↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

-RETURNS-
—————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVEˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act iii)

-RETURNS-—————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVEˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act iii)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

EMILY SAT in her seat looking out at the countryside as the carriage drove along the road.

"Emily, for goodness sake. Sit up straight. It's very-" Diann scolded. "Unladylike." Emily muttered under her breath.

"Emily, sé amable con tu madrastra." Her father scolded. Emily fiddled with parts of her dress.

Speaking of Lucy, she walked back to the bike where she had told her brother to wait while she picked out the groceries for her aunt and uncle.

She crossed the busy road, noticing the bike was still there but no Edmund. Lucy sighed, looking up at the war recruit building.

"Not again.." she muttered to herself and heaved the box of groceries in her hands and made her way inside.

She noticed Edmund at the front of the queue talking to the Sergant who had been checking identity.

"Edmund?" Lucy called and he immediately turned to see his sister. "You're supposed to be helping me with the groceries!" Lucy said, disappointingly looking at her brother.

The man behind Edmund cackled as the Sergant folded up the identity card and handed it back to Edmund who took it back, slowly. "Better luck next time, ey, squirt?" The man chuckled ruffling Edmund's hat.

Edmund slowly walked towards Lucy who had a disappointed look on her face as he fixed his hat. 

He followed Lucy out of the building. "Squirt?" he questioned taking the box of groceries from Lucy.

"He barely had two years on me. I'm a king! I've fought wars and I've led armies." Edmund ranted as he reached the bike and began to strap the box into the back of the bike.

"Not in this world." Lucy reminded him. "Yeah, instead I'm stuck here, doing battle with Eustace Clarence Scrubb." Edmund complained.

Lucy's gaze fixed in a woman who was laughing as a soldier stood in front of her. "If anyone so deserves a name."

Lucy noticed the beautiful woman tuck a stray hair behind her ear. Lucy reached up and tucked her hair behind her ear.