Isn't This Supposed to be an...

By SomeTypicalMilk

From the start, our main character has always had a fascination with technology. It all started at age five w... More

Welcome to The Company, Y-san.
So, These Are The Idols? They're Certainly... Different?
The Case of The Missing Takoyaki.
Okay so, Are You Real or a Cosplayer? Either Way, it's Fine With me.
Enter The Apprentice For The Beginner.
A Shooting Star and an Elite Shrine Maiden.
A Rabbit and the Moon.
So... You're Death? You're a shark? And You're Just a Normal Girl? Okay...
She's an Idol Too? She's Very Unique... I Like it!
I Made A Deal With A Ceo, And Now My Coworkers Are Fighting Over Me?!?1?1
It's Time to Start our Cooking Club!-Wait, We've Already Done This Before?
Wake up! You're Going to be Late! Get up, Now!
Dealing With an Oni Can be Difficult-or Not? Well, This Was Unexpected.
It's Takes a lot to Plan Festivals, but as Long as Their fun, it's Worth it
Welcome to HoloFest Live!
This Feels so Random, but I'm Having Fun. But I Feel Like I Forgot Something...
When Holo EN Invades, There's Only one Thing to do. Have Fun?
H-Hey! Wait! This is my Story! You Can't Just Take i-Shhh. It's Mine now.
As The Festival Comes to an end, Everything Only Seems Livelier.
Enter The Apprentice's Apprentice For The Novice.
So, What Do You Think? Just As Nice As The Other One, Right?
Let's Do Our Best To Set A Good Example.

Why Would You Want To Spend Valentine's Day Alone? Why Not With Someone Special?

1.1K 26 2
By SomeTypicalMilk

A/N: Welcome back to a themed chapter. I've actually always wanted to make a chapter about this. Mio and Y/n were such a joy to write. I debated about making this chapter for a while. I did say it was probably going to be a one-shot. PROBABLY. Yeah, I took the probably. With my free time, I've decided to make it as a way to celebrate the season. As per usual, I hope that you enjoy this chapter thoroughly.

Oh, and by the way. This story will switch POV for a little while towards the middle. You'll get to follow Mio as she picks out a gift.

???: "Well, well, well. It seems you're all alone on Valentine's. I must say, I'm honestly surprised. Surely there are a few candidates who'd be there in a heartbeat if they knew. I know their hearts would skip a beat. But that's beside the point. What's done is done. How about this? Let me help you with those woes. Consider it a little gift from the other side. Being lonely on a day like this is no good. No, I'm sure today is your lucky day. Now, let me find you a correct idea... Hmm. Yes. This will suffice. Enjoy."

Alarm: "Sekai de ichiban ohime-sama~ Sou iu atsukai kokoroete yo ne~!"

A tail fluffy falls on the alarm and turns it off.

Mio: "Daring, wake up."

Y/n: "I'm up~"

But Mio is not. An unexpected wave of sleepiness crashes over her. She finds herself not being able to get up properly. Mio puts her head back onto her pillow.

Y/n: "Hey, Mio."

He gently nudges at her.

Mio: "Nooo."

Y/n: "Mio, come on. We have to go to school."

Mio: "Do we?"

Y/n: "Well, we could skip a day."

Mio: "Ah~! I'd love to skip a day with yo-"

Y/n: "But it'd be against the rules."

Mio: "Mmm. I don't want to go."

Y/n: "It's the last day before the weekend. Valentine's day is on Sunday, so you won't get treats if you don't go."

Mio doesn't budge.

Y/n: *He goes up to her ear* "If you don't go, I'll be lonely eating chocolate by myself."

Mio: "Unfair attack. You can't say that... Something so out of the blue."

She yawns. Trying to shift awake, but she instead finds a great weight on her back. It's none other than Tawa. She had been sleeping peacefully up until now.

Mio: "Please get Tawa off me."

Y/n: "Hai."

He carefully picks up Tawa and puts her on the floor.

Y/n: "Cat removed."

Mio: "Thank you."

She gets up and stretches.

Mio: "Mmmmm!" *She sighs* "Man. I shouldn't have slept on my back."

Careful to cover herself, she gets up.

Mio: "Alright then, let's get dressed."

She shines brightly despite having protested waking up only seconds ago.

Y/N: Morning people.

Mio: "You can get dressed in the bathroom."

Y/N: "Right."

Getting dressed, he checks his phone.

Phone: 'Friday, February 12.'

Y/N: Tomorrow. I have to get her a gift by tomorrow!

He panics knowing that he has only a day to buy her the perfect gift. Mio does the same in the bedroom. You see, they've both been carefully studying each other all week. They don't want to disappoint the other with a lackluster. Ordinarily, they'd have asked each other what they wanted and got that. But this year they wanted to add some excitement with surprise gifts. They'd exchanged valentine's gifts since first grade. Usually a box of assorted chocolates in elementary, homemade cookies in middle school, then homemade chocolate in high school. But part of the excitement was staying up the night before wondering what the other's preferences might be. Would they be in the mood for white chocolate? Did they get the same box last year? What should they write on the note? It all combined into a feeling of relief and joy when the other loved their gift.

Y/n: I've got nothing... Is what I would say if I was a bad boyfriend! If everything works out, the first gift will be ready by tomorrow morning. Though, I should check the status right now.

Checking his phone, he goes to the shop's website.

Item Status: 'Sold out!'

Y/N: Good thing I ordered my gift in advance.

He scrolls over to his order.

Page: 'Order 25. Will be ready by 6:00 tomorrow.'

Y/N: Perfect! It's early for the weekend, but it gives me a reasonable amount of time to wrap it.

From across the hall, Mio exclaims to Y/N.

Mio: "I'm ready!"

Y/n: "Hai!"

He quickly gets dressed before leaving the bathroom. Grabbing their school bags, they leave for school together. On the way, they're joined by Fubuki and Damo.

Fubuki: "As lively as ever."

Y/N: "Of course! We're the loveist-doviest couple around!"

Fubuki: "Oh?"

She gets VERY close to Y/N.

Fubuki: "Why not prove it?"

Mio: "H-Hm?"

Fubuki: "Kiss." I'm not asking.

Y/N: "EH?!"

Fubuki: *She smiles* "You're so deeply in love that you wouldn't mind doing it right now, right?"

Mio: "N-No way!"

Y/n: "Not in front of everyone!"

Fubuki: "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm? But Itsuka-san and Tobiichi-chan kiss all the time in public."

Damo: "That's true, isn't it? Just the other day I caught the two in quite the situation." *He nods* "Yes, it was quite bold."

Y/N: "We have decency!"

The air cools down dramatically. Y/N feels a sharp, but cold, prick at his spine. His eyes widen in fear. Something heard his comment clearly.

