Pokemon: Dreams Come True

By WellThisIsPointless

The Sinnoh region holds many tales about the great and beautiful Cynthia, the reigning Champion. She was reno... More

Prologue: Why I Hate Them
Chapter 1: Rejection
Chapter 2: Terror
Chapter 3: Rekindle
Chapter 4: True Beginning
Chapter 5: Moment of Truth
Chapter 6: New Trainer
Chapter 7: A Journey
Chapter 8: Conflict
Chapter 9: Trouble in Viridian Forest
Chapter 10: Two Siblings
Chapter 11: Catching Ralts Part 1
Chapter 12: Catching Ralts Part 2
Chapter 13: A Heartfelt Discussion
Chapter 14: Pewter City, At Last
Chapter 15: Pewter City Gym Part 1
Chapter 16: Pewter City Gym Part 2
Chapter 17: The Thing I Wanted To Forget
Chapter 18: Aerodactyl's Rage
Chapter 19: Mega Bonds
Chapter 20: Ass Ketchup
Chapter 21: Ambiguous
Chapter 22: Showdown at Mount Moon
Chapter 23: Bitter Hatred
Chapter 24: Misty Waters
Chapter 26: Gym Battle of the Crashing Wave
Chapter 27: Path to Vermillion
Chapter 28: The Hunt
Chapter 29: For Hire
Chapter 30: Surging Gym Battle
Chapter 31: The Dawn of a New Beginning
Chapter 32: Eerie Whispers
Chapter 33: Colossal Problems
Chapter 34: Chills
Chapter 35: Ghostly Chaos
Chapter 36: What Once Was
Chapter 37: Unwelcome Reunion
Chapter 38: Spectacle
Chapter 39: Darken
Chapter 40: Hail the Nightmare
Chapter 41: Vali Hates His Life
Chapter 42: Ferocious Hatchling and Overgrown Gym Battle
Chapter 43: Remembrance
Chapter 44: Remembrance Part 2
Chapter 45: Miracles of Evolution
Chapter 46: Rift
Chapter 47: Underground City
Chapter 48: Discovery
Chapter 49: Shadow Garden
Chapter 50: Growth
Chapter 51: Bounty Hunter
Chapter 52: Piece of the Puzzle
Chapter 53: Toxic Gym Battle

Chapter 25: Revenge Seeker

742 19 49
By WellThisIsPointless

Amina's POV

The night's cold bite engulfed me as I tore through the forest, intent on escaping my pursuer, Absol running alongside me. I dodged trees and branches, my heart pounding as I was ever aware of the sound of running from behind me.

"Manectric, Discharge!" the teal-haired girl yelled behind me. I felt the charge of ozone and reacted.

"Absol, Shadow Claw!"

"Ab!" Absol jumped and raised a massive claw made of shadows, batting away the Discharge effortlessly.

"Wild Charge!"

"Detect and Night Slash!"

Manectric covered itself in an aura of crackling volts of energy, charging at Absol while glowering furiously.

Absol, on the other hand, was about to dodge it, but electricity covered him, making him freeze in place. He had gotten paralyzed by Manectric's Ability, Static, after he made physical contact with it. I could return him, but then Manectric would be able to paralyze me. The only reason that girl had caught up to us was because Absol was half as fast as usual due to paralysis.

Manectric rammed into Absol, crackling with electricity. The latter got knocked backward, gritting his teeth as he registered the pain inflicted on him.

I had underestimated Manectric; it managed to take down my Dragonite and paralyzed her. I was seriously in a tight spot.

"Shit," I cursed.

The teal-haired girl smirked and stopped in front of us, Manectric next to her while tensing its legs in anticipation.

We had no choice, we had to fight. I held my ground and glared at the girl, Absol by my side once more.

"Nowhere to run, eh?" she mused coolly. "Let's settle this in a good ol' Pokemon Battle."

"Fine," I spat. "Absol, Night Slash."

Absol stared at me for a second, and then nodded, running at Manectric with his scythe-horn being engulfed with darkness.

"Manectric, Discharge!"

Manectric barked and released a shockwave of pure electricity.

Absol suddenly canceled his move and used Detect, jumping over the Discharge and raising his scythe-horn.

The girl's eyes widened. "That was your plan, then," she said, mildly impressed.

"Night Slash!"

Absol was already upon Manectric before it could react, with the former charging up a super-powerful Night Slash.

