, making Tyler turn back to the wheel and turn on the engine. Before they can set off, a knock on the driver window causes everyone but Wednesday to jump. Hades' smirking face appears, making everyone sigh in relief as Persephone perks up in her seat. She scooches over to the middle seat as Hades slips in next to her.

"I hoped I might find you guys sneaking out. Nobody can keep an Addams locked in." Hades smiled smugly at the three girls before his gaze became confused as it landed on Tyler. "This guy's your driver?"

This question is ignored as the car starts to move. Persephone is much happier with this adventure now that Hades has joined them. She wraps her hands around his arm and sighs contentedly as she leans her head on his shoulder. Hades is very pleased that he decided to disobey the rules tonight as he kisses his girl's forehead. The two always felt complete when the other was with them.

◇ ◇ ◇

The group follows behind Wednesday as she approaches a delapidated, rusty iron gate. It is obvious to Persephone that no one has lived here for years as the plants are dense and overgrown.

"Seriously, you wanna go in there?" Enid questions in alarm. "This place is creepy AF."

"I know." Wednesday almost smiles as she stares at the shadowy, abandoned building. Hades approaches the gate to help his sister remove the locked chain.

Tyler begins to panic slightly. "Okay. This isn't what I signed on for."

Enid is quick to agree, "Ditto." Persephone stayed silent as she had speculated that Wednesday didn't want a repeat of her birthday celebrations.

"I didn't want to celebrate my birthday by going to dinner or a surprise party." Wednesday explains before the chain clicks and unlocks in Hades' hands. "I want to do this."

"Then you shoulda just said so. You didn't have to trick us." Tyler complains as the siblings remove the heavy chains and swing the creaky gate doors open.

"If you want to go, you can." Wednesday informs them, before she starts heading onto the grounds of the property. "I'm going to check out the garage." Hades waits for Persephone to catch up and link their hands before the two head inside as well. Tyler and Enid follow behind cautiously after exchanging wary glances.

"Well, this isn't terrifying." Persephone mumbles sarcastically, flinching away every time she hears a branch snap. She practically hangs onto Hades' arm as he chuckles at her. "This is exactly how every predictable horror movie starts." She had become more nervous since Eugene was attacked by the monster and now she was willingly following Wednesday into a derelict house in the middle of the night. The things you do for your friends.

"I promised you that I wouldn't let Wednesday hurt you." Hades reminds her. "That extends to anyone or anything else that wants to hurt you."

Persephone feels pathetic that she would have to have someone to protect her. "You don't have to be my bodyguard. I'm tough."

"I know you are."

"I can take care of myself."

"I know you can." Hades assures her. There's no one who believes more strongly in her power than him, but that doesn't mean she has to fight her battles alone. "But now, I've joined in too. We'll take care of each other."

Persephone looks up into Hades' eyes to see nothing but sincerity in his eyes. "I've got your back, if you've got mine." She vows, shifting their hands so that their pinkies are interlocked in a promise.

"I'll always have your back, Sephy." Hades pledges as they reach the door to the garage. The door rattles as Wednesday tugs at the handle but stays firmly shut.

"Here, let me try." Tyler offers, switching places with Wednesday. Hades rolls his eyes at the boy who is trying to impress his sister. Tyler's attempts do not amount to anything as the stubborn door refuses to open. "This is pointless."

"It's not pointless, idiot, you're just not strong enough." Persephone whispers before nodding for Enid to have a go.

"Can I try?" The werewolf's unusually timid voice inquires. Persephone holds onto Enid's flashlight as the blonde steps up to the challenge. A few firm jerks later, the door finally gives in as Persephone smirks proudly. That's her best friend.

"Woah." Tyler gasps in shock, not expecting the unassuming girl to have so much strength.

Enid shrugs humbly. "It's a werewolf thing." The group make their way into the garage as Wednesday finds a light switch. A red glow flickers overhead, illuminating a car covered by a canvas sheet which Wednesday removes.