Tobiichi: "What's the matter? Life flashing before your eyes?"

Y/N: "T-T-T-T-Tobiichi-san!?"

Tobiichi: "That's me. Itsuka-kun's stunning girlfriend. The one who isn't afraid to give him affection anywhere I want."

She stands in front of Y/N.

Tobiichi: "Is there a problem with that?"

Beyond her stoic expression, there's a blatant hostility in her voice.

Y/N: I can't back down now. I have to stand firm in my resolve.

They lock eyes. A blaze met with an ocean.

Y/N: "You're indecent."

Tobiichi: "Correct."

Y/N: "Huh?"

Tobiichi: "I'm very indecent with Itsuka-kun. We embrace each other through the hallways, kiss whenever we wish, and we even touch during our break. We're the most in love couple. We're the most indecent couple in the school. No, in the wo-"

Ituska: "O-Oi! Enough of that!"

Hurrying over, her boyfriend seems to be in a panic.

Itsuka: "We're not like that at all! She kisses me out of the blue sometimes, but that's as far as it goes!"

Tobiichi: "So you're still going to deny what happened in the broom closet?"

Damo: "I saw you two in there. You can't hide that one."

Itsuka: "That's a big misunderstanding!"

He sighs loudly before retelling the events of that day. Originally, it seemed like Itsuka was found half-naked on top of Tobiichi. But in reality, it was the other way around. Tobiichi tricked Itsuka into entering the dark closet. There she proceeded to enact her plan. It was foiled by Damo looking for paper towels for his classroom.

Tobiichi: "And I would've gotten away with it too. If it hadn't been for that meddling guy!"

Her eyebrows furrow and her expression changes from unreadable to upset.

Tobiichi: "You're lucky I didn't have time to get my revenge right there. We were about to get to the good part."

Itsuka: "It wouldn't have gone that far!"

He pats Tobiichi on the head.

Itsuka: "Don't try and start rumors. I just cleared my reputation a few days ago." *He thinks for a moment* "Oh."

He reaches into his backpack and pulls out a red box.

Itsuka: "This is for you."

Tobiichi: *She swiftly accepts* "I love it."

Itsuka: "At least open it first."

Tobiichi: "Let's open ours at the same time."

She hands Itsuka a medium-sized brown box.

Mio: "We should get going."

Class will start in four minutes.

Y/N: "Yeah."

Fubuki: The results of today's competition? Unclear. Perhaps a tie?

Continuing to class, they discuss their plans for the weekend.

Damo: "The usual isn't bad. Discount chocolate on Monday? That's the steal of the season! I'm going to get a few buddies together, and we're going to raid stores." *He sneers* "Business will be booming."

Y/N: "No denying that. Our plan is foolproof!"

Mio: "That being?"

Damo: "The plan is simple. Melt the chocolate. Grab coin-shaped molds. Then make them into coin chocolate."

Y/N: "Sell them near convenience stores as lucky chocolate, and you're in business."

Fubuki: "Oh! That's pretty smart."

Y/N: "Isn't it? We can double the prices and take in a massive profit!"

Damo and Y/N laugh heartily. Their expressions swiftly go from goofy to dead serious.

Y/N/Damo: "There's no way it could fail."

The one-minute bell rings.

Damo: "Ah. We should split."

They say their goodbyes before quickly heading to class.

Bang: "Alright class, sit down. I get what day it is, but still, have some patience. You still have two entire days to get through."

Gohan: "Even if you say that, but you can't deny it's still exciting."

Bang: "Sure. I remember when I was in high school." *He chuckles* "It might not look like it now, but I used to be quite the lady's man. That actually got me in a spot of bother. A box of chocolate is fine but try fifteen. I like my teeth where they are."

He faces the board.

Bang: "Now pay attention, class. This will be on the test next week."

Despite saying this, the class continues talking loudly about how they're going to be confessed to.

Bang: *He sighs* "The least you could do is quiet it down."

Class: "Hai!"

Bang: "Don't be too rowdy."

Knowing there's no stopping the class once they're fired up, he retreats to his desk. A few students huddle together and acknowledge that they're going to be alone again this year.

Irene: "It's not all that bad."

Koba: "Of course, you'd say that. You already have a boyfriend."

Irene: "There's always next year."

Those words haunt the group. They know there won't be a next year. Or a next year. Or a next. They've given up hope at this point.

Y/N: I'm lucky to have Mio. Next year, guys. Just keeping holding hope.

Classes go by noisier than average. The feeling of excitement carries throughout the entire school. Even some of the teachers got chocolates from students. Y/N and Mio exchanged homemade cookies. When class ends Mio and Y/N walk to Mio's house.

Y/N: "Did you receive any candy from your friends?"

Mio: "Mm."

She nods and shows him the few small bags in her backpack.

Mio: "Do you want some?"

Y/N: "No, no. They're yours. I was just curious."

Mio: "Hmmm?" *She gets closer to Y/N* "Could you be, jealous?"

Y/N: "Not at all. Just a little curious."

Mio: "I see." *She smiles* "Did you know Ayame-chan can bake?"

Y/N: "I haven't seen her do anything but nag. But I suppose everyone has a few different talents."

Mio: "I-I wouldn't exactly call it a talent. She's been working hard trying to make everyone a cookie."

Y/N: Wait, I didn't get a cookie. "How did it turn out?"

Mio: "Burned to a crisp. All of them."

Y/N: "A-Ah... At least she tried."

Mio: "I'm proud of her. Branching out can be scary."

Y/N: "That's true. I still suck at cooking."

Mio: "You're cooking is great! Even if it isn't as good as mine, it's still yummy."

Y/N: "I still have room to improve."

Mio: "We both do."

Making it to Mio's house, they both take off their shoes and enter the living room.

Mio: "It was starting to drag on. I'm glad we can finally relax together."

She sits down next to Y/N and leans on his shoulder.

Mio: I wish we had more classes together.

Y/N: "You know, this reminds me of when I was in middle school." *He nods* "I was in seventh grade. My mom had a rare free day. I was anxious the entire day. I had no idea how long she would be there, so every second of my last class felt excruciating." *He smiles* "She was there for the entire day but was gone in the morning."

Mio: "That's pretty amazing. I can't remember what I did during my seventh-grade birthday."

Y/N: "I have a pretty good memory. Like the time..."

He goes off talking about the different celebrations he remembers. New Year, Christmas, and summer festivals. He recollects memories from his childhood.

Y/N: "Then there's that one time on my birthday-you seriously won't believe this. Dad jumps off the roof does a perfect flip midair and presents mom with a cake."

Mio: "W-Wow! That's incredible!"

Y/N: "That's not all. One year he decided he'd handmake Mom a present for April Fools' day. But that's strange, right? You're not supposed to make gifts. Well, this year he wanted to."

