Pokemon: Dreams Come True

By WellThisIsPointless

The Sinnoh region holds many tales about the great and beautiful Cynthia, the reigning Champion. She was reno... More

Prologue: Why I Hate Them
Chapter 1: Rejection
Chapter 2: Terror
Chapter 3: Rekindle
Chapter 4: True Beginning
Chapter 5: Moment of Truth
Chapter 6: New Trainer
Chapter 7: A Journey
Chapter 8: Conflict
Chapter 9: Trouble in Viridian Forest
Chapter 10: Two Siblings
Chapter 11: Catching Ralts Part 1
Chapter 12: Catching Ralts Part 2
Chapter 13: A Heartfelt Discussion
Chapter 14: Pewter City, At Last
Chapter 15: Pewter City Gym Part 1
Chapter 16: Pewter City Gym Part 2
Chapter 17: The Thing I Wanted To Forget
Chapter 18: Aerodactyl's Rage
Chapter 19: Mega Bonds
Chapter 20: Ass Ketchup
Chapter 21: Ambiguous
Chapter 22: Showdown at Mount Moon
Chapter 23: Bitter Hatred
Chapter 24: Misty Waters
Chapter 25: Revenge Seeker
Chapter 27: Path to Vermillion
Chapter 28: The Hunt
Chapter 29: For Hire
Chapter 30: Surging Gym Battle
Chapter 31: The Dawn of a New Beginning
Chapter 32: Eerie Whispers
Chapter 33: Colossal Problems
Chapter 34: Chills
Chapter 35: Ghostly Chaos
Chapter 36: What Once Was
Chapter 37: Unwelcome Reunion
Chapter 38: Spectacle
Chapter 39: Darken
Chapter 40: Hail the Nightmare
Chapter 41: Vali Hates His Life
Chapter 42: Ferocious Hatchling and Overgrown Gym Battle
Chapter 43: Remembrance
Chapter 44: Remembrance Part 2
Chapter 45: Miracles of Evolution
Chapter 46: Rift
Chapter 47: Underground City
Chapter 48: Discovery
Chapter 49: Shadow Garden
Chapter 50: Growth
Chapter 51: Bounty Hunter
Chapter 52: Piece of the Puzzle
Chapter 53: Toxic Gym Battle

Chapter 26: Gym Battle of the Crashing Wave

607 19 55
By WellThisIsPointless

My alarm rang at around eight in the morning.

"Standing here, I realize, that you're just like me trying to make history..."

My eyes immediately shoot open and I hastily pick up my Rotom Phone to shut it off. I laid there for a moment, registering what just happened...

"Rotom!" I growled.

"You called?" it said with a smirk.

"Why the hell did you have to make a Senator Armstrong reference?!" I exclaimed.

He did what was probably the Rotom equivalent of a shrug. "Because I'm pretty sure the audience would enjoy a good reference."

"The audience—" I looked around suspiciously. "Don't tell me you broke the fourth wall... Nevermind, just shut up," I shut Rotom off before we broke reality.

Eevee, Trinity, and Pikachu chose that moment to wake up.

"What was that?" Trinity groaned. "And who put on Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance?"

"Nevermind about that," I shook my head, surprised that Trinity knew about it. "We gotta get ready for our Gym Battle."

Trinity seem to wake up from those words. "Oh crap, you're right! Morning, Pikachu. Let's go!"

Eevee licked my face and smiled at me from on top of me, "Vee!" she said adorably.

I rubbed her head fondly, "Ready?"

"Eevee!"

I smiled, "Then let's go."

Trinity and I got ready quickly, and after a quick breakfast, we immediately ran out of the Pokemon Center to the Cerulean City Gym.

When we entered, we were amazed at how much the Gym incorporated the cerulean theme that the city had. The outside of the Gym was large, blue, and domed, with a massive Dewgong on it. On the inside, the walls were white and blue, while the interior was rocky and had a massive pool that I was sure was used as the battlefield.

What really caught my eye were the myriad of people that sat at the benches, as if anticipating a great battle. Were they all here to watch us?

"Why are there so many people?" Trinity asked.

"Probably due to Cerulean being pretty big. I'm sure that every native gets excited when a Gym Battle occurs," I explained.

"Yeah, that's probably why," Trinity agreed as she nervously watched the crowd. I noticed what was happening and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, it's okay, you'll do great, alright?" I assured. "Remember Trin, confidence."

She looked at me with a grateful look, "You're right, I need to get used to people gawking."

"Because in the league everyone in Kanto will be watching."

Trinity nodded and looked back to the great crowd nervously.

Eevee looked amazed at the number of people that were waiting for the battles to start. "Vee!" she said excitedly.

"Yeah, we'll show them how strong we are," I said with a slight smile.

"Eevee!" Eevee smiled while her bushy tail swished.

"There you guys are!" we heard a voice say. We looked and saw Misty walking over to us, wearing a navy-blue one-piece swimsuit. Jeez, I never noticed Misty's body, but she was rather well-developed... Okay, pretend I never said that.

Trinity's expression brightened. "Hi, Misty."

"You both ready to challenge me?" she asked with a smirk.

"We are," I said, "and that badge is practically ours."

She giggled. "I wouldn't get too confident, but do show me a good battle nonetheless."

"By the way Misty, what's up with all these people?"

"As you've probably guessed, the people who live here enjoy watching the battles. And also, every battle is recorded and broadcasted."

"What?!" Trinity and I exclaimed.

"But our battles in Pewter City weren't recorded or watched," Trinity said.

"That's because Pewter City is much smaller."

"Still..."

"Well, there's no use complaining about it," I said, eager for a battle, "let's battle."

"Eager, are we?" Misty said with a small smile. "Alright then. Who goes first?"

Trinity and I looked at each other. "You go first, Val." I tilted my head at this.

"Why?"

"Because I know you wanted me to go first last time so that you could examine Brock's battling style," Trinity crossed her arms.

I sighed. "Fine." I'll have to analyze as I battle, then.

"Already thinking of tactics, huh, Vali?" Misty mused.

"...I am," I admitted. The truth was that I didn't know if Misty was going to use Gyarados or not. I came up with many strategies to fight him, but I wasn't very confident in any of them. That Gyarados was just too monstrously strong.

She nodded with a grin, "You know, you kind of remind me of Ash. He used to come up with the strangest, yet most effective strategies," she explained. My face slightly twitched at the mention of Ass.

"So I've been told," I grumbled, but Misty didn't seem to notice my resentment. I hated being compared to that wannabe Pokemon Master.

"Well, if you're ready to battle, then let's get to it, shall we?"

