Just A Hunch (Varian x Witch...

Od boxxieofbox

Hey guys! This is the sequel to my book Gut Feelings! If you haven't read it, I highly suggest that you do ot... Viac

Just A Hunch
Other Friends
To Corona
A Proposition
Do it for Her
Switching Sides
Redemption
Cleaning
Late Night Picnic
Falsely Accused
The Stabbingtons
Wolfie
Chasing the Wolf
Community Project
Fearing Yourself
Witch Trial
Protection
The Prank
The Day of Hearts
Trevor Returns
The Sea Serpent
The Apple
Teamwork
Red Rocks
Overcoming Fear
Téir Abhaile Riu
Sweets
The Snuggly Duckling
Wrong Place Wrong Time
An Old Friend
Something's Missing
New Plans
Changing Roles
Just Around The River Bend
Buried Treasure
Confessions
Love Spells
Storm Cloud
Understanding
Out of it
Why
Try After Try
Willow Maiden
Just A Curse
Simple Song
Dress After Dress
I Put a Spell On You
Research
Guards and Orders
Sick Days
Naps and Soup
Return To The Lorbs
False Emergencies
The Well

Dragon Tales

361 10 14
Od boxxieofbox

Loud knocking came to Princess Rapunzel's door. "No!" She said turning in her bed. The knocking becoming more urgent. "Who is it? Go away!" She said in her morning voice wishing for the knocking to stop.

"I'm coming. Hold on. Just a minute." She said as she climbed out of bed. "Your Highness! Rapunzel!" Nigel said from behind the door. Rapunzel opened the door revealing Nigel with a book in his hand. "Your highness, thank goodness you're awake! That Neserdnian 'marble' your little lizard friend found? Well, it's not a marble at all. It's a dragon egg!" Nigel said showing Rapunzel pictures from the book he was holding.

The princess stared at him for a few seconds before letting out a loud yawn and wiping her mouth from drool. "I'm sorry. I'm just waking up. Can you...can you say the part about the whole thing you were just saying?" Rapunzel said as she started leaning against the doorframe and falling back asleep.

"Princess!" Nigel said loudly causing Rapunzel to jump and wake up immediately. She even hit her head on the door. "Look!" Nigel said holding the book closer to her.

"A dragon egg? Well, that does look like Pascal's marble, but-" Rapunzel said before being cut off. "But nothing, Princess! Dragons are terribly dangerous! We must get rid of it at once!" Nigel said just as Pascal and his new dragon friend came playing down the hall with a branch.

"We really have to find Pascal and Rapunzel!" (Y/n) said as her and Varian ran through the palace halls. "Slow down! We-we don't even know if it's a-woah!" Varian said as he was shoved against the wall by the witch. "Ouch! What was th-" "Shh!" (Y/n) said as she carefully moved to peak around the corner with Varian following her actions.

Around the corner they saw Pascal and the pink dragon. "Shit." (Y/n) said and Varian rolled his eyes. "Language." He said making (Y/n) roll her eyes. "Would you prefer me to say jeepers? Jinkies? Great heavens?!" The witch whisper yelled only for Varian to give her a smug smirk. "Yes actually."

"Okay, just a second, Nigel. We don't know for sure it's a dragons egg." Rapunzel said from her room. Varian and (Y/n) watched as Pascal kept the dragon from going any further down the hall. "If only she knew." Varian said making (Y/n) nodd.

"In fact, let's go have another look at Pascal's marble, and I'm sure we'll discover that's all it is." Rapunzel said as Pascal shushed the dragon. "And if it isn't? If it is a dragon? We'll have no choice but to destroy it, right?" Nigel said holding up the book once more to the princess.

Varian and (Y/n) looked at each other. "Do...do you think we can win a fight against a dragon? Let alone a dragon army?!" (Y/n) asked Varian and he rubbed the back of his neck. "Uhm theoretically it's pretty much impossible for us to win against a dragon. Full grown or not." "So I'm other words..." (Y/n) trailed off. "We're screwed." The couple said at the same time.

