Hear my lullaby

By kukkuuryyd

Sequel from 'All I ever wanted', 'Hold me tight' and 'Only for you darling'. I highly recommend of reading th... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.

14.

130 16 9
By kukkuuryyd

14. You're in a turning point in life

Freya

Lydia sent me a message in the morning in instagram, since we don't have each other numbers. She asked that if I was okay, apparently the night I spent in Tommi's place made her worried. I said that I was fine, but flu is hitting me. The fever I had last night was finally gone, but I'm not fine yet.
It's a win for me that I no longer have that fever, now I have time to check over the whole basement and search for.. something.
It was noon and Gilbert left just a few minutes ago to downtown, he didn't really tell me what he was about to do there and how long.
I rolled the sleeves of my oversized flannel shirt up, and I was ready to find some clues.

But just when I was about to take a step towards Gilbert's stuff, I heard the doorbell ringing in the upstairs.
"I guess I'll do this later..." I quietly sighed by myself as I decided to rush the stairs up and find out who's behind the door.

And I got quite suprised when I saw a familiar blonde girl standing there. She had a soft smile on her lips.
"Hi." She greeted me a little shyly.

"Lydia.. hi. This is.. suprising." I smiled nervously. She kept smiling and then looked at me up and down, like she was observing. She's really nice, but I don't know her that well yet. Also she hasn't been with Tommi for a long time, so maybe deep inside me I hesitated at first. I remember Ruut and how she manipulated Joel and used him for her own needs, so I'm a little nervous even though I wouldn't want to be. Tommi really likes her and they get along well.
I moved aside so she could come in, and she did. She took her shoes off while I made my way towards the kitchen. Eevi was the only one home, she had some conference call, so she was on her and Olli's bedroom.

"You take anything?" I asked. Lydia's eyes wandered around and then she quickly turned to look at me.
"Tea." She nodded and then studied some photos on the wall. I decided to make tea for both of us.

I poured the water from the kettle to two mugs, and I took one jar from the cabinet where all the teas were. I placed the mugs and the jar to the kitchen table, and Lydia then calmly took a seat across from me.
Her fingers runned through all the teabags, and then she took one. I took the cinnamon one.
"So.. how are you really doing?" Her voice was mysterious. I let out a small chuckle as I put the teabag to the mug.
"I hate this flu.. but if I don't count that, I'm doing alright. What about you?" I asked. She smiled a little, but I could sense that she has something on her mind.

"I'm doing great. Everything is good with Tommi and my studies are progressing." She explained, sounding happy and excited. I wish I had that much to tell about how I'm doing.
"What are you studying?" I questioned. Then I moved my eyes up slowly from my mug to her necklace. It was a.. rose quartz I think. A crystal.
I don't know anything about those things, but it was pretty. I've heard though that all that crystal stuff and all have a deeper meaning. I decided to not pay attention to that any longer, it would be weird that I would be just staring at her necklace.

"Psychology. I'm also working at one small shop that sells everything that is related to spiritual things. For example crystals, scented candles, incenses, sound bowls..." She told me and I nodded.
"Does it sound silly?" She chuckled nervously. I frowned a bit and then shook my head.
"No! I think it sounds interesting. And you really seem to be a spiritual person. It's cool." I smiled and she started smiling too. She really seems to be much deeper person than I thought. But I was still interested by her necklace.

"How did you meet with Tommi? I see that he likes you very much." I questioned curious, and I saw how her cheeks started blushing.
"It actually sounds like how every love story starts in movies or something." She laughed and I started grinning. I got even more curious. She looked at me then and I raised my eyebrows, she hesitated first to tell. Then she placed her hands on her cheeks and giggled a bit, I see she's really in love with him.

"Okay, okay. I was outside of the shop I'm working, and we just got a shipment of new things and there were many heavy boxes. It was annoying that all of them were outside and my back was hurting so much, also I was the only one there at the moment. All of sudden I heard someone asking behind me if I needed help with carrying the boxes inside. I turned around and.. in that moment when I looked at him in the eyes.. I felt like I had met the person who's going to supplement my heart." She then took a big sip of her tea, and I just kept smiling.

"Supplement your heart? Not like.. be the other half of your heart, like many people says..." I questioned and she smiled while studying my face. There is something going on inside her head, I know that she's going to suggest me something. I don't know. But in a good way, why else she would've come here?
"My heart is already complete, and I mean that I don't need anyone to be the other half of me. Because I'm complete already with myself, and if I have the person I love, they're going to supplement it. Does it.. make sense?" She explained calmly and smiled in the end. I was silent, and her words were spinning around inside my head.
"Yeah.. that's actually.. like it should be. That no one needs to find the other half of themselves." I nodded slowly as I stared at my tea.

"Because there is no one else who could be that half of you than yourself. And I think it's silly that people call their partners as their half of themselves. You need to find yourself and not someone else who could be your other half." She said. I understood what she meant, and I have actually never thought of that.
That makes sense.

I caught myself staring at her necklace again, and I guess she noticed this time. She took it between her fingers, and I lifted my eyes up to her's.
"It's rose quartz. It's often called as the stone of love or the stone of heart. It radiates love and empathic energy around it. I use it as support to develop self-esteem and fully accept myself. And it brings balance to relationship, and it's energy amplifies love. There is many other things too that it helps with." She told me while looking at it, and I was just staring at it too.

