The Witch's Child (Re:zero)

Par filip1500

Natsuki Subaru needed help, he didn't know how to overcome the obstacles in the Sanctuary and the mansion. So... Plus

The Deal
I'll never let you die again
Elsa vs The Devils Son
Roswaal Mansion
Rage
Roswaal Mansion Massacre
Regret
Freedom
Reconciliation
Extended Bio
Getting Ready for Conflict
Battle against Mabeasts
Explaination
The Start of the Royal Election
Are you perhaps...Pride?
Scars
The Plan
Meeting with Sloth
The White Whale
You're dead...
Mamoru's Envy
Sloth's Demise
Malfunctioning Authority
Heading to the Sanctuary
The Warlock of...
Real or Fake?
Sanctuary
The Witch's Child
Containing Garfiel
Assault on The Mansion
Natsuki Mamoru Vs Lust & Gluttony
Trust
Confusion
Invisible Providence
The Truth
Natsuki Mamoru's Trial
Resolve
Before the Battle
Round Two
Fear
Victory
Who do you think you are to change fate?
The Fear of Vanity
Forced Silence
Happy Conclusion
Daily Life
The Child Maniac
What If? Julius Vs Mamoru
Training
An Interesting Encounter
Discovery
Experiment
Mabeast Transformation
Weirdo
Iris's Parents
Mamoru finds a bottle
Mamoru's Drunk Adventure
Mabeast Trip
Too Young to Drink
Mamoru Vs Iris
Girl Who Lacks Sight
Do you hate me?
Returning to The Mansion
Beginning of Arc 5
Journey to Priestella
Mamoru's Mabeasts INFO
Priestella
Talks with Anastasia
Stroll with an Idiot
Duel Against Reinhard
Heinkel And The Audacity of This Bi--
Potential Consequences
The Beginning and The End of Wrath
Attack of The Cultists
Delusional Love
Cult Broadcast
Conference Before The Raid
Capella VS Mamoru
Mamoru's Bad Plan
Birth of Lust

Unexpected Reunion

345 11 7
Par filip1500

Third person P.O.V

Beatrice, Subaru and Iris all felt a certain level of concern for Mamoru as they walked through the city. He looked completely out of it, luckly never bumping into anyone out of sheer luck. And even if he almost did, he never acknowledged it. Not because he was acting like a jerk, but just because he quite literally wasn't even noticing such things happening around him.

Neither Garfiel or Emilia noticed as they were either too busy with their own thoughts or in Garfiel's case just oblivious.

Meanwhile Subaru, Beatrice and Iris know Mamoru quite well. Subaru being his father, Beatrice being his sister and Iris being one of the people closest to him that aren't family.

Simply put, his behaviour is so out of character that even someone like Iris would notice it.

No one said anything though as Beatrice and Subaru discussed the fact that the cloaked man from before was able to see Emilia's hair color despite the cognitive obstruction cloak.

Garfiel: Hurry up, Captain. If ya g’slow’s Beatrice then’d be sundown by’time we get back.

Beatrice: Stop saying unnecessary things, I suppose. Smelly, annoying creature.

Garfiel turned back at them and was laughing happily in response to Beatrice’s rude insults.

Suddenly, his expression changed. His ears moved back and forth, and his nose twitched.

Subaru: What’s wrong?

Garfiel: Nah’s just, near t’hotel… c’sorta hear’n argument.

They turned the corner as Garfiel finished talking and Subaru also heard the commotion. Indeed, it sounded like someone was furious.

Mamoru: Looks like it might turn into a fight.... bloody hell, don't they know that they're distrubing the people around them?

Even Mamoru who was barely paying any attention had given his own comment on the situation.

Subaru: That is exactly something you would do though.

To Subaru's surprise, Mamoru ignored the comment, or at the very least didn't  even properly hear it as the same, somewhat gloomy attitude remained.

Emilia: That voice, it sounds really familiar… actually, I think that’s Joshua’s voice.

Subaru: Ah, you’re right. That does sound like the voice of that weak bastard.