"We do whatever we have to do to keep Corona safe." They heard Rapunzel say. "This going to be a long day isn't it?" Varian asked and (Y/n) nodded. The two watched as Pascal started to lead the dragon away before carefully deciding to follow them.

The two teens followed Pascal through a few hallways and were glancing around a corner. "Guys?" Rapunzel asked next to them making (Y/n) jump. Varian also jumped, but he let out a high pitched yell making Rapunzel and (Y/n) laugh.

"Don't do that!" Varian said his voice cracking slightly in the process making (Y/n) laugh. "What are you two doing here? And more importantly why are you two sneaking around?" The princess asked. The teens looked at each other giving each other a slightly panicked look.

"Psh y-you know...stuff." (Y/n) said going to lean against the wall and misjudging how far away it was from her making her stumble slightly. "Y-yeah...st-stuff. Normal everyday teenage stuff." Varian said before looking awkwardly at his hands before suddenly crossing them over his chest trying to look cool. "Yeah! Like...uh...being angsty and...uh..." (Y/n) started before Varian jumped in. "And hormonal! Super...super hormonal...you know how it is." "Y-yup...extremely hormonal. Hormonal and angsty." (Y/n) said.

Rapunzel stared at them extremely confused. "I do not have time to unpack all of that. I'll just leave you two to your...hormonal angst...I guess." She said before leaving the two and keeping a very confused eye on them until they were out of sight.

"That definitely could've gone better." (Y/n) said and Varian shrugged. "It also could've gone way worse. And really...angst?" Varian asked and (Y/n) rolled her eyes. "At least I didn't say we were super hormonal. That one is way worse than angst." (Y/n) said. "Hey at least it's true!" Varian defended himself.

The witch looked around the corner and sighed. "Damnit...we lost them." She said going around the corner. "Cmon we gotta find them." Varian said running towards where he heard Rapunzel calling for pascal with (Y/n) right behind him.

"Pascal! Pascal, buddy! Hey, Pascal?" Rapunzel called out before going into a room where Pascal was leaning against a closed nightstand.

"Pascal, listen. I know this is going to sound silly, but Nigel's got it in his head that that little marble you have is, get this, a-" Rapunzel said picking up her reptile friend in her hands.

(Y/n) and Varian ran into the room behind Rapunzel just as the now bigger pink dragon broke out of the nightstand. The dragon smiled at the people in front of it while panting. "Dragon egg." Rapunzel finished her sentence.

"Did...did it just get bigger?" Varian asked concerned and (Y/n) nodded. "Yup...and it's only gonna get bigger." Pascal simply gave Rapunzel a sheepish smile.

The four of them managed to get the dragon into Rapunzel's room and quickly shut the door behind them. "So, uh, a dragon, huh?" Rapunzel asked. "How long have you two known?" She asked the teens.

"Slightly longer than you have. We came to talk to you when we found out it could be a dragon, but Nigel seemed to get to you first." Varian said making Rapunzel sigh.

"Listen, Pascal, keeping a dragon around the castle isn't the best idea." Rapunzel said and the teens watched as the dragon got a blanket stuck on its head. "For one thing, they can breathe fire. And the other thing is...well, actually, the fire breathing is probably a good enough reason." Rapunzel said before (Y/n) interjected.

"Actually not all of them breathe fire-" (Y/n) said before looking at Rapunzel who was giving her the 'You're not helping' look. "Uh...sorry...continue." She said rubbing the back of her neck.

The three of them watched as the dragon came up to Pascal and licked him. "Oh my gosh they're best friends." Varian said as his eyes became soft as he stared at the two. "That was the cutest thing I've seen all week." (Y/n) said as she shook Varian's arm.

Rapunzel sighed as she looked down at the two. "Okay. That was really cute." She said as she rubbed her cheeks. Pascal hugged the dragons nose and (Y/n) squealed while shaking Varian's arm harder.

"You two have hit it off, huh?" Rapunzel asked and Pascal nodded. "They're so cute and I love them but their friendship could destroy the entire kingdom." Varian said softly. "Screw the kingdom let them be happy." (Y/n) said with a deadpan expression as she stared at the two reptiles.