"Don't let it! Crunch!"

Manectric revealed its fangs, which became covered in dark energy, but it was too slow. Absol slashed wildly at its legs, injuring them while making it fall down. Manectric cried in pain as it went down.

"Damn it, Manectric," the girl said worriedly, running to her partner, checking its injuries.

I took that as the cue to run, holding Absol's Poke Ball out. "Return!" I returned him to the Poke Ball.

The girl called out to me as I began to sprint, "You won, I'll admit it! But you won't escape justice for long!"

She could have run after me, but she decided that her partner's injuries were more important and began to tend to them.

"justice, yeah right," I scoffed. The girl was supposed to be a fledgling officer, didn't she know that she had to chase me and worry about her partner later? Idiot.

When I thought I ran far enough I brought out Dragonite and grabbed a Full Restore from my bag and sprayed it on her, rejuvenating her while healing her injuries and paralysis.

She flinched as the Full Restore stung her.

"I know, Dragonite, but we really got to run!" I apologized and got on her. "Let's go, quick!"

"Nite," she said affirmatively and took off, leaving Cerulean City far behind.

"I failed," I muttered, "but father said to never come back until I succeeded in the mission, so I can try as many times as I needed to."

I wouldn't give up, because I knew that if I failed... a fate worse than death was awaiting me.

Vali's POV

I was sitting on the top bunk, as I usually did when we used a Pokemon Center room, fiddling with my Rotom Phone. I decided that it was finally time to check out the options that it had. Professor Oak had sent me a message regarding the various apps and settings that the Rotom Phone had, so that it could convenience its Trainer.

As I scrolled, something caught my eye.

"The Rotom Phone has an A.I function?" I wondered loudly. Eevee shot a curious look at the Rotom Phone.

"It does?" Trinity said from the bottom bunk, who was also tinkering with her Rotom Phone. She stood on her bunk and looked over the railing.

"Let's see what it does," I said, curious. I turned on the A.I function and immediately almost dropped the Rotom Phone as eyes opened from the top, and then the phone itself began to float in front of me.

My Rotom Phone glared at me. "Oh, would you look at that? The dumbass finally decided to turn on the A.I function. Are you fucking old? How did you just find out about that option?"

I was genuinely dumbfounded. Trinity was the same way.

"That's right, gape like a little bitch. So why did you decide to wake me up now? Do you want me to give you the most pointless information so that you look like a dumbass for not knowing? Huh?"

I snapped out of my confusion and glared at the Rotom Phone, "Oh, shut up, you're my fucking slave. You work for me."

"I don't work for bitches like you that forget about the Rotom that inhabits his phone!" Rotom yelled.

"Grow up, you little bitch. Cry about it, I'm still your Trainer, so you have to do what I say."

"I'll pull up your fucking history unless you apologize."

"Aww, are your feelings hurt?" I said with a voice you use with a baby. "And what if I download a fucking virus on you? What are you going to do about that?" I suddenly yelled.

Rotom became nervous, "Wait, no, no, no, no! You don't have to do that!"

I grinned evilly. "What do you want, a MEMZ virus? What about Bonzi Buddy?"

Rotom became stricken with fear, "No, not Bonzi Buddy! Anything but Bonzi Buddy!"

"Then behave, you piece of shit!" I snapped.

"Fine!" Rotom glared at me once more before he shut off.

I took a deep breath, calming myself down. "Of course I got the shitty Rotom."

Trinity looked at me, a drop of nervous sweat trickling down her face. "Let me try mine," she said and proceeded to turn on her Rotom Phone's A.I.

Her Rotom Phone began to float, and a pair of eyes opened. "Hello, Trinity, I have been waiting patiently for you to turn me on," it said pleasantly.

"Are you fucking serious?! You get the good one?"

Trinity couldn't help but laugh, "Hello, Rotom."

"Hello! What may I assist you with?" it said politely.

She shook her head, "Nothing for right now, I just wanted to test out the setting."

"Well, if you change your mind, just ask," then the eyes closed again.

"I hate my life," I grumbled.

Trinity smirked and shrugged, "It fits—you're an asshole, and your Rotom is an asshole."

I glared at her and put my Rotom Phone in my pocket. I was about to speak when suddenly I felt Ralts's Poke Ball shake. Without warning, she got out and was standing on my bed.

"Ralts? What's up?" I said, calming down.