"And speaking of that, it's the reason I decided to come. I felt through your messages that you're not doing fine, and the night you spent at Tommi's place made me very worried. I brought something with me." She started digging her one pocket of her trousers. I was confused.
She had one small silky pouch in her hand, and then she placed it in front of me. I glanced at her, and she was waiting for me to take it and open it.

So I took it and opened it, I put my hand under the pouch and then tilted it. There came out same looking crystal necklace, but it was green with some stripes. I put the pouch down and I started studying the crystal. It was so pretty. I was mesmerized by it.
"It's malachite. It's a stone of deep inner transformation and healing. It brings up unprocessed things, memories, bonds and emotions that stand in the way of growth. It brings you feelings and memories from the past and helps you see them from another perspective and makes you understand what your own role has been in those situations or relationships. Instead of need-based relationships, malachite leads to healthy relationships based on love." She told me with her calm voice. I lifted my eyes up to her.

"How did you..." I quietly said, but I wasn't able to say anything else, even though I wanted. Her face expressions were gentle.
"When we met the last time, I had a strong feeling that you may need some advices. You have to find out what you want and need from life. You may or may not believe in crystals and how they work, but either way they share the energy around that is specific to them." She looked at the crystal in my hand. I was speechless, I didn't know what to say.
Everything what she told about this malachite felt like I was meant to have it.
"Thank you.. but what if it doesn't work? What if I give nothing from it?" I asked nervously.

"At least it reminds you that you're in a turning point in life and you need to listen to your instinct. And there is things that you need to solve from the past. Am I.. right?" She looked at me with her blue eyes.
I gave her a nod. She smiled lightly then.

"Before you use it, clean it from all the energy. I'll send you the instructions in instagram." She suddenly stood up, so I followed her actions.
"You're leaving already?" I asked a bit confused. She smiled and came to hug me then. I hugged her back.
"I have work. It was nice to talk with you." She smiled to me then, after that we said goodbyes to each other.

For the rest of the day I was still feeling a little confused, but yet I was excited about the necklace. I did what Lydia suggested me to do, so I cleaned the crystal from all the energy with a candle.

Also I was feeling a lot better, hopefully the flu is going away. I forgot to find some clues from Gilbert's stuff, and actually I had no interest in that anymore.
I decided to wear that crystal in my neck from now on, and maybe there would be some results. Or maybe not. But at least I was thinking about what Lydia told me.

"Hi dear. It was a long day." Gilbert's voice interrupted my thoughts. I was sitting on the mattress, and I looked up at him. He smiled to me, then he kneeled down and kissed my head.
"Where were you?" I casually asked as I hold that crystal between my fingers. He put some locks of my hair behind my ear while I kept staring at him.
"I met one old friend from school." He answered. Then his eyes were staring at my new necklace, he frowned a bit and then touched it, so I put my own hand down. I swallowed. Hopefully he knows nothing about this stuff.
"Where did you get this?" He asked curious.

"Lydia visited here today. She gave it." I kept staring at his reaction, but he only nodded and then let go of it. Then he smiled to me, I did my best to smile back.

"Well, I'm tired as hell. I'll go to sleep already." He layed down next to me, but I sat still and watched as he made himself comfortable. I took my phone from my jeans pocket, and in that exact same moment I got a message.

Unknown: I hope we meet soon, so I can give you the roses.
I was in shock. Maybe it was silly from me to think that the asshole behind that number would've have stopped this.
Me: Who the fuck are you? Can you stop before I'll take this to police.
I was getting mad, so I decided to text him back. If I think about it, it was stupid. Anyone should never write back if some creepy person is sending messages to you. And my thought about Gilbert being the one sending these came into my mind. But I looked to my left, and he was still keeping his eyes closed and he hasn't moved at all. So.. he's not the one. Who is it then? And I hope we will never meet.

I flinched when I saw another notification, but luckily it wasn't from that unknown number.
It was someone I was hoping for a message from.

Joel: I just took my sleeping pill.
I smiled when I saw it. Quickly I glanced to look at Gilbert, just to make sure his eyes will stay closed.
Me: Good. Now I won't have to read your boring messages at night.

Joel: You don't mean that. I know you wish every night that I would send you memes or something.
I shook my head smiling.

Me: Well.. not every night. But maybe twice a week would be a good start.

Joel: Aye aye captain!
I covered my mouth so I wouldn't let a laugh out. I put the phone down smiling, and then I turned to look at Gilbert again.
But my smile faded away soon as one thing came up to my mind again. I have two days before our flight to Caribbean. I don't know what should I do. I looked down at the crystal in my neck, and I took it in my hand. I breathed in and out slowly.
What should I do?

Freya and Lydia got to known each other better. Any thoughts of Lydia?
Also is there anyone else into crystals? I have just found my interest towards them, and actually I just bought my first crystal necklace!
Remember to stream FLATLINE, god it's amazing.
Stay safe and strong🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 1K 25
Miryam, a young woman who is not looking for anything at the moment. Niko, a young man who has laid his eyes on Miryam. But is he able to melt her fr...
9.6K 728 34
It was always too good to be true and Aleksi had to learn it the hard way. As much as she loved Aleksi, the two of them could never be happy because...
10.2K 746 27
Two lonely souls. He's wild and free, living his best life as an guitarist and chasing his dreams. She has bleak mind, and with her broken soul she'...
11.6K 515 27
He always dreamed of becoming a big rockstar, I always dreamed of making my own movies and when opportunities struck, we both chose work. Now it's be...