Mio leans in.

Y/N: "He grabbed a bunch of random things and stuck them all together. He would not look at it until it was finished.

Presenting the strange object, Mio can't help but laugh at the absurdity. The object itself is indescribable. How would you begin to try and make sense of junk taking form?

Y/N: "Since she didn't want it, I keep it with me."

He puts it back into his backpack.

Y/N: "Even if it's silly, I don't get why she wouldn't keep it."

Mio: "Everyone has their reasons."

Y/N: "I guess so."

Mio: "Even then. Why do you have it?"

Y/N: "I find it funny. Even if it is just a mess of things put together, there's still effort. He aligned certain parts and looked to make something somewhat cohesive. I think it's a funny reminder of the high effort he puts into anything he does."

Mio: "Does he usually do things like that?"

Y/N: "While he hasn't made another April Fools' creation, he often makes... Things? I'm sorry, there's no better word to describe it."

Mio: "What does he make?"

Y/N: "Well, let me give you an example. One day after work he took tissue paper and started making origami goldfish. Or the time he sculpted model trains out of toothpicks."

Mio: "That's amazing!"

Y/N: "They weren't that good."

Mio: "O-Oh."

Y/N: "But you could still tell he tried to make them with everything he had. Sometimes he creates something with no clear objective in mind. Other times he'll stick to a theme. It mostly depends on the date."

Mio: "What did he make for new years?"

Y/N: "Lucky cat statues from scratch. They were actually quite beautiful. He even got Tooru in the crafting mood."

He recounts making shisa statues with Satoru when he was young. Mio retells a story in which she made arts and crafts with her dad. But halfway through the story, she's interrupted by two cats.

Y/N: "Are they hungry?"

Mio: "Probably so. I'd hate to be a bother, but could you feed them?"

Y/N: "Sure thing."

Mio: "Thanks~"

She stands up and streches.

Mio: "I usually cook dinner around the same time I feed them."

Y/n: "So they won't try and take from the kitchen, right?"

Mio: "That's exactly right.

Walking into the kitchen, she examines the pantry. Plenty of meat and veggies. Not to mention the broth sitting in the fridge."

Mio: "I think I'll make stew tonight." *She glances over to Y/N* "What do you think?"

Y/N: "Anything's fine with me."

Mio: "Besides that."

Y/N: "No tomato please."

Mio: "We don't have any today. So you're safe for now."

Y/N: Thank you, Kami-sama. I've been spared from the red devils.

Mio begins slicing up the beef into cubes.

Y/N: "Need any help?"

Mio: "Not that I can think of. Sit back, dear. I got everything handled tonight."

In a separate pan, she heats up some light olive oil.

Y/N: "Are you sure? I'm here to help with anything."

He hugs Mio from behind.

Mio: "Hey. Don't do that while I'm trying to cook."

Y/N: "Gomen, gomen."

He lets go and stands back a little. While she's cutting the vegetables a certain grey paw finds its way on the counter. It hurriedly looks for anything edible. Luckily for them, she hasn't brought everything out yet. The cat's efforts are in vain.

Mio: "Taiga, you don't like Daikon."

The cat looks up at Mio and meows softly.

Mio: "Nope. I'm not giving into your pleas."

Taiga: "Merow?"

Mio: "No, I can't. Go play with Tawa." *She doesn't take her eyes off the pot* "I'm not going to give you anything if you beg."

Knowing it's not going to get what it wants, the cat wanders off.

Mio: "I swear. Those two are too energetic sometimes."

Y/N: "The struggle between sitting around all day or causing chaos."

Mio: "They chose the ladder."

Almost on queue, a cat proceeds to climb a dresser.

Mio: *She sighs* "I know it's their way of passing time, but still."

Y/N: "Allow me to entertain them."

He pulls out an assortment of cat toys.

Mio: "Oh! Sugoi!"

Y/N: "I came prepared. Just in case they were feeling extra playful."

He takes out a string with a bell at the end. Running around the house, the cats chase after him. This allows Mio to focus on cooking.

Y/N: I should bring treats next time. I'll train them not to beg.

After a while of playing around, dinner is ready.

Mio: "Let's eat."

Y/N: "Hai."

He sets down his toy and heads to the table. Once dinner is done, they wash the dishes together.

Mio: "I'm to be shopping in the Mitsukiyo district. You?"

Y/N: "Same place."

Mio: "Really? That's a coincidence."

Y/N: "They are known for their variety of shops."

Mio: "There's a little bit of everything there."

Y/N: "It's honestly one of my favorite places to shop."

Mio: "Then, how about we go together?"

Y/N: "LIke a shopping date?"

Mio: "For an hour, at least. Then we can go buy or gifts and regroup."

Y/N: "Sure, I'd love to."

Mio: *She smiles* Yatta! "Let met at the park near the bike shop."

Y/N: "The one with the coffee shop next to it?"

Mio: "That's the one."

Y/N: "I'll be there. Text me what time I should be there."

Mio: "I'll text you as soon as I leave the house.

After cleaning the dishes, Y/N thanks Mio for dinner, and walks home. While walking, he thinks up a plan for tomorrow.

Y/N: Alright. I'll wake up early, swing by the shop to get it, then give her the first gift. I'll give her the other gift on Sunday since it's inconvenient to carry it around for hours. Afterward, we'll go on an amazing date that'll take place all day!

Needing to wake up early, he goes to sleep as soon as he gets in his room. He dreams of summer and the sound of the early morning train. Waking up early, he's slow to get prepared.

Y/N: On a weekend. It's far too early.

He does his best to shake off his sleepiness.

Y/N: For Mio. It will all be worth it once I see her wearing it.

Stretching seems to take his mind off the time. Double-checking to make sure he has everything, he leaves for the shopping district.

Y/N: Woah! It's too quiet. How long has it been since I've had to wake up this early?

Surprisingly, there are no cars present. At this time most people are asleep. Though, there are some early risers. But they aren't loud. It seems they're also used to this tranquility.

Y/N: By the time we wake up everyone is driving to work.

The sound of cars would be filling the streets as he and Mio walk to school. People would loudly talk to each other. Others would noisily commute on the phone. Not that Y/N and Mio were excused from being a part of the noise. They'd just as excitedly talk about their plans for the day. Without the presence of the usual chatter, everything feels empty.

Y/N: It's almost creepy. But at the same time, I'm sure this is someone's dream. To walk home with only the sounds of nature to accompany them. Even then, I'm not the type. I'm not fond of being left to my thoughts.

Not wanting to stick around longer than he has to, he heads straight for the store. Madame Ping is sweeping out front. It seems she didn't get here until recently.

Y/N: "Madame."

Madame: "Oh, an early bird." *She laughs a little* "I didn't think young people woke up so early these days."