"This is the car that hit the mayor." Wednesday announces, which doesn't help to ease Enid's nerves.

"Okay. This just took a dark turn." She panics, breathing beginning to speed up. "We need to call Tyler's dad right freaking now."

"Why?" Wednesday counters, whipping around to face the blonde. "So he can take me back to Nevermore and get me expelled?"

"Yes please." Hades answers, remembering the bet he has with Persephone, who gives him a soft whack to the chest.

"It's not gonna happen." Wednesday tells them determinedly, leaving the group with little choice but to continue their investigating. Journeying into the house, the door protests loudly as it swings open.

"This is the night I'm gonna die." Tyler announces as Enid whimpers fearfully. The wannabe Scooby gang treads carefully through the corridors, flashlights peering into each crevice they pass. Persephone clings onto Hades like he is her lifeline and he is glad to know that she is close by. Wednesday examines a painted image of the Gates family hanging on the wall, before resuming her analysis of the house.

"Have I mentioned yet that red looks amazing on you?" Hades whispers into Persephone's ear as he takes notice of the red snood resting on her head.

"I don't think this is the right time to be giving out compliments." Persephone hisses back, shoulders tense and waiting for any possible attack. "... but thank you." Hades smiles as he leads her into the next room behind Wednesday. Hades takes particular interest in the bookcase as he hopes that there might be a secret passage hidden behind it. Pulling out various books that are clean of dust does not trigger any reaction as Wednesday catches on to his idea and strolls up to inspect the bookshelf as well.

"Seen enough?" Tyler questions as she shines the flashlight on him. The apprehension is clear on his face but that does not deter Wednesday. She presses a button on one of the wooden pillars which causes the wall of books to retreat and slide behind the shelf. It reveals a painting of Joseph Crackstone with an assortment of melted candles underneath. A shrine to a murderer.

Enid whimpers uncomfortably, "Who doesn't have a spooky built-in altar in their family library?"

"Ours is in the living room." Hades comments casually, unaware of the several pairs of concerned eyes.

"More seating for year-long Dia de los Muertos." Wednesday explains. Enid whimpers again as Tyler is dumbfounded.

"And you're sure Wednesday is the girl for you?" Persephone asks the normie boy. If he can't handle a built-in altar and Dia de los Muertos, he has no chance with the even more macabre aspects of Wednesday's personality.

The goth girl advances into the gap in the wall, directing her torch to highlight the words 'Blood will rain, When I rise'. She checks the candles to find that there is faint traces of heat still radiating from the wicks.

"They're still warm." She tells them, making more whimpers leave Enid's mouth. "Alright Tyler, you and Hades check the rest of the ground floor. Enid, Persephone and I will search upstairs." Wednesday orders, leaving no room for argument.

Hades goes to protest this but Wednesday shoots him a sharp glare. He definitely does not like the idea of being split up from Persephone but Wednesday isn't giving him much of a choice. He sighs and looks down at Persephone, who gives him a small smile to reassure him. He places his forehead against hers to bring him a sense of comfort and squeezes her hand.

"If you die, I'll kill you." She tells him, making him laugh weakly.

"Likewise." He replies before she heads upstairs with her roommates and leaves Hades alone with the boy who's trying to date his sister.

Tyler tries to make some form of conversation while Hades looks semi-friendly, "Hey, man-"

"Don't speak to me." Hades demands.

"Okay." He gives in immediately.

The two split up and search in silence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.7K 935 19
Y/N Ashborn was granted inter-dimensional travel and the power of the Shadow Monarch. Venture through different worlds (movies, games, etc.) to exper...
173K 16K 28
Daughter of Goddess Demeter and the God Zeus, Queen of the Underworld, known for her naive yet kind nature, as well as her beauty. She caught the eye...
48.4K 1.2K 33
Enduring a lifetime of tragedy and death is not how most people dream they life would be, to be fair neither did Hecate but you either embrace the pa...