Coworkers~Five Hargreeves

By Foundling_Leon

Hugo Miller has been working for the commission since he was a teenager. When the Handler brought Five Hargre... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
PART TWO
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Nineteen

222 5 0
By Foundling_Leon

Once we got to the to the gala I looked at the building where people dressed up went in and out. These people are gonna make Diego look like a hobo.

Five parked the car farther from the other cars. We got out of the car and had to walk the rest of the way. We would look over the top of the cars and we crouched behind an old car.

"So what's the plan?" Lila asked.

"We infiltrate, we identify, and we extract. Double time." Diego said.

"What the hell is her talking about?" Lila asked Five as he came up to the car with me following.

"Find the old man and get out, fast." Five explained.

"That's what I said. On me." Diego said moving through the parking lot ducking behind other old car.

"After you two." Lila said moving her hands forward. But me and Five didn't move.

"What? Can't I be polite?" Lila asked.

"Cut the crap alright. My dim witted brother may buy your bullshit, but we don't trust you for a second." Five said glancing at me.

"And stay away from Lisa. You don't lay a damn finger on her." I added in, I didn't want to lose her like I lost Ruby.

"O ye little faiths." Lila said.

"Stick it up your ass." Five bit back.

Lila smirked and rolled her eyes. She followed Diego to the next car.

"You really think she would hurt Lisa?" I asked wondering if she really would.

"I don't know. But I am sure you don't want to lose her, after whag happened Ruby." Five said giving a small smile before he followed Lila. I followed behind the two, I didn't think Five remember my story of Ruby.

We sneak through a side door that I unlocked for them. We merged into the crowd, I look at all the nicely dressed people. I remember when Miles looked this nice for his prom night.

"I don't see dad anywhere." Diego said not even being there for a full minute. Some offered Lila champagne and she took two and drank them both.

"Just keep an eye out for the Majestic Twelve. Me and Hugo will go upstairs, don't do anything stupid." Five said.

"When had he not." I said before I followed Five upstairs.

We slowed our paces when we stared hearing voices. We come to a stop until we knew the men would be out of sight once we step out of the hall.

Twelve men in suits had all entered a room. They all had donning looks on them that would tell someone to stay away. But not for us, unfortunately.

We had to eavesdrop on them so Five teleported us to a small closet. We peeked through the cracks of the door.

"The president is counting to make inquiries into Rosewell and other crash sites, gentlemen." A man said he had countied talking but I kept looking at Reginald. When Five told me what he looked like when he ran away from home, he still looks the same. Maybe he is immoral or something.

Five shifted to get a closer look and something had fell. I was light but in was enough to make sound. I saw Reginald coming close to closest.

"Dad." Five whispered in a low vocie.

"Shh." I looked over at Five with a finger on my lips.

We watched as Reginald came closer with an steady pace. His face was drawn and his eyebrows knitted. He slowly raised his can.

I let out a gasp and grabbed on to Fives arm and shook him. He was frozen and couldn't move. I shook him aging and he snapped out of it, but right before he blinked us out of thr closet Reginald hit my eyebrow with his cane leaving a deep cut.

I let a sigh of relief out when we were back in the hallway. I reached up to my eyebrow and felt the blood on my face. Five was going to say something but we saw one of the Swedes.

"Shit." We said at the same time and I ducked to avoid the first hit. Five wasn't so lucky and was grabbed by the coat and slammed into the wall.

Five blinked away and reapered behind the man kicking his knees sending him to the floor. I had jumped onto the man's back and got him into a chokehold, I held on tight as he struggles.

It didn't last long before the man threw me over his back and I hit the floor, hard. I had the air knocked out of me, but before the man could hit me I moved out of the way so all he hit was air.

The man whipped his head around to Five who tried blinking away but couldn't. I took the chance to send the man flying forward using telekinesis.

I moved to hit the man but he got my first square in the eye. I fell onto the floor and held my eye. I tried to open it but could only see out of my right one, the one that wasn't hit.

"Ah, shit." Five said when the Swede truned to him having enough of me who was trying to see out of both eyes.

The man used Fives unfocused gaze to hit a few blows to Fives abdomen, pushing him further and impossibly forward. Just close enough where he could escape and just far enough where Five could escape or fight back.

I moved off the floor but then someone eles came up behind me and looped his arms around my neck. He pulled me back that feet couldn't touch the ground.