"Right away."

"Then I'll see you on the battlefield," Misty winked and walked to her side of the battlefield.

"Wish me luck," I said to Trinity.

"Good luck, Val, kick her ass, won't you?"

"Of course I will," I grinned.

"And, Val?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you see how Misty winked at you?"

I thought about it for a second. "Yeah, why?" I said, confused. I had the slightest idea of what she meant, but I didn't care too much to explore it.

"Nevermind," Trinity shook her head. I looked at her with a scrutinizing expression, then shrugged.

"Alright, I'll see you after the battle."

"Good luck, Val and Eevee!"

"Vee!" Eevee said in a thank you.

With a deep breath, I walked to my side of the battlefield.

A cacophony of shouts and cheers rushed through my ears. Excited voices erupted through the stands as they waited in anticipation for the incoming battle. This was the power of battling: it brought people together in imaginable ways. I haven't felt this way since... the World Coronation match I'd seen between my mom and Ass Ketchup.

Misty and I stood at opposite sides of the battlefield, putting our game faces on. This was it, another test that I would have to persevere. I would win. Because that would mean that I would be one step closer to my goal.

"The Gym Battle between the challenger and the Gym Leader will now commence!" the referee shouted. "The rules are simple! The Gym Leader may use two Pokemon, while the challenger can use however many he wants!"

"Now! Let the battle between the Gym Leader Misty and the challenger, Vali of Viridian City, begin!"

The crowd suddenly went quiet as they heard my name. I heard murmurs as they looked at me with recognition. Then they began to boo at me, yelling out my name in anger, occasionally cursing me out.

I didn't care. I thrived in their anger and resentment; they wouldn't get to me. That morning I took my pills and felt the effects immediately. The sickening feeling of having my emotions repressed felt like poison flowing through my body. But at that moment, I felt nothing but the lull of battle.

"They all hate you," Misty said, "but this is a chance to build up your reputation. I personally don't think you're that bad."

"Gee, thanks," I growled. "I don't give a damn about what they think of me. Let's start the battle."

"Heh, not letting them get to you? I like that," Misty chuckled and grabbed a Poke Ball from... somewhere. I seriously had no idea where she kept them—certainly not in her swimsuit.

"Come out!" she threw the Poke Ball into the air.

A Staryu came out of it. It was star-shaped and had a red orb in the middle.

It was the perfect time to test out the newest addition to my team. Without a word, I sent her out.

"Tenna!" Hatenna came out, staring at Staryu with determination.

"This is your first battle with me, so be ready," I said.

In the middle of the water-filled battlefield was a sizeable rock big enough for two Pokemon to fit. Strewn around it were multiple smaller rocks.

I was aware of the crowd roaring for my defeat.

"Kick his ass, Misty!"

"Show him that scum won't make it far in life!"

"Don't let that bastard get away with the things he's done!"

I grinned at their hatred. It was my fuel—my power.

"You can get the first move," I said to Misty.

"Really? Thanks, then!" she said smugly. "Rapid Spin, Staryu."

"Protect."

Hatenna erected a transparent around her, blocking the Rapid Spin. I knew that Staryu could learn Rapid Spin—that was the move that I worried about the most.

"Tackle!"

Staryu tackled at Hatenna, spinning around as it did.

"Dodge it and Pysbeam!"

Hatenna nimbly jumped out of the way, surprising me. I didn't expect her to be so fast.

"Bubble Beam!" shouted Misty.

Staryu let out a wave of watery bubbles at Hatenna, who in turn launched a purple and yellow beam of psychic power at the former. The two moves collided with an explosion, but the Psybeam won the clash, continuing its course.

"Jump into the water."

"What?!"

Staryu flipped over the lingering Psybeam and went into the water, where it surely had the advantage. Misty wasn't done, though.

"Rapid Spin again!"

Staryu emerged from the water from behind Hatenna and began to spin, gaining more momentum as the centrifugal force took its effect. As fast as Hatenna was, she couldn't react to the Rapid Spin, getting hit by it.

"Hatenna!" Hatenna cried out in pain as she was knocked into the water, where she struggled to swim, slowly sinking.

"Staryu, back into the water!" Misty ordered.

"Star." Staryu jumped back into the water with near-blinding speed. Shit, it's gotten faster. That's why I didn't want Staryu to use a Rapid Spin; it makes the user much faster.

"Double Edge."

Staryu deftly swam through the water and resurfaced behind Hatenna. It rammed straight into Hatenna, making her sink even deeper while damaging her.

If this went on, Hatenna was going to lose. I closed my eyes for a moment and, savoring the boos of the crowd, thought of a plan.

I grinned. It was so strange but it was so effective.

"Hatenna," I began to say despite not knowing if she could hear me or not, "use Psybeam, point it downward!"

To my relief, Hatenna stopped panicking and did what she was told. A flash of purple radiated from the water, and with a great lurch, Hatenna flew out of it, hitting Staryu in the process. Staryu flew ten feet into the air. Hatenna flew above it.

"Disarming Voice!" I shouted.

"Ten!" aiming diagonally, Hatenna sung and produced a wave of pink energy, which had musical notes in it, smacking into Staryu who was flung back to the rock, slamming into it, getting the wind knocked out of it.

Hatenna landed in front of it.

"Psybeam," I said with a note of finality.

'Don't let it! Rapid Spin!"

As fast as Staryu was, even with the speed boost of its previous Rapid spin, Hatenna was too fast. As Staryu spun at Hatenna, the latter retaliated with a quick beam.

"Star!" Staryu's eyes widened as it was engulfed in the Psybeam, an explosion erupting where it stood.

Misty heaved a sigh and looked at Staryu. The smoke cleared, revealing Staryu, who was knocked unconscious by the force of the blast. It was defeated.

"Staryu is unable to battle!" cried the referee. "Hatenna is the winner!"

The spectators began to shout in outrage, angry at me for knocking out one of Misty's Pokemon.

"No! Don't let that piece of shit win, Misty!"

"Stop holding back and beat his ass!"

"That scum deserves to be taught a lesson!"

I looked at the ground, unable to suppress a grin. I wanted to yell out obscenities at the crowd—to piss them off even more. I relished their boos and curses, filling me with an even greater rush of determination.

"Fine you assholes, I'll show you what I can do."

"Thank you, Staryu," Misty said softly with a sad smile. "Return." She returned Staryu back to its Poke Ball and turned back to me.

"That was an interesting strategy," Misty praised grudgingly. "You're very resourceful when it comes to battles."

