↳ CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

-IS THIS REAL?-
————————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER FORTY-ONEˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act iii)

-IS THIS REAL?-————————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER FORTY-ONEˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act iii)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

September 1949

EDMUND, LUCY, Peter, Eustace appear back at the train station they left to go to Narnia.

Helen waving her arms around to get their attention. Back when they first returned in 1940, they had told their mother of their adventure with Emily.

She immediately believed them, being the loving, caring mother she was. The train came rolling into the station and the five got into the train.

The train sped up, the conductor tried his best to slow it down but it was too late. The train crashed at the final station.

None of them realised that they were dead. They thought they were asleep. Edmund groaned, becoming conscious.

He opened his eyes and was immediately blinded by the sun. He frowned remembering that he was at a train station mere seconds ago.

He sat up to see Peter, Eustace, his mum and Lucy around him. They all stood up looking around at the beautiful scenery around them. "Where are we?" Peter asked.

"Welcome, dear ones." A voice spoke from behind them.

They all turned to the voice to see the Great Lion they had missed dearly. "Aslan!" Lucy gasped running towards him and burying her face in his mane once again.

"Where exactly are we, Aslan?" Peter asked again. "This is my country, dear ones. You've earned your place here." Aslan explained.

The five exchanged glances. "Follow me. I'll lead you to where you'll feel at home." Aslan spoke.

"Lucy, look." Helen was so excited and twirled around in her royal dress. "I know, Mum. I knew you'd love them one day." Lucy spoke, remembering her conversation with Susan on their first adventure to Narnia.

They all followed Aslan across his country, realising it stretched for miles. They reached a village where people were bustling about.

"I'll let you adventure on your own." Aslan left them be. The five walked down the hill and into the village where many people stared at them, bowing as they walked past.

One person caught Helen's eyes. She immediately ran towards him and engulfed him in a hug.

The others were confused as to why she ran to a random man but as they turned around it was Christopher. Their father. Peter, Edmund and Lucy ran towards their father who they hadn't seen in years.

"Peter? Is that you?" A female voice asked. Peter pulled away from the hug, turning to the voice. A few metres away was Ivy.

She ran towards him and engulfed him in a hug. She then moved to hug Lucy. And finally Edmund. "She's up that cliff, if you're wondering where she is." Ivy whispered in his ear. Edmund frowned, pulling away from the hug before realising.

He snuck away from the reunion and up the cliff. He trudged through the trees at the top of the cliff before coming to a clearing where a girl sat, her legs dangling over the edge. "Em?" he spoke.

The girl turned her head to see the brunette boy. Emily couldn't believe it. "Ed?" She stood up from her spot to see if it was actually him. He only smiled at her.

Out of relief, she immediately ran towards him, engulfing him in a hug. She felt as if she could cry out of happiness.

They pulled away from the hug. Emily was in shock. "I thought I told you to join me later." Emily pointed out.

"Em, I've waited for this moment for many years. I couldn't wait any longer." Edmund said and pulled out something out of his pocket. He took her right hand in his hand and kneeled down onto one knee.

He held out the ring as Emily covered her mouth with her hand as a happy tear rolled down her face.

"Will you marry me, Em?" Edmund asked, looking up at Emily. Emily only nodded as Edmund stood up, putting the ring on her left ring finger.

Emily pulled him in for a kiss. Their moment finally happened. They both pulled away from the kiss, Emily turning towards the sunset as Edmunds arms wrapped themselves around her waist.

They both looked out onto the sunset, realising they had made it.

Maybe fairytales do have happy ending after all.

END OF ACT III

thank you for reading promises.

—AUTHORS NOTE

surprise, i'm back. after a while, i finally decided to write a reunion chapter as promised. it took me a while to get ideas together. i love acting out my scenes to see how other readers would perceive it so that took a while. but, this book has finally come to an end. i hope you all enjoyed the little journey as much as i did writing it. i appreciate all the votes and reads on this story and i also appreciate every one of you who have been on this journey. i love you all lots and i hope we meet again if i write again.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