She leans the broom against her shop.

Madame: "I assume you're here for the hair clip?"

Y/N: "Correct. I wanted to have ample time to prepare it."

Madame: *She nods* "I'm sure she'll be very pleased to see the effort you put into this gift."

She leads him into her shop.

Madame: "Nothing for your mother?"

Y/N: "That's father's job."

Madame: "As icy as ever."

Going behind the counter, she presents Y/N with a black box.

Madame: "I assume this one won't do?"

Y/N: "I have a special box. And ribbon spun from the finest silk."

Madame: "Back in my day, we'd just give the item to the recipient right after it was made."

She rings up the item and places it in a bag.

Madame: "Of course, there were always exceptions. Those who wanted to be a little more romantic."

Y/N: "Right after it was made? Did you live in an artisan village?"

Madame: "Indeed."

She smiles and readjusts her glasses. Her smile is weak yet it holds strong emotion.

Madame: "In fact, I never left." Neither did they.

She hands Y/N the bag.

Madame: "But that's a story for another time. You should get that prepared your way."

Y/N: "Hai." This miss has always been mysterious. I should sit down and listen to her stories one of these free days.

Taking the bag he's slower to walk home.

Y/N: I should visit my grandparents.

He gets home at 7:30. Inside he goes through several cabinet drawers looking for ribbon.

Y/N: Where did I put it?!

He looks thoroughly for his specific ribbon.

Tooru: "Looking for something?"

Y/N: "Ribbon. I need it."

Tooru: "I could figure that much. Any idea where you put it?"

Y/N: "I thought I left it near the tea table."

Satoru: "Oh, about that. M/N took it."

Y/N: "What."

Satoru: "She said it looked pretty and took it."

Y/N: "Seriously?"

Satoru: *He takes a sip of coffee* "Serious."

Y/N: "She didn't bother to ask?!"

Satoru: "To be honest, we didn't know whose it was."

Y/N: That's actually fair. She probably thought she forget about some crafting ribbon. "Alright, that's my bad."

Tooru: "Should've kept it in your room."

Y/N: "Yeah, yeah. I know now or whatever." Damn it.

Satoru: "Want me to drive you to a specialty store?"

Y/N: "Yeah, thanks." While it won't be the exact same, I'll find something similar.

Satoru: "Just let me finish my coffee."

Y/N: "Of course. I'm going to check to see if the store still has the same fabric."

They leave at 8 and return at 8:45. Today was a restocking day, so Y/N was in luck. While he did have to wait a while for them to find the specific fabric, they were able to locate it.

Y/N: Now to assemble the packaging.

He ties the box several times, trying to decide what would be the best style.

Satoru: "You know, I didn't know there were over fifty ways to tie a small box."

Y/N: "You'll see roughly 100 by the time I can decide on one."

Satoru: "Listen, it's all going in the same place."

Y/N: "The trash?"

Satoru: "I was going to say in her hair. This is perfectly fine silk fabric. I'd be surprised if she didn't use it to tie her hair."

Y/N: "You're a genius!"

Satoru: "Hehe. Yeah, I'm pretty great."

Tooru: "Big head."

Satoru: "Big hair."

Y/N: I think I'll go with style 33.

After tying the gift, he decides to take a nap on the couch.

Y/N: "Tell me if Mio texts."

Satoru: "I'm not going to patrol your phone, but I'll tell you if I notice something."

Y/N: "Thanks."

Knowing his date will be around high noon or later, he catches up on his missing sleep. He's woken up around 12.

Satoru: "Oi, Y/N. You're girlfriend texted."

Y/N: "Hm?"

Satoru: "Here." *He hands Y/N the phone* "I don't know your password."

Unlocking his phone Y/N finds a text from his girlfriend dated 11:50.

Mio(Text): 'I'm going to the shopping district now.' 'Text back when you can.'

Y/N: Ah. DAMN IT. "I need to get going!"

Satoru: "Need a ride?"

Y/N: "Please? I'll be really late by the time I get there."

Satoru: "Don't worry, father of the year has got you." *He puts a hand on Y/N's shoulder* "Remember this when father's day comes around, alright."

Y/N: "Hai!" *He bows* "Thank you very much!"

He rushes to get out the door and get into the car. They arrive at 12:41. Satoru drops off Y/N and leaves to go grocery shopping.

Y/N: I'm going to be so late!

Looking at the clock next to the station, he's not. He's a little late, but he doesn't need to run.

Y/N: Ah, that's good. I still hate being late. She should be somewhere around here.

Looking around the park, he doesn't see Mio. Luckily, Mio sees him.

Mio: "Darling~! Darling~! I'm over here!"

She smiles gleefully while waving to her lover.

Y/N: Not mad. That's a relief.

Mio: "Over here!"

Y/N: "Coming!"

He trots over to her.

Y/N: "Did you wait long?"

Mio: "Not at all. Only five minutes or so. I wanted to be the first one here."

Y/N: "I see." *He bows lightly* "Sorry I'm late. I had to pick something up."

Mio: "Hm? Whatcha get?"

She sneakily looks around.

Y/N: "A gift."

Mio: "Oh? Today's not Valentine's Day yet."

Y/N: "I know but..."

He takes the box out of his pocket.

Y/N: *While handing Mio the gift* "I thought you'd appreciate something right now."

Mio: "Thank you..." He's on the offensive today.

Opening the present she finds a pink flower hair clip.

Y/N: "What do you think?"

Mio: "It's pretty."

Y/N: "Handcrafted by a friend of mine."

Mio: "They must be quite skilled." I'll cherish it until I die.

She lowers her head with a slight blush.

Mio: "W-Will you put it on me?"

Y/N: "Of course."

He places it where she normally sets her hair clip, where the red and black in her hair meet.

Mio: "W-Well?"

Y/N: "It enhances your beauty."

Mio: *She looks away* "I'm glad." Vengeance!

She regains composure and looks Y/N in the eyes. Her competitive spirit returns to her.

Y/N: "Well then, should we begin?"

Mio: "We shall."

She kisses Y/N on the cheek.

Mio: "Good luck."

With that, they go their separate ways and look for their perfect gift.

Since they're looking at the same time, I thought I'd show what they're both doing. To start, here's Y/N's Point of View.

Y/N: I've already prepared everything I need. But it wouldn't hurt to take a look around.

Already having all the gifts he knows he'll give to Mio, he looks around for anything extra.

Y/N: Clothes? I don't know her size.

He stops in front of a gaming store.

Y/N: She would like something from here, right? No, she's too busy with work.

That's when he gets an idea.

Y/N: I should support her studies. There's a computer supply store near the station.

His first objective of the day is to buy materials that might help with her current PC setup.

While walking to the station he notices a girl with bright yellow hair and orangish-red eyes. She looks lost and confused.

