The True Dinosaur King

By Harry5423

The D-Team and the Alpha Gang, a rivalry as old as...actually it's not that old come to think about it. Howev... More

The Details
Somewhere, Beyond The Sea
Competition?
Showing Them Who's Boss
London's Calling
Bungle In The Jungle
Rubble Trouble
A Game Show Showdown

Don't Mess With Maiasaura

357 16 9
By Harry5423

Switzerland, home to the great Swiss Alps, a mighty mountain range that stretched across the green landscape. Today was no different from any other day. The sun was shining, the grass was swaying, the rocks were tumbling and there was nothing but blue skies all around. Surely nothing could ruin a perfectly peaceful day like this right?

Wrong.

A herd of wild goats grazed on the grass that covered the hills like a natural blanket, all except for one, who had apparently found something peculiar wedged in a big rock. The goat sniffed and nudged at the item until it fell down, revealing it to be an egg capsule. The goat inspected the item closely before eventually deeming it worthless and kicked it away. The capsule flew high in the sky before falling back down on the ground with a thud, causing it to crack open. Inside the capsule was two cards, one was grey with green corners and had a grass symbol on the back, and the other was orange with light grey corners but had no symbol on the back. As the wind blew, a few blades of grass stroked the green card, which resulted in a bright green glow to shine out and seemingly swallow more of the grassy field from which it laid. The light began to form into a large shape before dimming and revealing a dinosaur in its place. This dinosaur was a hadrosaur muscular hind legs and relatively skinny front legs. It had mainly purple colouring all over its body except for the underbelly, which was creamy in colour.

This dinosaur was a Maiasaura.

The Maiasaura rumbled quietly as she quickly realised she was not alone. The herd of goats surrounded the dinosaur with curiosity in their eyes, for they had never seen such a creature before. Yep, this definitely wasn't going to be a normal day.
———————————————————————
French Narrator: Meanwhile...
———————————————————————
At Zeta Point, Ursula was looking over different dresses and outfits on the computer, gawking and grovelling at each piece as she kept adding them to her massive digital basket. Zander and Ed were in the same room as her and were playing with a pack of cards.

Ursula: "This season's fashions are so hot! I'll be the most beautiful villain in the criminal world! This would look great on me. And this. And that. And of course this! All I have to do now is enter the company credit card number and voila!"

However, before she typed enter on the payment, a separate hand reached down and closed the page, cancelling the payment.

Ursula: "Hey! What's the big idea?!"

She immediately ate her own words when she realised that it was Helga who looked over her with an angry scowl.

Helga: "No spending of company money on personal things!"

Ursula: "But it's an emergency! You really expect a trendsetter like me to wear the same thing everyday?! It's cruel and unfashionable punishment!" *Cries*

Helga: "Crocodile tears will get you nowhere Ursula."

Zander and Ed, meanwhile, were snickering behind Helga's back.

Zander: "I love it when somebody else gets in trouble."

Unfortunately for them, Helga suddenly marched towards them with a fierce glint in her eyes.

Helga: "Ed keep your hands out of Dr Z's sweets! And Zander clean up after yourself!"

Now the two were reduced to quivering husks like a pair of children being told off by their parents. Their cards, sweets and other accessories had been swiped from their possession by an angry Helga, leaving a polished empty table behind. It was at that moment when Dr Z burst into the room, unsurprisingly at this point, with news to bare. Although he did seem unfazed by the fact that Terry was hanging off his beard.

Dr Z: "Everyone listen up! A new dinosaur has appeared! To the control room!"

Everyone followed Dr Z to the control room where the huge hologram display of the world showed a small red dot blinking in the country of Switzerland. Harry was also there with Claire, his pet Centrosaurus, who was lifting a dumbbell.

Harry: "97, 98, 99, 100! Great job Claire! You can stop now."

Claire dropped the dumbbell from her head and panted heavily after the workout. Harry rewarded her with a treat and then turned his attention to the rest of the Alpha Gang.

Ursula: "Where is it? Paris? Italy? Somewhere with good shoe stores?"

Zander: "Well it is in Europe. But it looks like Switzerland."

Dr Z: "That's right, the Swiss Alps to be exact."

Ursula: *Unhappy/Sarcastic* "You mean mountains? What will I buy there a snowboard?"

Harry: "Could be worse. Imagine climbing up Mount Everest."

Ursula: "You do know the Swiss Alps aren't exactly a walk in the park either right?"

Harry: "At least it's in Switzerland, that's the best country in the world."

Ed: "Who told you that?"

Harry: "Wikipedia."

