POMEGRANATE, addams

By madebyrach

Mother, let me tell you a secret Your flowers always died in my hands And I hated being the goddess of spri... More

𝖕𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖊
𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖙
𝖆𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖈𝖘
𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙
𝖘𝖞𝖓𝖔𝖕𝖘𝖎𝖘
𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖍𝖆𝖘
𝖎. 𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖘 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖘
𝖎𝖎. 𝖔𝖚𝖙𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖘, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖐𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖘
𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖆 𝖗𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖘
𝖎𝖛. 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝖔𝖓 𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖍
𝖛. 𝖙𝖔𝖎𝖑 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊
𝖛𝖎. 𝖉𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖑 𝖋𝖆𝖈𝖊, 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑 𝖊𝖞𝖊𝖘
𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖕𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖙 𝖎𝖙, 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐
𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖍𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖎𝖘
𝖎𝖝. 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝖇𝖔𝖞 𝖜𝖆𝖑𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖝. 𝖉𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊
𝖝𝖎. 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖝𝖎𝖎. 𝖒𝖔𝖓 𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖞 𝖜𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖛. 𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖉𝖔𝖙𝖊 𝖆𝖌𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖘𝖙 𝖒𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖞
𝖝𝖛𝖎. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖒𝖇𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖘
𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝖉𝖊𝖓
𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖔𝖔𝖕𝖘𝖎𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖎𝖘𝖞
𝖝𝖝. 𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖇𝖞 𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖕𝖗𝖎𝖘𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖎. 𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖓 𝖚𝖕, 𝖇𝖚𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖈𝖚𝖕
𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎. 𝖇𝖊𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖓𝖌 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖉𝖊𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉
𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖎𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖜𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖝𝖛. 𝖆𝖖𝖚𝖆 𝖙𝖔𝖋𝖆𝖓𝖆
𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎. 𝖇𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖓𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍
𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖒𝖚𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖘𝖎𝖝 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖝. 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖘 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖛𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖝. 𝖎𝖓𝖋𝖆𝖙𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖘
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎. 𝖘𝖈𝖔𝖗𝖕𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖘
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎. 𝖘𝖍𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖆 𝖒𝖚𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖌𝖎𝖗𝖑𝖘 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖓𝖆 𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖛𝖎𝖛𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖆 𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝖋𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖔𝖋 𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖓
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛. 𝖋𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖍𝖞𝖉𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎. 𝖙𝖜𝖔 𝖇𝖎𝖗𝖉𝖘, 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖓𝖊
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖕𝖔𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖓 𝖎𝖘 𝖆 𝖜𝖔𝖒𝖆𝖓'𝖘 𝖜𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖔𝖓
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖇𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖉𝖌𝖊𝖘
𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖝. 𝖛𝖎𝖔𝖑𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖘
𝖝𝖑. 𝖛𝖎𝖔𝖑𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘
𝖝𝖑𝖎. 𝖗𝖊𝖇𝖊𝖑 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖆 𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖊
𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖎. 𝖘𝖑𝖊𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖇𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖞
𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖒𝖊 𝖒𝖊
𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖛. 𝖓𝖔 𝖇𝖔𝖉𝖞, 𝖓𝖔 𝖈𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖊
𝖝𝖑𝖛. 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖘 𝖆 𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗
𝖝𝖑𝖛𝖎. 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖙𝖔𝖗
𝖝𝖑𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖈𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙
𝖝𝖑𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊𝖗, 𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖆𝖒𝖊
𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖝. 𝖆 𝖒𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖕𝖎𝖊𝖈𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊𝖉𝖞
𝖑. 𝖙𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖉𝖔 𝖚𝖘 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙
𝖑𝖎. 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖘 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊
𝖑𝖎𝖎. 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖎𝖘 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖆 𝖘𝖆𝖚𝖓𝖆
𝖑𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖒𝖎 𝖆𝖒𝖔𝖗, 𝖒𝖎 𝖛𝖎𝖉𝖆
𝖑𝖎𝖛. 𝖘𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖘𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝖘𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖜
𝖑𝖛. 𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍
𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 ↠ 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖍𝖔𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖍
𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 ↠ 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖘
𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 ↠ 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖓𝖎𝖈

𝖝𝖎𝖝. 𝖋𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊

21.4K 765 57
By madebyrach

Hades and Persephone find themselves sitting next to each other once again, facing the bronze statue of Joseph Crackstone. Wednesday had found the pair earlier and ranted to them about her action-packed Outreach Day, including deterring tourists from buying fudge at Pilgrim World to kicking the ass of a Pilgrim boy. Mixed in with all that excitement was all the details of Crackstone's persecution of outcasts, particularly Hades and Wednesday's ancestor, Goody Addams. Wednesday had once again roped the two into helping her come up with a plan of revenge.

So as Wednesday set up her cello next to Jericho's high school marching band, Hades and Persephone plastered on innocent smiles as they waited in the audience. No one had to know that they had found small gasoline tanks for Thing to pour in the fountain and on the ground.