Emilia: I’d be worried if he was in trouble. Let’s go.

Subaru raced after Emilia. Turning another corner, he could finally can see the Water Plumage Pavilion, where--

???: Alright asshole, how many times are you going to make may say this!? Stop being stuck up and call your master here already!

Joshua: You’re so barbaric that I wouldn’t even call my brother here, much less my master! Please leave while I’m still capable of speaking calmly!

???: Can you really not understand what I’m saying, oi? Let’s go, bastard!

A young man with purple hair--Joshua stood with his arms spread in front of the hotel, quarrelling with another man. Although he was facing away from Subaru, his physique was clearly quite burly. Judging from his attitude, a brawl with Joshua would be inevitable.

Emilia: That’s enough!

In the time it took Subaru to judge the two men’s difference in combat prowess, Emilia had already rushed over and separated them. Having been jerked away, Joshua wore an expression of abject shock.

Joshua: E-Emilia-sama!?

Emilia: I was on my way back from my business when I heard you two. Arguing in front of the inn like this. What’s the reason for your quarrel? Calm down and tell me about it.

She spoke as if mediating an argument between two children. In that moment things settled down.

Garfiel sighed disappointedly, as if to say “Aww, no fight?”, as he caught up with them.

The commotion did atleast somewhat bring Mamoru out of his previous state and he was now boredly staring at the two individuals that were arguing moments prior.

However, he suddenly noticed something as out of nowhere he had a change of attitude and pointed at the unknown man with a grin on his face.

Mamoru: Wait a minute! You're thug number two, aren't you?!

The man who hadn't even noticed Mamoru before suddenly recognized him as his entire attitude shifted, sudden fear being clear to see to everyone around.

???: Y-You're the one from the alley!

And then Subaru realized who he was. He was more well dressed than before, and his demeanor was slightly different, but his malicious eyes hadn’t changed.

Subaru: Chin! Chin, right!? Wow, long time no see. Why are you here?

Chin: Don’t act like we know each other! Who is this ‘Chin’!? My name is Larkins!

Subaru: So it’s Chin after all!

Larkins: Shut up!

Mamoru walked up to Larkins confidently, jumped up while wrapping an arm around the back of his neck and pulling him down. The man was forced to lean forward without being able to retaliate. He wasn't even willing to look Mamoru in the eye as he looked nervous beyond belief.

Emilia: Do you know him?

The question had been aimed at Subaru, but it was Mamoru who had responded to it.

Mamoru: Yup, this guy and two others tried to rob us. I obviously kicked their ass and then you came along and prevented us from killing them.

Emilia: Eh, that's ri... rob? Uh, killing them?

Subaru: Please don't say "us" like I wanted to kill them.

Mamoru once again ignored the comment, this time certainly having heard it and just waved his father off while subtly pulling Larkins a tad bit closer.

Beatrice: To a lady like Betty he sounds like scum, in fact.

Garfiel, who’d been hanging back, cracked his knuckles loudly, and Joshua’s expression became even more serious. As the situation became more sinister, Larkins’s already pale face turned white.

Larkins: W-Wait, wait. So maybe that did happen a long time ago, but let me explain why I’m here and let’s forgive and forget. Yeah?

Subaru: Garfiel. What do you think?

Mamoru:...You're asking him because you know how I'll respond, ri--

Subaru: Yup.

The younger Natsuki pouted at the blunt answer and just decided to stay quiet for now.

Garfiel: Th’s gonna be no pity from my amazin’ self, yeh?

Larkins: W-Wait, wait a minute! Really, wait! Waaiitt!

Larkins felt Garfiel’s aura and immediately realized that he had no chance of winning. You could say that being able to realize this was a skill that Larkins developed just this past year.

Mamoru finally let him go and he fell onto his knees, begging with his hands over his head, then pointed at the hotel.

Larkins: It’s the truth! I was summoned here… no, my employer was summoned here! But she said that she’d take a few laps around the city first, so I was sent to the inn to notify them. I’m not lying!

