↳ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

-FAMILY ARGUMENTS-
—————————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER EIGHTEENˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act ii)

-FAMILY ARGUMENTS-—————————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER EIGHTEENˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act ii)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

THE SIX OF THEM all climbed onto the boat. They rowed across the river in silence. All you could hear was the water splashing as they rowed. The dwarf, whose name they all learned was Trumpkin, still had grumpiness written all over his face. Everything around them was so still.

"They're so still.." Lucy pointed out. "They're trees. What do you expect?" Trumpkin rolled his eyes. "They used to dance." Lucy answered, raising her eyebrows at the dwarf.

"Wasn't long after you left that the Telmarines invaded. Those who survived retreated to the woods. And the trees, they retreated so deep into themselves that they haven't been heard since." Trumpkin explained.

"I don't understand. How could Aslan of let this happen?" Lucy asked. "Aslan? Thought he abandoned us when you lot did." Emily looked down as he said this. "We didn't mean to leave, you know?" Peter spoke up. "Makes no difference now, does it?" Trumpkin rolled his eyes again. "Get us to the Narnians.. and it will."

Emily looked down at the clear water beneath her hoping it would entertain her for a while. Edmund stared at her.

He didn't have a good enough look at her. She was still the same from before just a year older. Her curls were pulled into a small crown at her head, the rest of her curls were left down, just like it was when they were first crowned. He had missed her a lot. His siblings would mock him since he wouldn't stop talking about her since they left Emily with the professor to which their mother scolded them.

The 6 figures reached the stony shore. Each of them hopping out to pull the boat onto the shore. Emily was the last one to get out when she missed the footing on the edge of the boat and fell.

She waited for the impact of the stones, closing her eyes but it never came. She opened her eyes and looked up to see Edmund smirking down at her.

"Never knew you'd be the one to fall for me." Edmund smirked. "You wish, Pevensie." Emily scoffed and rolled her eyes as he helped her stand up onto her feet and help the others pull the boat onto shore.

"Hello, there!" They all turned to look at her, as she walked up towards the bear. "It's all right. We're friends." The bear only growled in response.