Y/N: Should I offer assistance? She could be lost. To be fair, I might not be any help. I don't come here too often. Oh well. Don't know if you don't try.

He gets the girl's attention before walking over.

Y/N: "Are you alright? You look a little lost."

Yellow: "I am. I don't visit this shopping district."

Y/N: "Do you live nearby?"

Yellow: "I don't."

Y/N: "Then, why here?"

Yellow: "I-It's a little personal."

Y/N: "Oh, sorry. I don't mean to pry."

Yellow: "No, no. It's fine."

Y/N: "I usually visit the smaller shopping districts. I don't usually walk out here. But I'm buying my girlfriend a gift."

Yellow: "Girlfriend?"

Y/N: "Yup."

Yellow: *Her eyes light up* "Then you can help me."

Y/N: "With?"

Yellow: *She blushes* "Well, you see... There's this guy I like. I've known him for a long time. I wanted to buy him something special for Valentine's Day."

Y/N: "What does he like?"

Yellow: "Anything with strings.

Y/N: "Instruments are quite expensive."

Yellow: "He has a lot of those at home."

Y/N: "Hmm." A musician, huh? I think it's more about personality on this one "Anything else?"

Yellow: "While he doesn't believe in it, he's fascinated by the concept of luck."

Y/N: "I know a nearby shop that sells four-leaf clovers."

Yellow: "That's perfect!"

But she doesn't move.

Yellow: "But, I was hoping for a couples gift."

He notices the musical note charm hanging off her phone.

Y/N: "What about matching phone charms?"

The girl looks at her phone case.

Yellow: "Why didn't I think of that sooner?"

Her voice displays more disappointment than anything.

Y/N: "Matching four-leaf clover phone charms should do the trick."

Yellow: *She nods* "Thank you for your help."

Y/N: "Of course."

He waves before continuing on the path. A little ways ahead he spots a girl with red hair talking to herself softly.

Y/N: "Need some help?"

Red: "Sorta? But that's a private matter."

Y/N: "Understandable."

Red: "But I am in a bind."

The girl twiddles her fingers before looking up at Y/N.

Red: "Listen, I'm in a sticky situation. Do you have any dating experience?"

Y/N: "I have a girlfriend of 8 years."

Red: "You're old!"

Y/N: "I'm not! We started unofficially going out in fourth grade. We've been dating ever since."

Red: "Hmm. I guess that makes sense."

It seems her doubts from earlier have disappeared.

Red: "You see, there's this guy I like. He's super cool and friendly, but I have no idea what I should get him."

Y/N: "What does he like?"

Red: "Music, studying, and practice."

Y/N: "Hmm. That's difficult."

Red: "Right? I've been trying to think of something since I got here an hour ago."

Y/N: Would he really enjoy studying music? Those could be things he does in his free time, but they could be forced. "What else does he like?"

Red: "Festivals."

Y/N: "Festivals?"

Red: "He was born on Tanabata."

Y/N: "Ooh! That's pretty cool."

Red: "I tried looking around, but I couldn't think of anything related."

Y/N: "Well, the best I can think of is a study date."

Red: "A-A study date?"

Y/N: "Teach him or let him teach you music. I'm sure he'd enjoy sharing his hobby with another person."

Red: "Hmm."

She smiles and blushes.

Red: "I like it! I think that'll work!"

Y/N: "I'm glad. If you want a purchasable gift, then go buy some music you want to practice."

Red: "Hai! Thank you!"

They wave to each other before going their separate ways. He's almost at the station before he stops upon seeing a girl with blue hair looking out into space. Her blank expression confuses Y/N deeply.

Y/N: "You alright?"

Blue: *She looks over to Y/N* "You're a guy, right?"

Y/N: "I sure hope so."

Blue: "Good. I need some help getting a gift for my lover."

Y/N: "O-Oh." *He blushes a little* "I know about that. I'm shopping for my significant other right now, actually."

Blue: "Good, then you should be perfect help."

Y/N: "Sure thing."

Blue: "I need to decide what to get him for Valentine's Day. He loves me and music."

Y/N: "You and music?"

Blue: "He loves me more than music."

Y/N: "I see." She's strange. A little obsessive, too. Music and her, huh? What about a song? "I got it. Why not write him a song?"

Blue: "Why?"

Y/N: "If he loves music, then I'm sure he loves singing. If he loves you more, then I know he'd love to hear you singing." *He laughs* "I know I love to hear my girlfriend singing."

Blue: "So you're saying I should create a full album of love songs dedicated to him?"

Y/N: "I-If you want to?" A full album? She's seriously impressive or delusional.

Blue: "It's perfect. I know he'll love it."

She turns around and runs off.

Blue: "Thank you."

Y/N: What a weird girl. I know shouldn't judge, but still.

This time he makes it farther than usual before noticing a shaking girl in pink. This time he's more worried than usual. Her face appears blue and she's shaking intensely.

Y/N: "Are you alright?"

The girl in front of him starts melting.

Pink: "I-I'm fine!"

She slowly crawls away.

Y/N: "Are you sure?"

She doesn't get very far without proper legs.

Pink: "I'm fine, I promise!"

She slowly reforms the further away from Y/N she gets. 

Y/N: I shouldn't press her.

In the distance a boy with jade green hair walks over to the girl in pink. They seem to know each other. Though, the girl is still noticeably timid around him. But it seems she's finally comfortable.

Y/N: Glad that worked itself out. Though, I can't help but wonder what made her shrink down like that.

And so, after helping people pick out gifts for their crushes or significant others. He finally is able to make it to the station... Or he would have, if he didn't stop to help more people. Hours go by as Y/N does his best to help anyone he can. Losing sight of his original goal, he's reminded by the clock in the center square that he should be ordering Mio's gift.

Y/N: Alright, that's enough help. It's starting to get late. I should order those parts before the sun starts to set.

He rushes over to the station and takes a right.

Sign: 'Shiro's gaming corner'

Y/N: Perfect.

Entering the shop he notices how dim the lights are.

Y/N: "Hello?"

Person: "Ah, a customer."

A teenager stumbles to the front counter.

Teen: "How can I help you?"

Y/N: "I'm looking to purchase a few things."

He takes out a list and hands it to the guy at the counter.

Teen: "Yeah, we got these in stock. A little warning, though. That graphic card is going to be REALLY expensive. It's hard to get a hold of them."

Y/N: "That's fine with me."

Teen: "Alright, cool. We'll have to order a few things, so for now, I'll ask you to pay half upfront and the rest when you come to pick everything up."

Y/N: "Sure thing. I can pay in full right now, if you want." I'm not exactly concerned with money.

Teen: "That'd be great. The prices of these things are always rising."

He sneers.

