The Day Before Yesterday (BxB...

By ShytheHyacinth

After waking, Dylan learns of the truth that his parents tried desperately to hide. The incident isn't at al... More

𝖂𝖊𝖑𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝕭𝖆𝖈𝕶!
𝕮𝖆𝖘𝖙
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝕶𝖊 𝖀𝖕
𝕿𝖜𝖔 𝕷𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕬 𝕿𝖗𝖚𝖙𝖍
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖉'𝖘 𝕾𝖚𝖒𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝕸𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖆
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕴𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖊𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊
𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖞, 𝖎𝖙'𝖘 𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖆𝖓𝖞, & 𝕾𝖊𝖝
𝕻𝖍𝖔𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖝
𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝕿𝖞𝖕𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖑 𝕱𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖞 𝕱𝖚𝖓𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓
 𝕾𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖞 𝕴 𝕯𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖉 𝖄𝖔𝖚
𝕲𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖂𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕮𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓
𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕸𝖆𝖏𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖞'𝖘 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝕶𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕷𝖚𝖓𝖔𝖘 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝕶𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕷𝖚𝖓𝖔𝖘 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕮𝖔𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝕯𝖆𝖞 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕮𝖔𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝕯𝖆𝖞 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕬 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝖂𝖊𝖉𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝕬 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝕭𝖆𝖇𝖞
𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖂𝖆𝖞𝖘
𝕬 𝕿𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖓 𝕴𝖓 𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖉𝖊
𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖙𝖘 𝕺𝖓 𝖂𝖎𝖓𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉
𝕭𝖆𝖇𝖞 𝕮𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖑𝖊𝖘 & 𝕽𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖓𝖆𝕶𝖊𝖘
𝖂𝖎𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝕯𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒𝖘
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖘' 𝕭𝖆𝖓𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖘' 𝕭𝖆𝖓𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕬𝖑𝖑 𝕭𝖆𝖗𝕶 𝕹𝖔 𝕭𝖎𝖙𝖊
𝕿𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊𝖉𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒𝖕𝖍
𝕻𝖊𝖆𝕶-𝕬-𝕭𝖔𝖔 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕻𝖊𝖆𝕶-𝕬-𝕭𝖔𝖔 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕴𝖋 𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝕬 𝖂𝖆𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖂𝖆𝖓𝖙
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝕲𝖔𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝕲𝖔𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II

𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖑𝖞 𝕱𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕰𝖓𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖘

327 17 3
By ShytheHyacinth

A/N: Yooo I'm feeling a lot better, still need surgery so I'll probably will have it at the end of this month. But can we talk about this photo of Jayden, he's such a precious boy, with a precious smile ✨☺️ That's his outfit for the chapter.
_________________________________

-𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐨𝐰-

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙳𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚗)

"Are you ready?" Jayden asked once more as people fitted around my now packed up dorm room. Butlers and maids were swarming the place and transporting the last of my stuff into the warp that led to my future.

I looked to him with an exasperated look.

I appreciated that he was trying to monitor my reactions, mainly because my heart was beating out of my chest and all my nerves had my magic bursting in random beams of light. Harmless really, just asks the burn holes in the carpet.

"It's kind of late for me to back out." I muttered as I allowed him to take my hands.

"Deep breaths okay, just think happy thoughts and maybe try not to burn a hole in the ozone." He smiled as he rubbed his thumbs across my knuckles.

"Right, happy thoughts." I smiled awkwardly. I knew it was one of those forced ones that didn't quite reach my eyes, but I suspected I'd be sporting a lot of those today.

Today was the morning I was finally meeting Jayden's parents.

They arranged for us to eat breakfast together, after these random people pick up my belongings and bring them into a master suite in the palace. The one that's apparently across from Jayden's.

Apparently we weren't "permitted" to share a room until we were sworn in, during Jayden's coronation of course.

When would that be?

I don't fucking know.

But I would prefer it was sooner than later. I rather not feel like I was sneaking around trying to get some alone time with my mate.

"Hey, we got this, okay? What did I tell you last night?" Jayden asked as he looked me in my eyes, ignoring the servant who dropped a stack of my belongings on the floor with a loud thud before they scrambled to pick it up and walk through the warp.

"I don't know, something about me not biting you as I su—"

"Oh okay, not that." He grumbled as he looked unbelievably flustered as nosy bystanders sent us shocked looks.

I couldn't hold back my laughter as Thomas, and
Aya turned away awkwardly at my comment.

"I meant that we got this, right? You and I." Jayden smiled reassuringly as he kissed my ring, a habit that he didn't seem like he'd ever break. Especially when my nerves were nerving?

