promises - edmund pevensie

By prdxqx

"I want you to promise me that you will find someone that will love you as much as I have" | THE COMPLETE TRI... More

PRELUDE
INTERLUDE
↳ THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE
↳ CHAPTER ONE
↳ CHAPTER TWO
↳ CHAPTER THREE
↳ CHAPTER FOUR
↳ CHAPTER FIVE
↳ CHAPTER SIX
↳ CHAPTER SEVEN
↳ CHAPTER EIGHT
↳ CHAPTER NINE
↳ CHAPTER TEN
↳ CHAPTER ELEVEN
↳ CHAPTER TWELVE
↳ CHAPTER THIRTEEN
↳ CHAPTER FOURTEEN
↳ PRINCE CASPIAN
↳ CHAPTER FIFTEEN
↳ CHAPTER SIXTEEN
↳ CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
↳ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
↳ CHAPTER NINETEEN
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
↳ VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
↳ CHAPTER FORTY
THE END
author's note - 11 aug. 2021
a/n - 04 sept. 2021
update - 9 nov. 2021
update - 27th dec. 2021
↳ CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
update - 20th August 2022
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES
↳ DELETED SCENES

↳ DELETED SCENES

164 2 0
By prdxqx

-PICKING MARSHALLS-
——————————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷DELETED SCENE #8ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act ii)

————PROMISES————

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

PETER AND CASPIAN walked through the walls of the How, after sending Edmund to go send the message to Miraz. "This is not what I meant. This is my fight." Caspian began. "I think we've already tried that." Peter reminded, referring to the castle raid.

Caspian slowed down. Peter turned towards him. "Look. If there's ever going to be peace with the Telmarines you have to be the one who brings it." Peter reminded. "Not gonna, if you won't let me." Caspian argued.

"The only reason I'm doing this is to get Emily back. For Ivy, For Lucy and for Edmund." Peter added. "I remember the last time we lost Emily and the two of them were not the same. I can't stand to see them upset. That's why I'm doing it for them as well as Narnia's sake."Peter recalled, easily remembering the memory.

Caspian slightly frowned. "How about this. If I don't make it, Narnia's future is in your hands." Peter finally explained. "And what about your own future?" Caspian questioned. "I was thinking about a career in medicine." Peter turned to see Trumpkin laying out his armour for the battle. Trumpkin held out the helmet and Peter took it into his hands.

"Your highness?" The bear questioned. "Yes?" Peter laid the helmet back on the round stone table. "I'm a bear."

"And a fine one, I'm sure." Peter turned to walk away. "Begging your pardon. But tradition hold that you pick your Marshalls of the List." The bear explained. "He's right. You need to choose your seconds." Caspian pointed out. "Don't let him. He'll just fall asleep and suck his paws." Trumpkin added, glaring at the bear.

"Sire, my life is forever at your command but I had thought perhaps I might be sent for this challenge." Reepicheep began. Trumpkin chuckled. "As you know, my good Reepicheep. Many humans are afraid of mice. And it really wouldn't be fair to Miraz to have anything in sight that could further dilute his courage." Peter sternly told the mouse. "Of course, your majesty is the mirror of honour."

"Caspian." Peter turned towards him. "Tell Glenstorm, I want him, Ed and.." Peter ordered. "Please, your majesty." The bear persuaded. "It is your right. And my honour. But you must remember not to suck your paws." Peter reminded. As soon as Peter turned away, Trumpkin groaned. "Oh. He doing it right now!"

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Peter questioned, looking towards the bear. "Are you sure that you are?" Caspian asked. Peter turned towards Caspian, before slowly looking down.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Edmund walked through the tall grass, parchment held in his hand. One of the giants on one side and a centaur on the other side.

He needed to get Emily back somehow. He would do everything he could. He would come for her, when he couldn't walk, whenever and wherever. They approached the Telmarine camp, and many stared, not accustomed to seeing a giant.

One Telmarine approached them. "What business do you have?" Glozelle crossed his arms over his chest. "We have a message from High King Peter, for King Miraz." Edmund replied, looking awkwardly towards the centaur.

Glozelle pondered, glancing toward the centaur, then the giant and then back to Edmund. ""You two wait outside." He nodded towards the centaur and the giant. "You. Follow me."

Edmund glanced back at the two, the giant had slumped on the floor, leaning against the tree while the centaur stood next to him, giving Edmund a nod of encouragement.

Edmund took a deep breath. He hoped that Emily would be somewhere around here. If not, he would go into the castle himself and find her. Glozelle lead Edmund to a large, dark coloured tent. He assumed this was where Miraz was.

Glozelle held a hand out to stop Edmund, signalling for him to wait outside. Edmund waited patiently as Glozelle entered the tent, a mumble of words were heard through the tent.

Edmund glanced to either side of him, watching the Telmarine at work, when the tent curtain was moved, granting him access to the tent.

When he walked in, he saw Miraz straight in front of him, a group of lords surrounded by him. But what stuck out the most was Emily being sat next to Miraz. She leaned up in her chair, seemingly relieved that he was there.
He gave her an awkward smile before unrolling the parchment in his hand and clearing his throat.