Dr Z: "And I haven't even got to the best part yet! I've already booked your flight there, first class all the way!"

Zander: "Finally! I might have shot with one of those air hostesses now!"

Harry: "You keep telling yourself that."

Ed: "As long as there is good food I'm in!"

Harry: "Am I the only one who didn't believe first class existed? I thought that was just a fairytale to annoy the lower class?"

Ursula: "Oh it's very real. And...very expensive..."

Dr Z: "Indeed. So make the most of my kindness while you still can!"

Harry: "Uh, Dr Z? You got a little something there."

Dr Z looked at Harry with confusion before he looked down at his beard to see Terry hanging off of it.

Dr Z: "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
———————————————————————
French Narrator: A little while later...
———————————————————————
The four had dressed up fancy and had gone to the nearest international airport where their flight was scheduled. They were currently strutting through a large bewildered crowd.

Ed: "If you're gonna ride first class you've gotta look first class am I right?"

Zander: "That's right people, take it all in."

Harry: "These suits would be better if we had secret gadgets that's all I'm saying."

Ed: "Like whatshisface?"

Harry: "Huh?"

Zander: "Oh I know who he means. Jason Bourne!"

Harry: "...No."

Ed: "John Wick?"

Harry: "No."

Zander: "Johnny English?"

Harry: "No!"

Ed/Zander: "...Ethan Hunt?"

Harry: "YOU NAME EVERY SINGLE AGENT EXCEPT FOR?!?!— Oh forget it! Idiots!"

Ursula: "Shush children."

Ursula signalled with her hand for the three boys to stop talking and allow her to handle the booking as she walked up to a man behind the counter with a flirty smile.

Ursula: "Could I possibly speak to the person who's in charge? It's important."

Man: *Flustered* "R-right away mam."

A few moments later the manager appeared and talked with Ursula. Meanwhile, Harry, Ed and Zander were getting more and more confused as to what Ursula was up to.

Manager: "You don't want to fly first class?"

Ursula: "Well it's not me I'm worried about. I'm just not sure the three I'm traveling with would fit in."

Manager: "Well I do have one other plane."

*Whispering*

Harry: "What the hell is she doing?!"

Zander: "This is embarrassing. I think she just wants a cheaper flight so she can get some of her money back."

Ed: "To spend on clothes? This isn't very first class at all."

Harry: "It's times like these I want to give her a first class pummelling!"

Zander: "So what's stopping you?"

Harry: "Witnesses."

*End of whispering*

Manager: "Here's the economy class pilot now mam."

He pointed to an old man with a big grey beard that enveloped his chin and with bushy eyebrows to match. He wore a scruffy pilot outfit with a red scarf and heavy duty black boots. The man himself looked at the four he was taking and simply huffed in response. The Alpha Gang then followed him to his plane, although Harry was further back and seemed to be lost in thought.

Harry: *In mind* "Why does that pilot look so familiar?"
———————————————————————
French Narrator: An even littler while later...
———————————————————————
The Alpha Gang were currently stuffed together on a rusty red crop plane that unhealthily coughed and sputtered as it flew higher into the limitless sky, a sure fire sign of pending doom that made the Alpha Gang increasingly anxious.

Ursula: "Uh excuse me Mr pilot, sir?"

Pilot: "Hmm?"

Ursula: "Tell me, this plane seems just a bit out of date. Are you certain it's up to code?"

Harry: *Sarcastic* "What makes you say that Ursula? I thought the lack of a roof and the fact that there's a bloody hole in the floor would be ample enough reason to keep it in service?"

Ursula: "You don't hide your sarcasm very well."

Harry: "I don't try to hide it, otherwise your stupidity might mistake it for honesty."

Pilot: "I don't know."

Zander/Ed: "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW?!"

Pilot: "I figure I've lived me a whole life. If it's time to head for that big airport in the sky then so be it."

Ursula: "Maybe you're done living grandpa but I'm not! So your last flight better be a solo one!"

Harry: "Why commit suicide via plane crash though? Surely a shot to the head is much easier?"

Zander: "Can you all stop talking about death?! I want to at least finish my bucket list before I kick the bucket!"

Ursula: "Just straighten up and fly right! You do know where you're going don't you?"

Pilot: "They said something about Swiss cheese."

Ursula: "No it's the Swiss Alps! Anything else you don't know you air-brained aviator?!"

Pilot: "Well there is one other thing."

Harry: "Oh boy, this'll be a doozy."

Pilot: "I just don't know...if I remembered to get gas or not."

