Just A Hunch (Varian x Witch...

By boxxieofbox

Hey guys! This is the sequel to my book Gut Feelings! If you haven't read it, I highly suggest that you do ot... More

Just A Hunch
Other Friends
To Corona
A Proposition
Do it for Her
Switching Sides
Redemption
Cleaning
Late Night Picnic
Falsely Accused
The Stabbingtons
Wolfie
Chasing the Wolf
Community Project
Fearing Yourself
Witch Trial
Protection
The Prank
The Day of Hearts
Trevor Returns
The Sea Serpent
The Apple
Teamwork
Red Rocks
Overcoming Fear
Téir Abhaile Riu
Sweets
The Snuggly Duckling
Wrong Place Wrong Time
An Old Friend
Something's Missing
New Plans
Changing Roles
Just Around The River Bend
Buried Treasure
Confessions
Love Spells
Storm Cloud
Understanding
Out of it
Why
Try After Try
Willow Maiden
Just A Curse
Simple Song
Dress After Dress
I Put a Spell On You
Research
Dragon Tales
Guards and Orders
Naps and Soup
Return To The Lorbs
False Emergencies
The Well

Sick Days

477 17 17
By boxxieofbox

A soft tapping on my face woke me up from a well deserved sleep. I grumbled and swatted the paw hitting me away. In response, I only received an annoyed meow. Sunny continued to tap all over my face with his paws sometimes using his claws to really get my attention.

"Sunny...stop it." I said my voice more raw than normal. I sat up but immediately held my head in pain. I groaned again only to start coughing.

I looked down at my sleeves and a wave of relief covered me. "Not like my dream. That's a good sign." I said before getting up with a few sniffles as I made some tea to help my throat.

Sunny watched me as I finished making my tea and pulled out a list of things that needed to get done. "Okay, bubs." I said before taking a drink of my tea and sniffling again. "We need to check the entire boarder of the kingdom, check on all the spell bags, jars, and basically all of the protection I put around there. We also need to get more books from the library. Sapphires and I are officially making decoding that scroll our top scientific/magical priority." I said before sniffling and started writing down more on the list.

"We also are going to be making a deliver to Attila, Uncle Monty, Eugene, Lance, and the girls." I said before staring at the list. "I might have over scheduled myself." I said and Sunny stared at me with the 'no shit, Sherlock' look. I rolled my eyes at him before petting him and gently pushing his side watching him flop onto the table. (Please tell me I'm not the only one that does this to their cats??? Mine are hella floppy 😂)

I wiped my nose with my hand before snapping my fingers. White surrounded me and I groaned as the bright light made my head pound even harder. I waved the white away with my hands before starting to cough and dusting off my clothes. I moved the blanket off of my mirror and looked at myself. A grey and black dress fit loosely on my frame, a black flower crown, and black boots.

I covered the mirror back up and grabbed a cloak and my satchel. Sunny jumped in the hood of my cloak and we were on our way out the door. I grabbed a few ingredients from the meadow and placed them in the satchel. Using my hand to cover my eyes I looked up at the sun. 'It's very sunny out today...so why am I so cold?' I asked myself before shrugging it off and waving my hand over my head. White surrounded me again and I squinted my eyes before waving the white away with my hand.

Looking around I noticed that we weren't where I intended to take us. "Uh...Sunny...I think I'm defective." I said looking down at my hands and I heard him let out a sarcastic meow. "The only reason you don't care is because you're not the one walking." I said rolling my eyes and clearing my throat from whatever was stuck in it.

The rest of the walk was full of sniffles and coughing and an occasional sneeze. Every time I coughed Sunny meowed at me like crazy as if he was scolding me. We made it to the town and I let out a sigh of relief. Sunny jumped out of my hood and stood in front of me with a glare. I rolled my eyes at him and kept walking. "Once I'm done with everything I'll take a nap okay. We need to get these done today." I said before pulling the hood over my head and placing my hands in my pockets.

Sunny walked next to me as we made our way to Attila and Uncle Monty's shops. They must've seen me coming as they both immediately came out of their shops. "Okay, edible crystal candy decorated to look like real crystals for Uncle Monty." I said reaching into my satchel and pulling out a bag and handing it to Monty.

I reached into my satchel once more and pulled out a large bottle of light blue liquid and handed it to Attila. "And a large bottle of a voice changing potion, made by yours truly, for Attila for the annual prank fest at the snuggly duckling." I said before breaking out into a coughing fit.

"You feeling okay, (Y/n)?" Uncle Monty asked and I brushed the question off. "Never better." I said before clearing my throat. Both men looked at me not convinced and I rolled my eyes. "Guys, I'm fine. I'll see you later. Oh! And tell me all about the prank fest when it's over!" I said and waved goodbye to them as I walked away.

I pulled the cloak around me closer as a shiver went through my body. Sunny and I started heading towards our next destination, the castle. Along the way, many of the townspeople said hello to me and asked what my agenda for the day was. I made every conversation as short and sweet as possible. All of the hustle and bustle around the town was making my head hurt even more.

Sunny and I made it to the castle and walked in only to hear two familiar voices arguing. "Oh no, Lance. I can guarantee that my prank is going to be the best." I heard Eugene say as I entered the ballroom.