Teen: "I swear these scalpers are getting more unreasonable by the day." *He turns around* "Anyhow, let me get you a receipt."

With Y/N securing his gift, let's see what Mio was doing. Mio POV.

Mio: The shop shouldn't be too far. Hmm.

She checks her phone. She has at least five hours to find the perfect gift.

Mio: I have more than enough time.

She checks her wallet.

Mio: I've saved up everything I've gotten for a month and a half.

Thinking about Y/n, she remembers him talking about the conditions of his shoes.

Mio: Maybe a pair of nice shoes? Ah, but I don't know his shoe size.

She sits on a nearby bench and ponders what else he might want.

Mio: I should just text him-But that'd ruin the surprise factor. Besides, we can go shoe shopping together.

Shopping for herself nearby, a white fox notices her friend sitting alone.

Fubuki: *While walking over to Mio* "Hey! Mio! Are you going Valentine shopping?"

Mio: "I was about to pick up Y/n's gift. I'm also trying to think of another gift."

Fubuki: "What did you get him?"

Mio: "Let me show you!"

She takes Fubuki by the hand and leads her to the shop.

Mio: "It's in here."

Before she enters the shop, a notice on the door stands out.

Note: 'We're all sold out! All online orders are on backup while we finish this week.'

To Mio's dismay, they sold out. Not only that, but they aren't handing out orders.

Mio: "Oh no..." That wasn't supposed to happen at all.

Fubuki: "I'm sorry, Mio-chan."

Mio: "I should've bought it yesterday. I wanted to wait so Y/N wouldn't find it by mistake."

Fubuki: "That's unfortunate."

Mio: "What do I do now?"

Fubuki: "Don't you have another plan?"

Mio: "I do, but that involved the same shop."

Fubuki: "Ah..."

Mio: "What type of company delays valentine's gifts on the day of?!"

Fubuki: "They might've been closed before we even got here."

Mio: *She sighs loudly* "That's true." It's my fault.

Fubuki: "Are you alright?"

Mio: "I should've bought it in advance."

Fubuki: "We have plenty of time to look for something else."

Mio: "Right. This district is vast, and we have a few hours."

Suddenly an older man walks over to them. He had a slight hunch in his back and walked slowly.

Man: "I couldn't help but overheard your predicament."

He stops in front of the two and hands them his business card.

Man: "You can call me Morax. I'm a craftsman who specializes in necklaces."

He shows them some of his work on his phone.

Morax: "What do you think?"

Fubuki: "They're pretty."

Mio: "Agreed. Do you make them by hand?"

Morax: "By myself. I'm quite proud of my abilities."

Mio: "But I don't have much time for something so delicate."

Morax: "That's why I'm here. You see, I happen to have a few extra necklaces and a locket. I was going to sell it online, but I'm not great with technology."

He points over to his shop.

Morax: "Would you like to see my wares?"

Mio: I was going to look around anyway, so why not. "I'm interested."

Morax: "Of course. Please follow me."

Leading them into his shop there's a distinct crane theming. The man leads them over to a display case.

Morax: "Gold, silver, and copper. All forged by hand."

He unlocks a compartment next to the display cases.

Morax: "And of course, why have a necklace by itself?"

There's a collection of different animals crafted from different metals. They range from dragons to goldfish. Each has a meaning assigned to them.

Morax: "I believe every piece tells a story. What simples like a simple pansy can tell an entire story to the right person."

He picks up a locket.

Morax: "I think you're story matches perfectly with this piece."

It's a combination watch locket. With a press of a button, the locket opens up to reveal a small slot for a photo.

Mio: "Sugoi. Really, it's amazing."

Man: "This one was particularly hard to make. But the build speaks for itself. Even if I had a website, I'd only sell this one in-store."

Fubuki: "Why's that?"

Morax: "You have to see it to truly appreciate it."

Mio: "I understand that. Somethings are better in person."

She looks for a price tag.

Mio: "How much is it?"

Morax: "Twelve thousand yen. That's with photo instillation included."

Mio: That's sort of steep.

Fubuki: "That's a steal! Is there a catch?"

Morax: "No catch at all. I just don't charge too much for these since it's more of a hobby than a job."

Mio: "Hm? Really? That's honestly a dream. To be able to focus on your hobbies and for them to be profitable."

Morax: "I've worked hard to get to this point. But I must say, it was worth it."

He brings the locket and a necklace up to the register.

Morax: "Will you be purchasing it?"

Mio: "I'm sure Y/N would love it."

Fubuki: "No doubt."

Mio: *She nods* "I'll buy it."

Morax: "Splendid."

He rings up the items. After Mio pays, Morax brings out a large brown camera.

Morax: "To put a picture into the locket, I have to use a specialized film."

He points over to a section of the shop specially arranged for taking pictures.

Morax: "Please make yourself comfortable. Feel free to arrange the background to your liking."

Fubuki: "Ooh! There are so many possibilities!"

Mio: Glasses? No, I want to keep it natural.

She looks into a mirror.

Mio: "Should I change my hairstyle?"

Fubuki: "I like the one you have now."

Mio: It's what I wear every day. That means Y/N is the most familiar with it.

Deciding what she's wearing now is perfect, she only rearranges a few items before posing.

Morax: "3, 2, 1, go."

He takes a photo of her with his camera. Afterward taking it off the tripod.

Morax: "You can return any time after an hour."

Mio: "Hai."

Morax: "Thank you for shopping with me."

Fubuki: "What now?"

Mio: "We could go looking for other gifts."

Fubuki: "Sure thing."

With their main goal completed, they enjoy the rest of their free time. Once they notice it's getting close to 6, they quickly head over to Morax's shop to collect the necklace.

Morax: "Just in time. Everything has been fitted to the exact specifications you asked for."

Mio: "Thank you."

Morax: "No, thank you. I know this one is happy to go with him."

Mio: "I sure hope so."

Morax: "I know so."

Fubuki: "That's some confidence."

Morax: "Of course! I've been doing this all my life. I think I'm rather great at it."

With that, they say goodbye and leave the shop. Now we're back to a 3rd person POV.

Mio: "Thank you!"

Leaving the store, she notices Y/N waiting by the fountain.

Fubuki: "I guess that's my sign to go. See you Monday, Mio-chan."

Mio: "Goodbye, Fubuki-chan."

She waves before heading over to Y/N.

Mio: Thanks to her help I won't go empty-handed.

Y/N: "Oi! Mio!"

He meets up with Mio.

Y/N: "Did you get what you were looking for?"

Mio: "Not exactly. What I originally wanted sold out."

Y/N: "I'm sorry to hear. My item didn't, and I don't need anything back. Your love is enough."

Mio: *She blushes lightly* "Baka."

Shaking her blush off, she replaces it with a confident smile.