Mayor Walker jogs up to the podium and begins his speech, "Thank you. It is my honour to celebrate our town's history and Jericho's noble forefather, Joseph Crackstone." He gestures his hand to show off the statue.

"More like noble oppressor." Hades grits out under his breath. Persephone squeezes his hand to try and bring him some comfort.

"Now, he believed that with a happy heart and an open ear, there was nothing our town couldn't achieve. So together as one, our community and our friends at Nevermore Academy, we've built a monument to celebrate his memory. Now, may the spirit of Joseph Crackstone be memorialised for eternity." The mayor's toothy grin finishes off his enthusiastically boring address to the crowd. The band starts playing a preppy arrangement of 'Don't Stop' by Fleetwood Mac as Wednesday looks like she would welcome death with open arms.

Mayor Walker prompts Principal Weems to face the hoard of cameras so that they may pose for some publicity photos. Persephone rolls her eyes at the fakeness of the whole situation. They're gathered to celebrate the life of an inhuman butcher of outcast lives and Weems is up onstage smiling like it's the best thing in the world. The big red button is pressed which triggers the fountain to start spurting water and the crowd to start cheering.

Wednesday's eyes flicker to Hades, who nods at the signal and taps the top of Persephone's hand with his finger twice. Persephone, who is sitting on the outer edge of the row of seats, whips a match out from where its tucked behind her ear. Pretending to tie her shoe, she leans down in her seat and passes it to Thing, who is waiting by her feet. She gives him a discreet nod and he replies with a thumbs up before setting off.

He strikes the match against the ground and flicks it to the trail he had marked out earlier. Sparks fly up as the flames circle around the marching band to the back of the fountain. Suddenly, a huge explosion erupts from the fountain. The crowd screams and scrambles to safety as Wednesday continues to play her cello with a smirk on her face. She starts playing an intense arrangement of Vivaldi's 'Winter' as the bonfire grows in size and smoke fills the air. Weems' eyes search frantically for the miscreant behind this catastrophe. Unsurprisingly, her attention is drawn to Wednesday Addams and her accomplices.

Hades and Persephone stand behind Wednesday as the group watches the fire melt the face of Joseph Crackstone. Whoever said revenge is best served cold has obviously never played with fire.

◇ ◇ ◇

"That was a disaster." Principal Weems paces around her office, heels clicking against the floor. "The mayor is furious! I've lost count of the angry phone calls, emails, and people in the town, alumni and parents. They want answers and so do I." She points an accusatory finger at Wednesday who is perched calmly on a leather chair. Persephone sits in the other chair with Hades leaning on the arm of the seat.

"I would lead the inquisition, but I left my thumbscrews and rack at home." Wednesday quips.

"Miss Addams... you're already on thin ice. Wafer-thin ice." Weems seethes. "And dragging your brother and roommate through the dirt with you!"

"I swear on my late scorpion's soul, my hands are clean. As are Hades and Persephone's." Wednesday declares. Hades and Persephone share a smug glance. She's not technically lying. Thing was the one who set the whole display up.

"I may not have hard evidence, but I see you. You're a trouble magnet."

"If trouble means standing up to lies," Wednesday rises from her seat and strides over to stand in front of Weems. "Decades of discrimination, centuries of treating outcasts like second-class citizens or worse..."

"What are you talking about?"

"Jericho." Persephone states, rapidly losing the faith she once had in her principal.

"Why does this town even have an Outreach Day?" Wednesday asks. "Don't you know its real history with outcasts? The actual story of Joseph Crackstone?"

Weems sighs before admitting, "I do. To an extent."

Persephone stands up to join Wednesday, confused by Weems' actions. "Then why be complicit in its cover up?"

"Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it." Hades and Wednesday chime together. History is an important subject for the Addams family. They learn to respect the ancestors who came before them as well as learning important life lessons from their efforts and mistakes.

"That's where you and I differ. Where you see doom, I see opportunity. Maybe this is a chance to rewrite the wrongs, to start a new chapter in the normie-outcast relations." Weems remarks positively, typical painted red smile adorning her pale face.

"Nothing has changed since Crackstone." Wednesday declares, staring up at Weems.

Persephone is reminded of the ridicule she faces from normies and bitterly adds, "They still hate us."

Hades stands up to join the two, placing his hand on Persephone's back. "Only now they sugarcoat it with platitudes and smiles." Hades' deep voice brings comfort to Persephone in this tense standoff.

Wednesday folds her arms in front of her body. "If you're unwilling to fight for the truth-"

"You don't think I want the truth?" Weems snaps, standing up to her full looming height. "Of course I do. But the world isn't always black and white. There are shades of grey."