"Till the end of time." I added as I sent him my first genuine smile today.

"That's right baby, now let's go before you reveal anything else to the people who've known me since I was in diapers." He grimaced slightly as he took my hand and led me towards the warp.

"My king, my Lunos." Aya bowed cordially, making me shake my head and urge her to drop the formalities. In the end she gave me a long winded reply about how her family has used their magic to serve the royal family for the last century. Starting with her great, great, great, great—

You get the gist.

"Get used to it kid, Aya would rather drink snakes venom than address any member of the royal family casually." Thomas chucked lightly as he looked at his watch.

"We better get going if you guys wanna get there on time." Thomas grunted as he clapped his hands instructing Aya to do her thing.

"Can we keep the sand to a minimum, Aya? I'd like to avoid getting all that in my hair." Jayden pleaded to which Aya promptly ignored and threw red sand all over us.

Here we go.

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙹𝚊𝚢𝚍𝚎𝚗)

The second we fell through the warp Dylan's hand tightened against mine, my golden band clinked with his ring as we held hands. I always relished the new sensation but it was for all the wrong reasons right now. He was nervous and I couldn't comfort him now that we were in the belly of the beast.

Dylan took in the palace with an awestruck look as we sat at the edge of the grand entrance.

"Wow, I grew up in my pack's village. There was a pack house but it dwarfed yours. It was a mansion at best, this is just—" Dylan nervously ranted before a loud fanfare sounded in my ears making me hang my head in shame.

Ugh, this is embarrassing.

"He probably thinks we're this spoiled ass Prince. The fanfare is overkill." I muttered internally to Saint who puffed up his chest and shook his head.

"I think he loves us despite our different upbringing, plus when we went to his home we hadn't treated him any differently than we were raised." He responded in all his wolf filled wisdom. That didn't exactly stop me from sending a glare to the Herald.

"Announcing the arrival of Future King True Alpha Jayden Adairis Beaumont, First of his name. Accompanied by His mate the future Lunos, Dylan Davis, First of his name. As well as Head Royal Guard and Advisor to the current king, Thomas Laville." The Herald announced loudly as trumpets sounded in the background.

"I'm first of my name? That's so weird to think about." Dylan giggled beside me before watching as the staff flooded into the room and lined up like they always did to greet a guest.

The only difference was my family walked in to greet us at the door, all of my family. Aunties, uncles, my parents, all of them.

"Jayden you didn't tell me they'd be greeting us at the door, I'm underdressed." Dylan gritted between a forced smile as he sent me a pissed look.

I looked at his outfit and down at mine and sent him a look that told him he was dressed just fine.

Which was the truth, he looked as nice as he always looked. Ivory trousers, gold accessories, floral top with notes of green, my ring on his finger. He looked good enough to fucking eat, but let me not say too much.

_______________________________

Plus, if I'm being entirely honest, I've walked through this castle half naked after a jog, don't let the chandeliers and gold fool you.

"That's cause I didn't know they'd be greeting us at the door, plus you look great, and you've met the twins before. Remember at Jonathan's graduation?" I responded back as I pulled him closer to me, making sure to wrap my hand around his waist so he felt somewhat secure.

My baby was shaking like a leaf in September.

"Good morning, Princesses Lani and Leeya." Dylan greeted as he held his arms open, the girls squeal and practically knocked him over with the force of their excitement.

"Good morning Dylan! Hi Jayden!" They squealed as they jumped up and down like wild animals.

"Hi guys. Let's let go of my mate before we break him." I urged as physically pull them off of him and gave them a big hug instead.

"Lani, Leeya, you both are sixteen now, way too grown to be tackling folks." Jonathan chuckled as he walked up to greet us.

"Lil bro, lil man, hope your travels were stress free." He states as he greeted us casually.

"Yeah you guys get here ok?" Ethan asked as he greeted us with bear hugs.

"As stressed free as they could be." Dylan shrugged.

"I have sand in my hair." I grimaced as I looked at my mother who awaited her introduction impatiently.

"Ma, this is—" I began to introduce formally before my mother squealed in excitement and dashed past me.

"Move out of my way Adairis, let me get a good look at him." She urged as she took Dylan's hands into her own.

"Oh you're so handsome dear, like a rare jewel." She complimented genuinely as she took in his eyes and every other wonderful feature about him.

"Thank you Queen Daphné, you're very beautiful too. Far more beautiful in person than any photo has done you justice." He complimented back to which my mother gasped in offense.