Rapunzel crouched down to get closer to the dragon. "Well, he sure does seem like a sweet little, um, big guy." Rapunzel said and (Y/n) let the dragon smell her hand before rubbing his cheeks.

"I know dragons are supposed to be of a higher intelligence than humans, but oh my goodness! It doesn't look like there's a single thought behind those eyes!" (Y/n) said before her eyes lit up with happiness. "And I absolutely love it!" She said making Varian laugh.

"Hey! Maybe that's what we should call you!" Rapunzel said making everyone look at her confused. "You wanna call an extremely intelligent creature like a dragon, no thoughts? I think they'll destroy the kingdom just for that name." (Y/n) asked. "I wouldn't blame them. That's a stupid name." Varian said and Rapunzel rolled her eyes.

"No, not that. Little Big Guy." Rapunzel said and the dragon looked up at her with his big happy eyes. "You know what? Suppose Little Big Guy were to stay here, just, you know, until we figure out what to do with him. We do have to keep him quiet, so we don't cause a panic." Rapunzel said.

Pascal gave a thumbs up and Little Big Guy let out a loud roar right in front of (Y/n) causing her to cover her ears. "Okay! We will work on that quiet part." Rapunzel said and Varian nodded. "Yeah that might be just a teenie tiny important part to this whole plan."

"Now, we-we don't want to scare anybody, so he can't stay in the castle." Rapunzel said. "What about the meadow?" Varian asked and (Y/n) shook her head. "Oh no! We are not putting a dragon in the meadow! Sunny is territorial about the meadow enough as it is. Plus I really don't want dragon hellfire to rain down on it. Especially when my willow tree is doing so well." (Y/n) said crossing her arms over her chest.

"Well that just means we'll need to train him to survive. Do you think we can do that?" Rapunzel asked and everyone nodded. "Good. Now, to get him out of here without attracting attention." Rapunzel said and they watched as Little Big Guy hit a table hard with his tail. "I'm gonna have to recruit some help." She said placing a hand on her chin.

Eugene peeked around the corner before carrying a large table with the help of Rapunzel while (Y/n) and Varian stood on the other sides of the table blocking the dragon as much as possible.

"You know, sunshine, next time you want me to move furniture, I'd appreciate it if it were actually furniture." Eugene whispered right before Little Big Guy stepped on his foot. "Yow! It just stepped on my foot! Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow! Ow?" Eugene said making Varian laugh and (Y/n) facepalm.

"Uh, hey! Hey, everyone! There are free, um..." Rapunzel started to say. "Pastries in the throne room!" Eugene said and everyone scurried off. "Let's go." Rapunzel said. "Right, right." Eugene said picking up the table once more.

"I still don't understand why you didn't just want (Y/n) to magic you guys out of here! It's perfect for moments like this!" Eugene said and Rapunzel rolled her eyes. "Punz didn't want anyone to get suspicious." (Y/n) said. "And by anyone they mean Nigel. He seems to be really persistent on this whole 'if there is a dragon we have to get rid of it' thing." Varian said. "Still doesn't explain why you didn't just zip zap over with your magic!" Eugene whisper yelled.

The group made it all their way into the forest going a bit farther out than the meadow after picking up a few other animal friends on the way. "Okay! Let's start with some basic skills and work our way up." Rapunzel said putting the book down on the ground. Her, Varian, (Y/n), Eugene, Ruddiger, Sunny, Pascal, and Little Big Guy we're all laying on their stomachs on the ground.

"Every dragon should be able to move discreetly. Sometimes they need to tuck and roll." Rapunzel said demonstrating for the dragon. (Y/n) did the same with a soft giggle as she rolled towards Rapunzel. Varian followed after but continued rolling so he was on top of (Y/n) making both of them laugh. Pascal rolled over following the others. Little Big Guy did the same...but in the opposite direction and onto Eugene making him groan. Ruddiger, (Y/n), and Varian all laughed at the sight.

