You Are Free

By HungjuiChiu

What will Eren do if he decides to against the future that is set for him? And what will happen if Ymir decid... More

Chapter 1 What Eren See
Chapter 2 Confession of Love
Chapter 3 Eldia Restorationists
Chapter 4 9 Royal Families
Chapter 5 Hizuru and Neumann
Chapter 6 The gathering of the Nine
Chapter 7 Before the Table
Chapter 8 The Table Talk Part 1
Chapter 9 The Table Talk Part 2
Chapter 10 Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 11 Above and Beyond
Chapter 12 The War Begins
Chapter 13 Sneak Attack
Chapter 14 The Rumbling Begins
Chapter 15 Sunset
Chapter 16 The Alliance gathering Part 1
Chapter 17 The Alliance gathering Part 2
Chapter 18 Apology
Chapter 19 Historia's Conversation
Chapter 20 A Fleeting Moment
Chapter 21 Memories of the Future
Chapter 22 Dedicate your Hearts
Chapter 24 The Last Conversation
Epilogue

Chapter 23 An Unwinnable Battle

714 15 5
By HungjuiChiu

"Let's go!" Commander Hange yells as they all jump out of the flying boat, Hange, Armin, Jean, and Connie are charging toward the Rumbling. Their actions are spotted by other people.

"Are those 3D Maneuver Gear?" "No way! It's the enemy forces from Paradis Island! And they've come to stop the Rumbling?"

Muller says, "We can't just sit there and watch, all of you, engage them with our cannons! We don't have time and fuel to load the weapons onto the airship, we have to do something!

"Mom! Dad!" Just then, Reiner, Gabi, Falco, Colt, and Pieck all rush to their families, all of them are surprised to see them rushing toward them and they all hug one another. Annie asks, "How did all of you get here? All the way from the Interment Zone?"

"Mr. Leonhart led us all here." This causes Annie to be surprised. "He's leading some people to the base over there, wanting to help."

Annie nods as she rushes toward her father. Reiner says, "Mother... none of us are Titans anymore. When the Rumbling began, our powers were taken..."

"Are you sure, I'm so glad." Karina suddenly hugs Reiner, much to his shock.

"I'm sorry, Reiner. I... I just need you by my side."

Reiner is having tears in his eyes as he hugs his mother.

At the same time, the forces of Marley prepare their cannons and they yell, "We can't give up either! Even if it's just a cannonball or two, it's still better than nothing!"

But as Mr. Leonhart brings some people to help, the soldiers notice that they used to have armbands. "You're Eldians aren't you?"

Before the refugees can shoot them, Leonhart yells, "Wait! Hold on!" He raises his hand and says, "We're just here to ask for help with our wounded!"

"We're in no situation to do that! What are you really here for?"

"Mr. Leonhart! Now do you understand? Marley soldiers aren't going to help us! Looks like we outnumber them! We have more experience in battle too!"

"We've been to the front lines time and time again, for the sake of you Marleyans after all!"

"Put down your guns, Eldians!" The soldiers are still trying to shoot at them.

"Stop what you're doing!" Muller arrives and he yells at the soldiers, "The world is about to end, and you'll still fight with each other? Maybe we ought to be trampled by the Rumbling, because that's basically the reason why it comes to us! Because of your constant fighting!"

The soldiers flinch and they also hear a voice, "Father!"

Leonhart gasps as the one calling to her are Annie, who rushes and hugs her father. "Did they hurt you, Father?"

"Annie? But what are you doing here?" Leonhart asks.

"I've come to help stop the Rumbling." Annie says. "I don't have the power of the Female Titan, but there are still friends from Paradis Island who is willing to help us stop the Rumbling. And we'll be going."

Then Annie leaves to meet up with the others, and at the same time, Reiner and the others also bid farewell to their parents and they all charge towards the Rumbling.

On Onyankopon's flying boat, Levi is lying on the seats as he thinks, "Even if I manage to find Zeke...I'd just be a burden in this state... damn it. I've never bungled one of his orders... not even once... and yet, for some reason, his final order is the one that I just can't... could it be that we finished our mission... way back then? When we got those brats to the sea? Did the part we had to play end here? Tell me... when you dedicated your hearts, was it to trample on the hearts of others?"

Then he shakes his head and mutters, "No, the dream you all had, of a world without Titans... that was an exhaustingly idealistic world. It had to be. If it was going to be worth what you dedicated... the prince you all paid... Erwin, I didn't choose you... and I have no regrets about that. Because I entrusted the future... to that kid who had the same look in his eyes as all of you... the same eyes who seek freedom..."

Hange, Armin, Jean, and Connie have been killing the napes of the Colossal Titans, but the steam has been damaging them a lot. Armin says, "Damn it... all of them are just like Bertolt..."

"But you have to admit... Titans truly are magnificent!"

"Hange!" Jean and Connie yell in horror as Hange continues to kill the Colossal Titans until her body becomes fully burnt and falls to the ground.

"Hange!" Everyone yells as Hange's body is trampled and turned into ashes.

When Hange wakes up, she finds all the Survey Corps members waiting for her. "Hange." Erwin reaches his hand to her. "You did your duty."

Hange stares at them before sighing, "Ugh, I swear... do you know how much I went through after you appointed me commander... The things that idiot Eren got up to."

"Yeah, it must've been difficult, you'll have to tell us about it."

Jean, Connie, and Armin grit their teeth, they know that it is an unwinnable battle, but they all let out a roar as they continue to fight. Reiner, Pieck, Gabi, Falco, Colt, and Annie are about to catch up to the other three, Reiner says, "Annie... I always wanted to apologize to you and Bertolt... that day, it all began that day when I forced you to go ahead with the operation. If we'd turned around then, you and Bertolt might have been able to go home to your families. It's brazen of me to even apologize."