At that moment, the plane engine gave one last wheeze of life before it suddenly started falling out of the air like a rock.

Harry/Ursula/Zander/Ed: "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW WHETHER YOU GOT GAS OR NOT?!?!"

Pilot: "Just messing with ya."

He said as he miraculously regained control of the plane and kept it airborne, although the fall definitely left the Alpha Gang petrified.

Harry: "You...are...sick."
———————————————————————
French Narrator: Later that afternoon...
———————————————————————
The sun overlooked the grassy fields that clothed the high mountains, illuminating their snowy peaks with comforting warm glow. Far down below one of these mountains was a herd of goats in a field peacefully grazing next to the Maiasaura, who had curled her body around a nest in a protective manner. That nest contained a large, lonely egg which she stared upon with a loving look. She could feel the heartbeat of her offspring against her skin through the eggshell, and she knew that it would only be a matter of time before her beautiful baby would burst out full of life. Even some of the goats seemed excited as they waited next to the huge herbivore and even nuzzled or licked the egg every once in a while. The Maiasaura saw this and always silently thanked them for their blessings by gently stroking them in return.

All seemed fine and dandy. What could go wrong?

Well, the loud sound of a broken airplane dispelling the peace and quiet of the region would be a start. In fact, said plane seemed to be dying of thirst as all of its fuel had unfortunately ran out.

Pilot: "Looks like we have a problem."

Ursula: "What do you mean?"

Harry: "Let me guess, another prank?"

The pilot then turned around and saluted to the Alpha Gang before jumping off the airplane and gliding away with a parachute, leaving the Alpha Gang gobsmacked.

Harry: "...This isn't another prank is it?"

Ursula: "WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?! FIRST THERE'S NO LUNCH AND NOW THIS?! I'LL NEVER FLY  THIS AIRLINE AGAIN!"

Zander: "YOU CAN FORGET ABOUT FLYING IT THAT'S THE LAST THING THIS PLANE IS GONNA DO! AND THERE'S ONLY ONE PARACHUTE LEFT FOR ALL THREE OF US!"

Ed: "I'll go and make sure it works!"

Zander: "OH NO YOU DON'T! I'M MUCH MORE IMPORTANT TO THIS TEAM THAN YOU ARE!"

Ursula: "BEAUTIFUL WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST! THAT'S THE AGE OLD RULE!"

Harry: "MAYBE IN YOUR LIFETIME OLD LADY BUT I'M NOT GOING TO HEAVEN WHEN I HAVE A REASON TO LIVE UNLIKE YOU THREE!"

Ursula: "YOU SON OF A @#$%&!"

As they all fought over the remaining parachute the plane eventually croaked and started its burning descent towards the ground. While the boys were screaming for their lives, Ursula managed to steal the parachute and strap it on herself.

Ursula: "See you three on the ground! Geronimo!"

She then jumped out of the burning plane, much to the other's dismay. However, Harry refused to go out like this and jumped after her. With no other option, Ed and Zander followed soon after.

Ed: "NO! WE WANT TO COME WITH YOU!"

Zander: "YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITHOUT US!"

Ursula: "THERE'S NO ROOM FOR ANY OF YOU! KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF!"

Unfortunately for her, they didn't listen and instead grabbed on to her feet as she wiggled around like a maniac to try and shake them off.

Ed: "YOU DON'T REALLY MEAN THAT URSULA!"

Harry: "YOU KNOW IT WOULDN'T BE THE SAME! NOT TO MENTION YOU WOULD HAVE TO SUFFER ALL OF DR Z'S ABUSE!"

Zander: "EXACTLY, WE CAN STILL SUFFER TOGETHER!"

Ursula: "YOU'RE ALL F****** INSANE!"

Eventually, the parachute fully opened up and managed to slow their descent, however they were still falling at a dangerous velocity.

Zander: "We're falling too fast! Flap with all your might!"

Everyone started flapping their arms like a group of demented penguins in a desperate attempt to slow down their fall, until they ended up crashing into a thick forest. At the same time, the plane was rapidly approaching the field where the Maiasaura was resting and started to fully develop into a fiery inferno. The goats naturally ran away in fear while the Maiasaura seemed frozen in place. In her mind, memories were running rampant.

It was happening all over again...

She roared in fear as she curled around her precious egg. She felt the heat of the flaming projectile getting more and more intense as it neared its final destination. She closed her eyes and stayed by her unborn child, bracing herself for the blow.

Just like last time...