Mio: "That's not to say I didn't buy you something. Don't worry, I had some help."

Her hand alludes to the figure of a certain fox.

Mio: "A friend gave me the perfect suggestion."

Y/N: Fubuki was here? "That's good to hear." Does she have a secret boyfriend we don't know about? I'll have to get someone on the case.

It's getting late and they're both tired from shopping. The sky has been changing into a bright orange for a little while already. They weren't planning on staying out so late.

Y/N: "Should we be heading back?"

Mio: *She checks her phone* "It is getting late. I have to make dinner for my parents today."

Walking home they hold each other's hands. The sun is starting to set on another fantastic day.

Y/N: "What are you making today?"

Mio: "Basic Japanese curry."

Y/N: "Still sounds delicious."

Mio: "Even you've made it hundreds of times."

Y/N: "Yet it never tastes as good as yours."

Mio: "You're too kind."

Y/N: "Is that a bad thing?"

Mio: "N-Not exactly. That's what I love about you."

Y/N: "I like how supportive and honest you are."

Mio: "I could say the same things about you."

By now the sky is a deep purple. Its calm shades reflect off the water to leave a cooling impact on the atmosphere.

Mio: "I've been meaning to ask you about moving in with me once we get to college."

Y/N: "Did your parents bring it up?"

Mio: "Y-Yeah. But they mean well."

Y/N: "I don't see any problem moving in together once we've secured an apartment."

Mio: "Really?"

Y/N: "I'd rather plan now so we don't have to panic in the future."

Mio: "What if we go to different colleges?"

Y/N: "I'll go wherever you go. I promise to work as hard as needed so we can get into the same college."

Mio: "I don't know where I want to go."

Y/N: "No ideas?"

Mio: "None."

Y/N: "What are your parent's thoughts on your entertainment career?"

Mio: "They aren't sure about it. They're worried I'm setting myself up for failure. And honestly, I thi-"

Y/N: "Nonsense! Don't even doubt yourself for a second! I've seen your work. I've seen your progress. If you really are wanting to get into the idol business, then I know you'd go far. No matter what you do, I'll always support you. That's my promise! Even if I have to support us both for a little while, it'll be worth it in the end."

He takes ahold of Mio.

Y/N: "Mio. Don't let others discourage you from your dream. You've been talking about dancing and singing on stage since we were kids. You've wanted this for the longest time."

Mio: "But I have to be realistic. It's not an easy environment to be noticed in. I'll be going in a nobody."

Y/N: "You're not a nobody. You're Ookami Mio. The smartest, funniest, cutest girl I've ever met! Any agency would be lucky to have you. I know I'm lucky to have you. You can't give up. Not until you've at least tried it. If you decide you don't like it, then I'll help you look for something else."

He looks deep into Mio's eyes. He's met with tears. Tears of joy.

Y/N: "Mio, I love you."

She blushes lightly and forms a heart with her hands. The tears gone.

Mio: "I... I love you too."

Y/N: *He blushes* "I know you'll achieve any dream you put your mind to."

Mio: "And I promise not to stop."

Y/N: "I promise to always match your effort. I'll always love you the most."

Mio: *She smirks* "Is that a challenge? Saying that you love me more than I love you."

Y/N: "Might have been."

Mio: *She smiles* "You could never outlove me."

Y/N: You fell right for my trap. "You're right. I love you too much to let you be number two."

Mio: He's too good at this! "I-I'll get you back for that."

Y/N: "By all means, I'm waiting."

Mio: "Mmmm." *She pouts* "I will, just you wait! You'll be a blushing mess by the end."

Y/N: "I'd love to see it."

He gets closer to Mio.

Y/N: "But you know, I'd love to see you being a blushing mess."

Mio: Be strong, Mio. We have to remain calm. "I'm sure you would."

Y/N: No effect? She means business. "Any time, any place."

Mio: Counter! "Tomorrow, my place."

Y/N: *He blushes* "E-Eh?"

Mio: *She walks in front of him* "Just kidding!"

She checks her phone. It's starting to get late.

Mio: "I have to get going. Until tomorrow, Y/N-kun."

Y/N: "Until then."

He gets home late and heats up some instant noodles before going to bed. He manages to get a good night's rest. That night he dreamed of sunflowers. He wakes up early the next day and prepares his gift.

Y/N: It's finally the day. I know she'll love this.

He fixes his hair and dresses... No different than usual. Having dated for a while, he decides causal is the way to go.

Y/N: Perfect.

Grabbing his bag, he quickly puts on his shoes and heads out the door.

Y/N: I should take my time. There's no need to rush.

He takes a second out and enjoys the scenery. It's no different than any other day. But something about the day itself makes everything seem a little brighter. A tad more lush and luxurious.

Y/N: Today will be the perfect day. I'll do everything I can to make sure of that.

Wanting to give Mio more time, he checks on his reservations for the day.

Y/N: This should be enough time. *He knocks on the door* "Mio-chan! I'm here!"

A sleepy Mio greets him at the door.

Mio: "Good morning..."

Y/N: "Good morning, Mio. Happy Valentine's day!"

Mio: *She blinks a few times* "A... AH!"

She slams the door. Y/N can hear her scurrying around the house. It seems he caught her too early. He hears Mio hurriedly scramble upstairs.

Y/N: I'll make sure to text her next time.

After around six minutes, Mio reopens the door in entirely new clothes.

Mio: "Sorry for wearing the same thing twice. But don't worry, I wash everything last night! I-I also did my hair in a new style." *She blushes* "D-Do you like it?"

Instead of a ponytail, she did twin tails. Her change in style is super effective!

Y/N: My god is she hot. "Mm." *He nods* "It's beautiful." *He takes a step closer* "Though, with you're natural looks, anything looks good on you." *He leans in* "Don't you think so?"

He lifts Mio's chin and moves in for a kiss. He's stopped by a red box. Mio blushes heavily as she holds the box in front of her face.

Mio: "N-No good. You'll have to wait a little longer for that."

Y/N: *He smiles* "That's fine with me!" She's adorable too!

Mio: "Let's take this inside."

She takes Y/N by the hand and leads him into her house.

Mio: "My parents are out having breakfast."

Y/N: "Oh? So why don't we-"

Seeing an already made breakfast on the table, he stops.

Y/N: "I should've known."

Mio: *She smiles confidently* "I'm extra prepared today!"

Y/N: "Well, so am I. I've prepared an entire day out."

Mio: "I'd expect nothing less."

She pulls out a chair for Y/N.

Mio: "Shall we dine?"

Y/N: "We shall."

Pancakes with strawberries, a blueberry muffin, and freshly squeezed orange juice. A very berry breakfast to start off the day. Though it might seem too sweet at first, everything works together to create balanced flavors.

Mio: "What do you think? I've never made these before."