Garfiel: Ahh, I gotcha, I gotcha…. but hey, why don’t y’try explain’ more slowly?

Garfiel’s threatening attitude didn’t change as he approached Larkins. Although Subaru felt bad for Larkins, he found no reason to think better of him. His dress had improved, but his character hadn’t, and so he had no way to make a good impression. It was inevitable that Joshua deny him entry into the hotel. Honestly, Subaru could empathize with him. Mamoru would disagree though.

Garfiel was backing Larkins into a corner with a clenched hand.

However, Garfiel’s movements were suddenly interrupted when he immediately swung to face the other direction. His eyes widened for a moment, before narrowing into thin, wary lines. His hair stood on end, as his teeth, claws and muscles all reacted as if entering into a war zone.

Although Mamoru didn't have as tense of a reaction as Garfiel, it was somewhat similar as he looked over at the individual that was currently approaching them.

???: Larkins, I was worried you wouldn’t return. Was there a disturbance here?

The flames were shining red, taking a human form. No, not just a human form, they were human. Hair the color of fire, eyes with the color of a clear blue sky. His slender body was clothed in white and his neatly arranged face was one that could never be forgotten.

His aura, slamming into everyone nearby, was the aura one would feel upon seeing a hero. That was exactly what the situation was.

There was no mistake. This man’s name was...

Subaru: Reinhard.

Upon hearing Subaru’s hoarse voice, the young man in question smiled gently. The smile was a soft one, intended to calm others down.

Everyone relaxed too, well, everyone but two individuals.

Mamoru and Iris.

Iris herself didn't understand, but Mamoru knew why they both couldn't help but feel slightly uncomfortable around the Sword Saint. The best way to compare it was to see how well water and oil mixed together, they just don't.

In that same manner, the source of Mamoru's and Iris's power came from a darker side of the world while Reinhard's came from a far brighter one. Although the difference between Mamoru and Reinhard was far more extreme than Iris's difference with Reinhard.

Reinhard: It’s been a while, Subaru. I didn’t expect to see you here. Although our meeting is thanks to Julius, who called me here.

Subaru: O-Oh. Long time no see. Wait, are you saying that you were also called by Julius?

Reinhard: Technically, it was Felt-sama accepting Anastasia-sama’s invitation. I’m just here as her knight, and I didn’t expect to see you here.

As always, Reinhard’s presence dwarfed everyone else’s. Although Subaru had experienced this before, it had never affected him to this degree, and he found it almost difficult to carry a casual conversation.

That Subaru could feel Reinhard’s aura, which he was previously unaware of, attested to Subaru’s own growth. The more Subaru trained, the more he came to understand the difference between them.

Iris: Mamo, Mamo. This guy is scary, super, duper scary!

Everyone's attention was taken off of the divine being infront of them to the childish Iris, who had hid herself behind Mamoru and was peeking out while glaring at Reinhard.

Reinhard on the other hand smiled awkwardly and put a hand on his chest.

Reinhard: Ah, I apologize if I had done anything to offend yo--

To everyone's surprise, the moment Reinhard took a step forward Iris's right arm turned into a wooden blade as she swung it up and down while still hiding behind Mamoru.

Iris: No! Bad! Shoo! Shoo!

Her reaction, to everyone else probably seemed like she was trying to pull a joke or something along those lines. And while Mamoru would certainly agree that she's overreacting on purpose, he knew that there was an element of truth in that reaction of hers.

Subaru: Mamoru... please tell her to settle down, Reinhard is starting to look sad.

With a roll of his eyes Mamoru stepped away from Iris, leaving her exposed and no longer under the protection of Mamoru.

Iris: Geh?!

Mamoru: Stop that or you'll make the super overpowered and super "emotional" Sword Saint sad.

Now Subaru didn't need to be an expert of reading someone's emotions or tone of voice to be able to hear and identify the obvious amount of sass in that comment.

Iris huffed and turned away with a pout on her face. She then pointed at Garfiel with her pinky finger, for whatever reason.

Iris: What about Garfiel, huh? He looks like he's about to crap his pants.