But by some miracle, the plane shot right over the cowering Maiasaura and crashed into the base of a nearby cliff, exploding on impact and fracturing the cliff side. The Maiasaura eventually worked up the courage to open her eyes and found that she and her egg were unharmed by the plane. She then stared at the burning crash site and huffed in extreme relief. Although that relief was short-lived when two bizarre creatures suddenly manifested in front of her, causing her to roar in confusion and anger at the pair's intrusion, leading to the creatures screaming in fear as well.
———————————————————————
French Narrator: Meanwhile...
———————————————————————
The Alpha Gang had somehow survived their fall and sat at the base of a tree, beneath the remnants of their parachute. An uncharacteristic silence wavered over the group before Harry eventually spoke up.

Harry: "You know...I think we all said some things to each other which we now regret."

Ursula, Zander and Ed murmured in agreement.

Harry: "So...how about we forgive and forget? I'll start. Ursula, I'm sorry for calling you a woman of many years gone by."

Ursula: *Sigh* "And I'm sorry for calling you the B-word."

Zander: "I'm sorry for putting myself above you all in the heat of the moment."

Ed: "And I'm sorry for trying to trick you all into thinking I was just testing the parachute when really I was going to leave you all to die."

Harry: "...I think that was kinda obvious. Anyway, how are you all feeling?"

Ursula: "My legs are sore from the fall."

Ed: "My entire body is sore."

Zander: "Dinosaur!"

Harry: "A bit weak Zander I'm not gonna lie."

Zander: "No over there! It's fighting a Triceratops!"

The rest of the Alpha Gang looked over to where Zander was pointing and through the clearing in the forest foliage they found the dinosaur they were looking for, the Maiasaura, as it was engaged in a heated battle against an all too familiar Triceratops.

Harry: "If that Triceratops is here it means the D-Team aren't far behind."

Ursula: "This is perfect then! I'll just summon Terry and snatch ourselves a two for one!"

She then slashed Terry's card against her Alpha Scanner.

(A/N: Stop at 22 seconds)

Ursula: "Go get em Terry!"

Terry marched forward to meet the fighting dinosaurs but suddenly stopped in his tracks when he saw a particular object just to the left of them. He and the Alpha Gang saw that it was the Maiasaura's egg.

Harry: "I knew something was up. Maiasaura are usually docile unless something is threatening their offspring, that's why she's fighting Chomp."

Ed: "Chomp?"

Harry: "Max's name for his Triceratops. Don't you guys pick up on these things?"

Ed: "Never mind that because Terry is heading straight for it."

Harry looked to see Terry running down the hill in a straight line to the nest where the egg laid, probably hungry for a prehistoric omelette.

Harry: "Ursula call him off!"

Ursula: "If he's hungry let him eat. I don't see the problem here."

Harry: "You would just let him kill a baby?!"

Zander: "What's got you riled up?"

Harry: "If you won't do something about it then I will!"

He shouted before bringing out Claire's card and slashing it against his Alpha Bracer.

Harry: "Alpha Slash!"

The card flew in front of him and shone a bright yellow colour as it slowly changed shape. Four beefy legs sprouted out with electricity coursing through their veins. A mighty ceratopsian head formed out of the body with a round frill and a singular horn being shaped by several lightning strikes. Finally, the eyes shot out a fine laser of electrical energy, signalling the transformation has been completed. And out came Claire the Centrosaurus with a thunderous roar.

Harry then suddenly jumped on top of Claire and sat down like a cowboy on a horse.

Harry: "Claire you've got to stop Terry understand?"

Claire nodded and pawed at the ground like an angry bull before charging after the T-Rex. The T-Rex in question was happily walking to his snack while the Maiasaura was too preoccupied with Chomp to even notice the imminent threat to her baby. As Terry closed in on his meal, however, the girl from the D-Team known as Zoe had suddenly manifested in front of him along with her Parasaurolophus. She quickly turned around to see Terry coming at her with his jaws wide open for a bite as she screamed in terror. Terry reared up to bite down on her as she closed her eyes in preparation for her untimely death. Except, it never came. Because, at the last moment, Claire had sprinted and rammed the legs of Terry from underneath him, causing the T-Rex to fall wildly over the Centrosaurus and miss Zoe as he fell to the ground. Harry saw Zoe and immediately jumped off of Claire to check on her and the egg.

Harry: "You okay?"

Zoe: "Y-Yeah."

Harry: "Terry! Sit!"