Y/N: "Sublime. You never cease to amaze me. You're always so creative with your dishes. Those extra touches are quite noticeable."

Mio: "Thank~ You~"

Y/N: I'll have to ask for these again one day.

After putting away the dishes, it's obvious what comes next.

Y/N: Gift time. This is what I've been planning for.

He places a somewhat large bag on the table.

Mio: "Any hints?"

Y/N: "None."

Mio: "Hmm. There are so many things this could be. I wonder which it is."

Y/N: "Open it and find out."

Mio: "I think I'll do just that."

She removes the red paper and takes out an expensive microphone.

Mio: "W-Wha?! This is over one million yen!"

Y/N: "I know."

He smiles brightly. He takes joy in seeing her confused reaction.

Y/N: "But true delight knows no price. Quality is a friend of high standards. I hope this will help your voice stand out while you audition."

Mio: "Isn't this overkill? You didn't take out a loan for my sake, did you?"

Y/N: "I paid in full. I wouldn't do something that'd make you sad."

Mio: "How long have you been saving?"

Y/N: "Not too long. I already planned what I was going to get you after new years. It was just a matter of finding the best one."

MIo: But now I feel bad. My gift was nowhere near the same. But it's about the heart. I'm beating myself up for nothing. He'll appreciate his gift. "Here you go."

She hands Y/N the red box she had been holding earlier. It's held by a white ribbon.

Y/N: So simplistic, yet so elegant.

Opening the red box he finds a clock-shaped locket. Strangely enough, it seems to function as a watch, too.

Y/N: "Woah! It's stunning. The detailing is incredible. The engravings are extravagant." The craftsmanship is impeccable. Where did she find such an artisan? She must've been planning this one out for a while.

The craftsmanship is outstanding. Full gold with silver dials. A marvel something like this is still being made. Mio bought it for only twelve thousand yen. That included having the pictures inside installed.

Mio: "I-I'm sorry it's not very expensive."

Y/N: "Are you kidding? This is still incredibly valuable. I could buy thousands of necklaces and they wouldn't mean anything. This one does. A gift from the heart is the greatest type. Our gifts are worth the same since they were bought with the same thing in mind. To make the other smile."

He puts on the necklace.

Y/N: "How does it look?"

Mio: "Very sharp."

Y/N looks deep into Mio's eyes. It seems this time he has the go-ahead. They close in the space between them and connect at the lips. But being valentines day, they don't stop there. Feeling adventurous, he decides to let his tongue explore. It seems Mio's in a particular mood as her tongue moves in to greet his. They both blush heavily as neither wants to be the one to pull out. If they could, they'd stay like this for a while. But it seems Mio had her fill as she's the first one to retract. She stares dreamily into her lover's eyes. Y/N matches her gaze with one full of tenderness. A comfortable silence breezes over them.

Mio: "I love you."

Y/N: "I love you more."

Their bright blushes and wide smiles paint the perfect picture of what the day is meant for, love. Y/n yawns as the world around him grows dark.

Mio: "Tired?"

Y/N: "For some reason."

Mio: "You have been waking up earlier than usual." I think he deserves a reward for his efforts.

She sits down on the floor next to the tea table. She sits in a certain way that helps present her thighs.

Mio: "I-I think these should suffice, no?"

Y/N: "They're perfect!"

Mio: *She giggles* "Don't yell that for the world to hear. I just want this to stay between us."

Y/N: "Of course. I won't tell a soul." Is this, heaven?

He rests his head comfortably on Mio's thigh. Y/N looks up at her with a smile.

Mio: "I'll assume that means you like them."

Y/N: "Softer than the world's softest marshmallows."

Mio: *She blushes* "Indulge yourself all you want. I'm not going anywhere until you've had your fill."

Y/N: "You mean it?"

Mio: "But I am wanting to do more today."

Y/N: "I have a few things planned."

Mio: "A fancy restaurant?"

Y/N: "Roses, chocolates, dinner out, and maybe more?"

Mio: "Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky."

She ends off with a wink.

Y/N: *He yawns* "The day has only started." *He closes his eyes* "After a quick nap."

But it seems like his time is up. Sorry, but you won't be waking up. That's too bad. Maybe he'll get more next time. All things must conclude

But through the darkness...

Mio: "Goodbye, darling! Come back soon!"

Knowing that they probably aren't going to be seeing each other for a while, she hangs onto his memories. Come back soon echos through Y/N's mind. Finally, Mio's smile shines through the darkness. The fading black turned into a blinding white. Her figure stands out clearly.

Mio: "I love you the most!"

She looks pleased with her final words.

Mio: "And don't forget that!" And don't you forget me.

Y/n opens his eyes to find himself sitting up in bed. Back to his bed. Same as always. He stretches before jumping a little at his alarm.

Alarm: "Shijima shijima ni hibiite yo~ My howling~!"

Y/n: Hm? This one sounds familiar. Have I already played it this year?

He turns off his alarm and gets out of bed.

Y/n: Oh well, that doesn't matter. I need to get dressed and get to work.

Picking out his clothes for the day he heads into the bathroom. I wonder what will happen today.

A/N: So, how was it? As good as you remember? I hope so. I originally had two separate ideas for a valentine's chapter. Between this and Bae. I decided to write another Mio chapter since I was unsure about the Bae concept. But, a bit of a surprise came to me. HoloEN visual novel? That seems ripe for the addition of an office worker. What do you think? Shall I make one more special before the month ends? Or would you rather see HoloX faster? Until next time! -Kishimino-san.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 45 3
In the year 2081, every studio and industry came together to create a game of every franchise to appease the most people imaginable. They called it W...
1.6K 46 5
Boredom has been killing me... Well let's get into it ! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Y/n L/n...
65.1K 2.4K 22
- α΄›Κœα΄‡Κ€α΄‡'ꜱ α΄›ΚœΙͺɴɒꜱ Ιͺ α΄‘α΄€Ι΄Ι΄α΄€ κœ±α΄€Κ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ Κ™α΄œα΄› Ιͺ'ʟʟ α΄Šα΄œκœ±α΄› ΚŸα΄‡α΄› ʏᴏᴜ ʟΙͺᴠᴇ ʟΙͺᴋᴇ Ιͺꜰ ʏᴏᴜ Κœα΄ΚŸα΄… ᴍᴇ α΄‘Ιͺα΄›Κœα΄α΄œα΄› Κœα΄œΚ€α΄›ΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ α΄›Κœα΄‡ ꜰΙͺΚ€κœ±α΄› ᴑʜᴏ ᴇᴠᴇʀ α΄…Ιͺα΄… - ─── ο½₯ ο½‘οΎŸβ˜†:...
16.4K 471 10
================================================================================== (Disclaimer: Amphibia belongs to Disney and was created by Matt Br...