She didn't hold back and bluntly gave away Garfiel's warriness of the Sword Saint.

Naturally though, Garfiel didn't like that accusation, especially not said in that manner.

Garfiel: The 'hell?! Wha's that supposed to mean?!

Subaru: Garfiel, stop it. This is Reinhard. He’s my… friend. He’s not going to hurt you, I wouldn’t allow it.

Subaru hesitated briefly before saying ‘friend’.

Technically, that event of him somewhat rudely rejecting Reinhard's request to make amends with Julius didn't happen in this timeline, but it did still remain in Subaru's mind.

However, while Subaru considered all of this, Reinhard nodded with ease.

Reinhard: Now, I’ve been introduced by Subaru. I am his friend, Reinhard van Astrea. I would be grateful if you would tell me your name.

Garfiel:...It’s Garfiel Tinsel.

Reinhard: A fine name. You’re well trained. Being so young, it’s amazing.

Subaru was struck by how accurate Reinhard’s assessments were.

In the year after Garfiel had left Sanctuary, Garfiel learned much about the outside world and gained a calmer temperament. If he were to calm his demeanor and the manner in which he speaks, then Garfiel would look roughly twenty years old, when in fact he was only fifteen.

Reinhard’s remarks indicated that he’d easily seen through this.

Reinhard: And may I have the honor of knowing this lady's name...?

Iris bit her lip and hesitated for a moment before responding with a light blush on her face.

Iris: I-Iris Celia...

Mamoru was mildly surprised by the hesitant introduction, but he didn't dwell on it too long.

Reinhard nodded and turned back to converse with Subaru.

Reinhard: I’ve heard some of the rumors about Emilia-sama’s guards. The Strongest of Shields, Garfiel Tinsel, and the Half-Elf’s Knight, Natsuki Subaru. It brings me pride to call you my friend.

Subaru: I’m glad to be called by my proper title, for once.

Reinhard: I’ve heard some of the other titles, but they are a little less pleasant. Speaking of which, is the spirit from the title The Spirit Knight that little girl over there?

Reinhard’s attention turned to Beatrice, who shrank down next to Subaru. At some point, she’d taken his hand. Reinhard knelt down to look into her eyes.

Reinhard: I can tell that you are a revered and great spirit. It honors me to be able to speak with you like this.

Beatrice:…Betty is Subaru’s contract spirit, Beatrice, in fact. I don’t dislike your admiration, I suppose. Just, you should keep your distance, in fact. I’m sure you understand why, I suppose.

Reinhardt. I understand completely. I’m sorry to trouble you.

She clung to Subaru’s hand with an unusual tightness, she also reached over and grabbed Mamoru's hand with her own, empty one. She couldn’t conceal her hands slight shaking.
However, it wasn’t because she was afraid. This was something else.

And Reinhard, with his respectful, humble words, turned ceremoniously to Emilia.

Reinhard: Emilia-sama, it’s been a long time. Even in my own territory, I have heard about your achievements many times over.

Emilia: Yeah, long time no see, Reinhard. It’s really been a year since the castle. We’ve also heard about your achievements, too.

Reinhard: We’ve done far less than Emilia-sama has. I’ve been able to do little to help my master. Compared to all that Subaru has done, I can only feel frustrated.

Emilia: Hahaha. Yeah, Subaru is amazing. I’m proud of my knight.

Mamoru: That's right! He's way better than you!

Mamoru, who clearly noticed the praise that his father was getting and decided to add on top of that his own comment that was made with the pure intent to kick Reinhard down a peg.

Not that it made sense considering how humble Reinhard is. If anything, it would make more sense to kick him up a peg instead of down.

Subaru felt embarassed by the comment as it made him seem like an arrogant ass, which wasn't exactly the reputation he wished to have.

Subaru: Stop that. It's an obvious lie anyway.

Mamoru looked offended and was about to retort, but Reinhard decided to diffuse the situation.

Reinhard: Mamoru, it's a pleasure to meet you again. Despite my own... personal opinions on the matter, I must congratulate you on your own achievements.