Terry decide to roar angrily in Harry's face instead since he and Claire had stopped him from getting his snack, though he did shut up when Claire came on to the scene and gave him a death glare. Whilst this was happening, Harry checked on the egg and breathed a sigh of relief when seeing it wasn't damaged. Unfortunately, the relief didn't last long when they heard an angry trumpet sound emanating from the Maiasaura, who had just witnessed the commotion happening near her nest and was practically fuming with motherly rage. Within seconds, she escaped from Chomp's headlock by jumping back, letting the Triceratops fall face first into the dirt, and then activated her move card. The Maiasaura glowed a bright green as she kicked more dirt into Chomp's face, temporarily blinding him. She then performed a giant leap into the air where she forcefully landed on top of Chomp, pressing him into the ground and breaking a few of his ribs in the process. She then jumped from Chomp's body all the way to an unsuspecting Terry, whom she crashed into and used as a board to skid to a halt on the ground. She quickly ran up to her nest and roared at the trespassers.

Harry: "Everyone just back away slowly. No sudden movements."

Zoe and Claire looked at him and obeyed as the three respectfully stepped back from the Maiasaura and her egg. She slowly but surely felt more at ease as the strangers built up the distance between them. It seemed like her message finally got across to them.

All except for one.

Chomp had somewhat recuperated from the beatdown he received and his owner, Max, had suddenly prepared a move card to take down the Maiasaura. Max slashed it against his Dino Holder and Chomp in response glowed yellow as a lightning strike from above struck Chomp and imbued him with electrical energy that lit up his frill in a plethora of colours. Harry and Zoe turned around to the loud noise of thunder and immediately grew worried.

Harry: "Max! Stop it you moron!"

Zoe: "She's just wants to protect her egg!"

Max: *In the distance* "...What?"

Unfortunately their warnings fell on deaf ears as Chomp prepared his electric charge. Harry in response decided to counter the attack.

Harry: "Electric Charge!"

The same process occurred with Harry's Centrosaurus, who had lightning rain down on her and empower her with the power of electricity which lit up her frill with multiple colours as well. Claire roared with dominance and charged at the Triceratops who started charging as well. As the mighty ceratopsians closed the distance between each other, their electrical powers grew all the more potent and their speed picked up drastically, to the point where their legs looked like a blur to the naked eye as they left a scorching trail behind them on the once unscathed field. Inevitably, the two ceratopsians collided with each other in spectacular fashion as their combined thunderous shockwave shook the surrounding environment. Harry, Zoe, the Alpha Gang and the rest of the D-Team wobbled and tripped from the massive blast which nearly blasted their eardrums. The poor Maiasaura roared from the electrical impact as it knocked her off balance and caused Terry, who had just gotten up, to fall back down again, this time on top of the Maiasaura. She roared in pain from the added weight on top of her but immediately stopped when she noticed that her beloved egg had left the nest, probably due to the shockwave, and was now rolling down the hill away from her. Harry also noticed this and shakily got back up on his feet to go after it.

All the Maiasaura could do was watch...

Claire and Chomp were still in a headlock with waves of electricity flowing through their crests and sparks flying from their horns. They tried to manoeuvre around each other without giving away any opportunities for the other to attack. Claire knew Chomp wasn't going to fall for the same trick again so she tried a different approach. She positioned herself in between the cliff-face and Chomp while purposely letting him push her closer to the cliff. They eventually reached the giant cliff wall and when her tail brushed the mossy rock of the cliff bottom, she knew this was her chance. All of a sudden she lifted her hind legs to stand on the cliff where she proceeded to front roll on top of Chomp's body, escaping the headlock and biting his tail when landing behind him. With his tail in her mouth, she swung the flabbergasted Triceratops on to the ground in front of her and with her remaining electricity, she charged at Chomp's exposed underbelly. The result was Claire's horn piercing straight through Chomp's belly, spilling blood and causing Chomp to roar in pain, but this wasn't the end of it. To finish off, Claire lifted Chomp's whole body on her head, straining as she did so and quickly stood up on her hind legs yet again, and then fell on her back, resulting in her horn further impaling the already badly wounded Triceratops once he hit the ground. Chomp lost yet again as he turned yellow and morphed back into his card. Claire clumsily got back up and roared with righteous victory for she had just performed...a Dino-Suplex.

Back with Harry, he chased after the rolling egg panting like a dog. He tried to pick up speed on the downward slope but the egg was rolling even faster and was nearing the edge of the field which was revealed to be a cliff's edge. Harry grew increasingly worried as he continued to chase after the Maiasaura's unborn child. His legs burned, his lungs gasped for air and his heart felt like it was going to explode but he refused to give up. He was finally getting closer to the egg, enough to nearly brush his fingertips against it, but the egg was now seconds away from falling off the cliff's edge. In a desperate attempt, Harry dived forward to grab the egg.