"I have to. I'm always running into people who are stronger and better than me—I have to be ready to outwit them," I explained.

Misty shook her head. "No, you just have real talent."

"Our battle hasn't ended, you can't say that yet."

She smirked. "Then I'll give you a real challenge. Let's see if you can take out my secret weapon."

My eyes widened. "Secret weapon?" I immediately thought the worst.

"Oh shit, she's going to bring out Gyarados!"

How was I going to face him? Mega Gyarados beat the ever-living shit out of Absol—who we needed to use two Pokemon for. Come on, give me a break, we only have one Gym Badge!

"Come out," Misty said ambiguously, throwing out a Poke Ball.

I waited anxiously as the Poke Ball flew up into the air, coming back down while opening, the Pokemon in question coming out.

It was... a Psyduck?

The Pokemon was very derpy-looking and seemed to not know how it got there.

"Psyduck?" it looked around in confusion, settling its inquisitive gaze at Misty.

"It's your time, Psyduck. Show them what you got."

"Duck?"

Misty sighed. "Vali, you get a free attack, Psyduck won't attack unless you do."

"Uh... alright?"

Hatenna tilted her head at Psyduck.

"Rotom, scan the Psyduck."

Rotom woke up and glared at me. "Come on, it's literally called Psyduck, you can probably get a lot from that name, dumbass."

"Just do it!"

"Fine! Psyduck, the Duck Pokemon. A Water-type. If Psyduck's chronic headache peaks, it may exhibit odd powers. It seems unable to recall such an episode."

Hmm, a Water-type. I thought it would be a Psychic-type because the name is literally, as Rotom said, Psyduck.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, Hatenna is a Psychic-type. I thought she would be a Fairy-type due to her appearance, but I guess not. I know I said I wanted to be a Fairy-type master, but that didn't mean that I was only going to catch Fairy-types—I still needed type variety. A Steel or Poison-type could just waltz through my team if I had no variety. That's why I wanted to catch dual types and other types.

Back to Psyduck. How do you actually trigger its headaches? Do you need to attack it? Well, I guess it won't matter because I'll need to attack it anyway.

"Hatenna, Psybeam!"

"Hatenna!" Hatenna launched the Psybeam at Psyduck, who simply stood there.

An explosion ensured, and smoke covered the bit of land that the two Pokemon were standing on.

I heard the murmuring of the crowd; some had smug grins, while others shook their heads as if this match was going to be quick.

"Yeah, he's fucked."

"Good riddance, this should teach him."

"Psyduck is going to destroy his team,"

A chill ran down my spine as the smoke was suddenly cleared by what seemed like a gust of wind. Psyduck stood, seemingly undamaged. But its eyes were glowing, and a psychic aura fucking exploded out of him.

Eevee, who was on my shoulder, shivered uncomfortably as the waves of power emanating from Psyduck reached her. And Hatenna, who was nearest, backed up nervously.

"DUUUUCK!" Psyduck bellowed, its sheer power causing the air to boom, and a psychic wave shot out of Psyduck, heading towards Hatenna so fast that not even she, with her fast speeds, could react to. She was hit with the devastating attack, blowing her away and landing near the edge of the rock.

"See that?" Misty said with a grin. "This is what happens when you give Psyduck a headache. He's gotten stronger ever since I went on a journey after Ash beat Leon in the Master's Eight."

Damn it, this wasn't looking too good. This Psyduck definitely wasn't for challengers who have one badge. Misty was giving me a real challenge. The odds seemed against me...

But I liked those odds.

"Water gun, Psyduck!"

"Protect!"

But before Hatenna could shield herself, Psyduck appeared in front of her as if he teleported. Then Psyduck released a great geyser of water that looked like something akin to a Hydro Pump. It hit Hatenna point-blank, knocked her into the water, and knocked her into unconsciousness.

"Hatenna is unable to battle! Psyduck wins!"

The crowd erupted with cheers, all clapping for Misty.

"Yeah, show him!"

"He's done for!"

I grimaced and returned Hatenna, telling her hushed words of gratefulness.

"That's some power," I admitted grudgingly.

"You can use as many Pokemon as you like to battle him," Misty said loftily. "And he will knock them out one by one."

I grinned despite myself, accepting the challenge with eagerness. I grabbed Ralts's Poke Ball and threw it.

"Ralts!" Ralts came out and landed, looking at Psyduck with a scrutinizing look.

"A Ralts?" Misty wondered. "Reminds me of Max."

"Ralts, Confusion!"

"Ralts!" Ralts waved her hand and released a purple wave of psychic power.

"Psychic, Psyduck!"

Psyduck's eyes glowed brighter, and he released a very powerful wave of psychic energy that clashed with Confusion, easily overpowering it. But it slowed down just enough for Ralts to dodge.

"Disarming Voice!"

"Psychic again!"

Psyduck and Ralts continued to exchange powerful moves; with Psyduck using Psychic while Ralts used Confusion and Disarming Voice. And every time Psyduck would overpower Ralts, who would narrowly avoid it.

While Hatenna was very fast, Ralts was very slow. I'd never realized how slow she was compared to Eevee. Eevee and Hatenna would have had much easier times circumventing Psyduck's attacks.

That was exactly why Teleport came in handy.

But before I could utter the words, Ralts was hit with Psychic, which did a noticeable amount of damage to her. She staggered slightly, and Misty took the opportunity.

"Water Gun!" she ordered.

Psyduck once again did the near-teleportation thing and appeared in front of Ralts, shooting a spurt of water at her. This time I was ready.

"Teleport!"

"What?" Misty said with wide eyes.

Ralts disappeared, the Water Gun passing through the now-empty air. Then Ralts appeared behind Psyduck.

"Confusion, and then repeat."

Ralts nailed Psyduck with the Confusion, making him flinch slightly. Then Ralts continued to Teleport and Confusion, chaining the two moves until Psyduck was hit by twelve consecutive attacks, which did good damage.

But it wasn't as much damage as I'd hoped.

"Psyduck!" Psyduck groaned and held his head in his hands, his headache seemingly worsening. With a great burst of the wind, Ralts was blasted back with another Psychic.

"Ralts..." Ralts winced as she stood up. She was breathing hard; she was being worn down really quickly. She could barely keep up with Psyduck, who was getting stronger after every hit... I was starting to think that Psyduck has Ultra Ego.

"Confusion!" I shouted.

Ralts released the Confusion, which swiftly sailed through the air. But Psyduck's eyes glowed even brighter.

"Counter It with your own Confusion!" Misty shot back.