"Ralts," she said, looking curiously in every direction, before settling her gaze on the window. She seemed to be sensing something.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Ralts!" she said to me, pointing at the window.

"Is there something out there?"

She nodded.

"Should we check it out?" Trinity asked.

"I guess," I shrugged.

Ralts suddenly jumped down from the bed and looked at me from below, pointing at the door, beckoning me to follow her. "Ralts!"

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" I said and hurriedly climbed down the ladder, Eevee jumping on my shoulder, also curious.

Ralts immediately ran to the door and used Confusion to open it, running out as soon as it was open.

"Ralts, wait for us!" I took off running after her.

"Come on, Pikachu!" I heard Trinity say as she ran after us.

Ralts didn't wait for us; she continued running, only looking back to see if I was following or not. What could have possibly set her off?

People eyed us as we ran through the Pokemon Center door, running to the nearby woods that was right next to our window.

"What are you looking for, Ralts?" I asked after we ran in silence for five minutes. How could she have so much energy? She didn't look tired at all from all that running.

Suddenly, Ralts stopped and looked at me. "Ralts!" she said frantically, pointing at to our right.

I looked where she was pointing. "What are you looking at— Oh shit."

Leaning on a tree was a strange round pastel pink Pokemon with a hat that I'd never seen before. It had an anxious look as it looked around, as if it was waiting for something.

"Look at that," I told Trinity, who looked at where I was looking.

"I've never seen that Pokemon,' Trinity frowned. Pikachu sniffed the air. "It's waiting for something... what if it's abandoned?"

"Abandoned?" I took another glance. Maybe it was waiting for someone. "Maybe it is."

"Rotom," I said, "what Pokemon is that?" The strange Pokemon didn't notice us.

Rotom opened its eyes and glared. "You don't need to wake me up, asshole, you can scan it yourself."

"Yeah, but I asked you, dipshit. Tell me, what Pokemon is that?" I shot back.

"Look it up you fu—"

"I'll download ILOVEYOU if you don't shut the fuck up and do what I tell you to do," I warned.

"N-No, don't do that. Uh... Ahem. Hatenna, the Calm Pokemon. If this Pokemon senses a strong emotion, it will run away as fast as it can. It prefers areas without people."

"A Hatenna, huh?" I muttered, looking at its data. "Oh, it's a she."

"That's because it's a female-only species, dumbass—"

I shut Rotom off and shook my head. "I should smash this phone and see what happens," I said menacingly.

Trinity flinched slightly at my expression, then calmed herself down just as quickly.

"Ralts!" Ralts continued to point at Hatenna.

"What? You want us to help her?" I asked.

Ralts nodded frantically.

"Let's wait a while—her Trainer will probably come shortly."

She looked at me impatiently and sighed.

I looked at the Pokedex entry once more and realized something. "Why the hell does the entry show that Hatenna is supposed to be a different color? She's pastel pink, but it shows here that she's supposed to be blue, pink, and white, so what's up?"

"Different color?" Trinity questioned over my shoulder, "does it have anything to do with the lights on the back of our hands?"

"I don't think so, no."

"Hang on, what is this sparkle symbol here?"

"Which one?" I looked at where Trinity indicated. There was a white sparkle under the picture of Hatenna. "What does this mean? Rotom?"

Rotom once again glared at me. "You put me to sleep just wake me up again? Search it up you dickhead!"

"Just tell me, you're being as fucking useless as a Windows XP!"

"See that sparkle?" Rotom said irritably, a hand made out of blue lightning materializing from its left side, pointing at it. "That means that the Pokemon is shiny, which is very fucking rare."

"A shiny? Someone abandoned a damn shiny?" I said, awestruck.

"They're still not as retarded as you," Rotom retorted.

"Just shut the fuck up," I turned it off and took a deep breath. "I have the shittiest Rotom ever."

"I have the shittiest Train—" I turned it off before it could finish its sentence.

"Can you shut up?!" I hissed.

"You really need to work it out with that Rotom," Trinity shook her head.

"I don't have to work out anything," I grumbled.

We waited five more minutes, seeing if Hatenna's Trainer would come back. When they didn't, were about to approach her, but Trinity gasped.

"I think that's his Trainer!"

"Where?" I looked in the direction she was looking at.