Time seemed to slow down for Harry in that one nail-biting moment. His face was drenched in sweat and his whole body ached with fatigue. His arms and hands were outstretched for the egg as he was falling. And in that moment...

He missed...

The egg rolled just outside his grasp as he crashed on to the ground with a thud. He looked up to see the egg at the cliff's edge. The setting sun actually shone through the eggshell and revealed the embryo still curled inside the egg, blissfully unaware of its inevitable fate.

In the blink of an eye, the egg toppled over the cliff...

Harry screamed in shock and grief as he heard the telltale sounds of cracking all the way down the cliff before only silence remained. The Maiasaura groaned as she finally scrambled out from beneath Terry who was still sore from the beatings he had received. The Maiasaura ran on her hind legs all the way to the edge of the cliff and looked down to find where her baby had gone. Her face was immediately struck with horror at the sight.

(A/N: Sad moment ends at 1:16, tense scene follows)

Her one and only child was laid out on the ground...in pieces. Bits of the eggshell littered the field below and the once green grass had been stained a vivid red. The baby's torso was crushed on the impact from the fall and every single limb was either dismembered or severely broken in multiple places. The baby stared back at its mother with soulless eyes and a despondent expression.

The mother Maiasaura couldn't believe her eyes. This wasn't real. It couldn't be real. She called out to her baby below, desperate for a response, but nothing came back. She tried again. Still nothing. She tried again and again and again. Harry, who had also seen the aftermath of his failure, developed a downtrodden expression as his eyes threatened to leak tears.

Harry: *In mind* "No. No, no, no, no, no, no. Not again...not again."

Memories of the incident flashed before his eyes yet again. Memories of a dead child, a grief-stricken mother, and him. The one behind it all. It was happening all over again.

The Maiasaura was now stomping on the ground and bellowing as loud as possible to get her baby to call back, but no matter how hard she tried, her baby remained still and quiet. Realising this, the Maiasaura let out a heartbroken bellow off into the far distance. Her face was contorted with guilt and unrelenting sadness, her caring eyes glistened with tears, and her breathing grew shaky as she struggled to comprehend the tragedy that had befallen her. The Alpha Gang and the D-Team were a little way back and were completely silent, with guilt painted on all of their faces once they found out about the dead baby. Even Claire and Terry were quiet when listening to the Maiasaura's lonely cries. The dinosaur in question sobbed and sobbed until her eyes grew bloodshot, and that was when she looked up to see Harry, standing next to her with an apologetic look. The Maiasaura then thought back to when her egg fell off the cliff.

That thing standing next to her tried to grab the egg. It tried to save it. But it failed. And now her child was dead because of it.

Soon enough, the Maiasaura started huffing and puffing with incurable anger. Her blood boiled in her veins and a low growl emanated from her frothing mouth. She slowly turned around to stare back at Harry and roared with primal rage. All she wanted at this moment...was revenge. Claire quickly rushed to Harry to get in between him and the murderous Maiasaura, but Harry stopped her with a raised hand.

Harry: "STOP!"

Claire skidded to an unexpected halt and looked at Harry with confusion and worry.

Ursula: "Harry! What the hell are you doing?! Get out of there!"

Harry: "I'm not risking any of your lives! Its just me she wants. So it's me she's gonna get."

Ed: "But she's gonna kill you!"

Harry: "...Then maybe I will finally pay for my mistake."

The Maiasaura stared Harry down, blowing through her nose like an enraged bull as Harry simply stared back with sorry eyes. Slowly but surely, he altered his footing to allow himself to quickly turn and run for the hills when needed, never once taking his eyes off the Maiasaura in front of him. The two were trapped in their deathly stare for what seemed like forever until Harry took a deep breath...

And ran...

He sprinted away from the Maiasaura as she roared and furiously galloped after him. Within seconds, the Maiasaura was practically breathing down Harry's neck before he suddenly duped her and span around, doing a front roll underneath her giant body in the process. Confused, the Maiasaura frantically searched for her target before spotting him running over to the trees for cover. She refused to let this stand however and prepared her move card again. Surrounded by a green aura, she mustered up enough energy to leap forward to try and crush her target. Fortunately for Harry, he had put enough distance between him and her that the Maiasaura had just narrowly missed him, crashing into the ground behind him and kicking up a huge cloud of dirt and grass as a result. Snorting angrily from her failure to crush the puny creature, she continued to pursue Harry into the woods, all the while the Alpha Gang and D-Team stood at the sidelines watching the scene helplessly.