Psyduck launched a Confusion more powerful than Ralts's, dwarfing it in size and potency, swallowing Ralts attack and hitting her with devastating force.

"Ralts!" she cried out as she flew backward, nearly being knocked out of the rock. She attempted to sit up, her knees buckling, and she turned her head slightly to me in a surreptitious way. I saw the glint of her red eyes and at the moment, I felt a connection between us—I felt her emotions like she felt mine. But there was something else... I could understand what she was thinking. I felt a warm sensation from the back of my right hand.

Ralts thought of a plan. I understood what she was thinking: Even if she can't beat Psyduck, she could at least do as much damage as she could.

So she pretended to be to hurt to stand up and waited for the perfect opportunity.

"Psychic again, Psyduck!"

"Now!"

As Psyduck launched the Psychic, Ralts used Teleported and appeared behind Psyduck. She kissed the back of his head and a pink orb came out of it, which was then absorbed by Ralts, who looked more rejuvenated than she did before.

Before Psyduck could do anything else, I shouted, "Disarming Voice!"

"Ralts!" Ralts's singsong voice produced a wave of pink fairy energy, hitting Psyduck directly in the back.

"Duck!" Psyduck staggered. The damage was starting to show—he was beginning to look worn down, but not as much as Ralts was.

"Finish this quickly, Water Gun!"

Psyduck released another spurt of water from his mouth.

"Teleport."

Despite this, Misty still grinned triumphantly. "Spin it around." This got my eyes to widen.

"Huh?!"

Sure enough, as Ralts reappeared at Psyduck's side, the latter spun the Water Gun like a whip, knocking Ralts off her feet.

"Finish it with Psychic!"

"Teleport! Quickly!"

Ralts's figure blurred, and she was about to Teleport, but one millisecond before she could disappear, the Psychic hit her point-blank and she was knocked back to the ground, where she laid still, unconscious.

"Ralts is unable to battle! Psyduck is the winner!"

The crowd roared, cheering for Psyduck's victory and for my seemingly inevitable defeat.

"Damn it," I cursed, returning Ralts back to her Poke Ball. We already knew this was going to happen, but it wasn't any easier to accept.

I held her Poke Ball and said, "Thanks Ralts, now leave it to Eevee."

A plan formed in my mind. It was desperate, but it was all we had. Psyduck was too powerful—we had to fight brawn with cunning.

"You're up," I said to Eevee, who stared back at me vehemently.

"Vee!" she jumped off my shoulder and faced Psyduck, who glared at her with glowing eyes.

"Down to just Eevee?" Misty mused. "She's your partner, right? Then I expect her to put up the best fight."

"Oh, she'll put up a good fight," I grinned maliciously.

"I would hope so."

"Then we'll shatter your expectations. Eevee, Mimic!"

Eevee absorbed a purple-white orb of energy, copying the last move that was used, which was technically Teleport. This move would be how we win.

"Psyduck, Confusion!"

"Swift!"

Eevee swatted her tail, and a stream of stars shot out of her like bullets, colliding with the Confusion.

"Quick Attack."

Using the smoke as cover, Eevee launched herself at Psyduck, producing a white trail as she flew. Psyduck, who couldn't see where was coming from, was hit in the stomach.

"PSYDUCK!" Psyduck's headache worsened even more, his psychic aura becoming even stronger than it was before.

"Psychic, Psyduck!"

Shit! I couldn't let Eevee get hit by that, not when she was so close to him and when Psyduck was powered up even more

"Attract!" I shouted suddenly.

My quick thinking saved Eevee. She gave Psyduck an endearing look, who flinched and stopped the Psychic. He then looked at Eevee with hearts in his eyes.

"That was some quick thinking," Misty smiled slightly, giving me a look of respect.

"Thanks," I grinned. "Eevee, Swift."

The shower of stars all peppered Psyduck, who was knocked back, and the damage he sustained was showing even more. He caught his breath, swaying slightly as his body twitched with pain. This was it, we could win.

Then, without a warning, Psyduck suddenly snapped out of the attraction and hit Eevee with Confusion, the latter not being able to react in time.

Eevee was launched backward, struggling to right herself as she tumbled to ground.

"Water Gun!"

Without missing a beat, Psyduck opened his mouth and released a gush of water, which hit Eevee, who took the brunt of the attack.

Eevee fell to the ground once again, her legs shaking as she struggled to stand up.

"Now, Confusion."

"Use Quick Attack to dodge it."

Eevee was just barely able to jump over it, her speed increased by the Quick Attack.

"Now, Psychic!"

Eevee was still in midair as the Psychic made its way toward her.

My grin widened. "Teleport."

"Wait what?!" Misty exclaimed with wide eyes.

Eevee disappeared and reappeared in front of Psyduck.

"Quick Attack."

"Vee!" Eevee yelled as she rammed into Psyduck with a Quick Attack. Psyduck clenched his teeth in pain but, in a blur, he grabbed Eevee with surprising strength and blasted her with a point-blank Psychic that launched her, slamming her into the ground.

"Eevee..." Eevee laid on the ground, making the effort to get up, but ultimately fell once again. Her eyes were slowly closed.

I was going to lose...

But I still couldn't accept it.

"Come on, Eevee," I said calmly, "get up, you're tougher than this."

I believed in my partner—I knew that she would prevail.

Suddenly, Eevee's eyes shot open. With a growl of difficulty, she slowly got up, facing Psyduck once again. "Vee!' she barked, her eyes flashing with stubbornness, refusing to lose.

The crowd gasped, surprised at what they had witnessed.

"I have to say, that Eevee is tough."

"Can they actually turn this around?"

"No way..."

"Heh, it's all or nothing," I mused with a grim smile. "Quick Attack, Eevee."

Eevee leapt at Psyduck, who retaliated quickly.

"Confusion!"

"Jump over!"

Eevee once again jumped over the Confusion, but this time she also jumped over Psyduck, who spun around and looked at her bewilderment.

Eevee jumped from the rock they were using as an arena to another rock.

"Keep using Quick Attack, over and over again!"

It was time to use our secret move: Mega Quick Attack. This little Eevee was going to show everyone how monstrously powerful she can be. We will shatter all expectations—that was the point we were trying to make.

Eevee kept jumping from rock to rock, continuously using Quick Attack, charging up our Mega Quick Attack.

"Water Gun, fast!" Misty yelled out desperately.

Psyduck kept shooting out Water Guns, which almost hit Eevee the first time around, but the times that came next proved that Eevee was becoming faster after every Quick Attack, dodging the Water Guns over and over as she gathered momentum and prepared the final, most powerful hit.

