𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞➳𝐟.𝗼.➳

By smokinhot_

BEING EDITED ➳➳➳ "A true friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes while everyone else believes the sm... More

~Characters~
𝟶𝟷 - 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝟶𝟸 - 𝙰𝚍𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚍
𝟶𝟹 - 𝙰𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜
𝟶𝟺 - 𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜
𝟶𝟻 - 𝚅𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚅𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛
𝟶𝟼 - 𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚜
𝟶𝟽 - 𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚃𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝟶𝟾 - 𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎
𝟶𝟿 - 𝙳𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙴𝚢𝚎𝚜
𝟷𝟶 - 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙵𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜
𝟷𝟷 - 𝙻𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚈𝚘𝚞
𝟷𝟸 - 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙰𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚊
𝟷𝟹 - 𝙰𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎
𝟷𝟺 - 𝚁𝚊𝚒𝚗
A/N
𝟷𝟻 - 𝚉𝚒𝚘𝚗
𝟷𝟼- 𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎
𝟷𝟽 - 𝙰𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙰𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙰𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗
𝟷𝟾 - 𝚂𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍
𝟷𝟿 - 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚙 𝙾𝚏 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚊𝚢
𝟸𝟶 - 𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝙲𝚛𝚢
𝟸𝟷 - 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝
𝟸𝟸 - 𝟹 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛
𝟸𝟹 - 𝚀𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚀𝚞𝚎𝚕𝚕
𝟸𝟺 - 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚜
𝟸𝟻 - 𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚞𝚋𝚎
𝟸𝟼 - 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝙴𝚢𝚎𝚜 𝙾𝚗 𝚈𝚘𝚞
𝟸𝟽 - 𝙰𝚍𝚖𝚒𝚛𝚎
𝟸𝟾 - 𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍
𝟸𝟿 - 𝚅𝚘𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜
𝟹𝟶 - 𝙷𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚏𝚝
𝟹𝟷 - 𝙼𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜

𝟹𝟸 - 𝚁𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚞𝚎

311 8 1
By smokinhot_

Song - Rescue by Lauren Daigle

~Tess's POV~

After the long interview I was given, I was rushed off and thrown back to August where he gave me back my old pillow case and wiped off my makeup. My hair was let down and brushed, but that was it. August stared deep into my soul but, again, didn't say anything.

I was then escorted back to that horrible place with my old friends and sister. I was separated from all of them, and placed in what looked like a pristine, white shower. I sat there for what seemed like hours, but then I was awoken when I heard the familiar beep of the door.

A bunch of soldiers dressed in black barged into the room, and started pick locking the cells.

~Finnick's POV~

After Katniss's small outburst, they called me out to "distract" everyone in the Capitol because they were rescuing Tessa, Annie, Johanna, and Peeta.

"Take your time, just remember to keep talking, and don't stop," Cressida told me as I stood on the rocks in front of the entrance to District 13.

"This is Finnick Odair, winner of the 65th hunger games, I'm coming to you from District 13 alive and well. We survived an assault from to Capitol, but I'm not here to give you recent news." I stopped for a second.

"Instead, I'm gonna tell you about the truth, not the myths of our life of luxury." I continue.

"President Snow used to...sell me...my body, that is. I wasn't the only one. If a victor is considered desirable, the president gives them as a reward or allows people to buy them for an exorbitant amount of money. If you refuse, he kills someone you love. So you do it."

I explain to the camera, hoping this is showing in Panem so everyone can know the truth.

"I wasn't the only one, but Tess and I were the most popular. And perhaps the most defenseless, because the people we loved were so defenseless. To make themselves feel better, my patrons would make presents of money or jewelry, but Tessa never received that. She got gifts that would guarantee me or Annie would live. And I found a much more valuable form of payment. Secrets." I say, explaining everything down to the finest detail.

All while telling this, I couldn't stop thinking about how I had to keep going. For Tessa and Annie and Johanna and Peeta.

After the interview I gave, I waited patiently for my loved ones to return. I sat in my room, tying the last few knots my rope could hold. That's when Plutarch came in and told me they were here. I raced down to the medical center and saw Katniss there.

I looked around, and there she was. There was my Tessa. She was sitting on a hospital bed, but when she saw me, she jumped up and ran for me.

"Finnick! Finnick!" She jumped into my arms, I'd never been happier than at that moment. She was safe and we were together after being apart for so long. I was so happy that I got to be with her, I was so grateful that she was in my arms.

I kissed her with the most passion I'd ever felt, like I needed her more than life. She is my life. She is the most important person in my world, and here she is. Wrapped in my arms where she belongs. She belongs with me, and I belong with her.

She was rescued.

Word Count
{595}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 178 29
ೃ༄ 𝐊𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐏𝐒𝐈𝐀 🔱🌊˚◞♡ ﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌ * ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ☁️ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲, training the kids from your district, as a...
244K 6.4K 68
❝Welcome to hell! Tell me, how does it feel to be Snow's new puppets?❞ ➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳ A Victor's child is probably the most prestigious title anyone...
12.3K 344 39
*Third Book in my Arrows In the Dark Series* "I never loved you." "I hate you! I hate you Catora!" "Why'd you do it? Why did you kill me?" "Catora! C...
20K 545 53
❝Who are you? Who 𝘢𝘮 I?❞ ✑✑✑✑ All tributes know when and how they get in the Arena. The Victor, however, never knows when or how they get out. Not...