"Eating is key to survival. A baby dragon must learn what he can and can't eat." Rapunzel said as Little Big Guy looked at the three options in front of him. An apple picked by Varian, a rock grabbed by (Y/n), and a now dead mouse Sunny caught.

"Cmon, Little Big Guy! You got this!" Varian cheered. "2/3 are technically edible! Don't eat the rock!" (Y/n) said as they all watched him sniff the apple. The dragon let out a soft roar before eating the only thing that wasn't an option...the table.

"Every dragon needs to fly!" Rapunzel said gesturing towards the witch. She nodded with a smile before closing her eyes. She took a deep breathe before focusing carefully on her wings. She let her breathe out slowly and her wings start to slowly and carefully unravel from her back. The large red and orange wings flapped gently behind her. The others stood next to her and moved their arms up and down.

"Up, down. Up, down. Up, down. Up, down!" Rapunzel said and everyone followed suit. Little bug guy flapped his wings harder and (Y/n) followed. She levitated carefully off the ground while the others were blown back on the ground. Well...Eugene into the tree. "I think I'd call that a success." Eugene said before sliding down onto the ground while Varian stared at his girlfriend in awe with his head on his hand.

Pascal tumbled towards Little Big Guy and changing colors each time he hit the ground. Little Big Guy sniffed him a few times before turning red to everyone's surprise. Pascal yelled while the others stared at the dragon impressed.

"Little Big Guy? You can change colors?!" Rapunzel said running up the the dragon with the others right on her tail. "What?" Eugene said a before turning to (Y/n). "Witchy please explainy." He said as (Y/n) put her feet back on the ground. Her wings carefully going back into her back. Pascal changed into a bright blue and the dragon did the same.

"Dragons can magically adopt characteristics of someone they love. Normally they take on one of their parents powers, or at least another dragons. But I had no idea they could mirror any power!" (Y/n) said before squealing. "Sapphires do you know how cool that is?!" She said shaking his arm. "That is absolutely incredible!" Varian said just as excited.

"No way, really? I wonder what else he can do." Eugene said before Little Big Guy's tongue shot out and hit Eugene in the face similar to Pascal's. "Ugh I had to ask!" Eugene said making them laugh.

"Apparently, dragons can even lend their own traits to their friends!" Rapunzel said reading from the book making her gasp. "Pascal! You've got a horn too! And wings!" Rapunzel said and everyone stared amazed at the reptile.

"You're going to love flying, Pascal. Just don't get eaten by bigger birds." Varian said making (Y/n) laugh. "Twinsies!" (Y/n) and Rapunzel yelled while Rapunzel held Pascal up to Little Big Guy.

Pascal changed to a plaid pattern and Little Big Guy tried to copy, but he ended up blue with purple polka dots. "Why does that remind me of my imaginary monster in my closet when I was a kid?" Varian asked more to himself than the others.

Little Big Guy became sad as he couldn't do the same pattern. "Look don't worry. Learning to go plaid takes time. I'm assuming. I'm no plaid expert. But I do love a tartan." Eugene said and (Y/n) nodded. "Three colors at once in a very specific order sounds really hard. But you did polka dots perfectly!" (Y/n) said with a large smile. "It's like how learning to fly is not easy. Right, (Y/n)?" Rapunzel asked and she nodded.

Pascal was ready to take off before Rapunzel stopped him. "You know, you've done a lot today. Maybe you could use a test before you try to fly again. I know I can. Good night you two. And please try to lay low." Rapunzel said and they all started to leave.

"Don't forget we owe some people pastries." Eugene said. "One two three, not it!" Varian yelled. "Not it!" Rapunzel and (Y/n) yelled back making Eugene groan. "Guess I'll stop at Attila's." He said rolling his eyes.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

575K 35.2K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.2M 36.8K 200
BOOK - 1 (COMPLETED) [CH 1-598] "Jiang Yu transmigrates into a novel and becomes a side character in the book. In the book, she's a long-lost daught...
537K 11.6K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
147K 4.6K 180
Yan Jing Ze encountered an accident while escaping with his lover, was accidentally parasitized, and was involved in reincarnation. He was lost in re...