Ed: "Shouldn't we help him?"

Zander: "Ah yes Ed, let's get in between him and a rampaging dinosaur to 'help' him."

Ursula: "There must be something we can do!"

Zander: "Well Terry is exhausted from the butt-kicking he's received all day, those bratty kids likely won't help since we are their sworn enemies, and Claire won't listen to anything we say."

Ursula: "Why?"

Zander: "She doesn't have enough respect for us, which is a valid criticism."

Meanwhile, the D-Team were having conversation among themselves as well to discuss what should be done about the chaos taking place.

Max: "That guy threatened to drop me from a cliff! What comes around goes around."

Zoe: "He was just trying to scare you to give him the card! Are you seriously just going to let him die?!"

Rex: "What would you suggest we do Zoe? Chomp was beaten by that Centrosaurus, Ace is at home sick and that Maiasaura would plow through Paris. No offence."

He said that last part to Paris who stared at him with an offended look.

During their arguments, Harry was still running through his life through the deep dark woods as the Maiasaura charged after him, ramming through many tree trunks and ripping apart the sheltered foliage with each step she took. Harry quickly slid under a stray log, only for the Maiasaura to bust through it like it was made of glass. He weaved his way through the forest until a sharp branch from a bush cut his arm, causing him to wince in pain and slicing the straps of his Alpha-Bracer in the process, leading to it falling off his wrist not too long after. Eventually, Harry saw a bright clearing in the woods ahead of him and ran for the opening despite the immense fatigue he was feeling from running for so long. Outside the woods, Harry suddenly burst out from the bushes panting heavily. The Alpha Gang and D-Team saw him further up the hill from them running for his life when they also saw the Maiasaura leap from the dark forest after him. At that moment however, Zoe noticed something.

Zoe: *In mind* "Where is his wrist thing? He was wearing it earlier."

Zoe then looked at the destruction the rampage had done to the peaceful forest and saw something glimmering in the sunlight that exposed the undergrowth of the woods. Harry's Dino-Bracer. An idea formed in her head as she ran for the object, much to the confusion of her teammates.

Max/Rex: "Where are you going?!"

Harry had now reached the base of the cliff that the plane had crashed into. Out of breath and directions to go, Harry turned around to see the very angry Maiasaura stalking him, edging her way closer and closer to him. She was about to lunge and crush Harry against the cliff until, from out of nowhere, Terry ran at the Maiasaura and knocked her down. Harry saw Ursula running next to him with an Alpha Scanner in her hands.

Ursula: "He'll hold her off! Keep going!"

Harry nodded and took this opportunity to escape by climbing up the cliff as the two dinosaurs wrestled below him. Although Terry got a few bites in, he was nowhere near at his full strength and so it only took a few kicks to the gut from the Maiasaura to knock him off, which led to the Maiasaura spinning around and slamming her tail into Terry's face. The T-Rex was knocked back and hit the cliff, causing yet more fractures to appear on the surface. The force alone was nearly enough to make Harry lose his grip on the rocks as he looked down to see how far he had climbed. At this point, if he were to fall down, it would most definitely be fatal. He noticed how Terry glowed red before turning back into his card and how the Maiasaura roared with rage at his escape attempt, so much so that she suddenly started to climb after him. Using a climbing technique similar to the mountain goats of the region, the Maiasaura hopped on the crevices with surprising agility despite her size. Now she was once again hot on Harry's tail as he struggled to avoid her snapping duck-beak mouth.

Back with Zoe, she made it to the wrecked woods and found what she was looking for, Harry's Dino-Bracer. She picked it up and ran to Claire the Centrosaurus, who stood in the same position as Harry ordered her to. That was until she noticed the human girl running to her with Harry's Dino-Bracer in her hand, which immediately grabbed her attention and caused her to face the girl with a questioning look.

Zoe: "Look, I don't know you, you don't know me, but we both know that Harry will die if we don't do something. We need to work together if we want to save him. Please."

Claire stared at Zoe, pondering on what she said and glanced back at her owner trying to escape the Maiasaura. On the one hand, she was raised from birth to always follow his orders without question. On the other hand, he was basically family to her and doing as she was told in this instance would only end in his untimely death. After a few seconds of quiet contemplation , Claire showed her answer to Zoe.

