Unmatched Hatred

By hogwarts_student88

It was Draco Malfoy. It was the boy whose face always crossed my mind even at the most inconvenient times. Dr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
The End

Chapter 45

239 3 3
By hogwarts_student88

It was now the day of June 24th, 1995, the day when the last task of the Triwizard Tournament was to take place. The whole school was in a frenzy about this event, rushing to the stands to claim their seats to be able to watch it all go down. Kasper, Blaise, and I made our way through the bustling field with excitement. We saw many students working the concession stands, and several others participating in mini games.

Today was such a remarkable day for skipping school. The unforgiving sun beamed down on us, scorching the area with its heat rays. A soft wind playfully breezed through the air, causing the green grass to sway at its command. The sky had a clear, blue appearance, completing the look of a beautiful, sunny day. Magic also floated in the air, as it usually does at Hogwarts, yet today it was more prominent.

"Do you guys want some popcorn?" suggested Kasper, eyeing a concession stand which was selling all kinds of snacks.

"I'll take some," replied Blaise. "Holly?"

"I'm alright," I said, fixing my camera in order to capture some memories that day.

Kasper and Blaise left to buy some popcorn, and I looked up to suddenly catch Draco's eye amongst the talkative and jubilant crowd. We both slowly started inching closer to each other, never breaking eye contact. The noise seemed to drown out around us as we finally stood face to face.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" asked Draco.

For a moment, I recognized as he eyed the familiar necklace around my neck.

"Quite so," I replied happily. "After all, it is a beautiful day. Plus, we aren't stuck in Transfiguration class."

"Indeed," agreed Draco.

"Well, would you like to sit with me, Kasper, and Blaise?"

"I mean- sure. If they are comfortable with it."

I smiled brightly, leading Draco to the two boys, who were caught stuffing handfuls of popcorn into their mouths.

When I returned, something in Kasper and Blaise's expression switched once they saw who accompanied me.

"May Draco join us?" I requested.

"Since when-"

"Long story," Kasper intervened into Blaise's sentence.

"Is that a yes?" I pleaded.

Draco remained awkwardly still behind me, debating if whether or not he was welcome.

I feared they would decline my offer, yet an unexpected response came instead.

"Maybe a second chance will do you some good," suggested Blaise.

Draco beamed at this response, and we all had a lovely time for the rest of the time being.

The event was to take place in a matter of fifteen minutes. Everyone rushed to the stands to find a seat, me and the three boys included.

"What about here?" Kasper suggested, pointing to a row of four, empty seats.

That was where we claimed our seats. Draco and I sat next to each other, Kasper sat next to me, and Blaise sat next to Kasper.

The large stands were quickly filled with an overflowing amount of people, and the stands also faced a rather massive maze, which stretched into the horizon and seemed to have had a never-ending distance. Towards the bottom of the stands, the Hogwarts band played music with their instruments. Numerous lively conversations lingered in the atmosphere, and the four competing contestants were preparing themselves to enter the maze.

"Who do you all want to bet is going to win?" asked Blaise.

"Easy. Victor Krum," answered Kasper confidently without a moment of hesitation.

"Obviously not Potter," snickered Draco.

"I don't know. He won the other two, didn't he?" I commented.

"Yes," admitted Draco reluctantly, "but that was just luck. There is no way he will win this one. Therefore, I agree with Kasper."

"Yeah! Let's go!" cheered Kasper, reaching over me to fist bump Draco.

"Who do you think, Blaise?" inquired Draco.

"I don't know, but I have a feeling that Cedric is going to make a combat."

Kasper and Draco glared at Blaise in a confused manner.

"Fair enough," sighed Kasper. "Who do you think, Holly?"

"I can't be so sure," I responded. "They all have an advantage to win."

They all shook their heads as if disappointed.

"What! If I choose someone and I end up being wrong, you all are going to make fun of me!" I insisted in a half joking manner.

They all cackled in unison, knowing what I was saying was true.

"Whatever," Kasper chuckled to himself.

"Fine," I voiced, ready to make my bet. "I also pick Cedric."