After a minute, Eevee's Mega Quick Attack was charged up enough—this would be fast and strong enough.

Eevee dodged a Water Gun with Teleport, appearing in front of Psyduck, keeping her momentum.

"Psychic! Hit her!"

"Teleport!"

Eevee disappeared moments before the Psychic hit her, reappearing behind Psyduck.

"Confusion!"

But once again, Psyduck was too slow; Eevee once again teleported, dodging the attack once more. This pattern repeated, Psyduck being unable to hit Eevee at all. He even used the whip-like Water Gun but even that failed.

He began to look dizzy, missing a Water Gun completely. And that was when I knew that this was our chance; this would be the finisher.

"Eevee, NOW!"

"Ee..."

Eevee appeared in front of Psyduck, flying to him like a bullet, her eyes looking into his wide, scared eyes. And Eevee grinned, sensing her victory.

"VEE!" she smashed into Psyduck with monstrous force, shockwaves radiating from the area of impact, completely destroying the rock they were on.

The rock split, smoke hazing over it. When it cleared, the rock was revealed to be split into fragments. Psyduck laid on one of those fragments, unconscious.

We won.

Eevee stood in front of Psyduck, looking down on him, panting and gasping. She was severely winded and injured, but she was okay; she fucking won.

"Eevee!" she raised her head, exclaiming her triumph.

"Psyduck is unable to battle! Eevee is the winner! And since Misty has no more Pokemon left, that means that Vali the challenger is victorious!"

The audience became silent for a moment as they processed what just happened. Then, loudly and surprisingly, they roared with cheers.

"There's no way!"

"He really turned that around!"

"Wow! He may be an asshole but he really knows how to battle!"

I was taken aback. Just a bit ago they really hated me, but since I won, they were now cheering for me.

Putting that out of my mind, I sighed in relief. We did it—we fucking did it.

Eevee turned to me, beamed, and ran, jumping into my outstretched arms.

She nuzzled me and said, "Eevee!" I couldn't help but smile.

"Yeah, we did it. We showed them," I said, extremely proud of her.

Misty returned Psyduck and shook her head with a small smile, walking toward us.

"You really surprised me there," she said while beaming at me, "I use Psyduck against Trainers who have earned multiple Gym Badges or have already participated in the Indigo League. You beat him with nothing but your wits, that's impressive."

I grinned, "Told you I would kick your ass."

"Getting cocky, are we?" Misty teased. "Well, you did beat me, so you've earned this."

She held out a teardrop-shaped badge, beckoning at me to grab it. "Congratulations."

I took the Gym Badge and put in my badge case, right next to the Boulder Badge. Six more to go... Jeez, I'm only one-fourth the way there, and I have a feeling that those Gym Battles would be even more bullshit than this one.

I looked at the audience and spotted Trinity who was clapping with a smile. Pikachu was cheering by swishing his tail from side-to-side.

"Seems like they changed their mind about you," Misty noted. "You proved to them how strong you are, and now they respect you ."

"Doesn't matter to me," I said, "they're disapproval doesn't affect me."

"You don't care about how people think of you?"

"Nope, their opinions don't matter. Only some do."

Misty shook her head. "You're weird."

"Thanks."

"Well, it's Trinity's turn now. This time I'll win, I can't let challengers win too easily."

"I doubt it." Without letting Misty speak, I walked to where Trinity was sitting and said:

"You're up, Trin. I'll be cheering for you—er, maybe not cheer for you, but I want you to win," I said.

"Thanks Val..." Trinity said softly.

"Still nervous? Come on, Trin, confidence. You're my rival, so I expect you to put on a good show. Don't let your nerves get to you or I'll be pissed off."

Trinity sighed with playful exasperation. "Fine, fine, let's go Pikachu." She stood up and looked at me one last time.

"Good luck," I waved at them.

"Eevee!" Eevee cheered them on.

"Thanks guys."

"Pika, Pi!"

Mustering their courage, they walked to the battlefield, getting ready for the incoming battle.

Trinity's POV

Ugh, why the hell did the entire city have to watch?

I felt my hands shaking as I walked down, feeling the eyes of every spectator following me.

"Come on, control yourself, just get to the battlefield," I told myself, trying not to let the fear get to me. Damn it, why was I so scared now of all times! Fine, I guess I'll have to conquer that fear.

Mustering my dignity, I walked to my side of the battlefield and stared down the Gym Leader Misty. In the gap of time between the end of Vali's Gym Battle and the beginning of mine, a couple of Pokemon fixed the battlefield so that we could use it without difficulty.

"Eevee really is a monster." I found that thought rather amusing.

"So it's your turn?" Misty mused. "You're Vali's rival, right? Then I can't wait to see how well you battle."

I smirked despite my fear. "I'll actually do better than Val."

"We'll see," Misty smiled in an amused manner, "we'll see."

"The rules are the same as last battle! The battle between the Gym Leader Misty and Trinity of Viridian will now begin!"

"Come out!" Misty shouted and let out Staryu, who was healed before the battle began.

Without a word, I threw Ralts's Poke Ball.

Ralts came out, glaring at Staryu. I could almost feel his lust for battle.

"Another Ralts?" Misty said. "Interesting."

"Mine is male, while Vali's is female," I explained.

"Oh? How cool—Tackle!" she said suddenly.

I was already expecting it. Taking a deep breath, remembering the words that Vali said to me, "Remember Trin, confidence," I shouted, "Double Team!"

Heeding my call, Ralts split into five, the clones identical to him, making it impossible to discern him from them.

Staryu smashed into one of them, making it vanish on impact.

"Make them disappear with Rapid Spin!" Misty said.

Staryu began to spin and launched itself at Ralts and the clones, destroying the copies but leaving the original unharmed.

"Rapid Spin again!"

"Disable!"

But before Staryu could use Rapid Spin again, Ralts's red eyes flashed, and Staryu suddenly stopped in midair.

"Zen Headbutt, now!" I shouted, now getting into the rhythm of battle, my fear long forgotten.

Ralts leapt at Staryu, a semi-translucent half-sphere appearing over his head. He headbutted Staryu, who was knocked backward.

"Double Edge, quickly!"

Staryu, who was faster due to Rapid Spin, retaliated quickly, smacking Ralts, who couldn't react in time.

Ralts fell to the ground, but he didn't seem as damaged as he was letting on to be. He quickly got up, looking more energetic than before.

"Bubble Beam, Staryu!" Misty said quickly.

Staryu unleashed a stream of bubbles upon Ralts, who was ready to counter.

"Confusion."