I looked to see there was other one was also fighting Diego. I threw the man holding me into the wall and landed of my feet aging. The man got up and tried hitting me. I ducked under his legs and slid under him.

I stod up behind him and I was met with a blow to the lip. I felt it start bleeding and it started going down to my cheek. I wiped it away.

"God damn it, I hate these guys." I said catching my breath. I leaned my head down and looked back up to get hit with other blow to the guts. I fell to my knees and coughed, trying to breath. The Swede then pushed me hard against the wall.

I groaned and move to the side before the man could hit me aging. The Swede went tumbling forward into the wall.

I looked up to see I was next to a window. The man I was fighting saw that too and jumped into action. To make things fast I moved out of the way and stopped the man in his tracks.

He had a confused look, I had frozen him so I could throw him out the window. I let him go, but before he could do anything eles I threw him head first out the window. What an asshole.

I dusted the glass off my shoulder and was about to go help Five with who he was fighting. But to my surprise, Lila was already helping him.

I looked to see that Diego still needed help so I ran over to him. I took off my jacket and jumped onto the Swedes back, like what I tried to do earlier. I wrapped my jacket around his neck and he fell to the ground.

I saw a vase on a table that was still standing and made it fly into the man head. It knocked him out I leaned my head back and sighed. I pushed the man off me.

"Thanks, you okay?" Diego asked wide eye helping me up off the ground.

"Yeah, I am okay. Let's get out of here." I said and we raced out of the building. It was night out where we saw Reginald. Five was speaking for their father, I think he was speaking Greek? But Reginald was gone and go into a car pulling away.

"Was that him?" Diego asked as we watched him leave.

"Yeah. I am getting the feeling dad is avoiding us." Five said.

"Hate to be the boring one guys but, uh shouldn't we get the hell out of here." Lila said scratching the back of her neck.

"When you say 'we' exactly who are you referring to?" Five asked her.

"Not a lot of ambiguity in that sentence." Lila said.

"Listen, I don't know who you are or where you came from, but whatever it is, I advise you go back to your posthaste." Five said.

"She's right Five. We gotta get out of here." Diego said trying to have not a fight break out.

"I just save your life, you kinder shit. If I hadn't stepped in all there would have been left is a blazer and bloody socks." Lila bit back.

"Exactly. Sure you can fight for yourself, but you don't have a scratch on you." I said as Five nodded next to me.

"So?" Lila asked.

"So, me, Five, and Diego are trained. And we got hit a lot, the scales aren't leave here." I said and I felt Fives hand sneak down to mine.

"And that's the problem. You're too good. You ask to many questions. You know too much. And you fight like what you know what your doing." Five explained.

"He's got a point." Diego spoke up.

"So I know who to handle myself, that makes me the bad guy?" Lila asked.

"Whoever you are, your in our way. If I see you aging I will kill you." Five said and walked off with his hand still in mine, we walked together.

"I need to patch my face up. And I want some sleep." I said yawning I felt Five squeeze my hand.

"Okay. Once we get back to Elliotts place." He said.

Once we go to Elliotts we saw Luther cooking eggs. I ignored him and went to the bathroom. I cleaned my cuts and I heard a knock at the doorway.

"Woah! Hugo what happened?" Lisa asked looking at my face.

"Just a little fight that's all. Luther is making eggs, you should go eat some." I said looking at my eyebrow.

"Okay. You should probably get some sleep." Lisa said I nodded and she went to the kitchen.

I finshed cleaning my cuts and have a huge headache behind my eye. I change out of the suit into a plain shirt and some comfortable jeans.

I came into the main area and fell onto the couch. I fell asleep as soon as I layed down.

An: I AM SO GALD I GET TO US HUGOS POWERS MORE.
In the next chapter I hoping for Lisa and Five grow more of a friendship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 55 11
The Hargreeves escaped the apocalypse in 2019 only to bring another in 1963. Together, they must rally together and stop doomsday or die together on...
55.9K 993 21
PART 2 OF A SERIES! Who knew saving the world would be this hard. Again. "On April 1rst, 2019, the Earth was destroyed in a cataclysmic event. Bill...
23.3K 917 25
Charlotte Cafferty, finally done with a decades long hiatus, has accidentally settled in the very middle of a crisis. Though she's not exactly a stra...
1.5M 49.3K 55
𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇 | ❝i was about to have my menopause! do i really need to go through all that stuff again?❞ -in which number eight, a telekinetic badass do...