Meanwhile, Harry was nearly at the top of the cliff and so was the Maiasaura as she snapped and roared at Harry. She was so close she could nearly taste him. And now, it seemed like her wish of vengeance was finally about to become a reality as her target climbed to the top of the cliff and collapsed, clearly exhausted from the relentless chasing, giving her the opportunity to end this once and for all. She menacingly peered over the top at the tired wreck in front of her and remembered her child. Her sweet child that was cruelly ripped away from her, and this monster in front of her was to blame. With all that in her mind, she prepared the final blow with her front hooves rearing up, ready to crush her target. Harry simply closed his eyes and waited for it to all go away.

When all of a sudden...

Zoe: "Plasma Anchor!"

Harry heard the sound of Zoe using a move card and his Centrosaurus roaring soon after. The Maiasaura temporarily stopped her attack when she heard thunder just behind her and looked back to see Claire, who had created a luminous whip made of pure plasma on her head and started shaking it around. The whip curled through the air like an electrical serpent, occasionally producing a stray crack of lightning that hit the ground below it. Then, without warning, Claire swung the barbed tip of the whip at the Maiasaura above her with all her strength, resulting in the whip piercing the Maiasaura straight through the stomach. The Maiasaura cried out in pain as Claire pulled her back from the cliff top away from Harry. With the Maiasaura hooked on the whip and now flying uncontrollably through the air, Claire took the opportunity to smash her into the cliff over and over again, breaking away pieces of the cliff and most certainly breaking a few bones in the process. After a thorough scraping against the cliff, Claire finally settled the beatdown by smashing her against the cliff one more time, leading to a rockslide occurring and dragging the Maiasaura down with it. Harry crawled back from the collapsing cliff until it finally seemed like the avalanche of rocks and pebbles had completely ceased. Harry gingerly peeked over the edge and saw the Maiasaura trapped underneath a pile of rubble, only just breathing.

At that moment he wanted to feel happy. He wanted to relax after that terrifying chase. Yet all that came to his mind, was guilt.

Down below, he could hear the cheers of the D-Team and Alpha Gang below, who were clearly overjoyed that this nightmare was finally over.

Ed: "Another successful mission!"

Rex: "Yeah I don't think so. That was Zoe's victory so she gets it."

Zander: "But Claire is the one who defeated it and which team is she on? Oh that's right ours so that's our card."

Max: "Zoe is the one who used the winning move card."

Ursula: "Claire performed the winning move card."

They honestly could've argued forever until they were silenced by Harry, who had climbed down the remnants of the cliff and walked up to the buried Maiasaura. He himself remained silent as he examined the extent of the damage done and got gradually closer to the badly injured Maiasaura despite her clear audible warnings to stay away. But Harry knew she wasn't going anywhere.

(A/N: 0:55 to 3:05 for sad scene)

Harry came close enough to crouch down to meet the injured dinosaur face to face as the Maiasaura could do nothing but meet his gaze. She saw sadness and regret in the creature's small eyes, almost as if it was visually telling her that it was sorry for what it had done. After a few seconds, the Maiasaura's malicious nature slowly fizzled out and unbearable sorrow began to permeate once again. Her tired eyes let out a waterfall of tears, for she was all alone. No baby to love, no mate to cuddle, nothing. She felt the creature above her laying its hand on her cheek, gently stroking her in her final moments as her breathing slowed and her eyes closed. Harry saw this and leaned back to see her whole body glow a muted green colour before she morphed back into her two cards.

Harry came close to shedding a few tears himself before holding them back and picking up the Maiasaura's cards. He then walked over to Zoe to get his Dino-Bracer back. Zoe herself was crying as she witnessed the unfortunate display play out in front if her before handing the gadget back to it's previous owner. Harry called Claire back into her card and walked past the Alpha Gang, who were all more or less confused at what just happened.

Ursula: "Uh, do you want to talk about-"

Harry: "Don't. Just...don't. We're going home."

With that, the Alpha Gang followed Harry back to base in silence as the D-Team quietly walked away as well.

This was definitely not a normal day...

THE END
———————————————————————
A/N: Sorry for the long wait again! I was just putting this chapter off for a long while. I promise the next chapter will be out sooner. Until then, that's all folks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 270 16
You are 15 years old Darius sister and after he won a video game he has to pass a summer in Jurassic worlds new program named Camp Cretaceous . You a...
11.4K 297 20
They all know he is Alpha but they also know he isn't one of them until he became one. He raised them since hatchlings and their pack bond was deep u...
1.4K 49 12
A sequel to Ripper's Journey II: The Son Of Ripper and Indomitable: A Jurassic World Story. Ever since the dinosaur outbreak, the world has had to ge...
851 36 14
Nyima and her athletic older sister Yazmina get the chance to go join Camp Cretaceous, but most people don't know much about her as she is very secre...