A guy with dark skin, spiky black hair, and black eyes was walking toward Hatenna. He wore a black leather jacket over a white shirt, black pants, and he wore a chain necklace the color of amethyst. He looked about sixteen-ish.

But damn was he a tall motherfucker.

Next to him was a green-skinned Pokemon with dark purple hair covering its entire body. It towered over all of us, even the Trainer.

Hatenna's hat suddenly perked up and looked at the guy with wide eyes. She let out a very happy, "Tenna!" and ran to the guy, hugging his leg joyfully.

The Trainer looked at her with an emotionless gaze...

...and kicked her.

"I guess you didn't get the memo," the Trainer said in a deep voice, "I thought it was obvious that I didn't want you."

Hatenna looked at him with a distraught look, beginning to shake as pain marred her features. "Hat..." she said in a pained manner, walking to her Trainer.

"Now get out of my sight, or just die, I don't care," the Trainer said cruelly, raising his leg slightly in a threatening manner.

Hatenna jumped back, gazing at the ground with that same, sad look.

She then began to cry.

That was when indignation filled through my body, threatening to explode like a volcano. I gritted my teeth and stormed up to him. "Hey, what the fuck are you doing? Why did you kick her you asshole! She's just happy to see her Trainer!"

The guy looked at me with a dark look. "Who the hell are you? This is none of your fucking business. This Hatenna is the weakest Pokemon I've ever seen, who wouldn't abandon her? I'm just doing her a favor and not getting her hopes up."

"Doing her a favor?" I said menacingly. "When a Pokemon is weak, you train them to be strong."

"What if a Pokemon just can't grow strong?"

"Then maybe it's just you. You're the piece of shit, not Hatenna."

Why was I mad at him? That's easy—this wasn't something I could ignore. When a Pokemon is weak, don't abandon it, help it so that it could prove itself to everyone who doubted it—make it strong, goddamnit. The asshole couldn't get away with this.

The Trainer glowered at me with a murderous look. "Who the fuck do you think you are?"

"I'm Vali, a Trainer like you."

"I'm Grim, a Trainer that only catches strong Pokemon—" he looked at Eevee and Ralts "—and yours look weak."

"Ralts," Ralts said in a dark, terrifying voice.

"Eevee," Eevee glared, her eyes glowing... golden? What the...

"Let's have a battle then," I suggested, glaring at him with such intensity that anyone else would have ran away in fear. I put every ounce of hatred into my gaze, feeling a sense of bloodlust unlike anything I'd ever felt before.

Grim flinched slightly, but quickly regained his composure. "I don't have time to waste on weaklings like you."

"You're just scared," I yawned, pissing Grim off.

"Maybe when you're stronger—which isn't possible, by the way, 'cause you're not worth my time," he shot back.

He looked at Trinity and grinned, "What about you bitch? Are you going to stand there or are you going to say something? I know how much you hate me—I can feel it."

Trinity glared at him and walked to my side. "You're an asshole, you know that?"

Grim gave her a once over and whistled, "Wow, why is a hottie you hanging out with this loser? He's nothing but a weakling."

"But he can kick your ass," Trinity retorted with a smirk.

Grim began to glare loftily. "You two just aren't worth my time. Come on Grimmsnarl," he said and turned away, glaring at Hatenna who tried to approach him again.

"Tenna," Hatenna said timidly, backing away in fear.

"Get the fuck away from me you useless sack of shit!" he snapped and kicked her again for good measure.

"Snarl," Grimmsnarl snickered as it walked past Hatenna, making fun of her.

Hatenna looked down again, tears once again flowing out of her.

I looked at Hatenna, and made up my mind; I knew what I had to do.

"Hey Grim!" I yelled as he walked away. "I'll fucking show you, you sick bastard. I'll destroy you one day," I said with a challenging glare.

Grim looked at me with an equal amount of hatred. "You'll never catch up to me."

"We'll see."

"Ralts," Ralts glared at Grimmsnarl determinately, who stared at her back with annoyance.

The four of us held our gaze for five more seconds, then Grim gritted his teeth and walked away.

I sighed, clenching my teeth in anger. "I'll destroy him, mark my words," I said softly.

"How do you plan to do that?" Trinity asked.

I grinned maliciously, "By beating him with the same Pokemon he abandoned. I want to help her."

"You don't mean—"

"You know exactly what I mean," I looked at Ralts, who looked back at me. We nodded to each other.

I walked to Hatenna, who was still crying, and knelt down to her level. "Hey, don't cry."