"Ah! Two against two," uttered Kasper, much pleased. "How much money are we betting exactly?"

"I hope none," replied Blaise, "because I'm broke."

"Same," I commented.

"No money then. Just the feeling of winning is what you get," Draco finalized the decision.

"Deal," Blaise, Kasper, and I said.

Suddenly, the band quit playing, and several leaves were magically moved away from the maze, which created a wide entrance to the inside of it. The crowd grew dead silent, eager for the game to begin.

"You four must enter the maze, find the Triwizard Cup, and bring it back here. Whoever does it first wins," announced Dumbledore.

Potter, Cedric, Victor, and Fleur stood at the ready, gazing into the maze in front of them. Inside the maze appeared gloomy and foggy. I certainly would not want to go in there.

"On your mark!" called out Dumbledore. "Get set! GO!"

The four contestants dashed into the maze, the entrance magically closing behind them. The crowded erupted in cheers and applauds. Then, everyone began talking once again.

"So, do we just sit here for the rest of the time?" I asked.

"I guess so," replied Blaise, slouching in his chair.

"Well, that's not any fun," I said rather disappointed.

"And now, for the time being," announced Dumbledore once more, "the Hogwarts band will play us a lovely tune."

The band then begin playing music as means of entertainment. They had played for a good while, until everyone grew weary of it. Many people, including me and the boys, went back to the main field to have some refreshments and to play some games. We hung out there for an hour and I took several photos during the time we were there.

We returned to our seats later on. Shortly after doing this, a spark of magic was shot into the sky, coming from inside the maze. This caused many gasps to emerge from the crowd, since this meant one of the people in the maze was in danger. Everyone was alarmed, and it also brought some to their feet. Immediately, the authorities begin discussing their next move. We all waited patiently for someone to take action.

"Is no one going to do anything?" inquired Kasper.

"Maybe it was just a false alarm," I suggested hopefully.

Thirty minutes later and nothing was done, nor was anything announced. Only Fleur and Victor had come out of the maze. For an anxious moment, I had a gut feeling which told me that something bad happened to Potter and Cedric.

Finally, after what felt like forever, Potter and Cedric came into view, and the band began playing once again. The crowds celebrated by roaring with cheers and clapping their hands.

Then suddenly, a blood wrenching scream came from Fleur, some people slowly stopped clapping, and the band was ordered to stop playing. Confused, I watched as Dumbledore attempted to remove Potter off of Cedric, who lay motionless on the grass. Potter clung to Cedric, and his resounding wailing filled the air.

"HE'S BACK!" Potter shouted. "HE'S BACK! VOLDEMORT'S BACK!"

It was at that moment that everyone realized what had happened. Potter was laying over Cedric's dead body. Cedric had been killed.

By You-Know-Who.

Potter's words made me feel dizzy, and felt like an aggressive kick to the stomach. My hand instantly went to Draco's hand out of fear, and he squeezed my hand in turn. I put my other hand over my mouth. I had such a difficult time processing anything that was happening. The rest of the crowd was astounded as well, and remained absolutely noiseless.

The night suddenly grew much darker, the glow in the stars dimmer. A life was lost in the seemingly harmless Triwizard Tournament.

Worst of all- You-Know-Who had returned to power. Never did I think that I would ever hear those words again, nor did I ever imagine that You-Know-Who would come back to power once more. A shocking pause followed.

Kasper and I glanced over at each other. We both shared the same thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.8K 1.7K 54
☆ first story in the sequel ☆ ✰☽♡𑁍✯☼ "We need a name for this," I said. He asked, "Enemies to lovers?" I chuckled. "We aren't lovers, Malfoy." "How...
279K 6.8K 28
Pretending to be in a relationship with Draco Malfoy to get back at your ex might have not been the smartest idea you ever had. Especially now where...
986 1 77
A Draco Malfoy enemies to lovers story. I'm honestly so so so proud of this story like, it's my baby. Audrey Bardot and Draco Malfoy's family never...
4.6K 391 15
" I didn't ask for any of this! " draco malfoy x fem!oc the goblet of fire © quicksilvrs 2019-24