He was obviously reffering to Mamoru's several titles, The Child Maniac, to be exact.

Mamoru: Heh. I'm obviously great, how couldn't I be?

Despite the fact that Mamoru had a decent amount of pride in himself, he normally would act this arrogantly. But due to the appearance of the Sword Saint he had felt a need to overshadow Reinhard.

Or how he himself would put it, like "asserting dominanace" or something like that.

Subaru: Oh, yeah. Thanks for reminding me of that.

Mamoru froze as his father's deadpan stare bore a hole through his head. It seemed like he wasn't getting off the hook anytime soon.

He muttered a quick "fuck" to himself and looked away, a bit annoyed.

Reinhard: If I may intrude a bit... the Sage Council had been discussing your... work and despite the results they don't seem pleased by the reputation you hold. It may not be my place to say this, but I recommend slowing down a bit before they decide to get involv--

Mamoru: You can tell those old fucks to suck my ba--

His mouth was covered up by Iris, he was about to pull her hand off of his face before she pointed at Subaru.

He looked beyond displeased as his stare bore even further into Mamoru's skull.

The Witch child couldn't take it anymore as he pulled Iris's hand off of his mouth.

Mamoru: Fine! In that case, I'm disconnecting from this conversation!

In an instant his body fell down and he was barely caught by Iris. Within a second he went from being awake to unconcious.

Larkins: What the hell's up with him?

Iris: Dunno, he can go to sleep like that sometimes, it's super weird.

Of course, Subaru knew better as Mamoru had probably just muttered the Witch of Greed's name under his breath and had his conciousness sent to Echidna's little dream world.

------------------------------------------------------------

Mamoru P.O.V

Mamoru: I mean, can you believe it? They talk about what I do like I'm in the wrong!

Minerva:...You are though.

Ignoring the comment I laid down on my back, my legs on top of Minerva's lap while my head was now supported by Satella's lap as they sat on the couch.

Mamoru: Anyway, can we watch Death Note?

Minerva: Mamoru. Please, you've watched that three times in a row, just pick something else.

I huffed and crossed my arms.

Mamoru: Dad hasn't watched every show on the planet, you know? New shows won't appear out of thin air. Our only supply is through his memories.

The Witch of Wrath didn't look impressed by my logic.

Minerva: And you know that he's watched more than one show!

Mamoru: Yeah, and half of those are crappy just crappy isekai that have the same Reinhard protaginist or some edgy edgelord.

Satella: Wouldn't you classify as an..."edgelord"?

I let Satella pet my head for a few moments before responding.

Mamoru: No, those guys say crap like "life is darkness and you shall be swallowed by it." While I just say that I'll rip someone's leg off and feed it to them.

Minerva: That's just vulgar.

Mamoru: Eh, probably on the lower half of vulgar stuff that I usually say.

I closed my eyes and Minerva just grumbled to herself without responding. After about a minute or two, she spoke up again.

Third person P.O.V

Minerva:...Are you going to get up, orr....?

She wasn't met with a response, only when she glanced at his chest did she notice the slow and relaxing rise and fall of his chest. It was quite clear that he had fallen asleep.

Satella: He's adorable, isn't he?

The Witch of Wrath grumbled in response.

Minerva: Well, yeah. When he isn't being so vulgar and bratty...

The half-elf let out a soft giggle and continued to play around with Mamoru's pure white hair.

About 3200 words.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

10.1K 305 15
Natsuki Subaru has been trying to keep the existence of Return by Death a secret. However, after waking up and talking with Emilia after dying at the...
451 13 8
This is basically if oboreru subaru was in the classroom of the elite also this based on the classroom of the elite alter self test book Go read th...
8.5K 109 37
Demons from another realm comes from their home to get another human exchange student, but what they didn't know was this human was gonna change thei...
6.9K 219 37
10.16.20 #1 in Re:zero. Bless all of you & thank you for your support ❤️ 11.14.20 1K VIEWERS (FIRST STORY TO REACH) THANK YOU~ JH #1 in Ram (4/4/21) ...