He looked around panicked at her reaction before she spoke up again.

"Jayden, tell this man that I'd die of heartbreak if he kept formalities with me." She huffed dramatically as she nudged me in disapproval.

"You can refer to me as Mrs. Beaumont, or just Daphné when you're comfortable." She smiled like fine pearls as she gave him a warm hug.

I saw Dylan tense slightly before he gave her a gentle hug back. Which was hard to do when my mother was wearing a traditional Bahamian dress made for a Queen, dramatic ruffles and all. He gave her a hug regardless and he seemed to relax tenfold with how my mom treated him. My aunt introduced herself as well and the two were practically dousing him in compliments.

"Wow you two really are identical in every way, Mrs. Beaumont. Your personalities are the only thing that set you apart." Dylan states as he continued to chat with them, Gisele and My mom just laughed and fitted over random things before they took notice of his ring. Then that was the next high pitched conversation.

Lots of questions about how I proposed and a ton of questions about rings and other things regarding marriages.

My mom and the girls were really more upset they weren't there to witness it all in person. They were elated nonetheless.

"This is going good. Really good." I noted to Saint who seemed to hum skeptically as he monitored everyone's reactions to our mate. Specifically my father's.

"Gio honey, look how handsome he is. Isn't he handsome? The two look so wonderful together, the Royal painter must be brought in as soon as possible for an engagement portrait don't you—" My mom ranted as she sung our praises before my dad's rough voice cut through the conversation.

"Let us go and eat my dear. We have much to discuss for the upcoming days. Let's not do so in the foyer." He states stoically as he looked at Dylan with little regards and held his hand out for my mother to take it.

She approached with an annoyed look at how he hardened at the news of our engagement but I couldn't bring myself to care. He knew there was no going back, Dylan and I were together and that was final. I don't give a fuck about anything the elders tell him, or shit about the treaty. Maybe he would've taken the news better if he made the fucking effort to get to know Dylan.

But let me not lose my shit right here.

"You okay?" I muttered as I looked down at Dylan who seemed suddenly crawling in his skin.

"He doesn't like me, practically hates me." He whined through the bond as he reached out to squeeze my hand.

I honestly had no idea what my father thought. I was only privy to his thoughts when he was yelling about something I did wrong or nitpicking on the very little I did right. I didn't say anything to Dylan, I just kissed his ring like I always did and guided him through the palace a few paces behind the rest of my family.

Dylan seemed to forget his nerves as we walked through the palace. He was in awe with so many things that I skimmed passed every day.

"Wow those paintings are so gorgeous, and the light fixtures in the hall complimented the vases shimmering at the top of those podiums." He noted in delight as he took in every detail he saw.

I smiled softly at his excitement, but my gut was unsettled at the conversations that awaited us at breakfast.

When we arrived at the dining hall I almost smashed my head into the wall. My mom really had the kitchen staff working double time this morning because the set up was good enough to host a gala.

Tables garnished with our most lavish plates, towers of foods that could probably feed well over two dozen, a violinist playing in the corner and butlers there to serve our food. My mom went overboard, it came from a place of good intentions, but oh goddess did it come off as entitled.

______________________________
The portraits

______________________________
The Dining Hall

______________________________

"Will Kiara or Renaeh be joining us today?" My mother asked Ethan and Jonathan who took their seats by empty spots, seemingly reserved.

"Kiara will be down soon, the baby was kicking up a storm this morning so she's looking for something comfortable to wear." Jo responded as his face warmed at the discussion of his kid.

"Knowing Renaeh she's probably helping her rummage through her closet." Ethan chuckled with the comment. He just shifted in his seat when his mom went on to start talking about grandchildren.

My mother as well.

"How lovely will it be once I'm able to get my hands on some grandkids? I'm gonna spoil them rotten." My mother cooed as she gave my brother an adoring look before turning to look at me.

"Ma, don't even ask us." I said firmly as I held my hand up on behalf of Dylan and I. I wasn't trying to overwhelm him so badly that he'd move out on his first day here. Baby talk at dinner was off the table and that's where it'd stay until further discussion.

"For now I suppose." Saint added mischievously too which I immediately tuned him out. He thought too much about kids for my liking. I was literally in my early twenties, let me settle into the throne before I happily settled into a diaper chair.

My mom pouted like a scolded child before Auntie Giselle cut in with a curious gaze.

"Ethan, grandbabies?" She inquired with a raised brow.