"Yeah, I can't count the times I felt like just killing you." Annie says.

"I admire your self-control, but we have better things to do now." Reiner says.

Then they join Jean, Connie, and Armin to fight the Titans, but after they kill a few of them, their Thunder Spears is going to use up. And at the same time, Pieck is hit by the steam as she's sent flying.

"Pieck!" Reiner yells, but Reiner is also being slapped by the hand of the Colossal Titan, but Jean manages to grab Reiner's hand.

"Sorry... I think my vertical maneuvering equipment is broken!" Reiner says.

"Me too... my right grip. The steam burned through it! I can't pull us up!"

"Jean, let go of me, that way you'll be able to keep alive!" Reiner says.

"Then what? Get crushed by the Rumbling? For someone named the Armored Titan, you really do get broken to pieces way too often!"

"You think we can still win this?" Reiner asks.

"No, but at least, we ought to struggle until they manage to kill us, right? The Survey Corps just doesn't know when to give up, and that's who we are!"

At the same time, Falco is hit by the Colossal Titan, and both Gabi and Colt grab each of the hands.

"Gabi! Colt!" Falco says.

"I wanted you to let me go back when I boarded the enemy ship, but you didn't let me go... so this time, I'm going to repay you for that!" Gabi says.

"If we can't survive, then we might as well die together." Colt says.

Falco remembers his promise to Reiner, to save Gabi from the dark future, and closes his eyes, "Sorry, but I'm not hesitating anymore."

Falco suddenly charges forward with the ODM gear, and Colt yell, "Falco!"

Everyone gasps as they see Falco using the blades to kill more Titans, until his body starts to burn up like Hange, "FALCO!" Gabi yells as Falco is closing his eyes, falling to his doom.

Colt speeds up and reaches Falco, hugging him. "Colt..."

"It's okay, your brother is here. At least we will die together..." Then as both of them fall to the ground, they are also trampled and killed.

"Damn it... HOW DARE YOU!" Gabi tries to use the Rifle and shoots at some Colossal Titans, killing them, but eventually, the bullets are used up, and there are still some more who are approaching.

"Gabi!" Pieck manages to catch Gabi, and says, "You used too much fuel. At this point, you'll fall like Falco and Colt as well..."

"But..." Gabi mutters. "Colt and Falco are killed..."

On the other side, Jean and Connie eventually used up their weapons and the fuel of the ODM gear. Connie asks, "Is this how we're going to die?

"Yeah... at least we die in the Scout's way..." Jean says.

"Do you remember, Jean? During our graduation..." Connie askss.

"Yeah..." Jean says.

"We ended up saving the world... because of you." Then the two of them also fall to their doom.

"Jean! Connie!" Armin yells, as two more of their members are gone.

Pieck, Annie, Gabi, and Reiner are still not trying to give up, but in the end, all of them lose their hope. Annie says, "Is this the end for us..."

"If only we have Titans with us... we might be able to have our advantage... without our titans...we are nothing.." Pieck frowns.

"I'm sorry..." Reiner says. "If only we never broke the wall..."

Then the four of them are also killed by the Rumbling as well, leaving Armin the only one left. Armin manages to escape from the other side of the Rumbling, the amount of Colossal Titans is only 30% compared to the time Onyankopon dropped them off.

"Why does it have to be this way..." Armin mutters in horror.

And at the same time, the remaining humanity widens its eyes with horror. "No... it can't be..." Reiner's mother kneels to the ground with tears, and they're joined by Gabi's parents.

Everyone realizes that this is an unwinnable battle and as the Rumbling continues to move forward, all of them decide to say their farewells and wait for their doom to come.

"The Rumbling... is complete..." Armin feels hopeless as he sits on the ground. He yells, "So there was nothing we could do... is this all it ends for us... Jean... Connie... Reiner... Annie... all of them are dead... Paradis and Hizuru have become the last humanity..."

With humanity disappearing, the Colossal Titans all turn into dust and disappear, in the same way as Pyxis and the other mindless Titans. Armin finds that his body can't move, and he realizes that his soul is leaving his body. "Why... why won't my body move? Please! You have to move! Wake up, you piece of trash! You pitiful coward! You're useless! I hate you! I always have! You've never done anything but betray me! The life I was given! The expectations! The responsibilities! Everything! All of it! You keep letting everyone down! How dare you! How dare you die like this! Move! I say move!"

Just then, he realizes sand is in his hand, and he mutters, "Sand... think, if I really was dead, how would I be able to think with no oxygen coming to my brain? This... isn't a dream. It's not a vision. It's not even the afterlife. It's the paths! This is real!"

Just then, he looks around and stands up, he asks, "But how? Eren changed my blood so I wouldn't be an Eldian again..."

And in front of them, a younger Eren and Mikasa are standing in front of him, and both of them are having sad faces.

Here is a new chapter, and as I mentioned, this is going to be a complete Rumbling story. So as you can see, the Rumbling is complete, and Armin is about to die. The next chapter will be Eren and Mikasa's final talk with Armin in the paths.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.3K 1K 36
Spoiler Alert! What if in an alternative universe, after the battle of Heaven and Earth, Mikasa gets another chance to be with Eren and prevent his i...
132 7 9
It starts with a bracelet, and ends with a bracelet. Eren and Jean finally worked up the courage to admit their feelings for one another, which happ...
385 12 5
Resentment, fear, ignorance and vengeance. The main aspects that drive everyone to make their world a living hell, and being trapped into a vicious c...
242K 5.5K 30
πŸ”žThis is a very dirty Eremika fanfic, if you are not mature enough please click away. That being said: In an alternate universe where the Yeager bro...