Ralts conjured a psychic wave, which overpowered the Bubble Beam and continued its course undeterred.

As I expected, Staryu dodged it with ease.

"Zen Headbutt."

Ralts predicted where Staryu would dodge, and the latter found themselves being headbutted with powerful force.

"Confusion, Ralts!"

Ralts was about to release Confusion, but Disable finally ran out.

"Try to use Rapid Spin again!"

Before Ralts could attack, Staryu once again used Rapid Spin, not only becoming faster, but also hitting the former into the water.

I had to think quickly or else Staryu would be given the advantage. I couldn't let Staryu get into the water.

"Ralts, use Double Team to get back up!"

Ralts allowed himself to slightly submerge into the water. Four clones appeared in midair. The one nearest to him grabbed his hand and threw him to the next one, who did the same. And this happened again and again until the final clone grabbed his hand and threw him back to the battlefield.

"Ralts!" he said defiantly.

"Staryu, Rapid Spin again!"

Staryu once again tried to attack and boost his speed.

"Disable," I said with a smirk.

Ralts once again stopped Staryu from using Rapid Spin, the latter suddenly stopping.

"Finish it with Confusion and Zen Headbutt!"

Ralts's Confusion hit Staryu while its move was disabled, and then he followed it up with a Zen Headbutt, which bashed Staryu into the ground, finally knocking it out.

"Staryu is unable to battle! Ralts is the winner!"

Unlike when Vali's Hatenna knocked out Staryu, the crowd didn't boo. They began to cheer, the explosive crowd's shouts pounding in my ears.

I felt... good. A grin spread across my face.

"Here he comes," I thought, preparing for what's to come.

"My secret weapon isn't so secret anymore, huh?" Misty mused. "Now let's see if you can handle it."

She returned Staryu and sent out Psyduck, who once again looked oblivious as to what was going on.

"Psy?" Psyduck glanced around at Misty, who looked at him and sighed.

"And here we go again..." she said, trying to hide her smile. I knew right then and there that Misty was very fond of Psyduck, even if she doesn't admit it.

"You get a free attack, Trinity."

I had a free turn... and if Psyduck needs to be hit to trigger his headache...

I knew what I could do.

I returned Ralts and looked at Pikachu. "Your turn."

Pikachu eyed me, probably knowing what I was thinking, and jumped off my shoulder. He walked up to Psyduck, who stared at him with confusion.

"Duck?"

Pikachu placed his tail on Psyduck.

"Activate Static," I ordered.

He did what he was told. Psyduck's body began to crackle with electricity, and his movements became sluggish. He was incredibly fast when he had a headache, so I had to cut his speed in half in order to have an easier time hitting him.

"Return Pikachu, and come out Ralts."

Pikachu returned to my shoulder and I threw out Ralts again.

"I see," Misty nodded, mildly impressed. "You know how ridiculously fast Psyduck is, so you had to make him slower."

"You're right," I smirked. "Zen Headbutt."

Ralts's head slammed into Psyduck, who staggered under the blow. Then the latter put his hands over his head, and bellowed as his eyes began to glow. He glared at Ralts, who glared defiantly back.

"Psychic!"

"Disable!"

"Damn it, not again."

Before Psyduck could retaliate, Ralts canceled the attack with Disable.

"Confusion."

Ralts unleashed a strong wave of psychic power, which at first looked like it would hit with impunity, but Psyduck's eyes started glowed even brighter.

"Use Confusion as well," Misty said.

Psyduck launched his own Confusion that destroyed Ralts's, hitting him with explosive force.

Ralts was knocked off his feet, rolling with the momentum to stand back up, righting his stance once more.

"Water Gun, quick!"

Psyduck launched a Water Gun, which sailed at Ralts with alarming speeds despite the paralysis.

'Dodge it, Ralts."

"Ral," Ralts said calmly as he leapt out of the way, the spurt of water whizzing past him.

"Double Team."

Ralts blurred and split into five, all looking at Psyduck with animosity.

"Zen Headbutt."

All five Ralts leapt at Psyduck, intent on headbutting him.

"Confusion, now."

Psyduck launched a swift wave of psychic power, destroying the clones and hitting the real Ralts, who grunted with pain as he was batted away.

"Psychic," Misty said with a triumphant tone.

"Damn it, Disable ended," I thought and cursed.

Then, with impossibly fast speeds, Psyduck appeared at the end of Ralts's flight path. The latter's eyes widened as his imminent defeat dawned upon him. Without remorse, Psyduck flicked his small hand, releasing a tremendously potent wave of purple energy that smashed Ralts before he even hit the ground, knocking him out.

"Ralts is unable to battle! Psyduck is the winner!"

The crowd went wild once again. They were on the edge of their seats, anticipation written all over them. They were indecisive as to which Pokemon would emerge victorious; they thought I had a chance to win with only one Pokemon.

Psyduck was paralyzed and somewhat damaged, and I still had Pikachu, an Electric-type.

My grin widened. I could win this.

"It's you turn, buddy," I looked at Pikachu, who stared at me with a fiery look.

"Pika!"

"Go for it."

He jumped off my shoulder and onto the battlefield, his legs tensing in anticipation.

"Ash didn't use his Pikachu in his Gym Battle because Pikachu didn't want to," Misty explained. "And our battle was interrupted by Team Rocket. After Ash helped fight off Team Rocket, my sisters just straight up gave him the badge, and we never continued the battle. So I can't help but be excited to battle your Pikachu!"

I accepted her challenge with a grin. "Then you better be ready."

"Oh, I'm ready to win."

"We'll see who's truly ready.

Then I shouted, "Thunder Shock!"

"Dodge it!"

Despite Psyduck being weakened, he was still being empowered by his migraine. He jumped over the Thunder Shock, quickly closing in the distance.

Psyduck was too fast, even while paralyzed. So what could I do?

Then it came to me.

"Pikachu, Iron Tail on the water!"

To my relief, Pikachu knew what I was thinking. His tail turned into steel as he drove his tail into the water, flicking the water into Psyduck's eyes, who instinctively covered his eyes as he was temporarily blinded.

This was our chance.

"Hit him!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu slammed his metallic tail into Psyduck's stomach, making the latter wheeze in pain as he flew backward.

"Tackle now!"

Pikachu ran at Psyduck, Tackle boosting his speed. But the strange thing was that Pikachu was suspiciously covered in small bolts of electricity. Was he...

Before I could finish my thought, Misty yelled, "Psychic!"

Pikachu didn't make it in time, and as a result, he was hit by a very powerful Psychic, being flung into the air.

"Confusion!"