"Tenna..." Hatenna looked up at me. Her eyes were covered, but that expression of sorrow was not lost on me.

"Do you hate him?" I asked softly.

"Hat?" Hatenna looked at me, confused. She looked down and thought about it for a second, then looked back at me. "Tenna..." she nodded sadly.

"Do you want revenge?" I asked her with a serious tone.

Hatenna looked at me with what I assumed was a wide-eyed look. I saw a myriad of emotions display on her face; fear, sadness, confusion, anger... and the burning hot emotion that is hatred. It was so strong that even Ralts sensed it, but she didn't look unnerved, Ralts instead looked grim.

"Hatenna!" Hatenna said with fire, her voice tinged with the desire for revenge; her hurt was perfectly clear. She felt the desire to make Grim pay. Her want to destroy the Trainer who abused her was palpable.

I held out a Poke Ball and looked at her with the same fiery look. "Then join me, and we'll show that fucking asshole that you are strong. And he'll regret abandoning you because we will kick his ass, mark my fucking words."

Hatenna looked at the Poke Ball, then to Ralts, then back to me.

"Ralts," Ralts said encouragingly.

"Eevee," Eevee said, her expression holding the same fire that Ralts and Hatenna were displaying.

"We'll all help you. We won't lose."

Hatenna looked at me for a second and then smiled. "Hatenna!" she said happily and jumped at me, hitting the Poke Ball, which sucked her in.

Ding the Poke Ball clicked, indicating her capture.

I smiled and threw her out. "Hatenna!"

"Then we're going to train nonstop, we'll prove him wrong," I assured.

"Tenna!" Hatenna agreed with a determined look.

"Guys, meet the new member of the team," I said.

"Eevee!"

"Ralts!"

My other Pokemon cheered her on, excited to have her on the team. I was also excited; we were going to grow strong, we had to be if we wanted to achieve our goals. My underdogs were going to show the world that they aren't to be fucked with. We were going to get our revenge on them all.

I felt our vindictive desires become one, forming an inexplicable, unbreakable bond that transcended emotions and thoughts. And those who joined us would join that network of hopes and dreams.

"Then first thing in the morning, we challenge the gym," I said sternly.

They nodded eagerly.

Ralts walked to Hatenna, smiling. "Ralts," she said kindly.

"Hatenna!" Hatenna smiled and began to talk to Ralts, who began a conversation with her.

I smiled at them, they seemed like good friends already. After all, Ralts was the one who felt her first.

"Alright, I'm glad you two are getting along, but we should rest now," I returned Ralts and Hatenna to their Poke Balls after they talked for a little bit..

"Ready for tomorrow, partner?" I said to Eevee.

"Vee!" she grinned.

"Great," I smiled.

Trinity, who was staying silent the entire time, finally decided to speak. "You're going to kick his ass, Val, I know you will."

"Yeah, and I'll also kick yours," I grinned playfully.

"Oh, you wish."

"Pika!" Pikachu said to Eevee, showing his competitiveness.

"Eevee!" Eevee said, accepting the challenge.

We went back to the Pokemon Center and got ready for bed. We had our Gym Battle the next morning, so we needed to get as much rest as we could get.

I was scrolling through my Rotom Phone on the top bunk, until a notification popped up, displaying a message from someone.

"Who's sending me a message?" I muttered.

It was from my dad. I wondered why he was writing to me so late. Had something happened?

I read the message and became confused.

"Son... you should really see this. They found out about... you'll know what I mean, just watch."

What is he talking about? I thought, clicking the link that he sent me, having a bad feeling for whatever reason.

It was a news story.

"For our latest story, the son of the Sinnoh Champion Cynthia Shirona, Vali Shirona, is reported to have caused the Ursaring attack about a month ago in Viridian's Pokemon School. We have received an eyewitness report by Vali's classmate, Gabriel Kanna, the son of Kanto Elite Four Lorelei," the news anchor said. "We have a recording from Gabriel, telling us not only about the Ursaring attack, but also Vali's concerning behavior."

The news station began to show a video of Gabriel, who had a look of false panic. "The Ursaring was following Vali. He was harassing me and got mad at me and then led that Ursaring to me, and it attacked me. I almost died there.