"Ma, you literally have a four year old of your own. Emma is not ready to be an auntie." Ethan tried to add slyly as he pointed to Emma who went about her business demanding orange juice and pancakes like a little tyrant.

The women at the table were too quick to pick that response apart, already bursting into laughter over it.

"I think you mean you're not ready to be a father." Leeya added slickly causing Jonathan to choke out a poorly masked laugh, I turned away to avoid cracking a smile as well.

"Leeya, stay out of grown folks' business." My mom warned sharply before she turned to Ethan with a smirk.

"But she's right dear, that's exactly what you said even if you didn't wanna say it." Aunt Gisele stated as she looked to Emma who was trying her best to cut her own pancakes before Milo lent her a hand.

"You'd make a terrific Auntie, wouldn't you Emma?" She cooed to which Emma ignored and continued stabbing at her eggs.

"I want more syrup!" She shouted, causing the butler closest to her to spring into action and drizzle additional syrup on her plate.

A literal tyrant.

I turned away from the conversation to see Dylan reaching out to serve himself before a butler swooped in to bring the tower of muffins closer to him.

"Thank you, but that's really not necessary." Dylan muttered through a forced smile as he looked up at me.

"You can retire to your post." I said as I dismissed the servant formally to which he bowed then mumbled.

"Yes, my liege."

Dylan sat stiffly at his seat and unfolded the swan folded napkin adorning his plate before laying it on his lap.

He went to reach over for something else before he snapped his fingers and poured the pitcher of lemonade with his magic to which everyone around us froze. Everyone besides Jo, Ethan, and I, as well as their mates that were joining us at a bad time.

"He's a witch?" My dad spoke up as he looked to me in confusion.

"No—" Dylan paused before setting the his food down nervously.

"He's not a witch." I grumbled as I grabbed some food and motioned for a servant to pass me one of the platters across the table.

My dad looked at the pitcher in the air and he tilted his head at my comment as if to say, 'that looks like magic to me?' To which I only cleared my throat and reached for my water glass.

"He's a wolf." Jonathan added nonchalantly to cut through the tension.

"A hybrid?" My mother asked in shock as if this was news.

"He's a tribrid." I corrected causing my father to scoff sarcastically and give me a laugh as if something I said was funny.

"You never told your dad I was a tribrid?" Dylan whispers to me through the bond as he looks at me in disbelief. I could see the hurt etched on his face but before I could respond the room was in chaos.

"You never told him he was a Tribrid?" Ethan and Renaeh and Kiara all chimed in simultaneously. All sporting similar looks of disbelief.

"I've mentioned it, once..." I added as I scratched at my head, poking my fork into my eggs.

I've probably mentioned it more than once if I'm being honest. Goddess knows my dad never bothered to listen so it probably got lost in translation. Or the passing of messages from son to servant to servant to father like a damn game of telephone.

"What's a Tribrid?" Emma asked with a soft voice before my father cut in with this condescending tone.

"One of the rarest beings on the planet, there's only one original in the world and she's not in this room right now. I'd appreciate it if we kept the jokes to a minimum. It's not even noon." My father stated roughly alongside a punched out chuckle as he went on to cut his breakfast.

Dylan pushed his chair back and sprung up in offense, because there were two things that drove him up the wall.

When someone underestimated him, and when someone thought he was lying about his origins slash powers.

"Did he just?" Saint shouted in my head.

"Oh shit. Here we go." I huffed as I thought back to the very few moments of peace I had this morning.

"King Giovanni, I mean this in the most respectful manner but you know nothing about me. You haven't even made the effort to know me over the years despite how desperately my Fiancé wishes you would. I have gone through too much in my life to be taken as a joke. I am a tribrid, and I was trained by the original you speak of." Dylan cut in as he kept his powers in check, trying his hardest to speak with a calm tone as he talked to my father.

Everyone in the room almost lost their shit. I could already see the headlines now when this got into the gossip circle of high society. 'Future Lunos yells at Current King during a peaceful meal,' how fucking scandalous.

Dylan's hands gripped on the edge of table as my father released phenomenal in the air staking his dominance to which I twitched at and was instantly ready to snap at his threat toward my mate.

Dylan was unmoving though, his powers shined in a fiery manner. The platters at the table started to rattle and the staff began shifting at their post, whispering amongst themselves.

His hands were brightening up the room and his eyes glowed red before he calms his nerves and took a breath.