"I, Peter, by the gift of Aslan, by election and by conquest, high king of Narnia, lord of Cair Paravel and emperor of the Lone Islands, in order to prevent the abominable effusion of blood, to hereby challenge the usurper Miraz to single combat upon the field of battle. The fight shall be to the death. The reward will be total surrender and setting High Queen Emily free."

"Tell me, Prince Edmund—" Miraz began. "King." Edmund corrected, glancing up at Miraz, then turning back down to rolling up the parchment.

"Pardon me?" Miraz asked. "It's King Edmund actually. Just king though. Peter's the high king." Edmund explained as all the lords, including Miraz looked confused. "I know, it's confusing."

Miraz glanced towards Emily before beginning to speak again. "Why would we risk such a proposal when our armies could wipe you out by nightfall?" Miraz asked. "Havent you already underestimated our numbers? I mean, only a week ago, Narnians were extinct." Edmund added.

"And so you will be again." Miraz snapped. Edmund's eyes shifted to Emily who looked extremely uncomfortable. He saw her mouth the words 'Help me.' He quickly turned his attention back to Miraz. He was smart enough to think of something. He had to.

"Well then you should have little to fear." He was panicking. He needed to stay calm. "This is not a question of bravery." Miraz laughed.

"So you're bravely refusing to fight a swordsman half your age?" He felt the smirk growing on his face as Miraz' face dropped. He leaned closer with a small smile on his face. "I didn't say I refused."

"You should have our support, Your Majesty. Whatever your decision." A lord spoke up. "Sore, our military advantage alone provides a perfect excuse to avoid..." Lord Sopespian gestures to Edmund. Miraz stood up from his seat angrily, grabbing his sword and almost hitting Emily in the head. Edmunds attention was back on Miraz before moving to Emily. "I'm not avoiding anything!"

Emily glanced back towards him, mouthing a 'Thank you' to him. He gave a small nod in response. Anything for her.

"May I have a say in this conversation?" Emily spoke up. What was she doing now? Edmund thought to himself. Miraz just leant back in his chair and let her speak. Edmund was surprised.

"If High King Peter wins the battle, you have to let me go. And if you win, you can—" She paused. What was she going to do? Edmund hoped she wasn't going to do anything stupid. He just wanted her back, untouched, unhurt. He wanted her safe. Safely with him.

"You can take me for as long as you like." She finished. Edmund noticed the way she didn't make eye contact with him. Why would she do such a thing? He was going to get Peter to win this battle. He was not loosing Emily again. Not after last time. He needed to learn from his mistake and he was not going to let Miraz get in the way.

Edmund glanced back at Miraz, who was pondering the deal. He placed a finger underneath his chin, the cogs in his brain moving. He then picked up his sword in front of him, pointing it at Edmund.

"You. You better hope your brother's sword is sharper than his pen." Miraz said. Edmund felt the smirk growing on his face. It had worked. For now at least. "Escort him out, General."

"Right away, My Lord." Edmund was lead out by Glozelle once again, glancing back at Emily for a second before being lead out of the tent.

Edmund walked back towards where the centaur and giant were waiting, and the three of them slowly began walking back. Thoughts rushed through his brain. What if Peter didn't win the battle? How would he get Emily back?

"Ed!" He turned around at the sound of a familiar voice. He looked to see Emily rushing towards him. He met her halfway and engulfed her in a hug.

"Em, you look absolutely horrible. Have they been feeding you? Did Miraz hurt you? Why would you single-handedly hand yourself over to him like that? I'm going to tell Peter to win the battle or else I'm going to kil—"

The sound of Emily's laughter cut his ramble short. "What?" he asked. "You really think I'm going to give myself up just like that? Because if you do, you must think I'm and idiot, Pevensie."

Edmund chuckled out of relief. "Have things been terrible since the battle?" Emily asked. "Well, the White Witch was summoned, Peter and Caspian have been bickering non stop and most of the Narnians still with us believe Miraz killed you or you've betrayed us." Edmund summarised.

"So, nothing new then?" Emily pointed out. "Is Ivy alright?" She questioned, worried for her sister.

"She's.. Well, she's currently mad at Peter. She thinks it's his fault that you didn't get through." Edmund explained. "Well, she's not half wrong. I didn't know that the gate was closing and I was just abandoned. We did not decide on that."

"Speaking of plans.." Edmund watched as she pulled out a piece of paper from her dress pocket.

"Your times up, princess." Miraz' voice spoke up. The two of them glanced towards Miraz. Emily glanced back up at Edmund, he felt her take his hand in hers, slipping the piece of paper into his hand.

She gave Edmund a small smile of reassurance and Edmund glanced towards Miraz with a clenched jaw. He took one last look at Emily before walking back towards the How with the giant and centaur.

"Hey! Let go of me. You're hurting me!" Edmund winced as he heard Emily's shouts. She glanced over his shoulder, guilty for leaving her, but that's all he could do. He couldn't help her. Not now. But soon. Soon, he would have her back in his arms.

He just needed Peter to win.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 1.7K 22
"But Peter, It was always you..." Must be Love || THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA PETER PEVENSIE X OC [EVERYTHING BELONGS TO DISNE...
5.6K 120 14
You didn't think it was over, did you? This is a sequel to my previous Narnia story The Choice, if you haven't read it already, what are you waiting...
72K 1.8K 12
[started]: sept 22 2019 [Completed]: Oct 14 2019