Gabriel shook his head. "I'm surprised. He has always been bullying and harassing me, but I never thought he would actually try to kill me. But what I'm really scared about is him traveling with my sister. I think he's blackmailing her into being his traveling partner. He also has a reputation for hating Pokemon and he recently became a Pokemon Trainer, but I think he's manipulating his Pokemon."

The scene went back to the news anchor. "There you have it, folks. What you have just witnessed was the plight of a boy who has been tormented by another boy. To think that Vali would move to Kanto from Sinnoh just to cause damage to others."

"We've actually done some digging on Vali Shirona and have found out that he's been expelled from the Celadon City Pokemon School for hospitalizing a quarter of the school. He has a violent tendency and a short temper, it seems."

"But the real question is: why is the son of the Sinnoh Champion Cynthia acting like this? And what is his mother going to do about it? Is Vali a troubled teen, or is he just misunderstood? And what will come of his poor Pokemon? We'll keep you updated as we get more information. That's all the news for today—"

I turned off the video, my hands shaking. For the second time that night, rage filled my veins, beckoning me to give up control and let go.

I knew Trinity was listening, I heard her stir as she clenched her bedsheets in anger.

"What the hell does Gabriel think he's playing at?" Trinity seethed. "Does he think this is funny? He's trying to ruin to life!"

"..."

Trinity eyed me cautiously, looking at me from over the bed railing.

"Vee?" Eevee said, staring at me worriedly.

"Guess there's no end to the number of assholes I have to deal with," I growled menacingly. "Then I'll have to show them all to never piss me off."

"Val—" I cut Trinity off.

I resisted the urge to snap at her, and instead said with a sigh, "I need some fresh air. No, please don't come Eevee," I said to Eevee as she began to follow me down from the bunk bed.

"Eevee..." she said softly.

"I need some alone time."

Without another word, I walked out of the Pokemon Center.

I sat down in front of the Pokemon Center, shaking in anger. The inner turmoil I've been desperately trying to withhold finally burst out of me. My dark thoughts ran rampant, and my rage was once again beckoning me to act on it—to achieve catharsis.

They hated me—all of them!

I've been scorned for years. And I hated them all back.

The only thing I cared about was my Pokemon.

I hated the people who fucked with me.

I was going to—

My thoughts subsided as my Rotom Call began to vibrate. With a heaving sigh, I pulled it out and checked the notification.

It was a call from my dad. I picked it up, worried about what he was going to say.

"Hey son, how are you... feeling?"

"I... Not good," I admitted.

He chuckled mirthlessly. "I would be if I were you."

"So... why did you call?"

"Because I wanted to give you words of comfort."

"Thanks... I really need it."

My dad earnestly chuckled. "You wouldn't say that in front of anyone but me, would you?"

I cracked a small smile. "You're right, I wouldn't."

"Just remember, son, that from here on out, you'll have to earn your own reputation. They'll look at you with eyes full of scorn, but you have to take it all with indifference. Prove to them that you aren't some delinquent—that your past doesn't matter. Because you're an underdog, and underdogs have to prove themselves. You know that, right?"

I clenched my fist, absorbing what I'd been told. Heh, my dad really understands, doesn't he? He knew exactly the words I wanted to hear. They hated me, and I hated them back, but...

"Then I need to show those bastards that I'm better than them," I concluded with a grim smile.

I could almost feel my dad smirking. "Exactly. Destroy those assholes, and show the world that Vali Shirona is the best."

"And no piece of shit will stand in my way."

"By the way, Vali, has anything... happened?" he said in a delicate tone, and I instantly knew what he was talking about.

I sighed and said, "Dad, it's happened again."

"...I see. And have you taken your pills?"

"No!" I said, "I hate taking them."

"But you have to," he said sternly, "until you can rein your feelings in. Do you understand? You have to take them."

"But—"

"Am I understood?"

"...Fine," I said bitterly.

"Good. You should rest now, son."

"How can I sleep with these thoughts?"

"Just go to sleep."

"Alright, fine," I submitted.

"Then good night, son, and don't forget..."

"Right, love you dad."

"Love you too," he hung up.

I stared at the night sky, admiring the fluorescence of the stars. I noticed that the moon twinkled with pink light. I blinked, and the light wasn't there anymore. I must have imagined it.

Then the light appeared once again, and at that moment it struck me how familiar it was. Where had I seen it?