"Thank you so much for the food Daphné, I would like to ensure all is right with my room and hope you all excuse me." He stated plainly as he offered the rest of us a small bow, I tried to reach for his hand he pulled away and walked swiftly out of the room.

Never in our years together did Dylan ever flinch from my touch. To say I was livid was an understatement, and this dumb nigga across from me had the audacity to look shocked.

"Giovanni Leonardo Beaumont, how dare you?!" My mom yelled as she slapped her hand down on the table.

"No, honestly, thank you dad! You've been a real fucking treat this morning." I snarled in a venomous tone as I pulled out my chair and got up to leave.

"Okay, I guess he's a Tribrid. Add that on the list of things Jayden conveniently failed to mention." My dad states causing me to snap my head to him and truly lose the last ounce of patience I had for this man.

"Conveniently failed?! You need a fucking recap of the last five years?" I snapped from where I sat.

"Well, he's a Tribrid, we're engaged, and I fucking love him! You would know all of that if you bothered to acknowledge me. All you know is treaties, treaties, meetings that go on forever. I think you forgot that I never asked to be married off to Aniyah in the first place so let it go already!" I shouted, causing everyone at the table to flinch.

"Jayden—"

"Don't you raise your voice at me! If you knew half of the shit that I do to keep this pack running you would understand my frustration! I work tirelessly because you couldn't man up and take the throne earlier—"

"Giovanni—"

"Man up?! Nah, you don't get to be frustrated when I am the one putting up with your resentment! Your a shit king and and even shittier father." I spat out with venom as I watched the sting etch onto my fathers face.

"Stop it boys! That's enough!" My mom hissed as she snapped her head between the both of us, her eyes glowing golden like rings around Saturn.

"Jayden, go see if he's okay. The rest of you can go as well." My mother told me before she dismissed everyone in the room with a flick of her hand.

I was out before she even finished speaking.

Last time I checked Kings don't get to bestow marriages upon people or mates. So my dad needed to get off his high horse and stop acting like he's a fucking God.

_________

I approached the room across from mine where I knew I'd find him. I was sure he was still there because the staff in charge of unpacking his room were shifting outside his door nervously as loud bangs sounded within.

"Your majesty, the future Lunos, asked we deliver a message to you once you approached, he wished for some time to himself." One of the maids stated as she bowed her head looking at me with a timid expression because I probably smelt as angry as I looked.

"Message noted, you all may attend to your other duties." I murmured as I walked into the room regardless. Ducking my head the second I entered to narrowly miss the dagger that came for my head.

"You know a wolf slower than me wouldn't have dodged that." I grinned as I took in my mates ruffled form. His clothes were long discarded and he was in nothing but one of my shirts as he fitted around the room in a storm of rage.

He quite literally had a storm cloud made of shadows and magic thundering above him.

That was new, and so was the look he met me with.

"You are your father's son. Both of you are infuriating Alphas that can't seem to listen!" Dylan hissed as he sent me a glare that could've killed.

"Damn, he got you there." Saint sighed as he really steeped in the comment.

"Ok.....that stung. And I listen to you Dylan, I just had to make sure you were okay." I replied carefully as I approached him with my arms out.

He turned away from me but still allowed me to embrace him tenderly.

"Jayden, I left my home for you, for your people, and for your family. Even your fucking asshat of a dad, please don't tell me it was a mistake." He begged as he leaned into my arms, allowing me to press kisses onto his head.

"I wish I could Dylan, most of the time I feel as though I don't belong here either." I muttered causing him to shift in my arms and turn to face me.

"Uh oh, what happened?" He whispered as he took in my dejected expression.

"I just got into it with my dad, and honestly I have half the mind to leave with you, if you still wanted to that is."

"No. I'm not running and neither are you." He suddenly switched up like he was giving me a pep talk.

"Oh? What's with the sudden change of heart?" I grinned as he was taking my hands and holding them tight.

"Because you're the man I want to marry. The man I fell in love with. That infuriating alpha I used to know would have smiled in the face of a challenge and absolutely devour that shit." He smiled as he tilted his head to meet my eyes.

"I'm here to support you the same way you supported me in my hardest times. So don't give up, okay? It's definitely rough right now but you are going to make a wonderful king. It's what's in your heart, your destiny." He revealed wholesomely causing me to let go of my nerves and pull him close to me.

"Goddess, you're so perfect. How did I get so lucky?!" I bellowed as I held him in my embrace for a moment longer than necessary.