"Maybe for you. But it's either they write our story or we do. You can't have it both ways."

"The villain will always be the villain if the hero tells the story." Persephone states passionately. She has been on the receiving end of jeers from normies who don't take the chance to get to know outcasts. Normies treat them like abominations but never stop to wonder if they're the ones who are different and weird. Maybe they're what's wrong with the world.

Weems sneers. "You're exhausting."

Wednesday doesn't miss a beat before replying, "I know."

With a tilt of her head and an exasperated sigh, Weems utters a sharp farewell, "Goodnight, Miss Addams." Wednesday turns and heads for the door when Weems speaks up again, "But you should know... I don't tire easily." Wednesday spins to leave again, this time with Hades and Persephone following. "Persephone. I'd like to speak with you for a moment."

Persephone stops, looking up at Hades who gives her a concerned look. She squeezes his hand to let him know that she'll be alright before retracing her steps into the room. The door shutting behind her signals that the Addams siblings have left and Persephone is left alone with Weems.

Weems plasters on a soft smile to try and get through to the young girl. "You should be careful with those two. They're getting you into trouble. You've always been such a good student. I don't want to see you get led astray by troublemakers like them."

Persephone's fists clench by her side, nails digging into her palms. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"You're close with them. I can tell. Especially with the boy, Hades." Weems leans back against her desk, speaking tenderly before her smile drops and her tone becomes serious. "He is bad news. You are cannon fodder to him. He. Doesn't. Care."

"With all due respect, Principal Weems, I believe you are wrong." Persephone snarls, defensive over the boy who has brightened her life. "I don't care what you say. I'm with him. For better or worse." With that she turns harshly on her heel and strides to the door.

Weems sighs, knowing there's nothing she can do to convince the girl but still giving it one last attempt. "I hope you know it'll probably be worse."

Persephone pauses, her hand lingering on the door handle. Looking over her shoulder and staring into the eyes of her headmistress, she replies, "I knew that the day I met him."

◇ ◇ ◇

Persephone lays on Wednesday's bed, listening to the methodical clicking of her typewriter. Thing was next to her head as the two of them had both given up trying to help Enid with her outfit. That werewolf was very picky and didn't tend to listen to their advice anyway.

Enid holds up a vibrantly colourful top, asking, "Too much?" Wednesday glances ove her shoulder before her eyes widen and she turns back around.

"I feel like you just napalmed me, Enid." She mumbles, returning to her writing.

"So glad I have my date with Ajax tonight. Get my mind off that trainwreck of an afternoon. I literally think I have PTSD. I didn't even get to do my dance routine." Enid rants, huffing to herself.

"What a tragedy." Wednesday comments sarcastically.

"What kind of twisted psycho would want to sabotage such a life-affirming event?" Persephone and Wednesday make brief eye contact at that question. If only Enid knew she was sharing her room with those 'twisted psychos'.

"You're going to be late." Persephone laughs awkwardly, standing up to shoo Enid out of the door.

"Wish me luck." She says nervously.

"If he breaks your heart, I'll nail-gun his." Wednesday vows as Persephone succeeds in shoving Enid closer to the door.

"Are you sure I look okay? Maybe I should change jackets? I should've chosen a different outfit!" Enid panics as she's shoved into the hallway by Persephone.

"Enid!" Persephone whisper-shouts, stopping the girl's ramblings. "You look fine. Your jacket is fine. Your outfit is fine." Enid smiles at her friend. "But what isn't fine, is being late. So get a move on, wolfy." Giving the werewolf a playful push, Persephone sends the girl on her way before breathing a sigh of relief.

Climbing up to her loft area, Persephone curls up in her bed cuddling the toy panda Hades and her won together at the Harvest Festival. Her life used to be boringly quiet before the Addams sibling turned up. Now so much has changed. Crackstone's legacy is a lie. Wednesday is destined to destroy the school. And she has discovered that she is more powerful than she thinks.

Weems may be right. Hades Addams could set fire to the world... But he would never let a single flame touch his Persephone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 737 29
Symphokinesis - The power to manipulate and, in some cases, generate music Hatred - Intense dislike or ill will Enigma - A person or thing that is my...
55.5K 1.9K 27
Love was treacherous water for Evelyn Dolce. It really shouldn't have been, considering her mother was the goddess Aphrodite. Her mother never had ti...
44.2K 1.7K 54
What if mythology isn't a myth? Callie Prescott has the rest of her life planned out: get into med school, become a heart surgeon, and heal the world...
34.7K 840 28
Wednesday was just getting used to Nevermore. She had actually made a few friends and had her first kiss, though Tyler turned out to be the Hyde. So...