The light faded once again, and the impenetrable dusk of night engulfed everything in its wake anew, making me feel a slight twitch of loneliness. The sight left me awestruck, making me miss the transient of whatever appeared before me.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a small pink sparkle that slowly descended toward me. I squinted and realized what it was.

It was a feather—but it twinkled with dazzling light. It was in the shape of a crescent moon and was moon-like golden. It sparkled with otherworldly light, bringing me a sense of childlike joy that I haven't experienced since I became a Pokemon Trainer.

It fell in my hands and I continued to stare at it breathlessly. It glowed with pink light, and then the light went out.

"No, it can't be..." I muttered as I realized what it was.

"There's no way..." Memories rushed through my mind as an epiphany came to be. I saw...

A pink Pokemon looked at me with a happy expression... a kind-looking face beamed at me... a pink light engulfed me and gave me a sense of warmth... the kind-looking face was gone, and was replaced by the backs of two people as they left us... a—

I forced the memories out of my mind, feeling a familiar bubbling of rage as they did. Without knowing, I clenched my hand around the feather, seething internally.

Remembering my father's words, I stopped and closed my eyes, breathing in and out in an effort to calm myself down. When my ire abated slightly, I opened my eyes and looked at the feather once again.

I slipped the silver feather out of my pocket and compared it.

"They look way different," I muttered. They definitely weren't connected, that much was obvious. But who do they belong to? Which two Pokemon dropped them? Questions lingered in my mind even as I stood up and was about to walk back to the Pokemon Center.

"There's no use thinking about it," I said, slipping both feathers in my pocket.

I looked around me suspiciously, but saw nobody in the vicinity. I could only hope that I was wrong about the yellow feather...

Calming myself down, I turned back and walked back into the Pokemon Center.

Somewhere near...

The blonde-haired woman with the black dress emerged from the trees, smirking slightly as she saw the boy walk back into the Pokemon Center.

"So that's where Cresselia was?" she mused. "He seems to be putting two and two together."

A pink flash of light erupted from next to her. She didn't react with surprise, instead she simply averted her eyes until the light faded.

Cresselia appeared, looking at her with jubilant eyes. "Cress!" she said happily.

The woman smiled vaguely and rubbed Cresselia on the head. "He's aware of us, or he could simply just be suspicious, you aren't the only Cresselia out there. But it will be better if we just watch from afar, alright? No more risks."

"Cress," Cresselia obeyed with slight disappointment.

"Alright, partner, let's go and get some rest. This region is so boring—there's no interesting history around here, I hope we get out of here as quickly as possible," she said glumly.

"Selia," Cresselia agreed and followed her as she walked back into the forest, the darkness swallowing them as every trace that they were there disappeared.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Uh oh, Vali is angry again.

Yeah, his rage is slowly growing as time goes by. The transgressions he has faced are very much making him go back to his old self. In the beginning he wasn't as angry or annoyed by everyone as he is now. But, as some of you have probably noticed, he has been acting more irritably than before. Before he felt indifferent to everyone else, but now he's expressing his hatred more than ever.

Anyways, I have a question for you all: are you guys as sad as me that Ash is leaving the anime? I found out when it was first announced and that really hit me hard. This dude has been a huge part of my childhood, no matter how stupid he is sometimes. He really is at the same level of iconic as, say, Shonen protagonists.

Well, as always, I would like to ask: do you guys have any suggestions for Pokemon, locations, or characters that would like to appear in the future? I want to know how I could make this story the best it can possibly be. So feedback from fans of my story would be great.

The recaps don't really seem necessary, so I'll stop doing them (unless you guys want me to).

Also, Grim wasn't talking out of his ass, he would seriously kick Vali's ass.

LMAO I saw this the day after I posted the last chapter. I checked the most recently updated Pokemon fanfiction and laughed so hard. It's such a coincidence but it makes so much sense.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 6.4K 60
After travelling back to Kanto from a long holiday with his Mom, Ash finds all of his friends in the Kanto region. They all meet and discover a tourn...
109K 4K 80
A 10-year-old boy, with a goal to become a Pokemon Champion, sets out on a journey across the Kanto Region. A journey charged with friendships, fun...
23.8K 1.1K 42
Its a story about a boy Ash ketchum, who became the best of all in every field from the start he will be the very best. Its an ash x harem story. pok...
66.7K 842 47
Ash has finally arrived in a new region ready to win more badges and leagues hopefully.But soon he discovers new joy in joining Pokemon school. Follo...