"Oh contraire, Eugene. I've recruited the best of the best for this years prank war." Lance said before sending me a wink and I rolled my eyes. Eugene turned around and gasped before turning back to Lance.

"How dare you drag in an innocent girl like (Y/n) into this fight!" Eugene said faking innocence. "You guys do know that a lot of the guys recruited me for this prank war." I said and they both gasped. "Traitor!" Lance said and I laughed before letting out a cough.

"You okay, (Y/n)? You don't sound too good." Eugene said and he raised a hand to my forehead while I dug through my satchel. "Kid you're burning up!" He said and I brushed his hand away. "I'm fine, Eugene." I said before pulling out a small box and handing it to Lance.

"Your order of tongue twister toffees, Lance." I said before reaching back into my satchel. "T-tongue twister toffees?" Eugene asked and Lance nodded. "Wanna try one? I hear they're quite tasty." Lance said giving Eugene a side smirk.

"Hair growth elixir that is 50 times stronger than any normal hair growth elixir." I said handing Eugene a large pink bottle. "Be careful with this stuff. One drop for awkward uneven hair growth, two drops to look like a chimpanzee, three drops for full blown Sasquatch." I said and Eugene nodded.

"Noted. But seriously kid, are you sure you're okay? You sound really sick and you're burning up." He asked and I brushed him off. "I'll be fine! See you guys later." I said before Sunny and I headed out of the castle.

"Okay, Sunny. Now we need to go to the library, finish checking out all of the protection around here, and then go see the girls. Then we can go home and have a well deserved nap." I said before clearing my throat.

As we were walking I suddenly felt arms around my waist before they picked me up slightly and spun me around. I let out a high pitched squeak as they surprised me. The person put me down before moving in front of me. The person was none other than an absolutely perfect boy with black and blue hair, goggles, and a wide smile.

"Hello, milady! You look..." Varian slowly drew out as he now got a better look at me. "Wow, Sapphs. Way to bring up my self esteem." I said rolling my eyes with a smile before letting out a few coughs. Normally he would laugh at that, but he was quiet as he tilted his head to the side before gently holding my chin and moving my head side to side.

"Milady...are you okay? You look awful." He said and I brushed his hand away from my face. "I'm fine, Sapphs. Cmon we have to head to the library." I said going to walk past him. Varian simply grabbed my arm and pulled me back to how we were standing. "You're not getting away that easy." He said and I let out a groan.

"Sapphs, cmon I have a lot to get done today." I said and he shook his head no. He kept his hand around my arm and used his teeth to take off his other glove. I watched him carefully and I felt my cheeks get hotter. He placed the back of his hand against my forehead for a few seconds before nodding and pulling his hand away.

"Just as I thought." He said putting his glove back on. "You're sick." He said crossing his arms over his chest and I rolled my eyes. "I'm not sick. I-" "Yeah, uh huh, tell that to your raspy voice, flushed cheeks, coughing, and obvious fever." He said listing everything off on his fingers.

"I already told you! I'm perfectly-achoo!" I said getting cut off by an unsuspected sneeze. I sneezed into my hands and sniffled before pulling my hands away from my face. "Well that's new." I said looking down at all the colors on my hands.

"I have no clue if I should be impressed, disgusted, or concerned." Varian said with a light laugh as I looked up at him. He pulled out a rag that had that was either mud, dirt, or oil on it. He wiped my hands off before using a clean part of the rag to wipe my face.

"Varian, I'm serious!" I said pushing his hand away from my face. "I'm perfectly healthy! And even if I wasn't we both have way too much stuff that we need to do and work on." I said turning around to walk away. I sneezed once more, into my elbow this time, and stared at the orange, blue, green, and pink on my sleeve. I sniffled again before walking away.

"Milady." Varian said as he ran in front of me and started walking backwards. "You're sick. You need to rest." He said giving me a rather stern look. "I'm not even that sick!" I said crossing my arms over my chest.

Varian only stared at me blankly as he copied my arms. "(Y/n), it's extremely hot out today and you're wearing your biggest black cloak and freezing." He said and I rolled my eyes as I stopped walking.

"I'm fine! Tell him I'm fine, Sunny!" I said to my cat. Sunny simply looked at me before rolling his eyes and moving to stand next to him instead of by my side. "Oh come on! Not you too!" I said and Varian shrugged his should smugly. "Looks like I'm right, milady. You need to rest. Lucky for you, I make the best soup that will cure any illness this kingdom can throw at us." He said with a smug smile and I stared at him blankly.

"Sapphires, last time I saw you try to make soup you almost burned your house down." I said and Varian gave me a soft glare. "That was my first time cooking! And I didn't clean the pot well enough after I used it for experiments! There was residue that cause a chemical reaction." He said before turning around and crouching in front of me. "Cmon. I'll take you back to my place." He said and I sighed before getting on his back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 4.6K 180
Yan Jing Ze encountered an accident while escaping with his lover, was accidentally parasitized, and was involved in reincarnation. He was lost in re...
7.1K 252 6
(𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧! 𝐌𝐫. 𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐟 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫) By using the legendary book series and news papers clippings as bases for their illegal careers, five no...
1M 42.4K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
523K 11.2K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.