As Pikachu was airborne, another weaker but still powerful wave of purple-blue energy collided with him.

"Use Iron Tail to launch yourself!"

As Pikachu was sprawled on the floor, he used Iron Tail once again and used it to fling himself as if he was using a lever, breaking the laws of inertia. As he sailed through the air, he spun around, using the centrifugal force he generated to increase his velocity, hitting Psyduck square in the face, knocking him backward.

"Thunder Shock, quick!"

"Pika... CHUUU!" Pikachu sent arcs of electricity at Psyduck, the crackling bolts of energy engulfing him completely as he was shocked.

"Duck..." Psyduck grunted in pain, but the resilient Pokemon remained standing, his headache worsening even more. His eyes glowed even brighter than they had before.

"Nice try, but Psyduck is tougher than you think! Water Gun!"

Psyduck launched a spurt of water that was bigger and faster than the Water Guns he used previously, hitting Pikachu before he could react.

As Pikachu was hit, he slipped on the water and fell to the floor, panting heavily, the damage he sustained finally getting to him.

"Psychic, Psyduck!"

Psyduck's waved a hand, but as he did, he suddenly froze as if being locked in place. Electricity surrounded him.

"Damn it, I forgot about the paralysis," Misty cursed.

"Thunder Shock! Quickly!" I pleaded desperately, taking the opportunity.

Mustering all his strength, he got up and sent out another powerful Thunder Shock.

"Psychic!"

Psyduck, who recovered from his momentary paralysis, unleashed a Psychic, which overpowered the Thunder Shock and once again hit Pikachu, who looked about ready to collapse.

"Pi... Pi..." his breath ran ragged and his legs shook. He looked ready to give up and go down.

"This is it, Trinity, you've lost!" Misty smirked. "It was a great battle, I'll give you that, but... it's time to finish this. Confusion!"

Psyduck, dead set on victory, launched one more powerful Confusion that would surely knock him out if it hit.

Guess I have no choice.

"Tackle!"

Pikachu, with all his effort, ran at Psyduck, his speed being magnified by Tackle. But it was so painstakingly slow that I knew we were done for. The world around me seemed to slow down, Psyduck inching ever closer to victory...

...Until Pikachu sparked with electricity.

Much to my amazement, what used to be small sparks of electricity became enlarged and engulfed him completely, gyrating around him like whips.

He learned Volt Tackle!

"Pika, Pika, Pika, Pika, Pika!" he said, his speed and power increasing every time he said it. With his speed increased tenfold, Pikachu launched at Psyduck, going so fast that he produced a sonic boom.

With wide eyes, Psyduck was hit by Pikachu, lightning crackling on impact, charging the air with ozone. Psyduck's expression turned blank and, unable to take anymore damage, finally fell to the ground, down for the count.

"Psyduck is unable to battle! Pikachu is the winner! And since Misty has no more Pokemon left, that means that the winner is Trinity the challenger!"

The crowd erupted with cheers.

"She looks so familiar! Isn't she Lorelei's daughter?"

"Wow, I've also heard that her brother is a prodigy! They really are of the same blood."

"Good job Trinity!"

My heart became light as happiness rushed into me. I won! I fucking won!

Pikachu, despite being exhausted, ran to me and into my outstretched arms.

"Pika!" he said excitedly.

"We did it, partner," I beamed.

Misty gave us a small smirk and returned Psyduck. Then, like she did for Vali, she walked up to me with a coy smile.

"Wow, that was some battle. Between you and Vali, I don't know who was better. The two of you can really put on a good show."

"I was honestly afraid I was going to lose."

"So was I, but I was the one who lost in the end," she smiled at me and held out her hand.

"Here, you've earned this: The Cascade badge."

I took the badge from her hand, smiling as I did. "Thanks."

"No, thank you—thank you both," she said genuinely.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Vali walking toward us with a small, cool smile.

"Heh, that was exciting," he said with his signature deadpan. "Good job, Trin."

Despite his praise, I saw his eyes twitch. He was upset over something, but I didn't know what. I knew him well enough to tell what he was feeling, despite his strange personality.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing," he said, giving me a blank face.

I stared at him suspiciously, but he ignored it.

"You two are probably some of the best challengers I've ever had—nearly as good as that trainer I fought a while ago, his name was Gabriel," Misty said.

"Not surprised," Vali grumbled.

I sighed. "Me neither."

"What? You guys know him?" Misty asked, curious.

"He's my brother," I said.

"Huh? He is?" Misty looked at me as if she saw me for the first time. She nodded. "Yeah, I can see the similarities. But I have to say, you defeating Psyduck was very impressive—I only use him for Trainers that have already fought in the Indigo League or have multiple Gym Badges."

"Thanks!" I said, beaming with pride.

"Well," Vali changed the subject, "we should probably get back to the Pokemon Center soon if we want to leave early."

"What? You're leaving already? You just got here a day ago!" Misty exclaimed.

Vali's expression remained neutral. "We want to collect our Gym Badges as fast as possible. We don't have time to fuck around."

"Val! You don't have to be so rude about it!" I scolded.

"I'm not, I'm just saying," he shrugged.

Misty sighed. "Well, fine. I wanted to spend more time with you guys, but you're right. I'll make sure to see you off."

"Alright," Vali said without much emotion.

"Thanks, Misty," I said in a much more pleasant tone.

We said our goodbyes to Misty and walked out of the Gym, making our way to the Pokemon Center so that our Pokemon could rest.

Meanwhile, in Pallet Town...

Ash Ketchum, the World Monarch, was laying on his bed in his old room. He didn't have another exhibition match until two days from then, and the Alola League wasn't until a couple months later.

For once, he had no responsibilities.

He had decided to spend his days off with his mother, who was rather lonely after he became so busy with his duties.

Serena was in Kanto for the Pokemon Contests there.

He was fifteen-years-old...

Ash could age, much to his amazement.

Ever since that day when he saw Ho-Oh flying above him, when he wished that his journey would never end, he stopped aging.

But his journey ended when he became the best. He wasn't exactly a Pokemon Master because he didn't know what being a Pokemon Master meant.

"Maybe that goal was a bit broad," he said softly.

Ash heard Pikachu's soft snores as he rested. He had been battling for days straight, and he won all those battles with ease. He's earned his rest.

But Ash was restless. His love for battling had abated as the years passed. There was no one to truly challenge him. He hasn't seen any trainers with the unbridled passion that he had before.

He only now realized how lonely it was to be at the top.

Ash thought he would get bored.

Until he saw the two Gym Battles that happened in Cerulean City at that very day...