"I didn't forget the reason why I'm angry at you Adairis." Dylan states with a raised brow and an agitated tone practically giving me whiplash at his switch up.

"What did I do?"

"Not telling your family I'm a tribrid! What the actual fuck Jay? Are you embarrassed of me or something?!" He hissed out as he crossed his arms in anger, literally swatting my hand as I reached over to calm him.

"Don't fucking touch me, I'm mad right now and nothing you say will change t—"

"I didn't want you to be used as some political prop. I know there's been a lot of discussion on how we should proceed with our negotiations now that the treaty's a bust, I didn't want anyone to think that I had won a better prize of a mate because you're a tribrid rather than you being yourself." I explained, still earning looks of distrust from him.

"I promise I told them when I started liking you that you were a hybrid and I'm certain I had mentioned you were a tribrid in passing, but Dylan you've seen my dad. He'll barely lend you an ear if you aren't a councilman across from him in a meeting." I continued to reveal, causing Dylan to sigh loudly and scratch at his chin like I do when I'm stressed.

"Geez, you all need a family therapist or something. I'll see if Lacy wants to come out of retirement cause y'all's communication needs some serious work." He muttered as he went on to walk to the direction of the bathroom.

"Oh, okay.....are we okay?" I asked nervously, not wanting to be on his bad side when he looked so good in my shirt as he walked away.

"Well yeah, get in here I'm running a bath. Plus this tub is huge." He added suggestively as he stood in the doorway of the bathroom, removing button by button till I was dashing in after him, nearly tumbling over my own feet.

____________

"Your mom must've had her hands full with you growing up. You never follow the rules." Dylan muttered tiredly as he allowed me to add in more hot water so the bath didn't cool.

"What? I was an angel, all I do is follow the rules." I chuckled as he shifted on my lap.

"Really? What happened to us remaining in separate rooms?" He whispered in a sly way.

"I'm all for making house calls, you're only right across the hall after all." I smirked in response as I shifted in him, earning a squeak and a smack on my arm.

"You're an absolute dog." He mumbled as he tried his best to pull off of my knot.

"Ow, ow, wait for a few more minutes. Let it go down before you rip the condom." I urged as he huffed and sat back in my lap.

"Well it better go down soon, someone's walking towards our room." He revealed, causing me to look at him in confusion.

"How did you hear t—"

"Super hearing, part of my tribrid abilities. Plus from the heartbeat I can tell it's your mom." He explained as he tapped the edge of the tub like he was bored.

I was practically losing my mind.

"My mom?! Dylan get off, I can't be in here." I hissed as I tried to pull out more urgently.

"I would love to but you're the dumb ass that wouldn't pull out before, so now look at you? Nervous she'll catch you sneaking out or something?"

"No, you don't understand. There are rules to how coronation works. I'm supposed to act like I'm courting you formally before we get married and take the throne. I can't be in here." I mumbled as I heard the taps against the main door get more urgent.

"Jayden you have fucked me silly in every different position over the last few years. I think courting me formally died the first time we—"

"Just warp me out." He begged as the door opened up.

"What?!" Hé shrieked.

"Shhh! Before she walks in on this, just—"

"Oh Dylan dear, are you in the bathroom? I apologize for the intrusion. I just wanted to make sure your okay."

"Yeah, thank you. I'm a little indecent right now but if you wait in the bedroom I can be out in a moment, Mrs. Beaumont." Dylan responded calmly as if he wasn't in the most compromising position ever.

"Okay that's perfect, I'll wait right here." She chirped sweetly, making me feel like a worse dog than before.

"I'll warp you out of here but no promise it will be with your dick." He joked before he snapped his fingers twice.

"Excuse m—"

That was a terrible joke. I was warped into my room wet, soapy, and shivering, but I still had all my appendages.

Yeah, this was gonna be a rough couple of weeks.

To Be Continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82 3 18
Tired of all her sufferings, she's a girl who escaped her pack to start over and hopefully find her mate. will she be able to do it? ...
20.3K 631 26
One wintery night, (y/n) was left alone in the snow when she was just a little pup as her mother was killed and her father was nowhere in sight. It w...
459K 22.5K 104
It was supposed to be an easy job. Get the phone and run like hell. Make a few hundred bucks for food, a nice hot shower, and a warm bed to sleep in...
281K 14.1K 83
The first time I cut myself and I saw that my blood was purple I wasn't concerned, but then when my Nanny cut herself and her blood was red. I was co...