"Psyduck is unable to battle! Eevee is the winner! And since Misty has no more Pokemon left, that means that Vali is victorious!"

"Psyduck is unable to battle! Pikachu is the winner! And since Misty has no more Pokemon left, that means that the winner is Trinity the challenger!"

He saw what he was looking for—passion. These two trainers defeated Misty's Psyduck—who is so strong that even Trainers with multiple badges lose to him—despite being in a lower skill level. He wasn't even counting Gyarados.

Ash remembered how powerful Misty's Pokemon became after she came back from the journey she went on after he became World Monarch. And to think that Vali and Trinity could fight her Psyduck...

"Wow, these two are something else," Ash said out loud, waking Pikachu up. "These strategies... they look like something I would come up with."

He defeated Cynthia in the semifinals of the Master's Eight after years of being out of her league. And now that her son was a Trainer... Ash was eager to see how he grows.

He began to grin, which caused Pikachu to look at him curiously. "When they couldn't win with brute force, they strategized instead—they became unpredictable."

"Pika?" Pikachu asked, looking at Ash's Rotom Phone screen.

"Look, Pikachu," Ash said, showing him the two promising Trainers.

Pikachu's eyes widened, and a pang of excitement became visible on his eyes as he watched. "Pikachu!"

"Makes me a bit motivated," Ash said. "How about we train some more, Pikachu?"

"Pika!" Pikachu's tail perked up, and he jumped on Ash's shoulder after he changed, bringing him a sense of nostalgia.

Ash had a new look: He wore a navy-blue short-sleeved shirt with a blue, red-trimmed cape just like the one Leon had. He wore black pants and blue shoes. Ash took off his hat, looked at it fondly one last time, and then set it on his nightstand. He was as tan as ever, but he was now muscular and taller. His black hair was messier, giving him a carefree but mature look. His brown eyes were lighter, looking hazel instead. He grew handsome over the years.

Ash stood up, took his Mega Glove, Z-Power Ring, and his Dynamax Band, putting them all on. He flexed his fingers and looked at himself in the mirror. It was a new Ash—one that has far outgrown his old naivety. He was the World Monarch, and it was time that he started to act like one.

"Hehehe, I can't let others catch up to me, now can I?" Ash asked himself. "There are promising Trainers, and I refuse to lose my title. It's time to go back to training. There's no point in being gloomy..."

Then he said, "...I'm a Champion now."

He looked at Pikachu. "Ready, buddy?"

"Pi!" Pikachu grinned.

Ash smirked and walked out of his room.

"Vali and Trinity," he thought, "I have a feeling you two will become strong, so I hope we have a battle one day."

He walked outside and pulled out his Poke Balls. As the World Monarch, he had to battle using the team he used to win for exhibition matches... but that didn't mean that he would stop training with his other Pokemon.

Ash realized years ago that he practically abandoned his Pokemon from other regions, basically resetting every time he went to a new region.

But he wouldn't make that mistake again.

"Come out, all of you!"

He threw out his entire team and, in a blue-white flash of light, five very specific Pokemon came out...

"Infer," Infernape grinned, his flaming mane of hair billowing.

"Rio!" Lucario said, his aura resonating with Ash's.

"Tile," Sceptile said coolly as his wrist blades flashed.

Extending his wings, Charizard roared, a jet of fire erupting out of his mouth. He looked at Ash, then promptly blasted his face with fire. Ash didn't flinch, instead he grinned nostalgically.

And the final Pokemon...

With his tongue-scarf wrapped around him and his arms crossed, Greninja opened his eyes and looked at Ash. The two locked eyes, and their bond once again acknowledged them. Then, they grinned in unison.

"Greninja."

Ash smiled proudly at them all. "It's been a while, huh? How about some training?"

They all cheered excitedly, eager to battle again.

Infernape, like most of Ash's Pokemon, has been training by himself in Professor Oak's Laboratory. He sometimes trained with Sceptile.

Lucario has been a staple of Ash's team—he was nearly always used whenever he battles.

Charizard not only has been training in the Charicific Valley, but also in Galar with former World Monarch Leon and his Charizard.

And Greninja has grown even more powerful ever since he helped Zygarde destroy the remaining roots of the Giant Rock in Kalos.

Ash was assembling his ultimate team. And he would use it when the next World Coronation series occurred.

He wasn't going to hold back.

He had taken an interest in those two Trainers. He wanted to battle them one day, whether it was unofficial or not.

Ash Ketchum was back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Damn, Psyduck goes crazy.

Yeah, Ash just assembled the ultimate team. In this fanfiction, he isn't going to fuck around. Think of him as Cynthia, Volo, and Red from the games combined and on crack. He's been training with all his old Pokemon, and he may have reunited with some of them...

And no, Vali and Trinity aren't always going to struggle during Gym Battles, but I'm telling you, Kanto has been put on hardcore mode ever since Ash became the World Monarch.

Trinity struggled less in the Gym Battle because Pikachu had the type advantage and also because Trinity's Ralts was stronger due to him battling pretty much all his life. Vali's Ralts is catching up to him. And Hatenna is a new addition to Vali's team, so of course she got demolished by Psyduck.

And as always, if you guys have any suggestions for any Pokemon, character, or location you guys would want to see in the future, by all means suggest it in the comments. It always helps me out.

As you have probably already noticed, I'm not doing Author's Note anymore since it's a waste of chapters. Wattpad has a two hundred chapter limit and I want this story to be as long as possible. Author's Notes will be replaced with comments and endnotes. I'll probably delete my old Author's Notes (or maybe I'll just unpublish them).

Damn, writer's block has been hitting me like a truck lately. Sometimes I can get so much progress down while other times no words come out of me. It's a terrible feeling, really.

And wow, I never expected this chapter to be so long. This is probably longer than Chapter 24.

We're super close to 5k views, so hopefully we can keep this going.

Oh yeah, the images were blurry before, but I fixed them.

But that's all for now. I'll proofread this and then upload it soon. So, see you guys next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 2.6K 61
*COMPLETE**EDITS COMPLETE* Ash Ketchum is a brand new trainer from Pallet Town in the Kanto region at 16 years old. His dream is to become the very b...
775K 9.6K 46
This is a story of Ash Ketchum, the boy who became famous after defeating the World Champion Leon himself in the World Coronation Series. After separ...
270 6 4
Storm, a pokemon trainer in his twenties, has spent almost a decade traveling between different regions at his leisure, learning about their history...
41 1 5
More adventurous Pokemon story with a deep interesting plot with original OCs and fan favourite characters. This is an original plot and a bunch of...